PDA

View Full Version : Worth noting: Last of the Mohicans (1992)

helencalif
09-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Ken Bora mentioned leaving the first lady's speech and going to watch "The Last of the Mohicans" and loving the beautiful scenery of this movie which starred Daniel Day Lewis and was made in 1992. Since this is one of my favorite movies -- for the scenery, for the music, for the story -- I googled it. The entire film was made at various locations in North Carolina.

I thought the Mohicans were in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Not so. They were in the Hudson River Valley. The Iroquois, Mohawks, and other tribes were in the Finger Lakes region.

If you have not seen the movie, do so. It is a good one IMHO.

Helen

BonMallari
09-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I just watch it because I like Madeline Stowe...brutal movie...love watching the villain Wes Studi (Magua) get his at the hands of Chingachgook

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Great movie!!! The music is just wonderful. And the scenery is stunning.

lesa c

M&K's Retrievers
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Great movie. If Obama had been around back then we would be up to our arses in Mohicans today.

paul young
09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Great movie. If Obama had been around back then we would be up to our arses in Mohicans today.

You've totally lost me.......

However, i agree it is a great movie for all of the reasons already posted.

-another great movie (in my opinion) is Rob Roy.-Paul

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I've seen Rob Roy also, great sword fighting scenes. Gruesome, but great!

Love, love, love movies regards...

lesa c

zeus3925
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Ken Bora mentioned leaving the first lady's speech and going to watch "The Last of the Mohicans" and loving the beautiful scenery of this movie which starred Daniel Day Lewis and was made in 1992. Since this is one of my favorite movies -- for the scenery, for the music, for the story -- I googled it. The entire film was made at various locations in North Carolina.

I thought the Mohicans were in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Not so. They were in the Hudson River Valley. The Iroquois, Mohawks, and other tribes were in the Finger Lakes region.

If you have not seen the movie, do so. It is a good one IMHO.

Helen

I usually don't see a movie a second time but "The Last of the Mohicans" is one of those I watch a couple times a year times a year. Two others I watch are " Das Boot" and The Last Picture Show".

Ken Bora
09-07-2012, 12:36 AM
I just watch it because I like Madeline Stowe...brutal movie...love watching the villain Wes Studi (Magua) get his at the hands of Chingachgook

my very good friend Jim Greene had a real hand carved war axe just like the one used in that scene.
very very old
so heavy, for just wood. Hardhack they thought. Do not know if you have it in the south.
and they would run all day with it! Wow!
hard core!

Ken Bora
09-07-2012, 12:39 AM
...up to our arses in Mohicans today.

I'd be a better world.

M&K's Retrievers
09-07-2012, 12:52 AM
I'd be a better world.

Probably so. :)