PDA

View Full Version : DOD violating Military voter law

gmhr1
09-08-2012, 12:41 PM
http://www.yourvalleyvoice.com/news/article_1e14c8ae-f90b-11e1-b962-001a4bcf887a.html

Seems they would rather Military didnt vote this time around. They let everyone out there vote with no ID but make it much more difficult on the men and women that serve this country because Obama knows the military will not vote for him again.

Jason Glavich
09-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Why not just vote ansentee? I agree they have not done all they should but it isn't that hard to vote through the mail.

huntinman
09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Why not just vote ansentee? I agree they have not done all they should but it isn't that hard to vote through the mail.

It might be if your in some rat-hole in A-stan...

Jason Glavich
09-11-2012, 07:42 AM
I agree, but the law was not meant for that. I think they should be able to figure out how to let them vote from a war zone but that is different than the law that they are talking about. I doubt they are going to put a voting assist office at every fob in A-stan.

Ken Bora
09-11-2012, 08:16 AM
What chafes my satchel fellers is…….
The person at home, right here. Often, in my area anyway, volunteers. Your basic cookie making gossip granny. Refusing to accept the ballot from the deployed person because some picayune local hoop is not jumped through. The intent to vote is clear and because of the nature of how they received the ballot. The voter is clearly named and identified. And yet the same gossip granny, more often then naught, lets any Tom, Dick or Harry walk up in person with no ID at all, and vote!
And is not breaking any law! A big ol’ WTF !

Uncle Bill
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
The person at home, right here. Often, in my area anyway, volunteers. Your basic cookie making gossip granny. Refusing to accept the ballot from the deployed person because some picayune local hoop is not jumped through. The intent to vote is clear and because of the nature of how they received the ballot. The voter is clearly named and identified. And yet the same gossip granny, more often then naught, lets any Tom, Dick or Harry walk up in person with no ID at all, and vote!

Talk about "...the Illusion of Knowledge", the entire Democrat policy on not requiring an ID to vote is typical hypocrisy. Even the mental midgets can see what's going on and why!

My question is,..."Why are we surprised"?

UB

murral stark
09-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Isn't the GOP the ones pushing the voter ID law? Knowing that alot of people that will vote democrat do not have the ID they are requiring. I saw somewhere on the tube that some cities are trying to not have a place to vote in the inner city where the majority of the people that will vote democrat reside. If this statement is untrue, someone please correct my mistake.

gmhr1
09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
with the military it s not about voter ID its about making it more difficult for them to vote period. ( a deficiency in the implementation of on-base voter assistance for military service members and their families,) They wont vote for Obama so why not make it more difficult? and yes if you have to show ID to get a return at a store you should have to show ID to vote.

murral stark
09-11-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think there is anything in the constitution that says you have to have a picture ID to vote. The military should be able to vote with no questions asked. If they are good enough to die for their country, they should be good enough help decide the person they want as the president of this country. they should be able to vote from their base in whatever rathole they are in by computer, Or they should make something where their vote can be counted regardless of whom they vote for. I am sure with the technology we have, something can be done, It is their constitutional right to vote.

huntinman
09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Isn't the GOP the ones pushing the voter ID law? Knowing that alot of people that will vote democrat do not have the ID they are requiring. I saw somewhere on the tube that some cities are trying to not have a place to vote in the inner city where the majority of the people that will vote democrat reside. If this statement is untrue, someone please correct my mistake.

Your first problem is believing everything you see on tv.

murral stark
09-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Well I saw it on "The Ed Show". He's not biased is he? I didn't think you could say anything on TV that's not true.;)

charly_t
09-12-2012, 10:24 PM

Sorry your grannies are not like ours here in Osage county, OK. No one walks in and votes without proper ID. Lived here and voted here since 1977 and have always had to show proper ID before voting ( and sign my name ). Of course this is a wonderfull place to live :-) :-) :-)

Vammy
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Sorry your grannies are not like ours here in Osage county, OK. No one walks in and votes without proper ID. Lived here and voted here since 1977 and have always had to show proper ID before voting ( and sign my name ). Of course this is a wonderfull place to live :-) :-) :-)

Washington County, OK is the same. My voting place is the community hall in the little po-dunk town of 100 people where I live, and Sara (who runs the convenience store, and knows everybody) says "Hi Scott, how are you doing?", she still makes me throw down my drivers license...and I have to sign my name.

charly_t
09-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Washington County, OK is the same. My voting place is the community hall in the little po-dunk town of 100 people where I live, and Sara (who runs the convenience store, and knows everybody) says "Hi Scott, how are you doing?", she still makes me throw down my drivers license...and I have to sign my name.

I spent a lot of my growing up years in that county. When Allan Jackson sings about his "muddy water" meaning so much to him I think "yep, Caney river in Washinton county". Lots of fun hunting that Caney river bottom east of the Caney river bridge on highway 75 south of Bartlesville. I sure miss that !