PDA

View Full Version : Willard Mitt Romney or Barack Hussein Obama II ?

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Willard Mitt Romney or Barack Hussein Obama II ?

O.K. Team.
This is a poll
This is a PUBLIC POLL
Everyone gonna see how you voted.
I am not asking who you want to win. I am asking to predict who will win. Like when you’re watching a football game. There are some games with one team that you want to win, your more favorite team. Then there is the team you think will win.
After the election we will be able to revisit this and some will be able to go “Nanner, Nanner, Boo Boo!!” and others will go “WAAAAAAAAAA!
But lets call it now
Who do you think will win?

M&K's Retrievers
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm bumping this because it looks like voting without posting is burying the thread.

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 04:58 PM
seems a wee bit of a landslide

BonMallari
09-09-2012, 05:07 PM
in all honesty, not that it would have changed my vote you should have added a third independent candidate because I would guess that Gary Johnson will get some votes from some here on the RTF Potus

charly_t
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I think Mitt will win but I also think it will be a close race ( very close ). Most Okies that I talk to are voting for Mitt if they are being honest with me.

JDogger
09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
seems a wee bit of a landslide

Well, I did not vote yet. The question was, "who do you believe will win" not "who will you vote for." Although that seems to be the motivating factor.
Surprise, surprise... By a large factor the residents of PP believe Romney will win. They will most likely vote for him.
The poll to me seems definitive, "who will win?" Well, we only have two choices and given the number of views in contrast to the number of votes, it would appear to me that a large number wish for neither candidate to win. Given a choice I would vote for a third party candidate, but that is not a choice in Ken's poll, nor in the general election.
I recognize that third party candidates can not win a national election at this point in time, but a vote in that direction could give us alternatives in the future.
Who will win the election? Why the lesser of two evils of course. Are we all prepared to accept that?

JD

Bon, you're faster.

mngundog
09-09-2012, 05:37 PM
in all honesty, not that it would have changed my vote you should have added a third independent candidate because I would guess that Gary Johnson will get some votes from some here on the RTF Potus

Well, I did not vote yet. The question was, "who do you believe will win" not "who will you vote for." Although that seems to be the motivating factor.
Surprise, surprise... By a large factor the residents of PP believe Romney will win. They will most likely vote for him.
The poll to me seems definitive, "who will win?" Well, we only have two choices and given the number of views in contrast to the number of votes, it would appear to me that a large number wish for neither candidate to win. Given a choice I would vote for a third party candidate, but that is not a choice in Ken's poll, nor in the general election.
I recognize that third party candidates can not win a national election at this point in time, but a vote in that direction could give us alternatives in the future.
Who will win the election? Why the lesser of two evils of course. Are we all prepared to accept that?

JD

Bon, you're faster.
The question is who do you think will win? No one in their right mind believes Johnson will win so there is absolutely no reason to have him as a choice.

JDogger
09-09-2012, 06:03 PM
The question is who do you think will win? No one in their right mind believes Johnson will win so there is absolutely no reason to have him as a choice.

Read the post. I notice you have not voted either. So...I'll vote. I believe Mittens will win.

I'm so looking forward to this...JD

What did he tell David Gregory this morning?

"It'll take 8 to 10 years to correct this."

Even if he is elected, he'll be gone by then...!!!

JD

No matter who wins, we all lose.

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Well, I did not vote yet.

I do understand the poor voter turnout as yet is 'cause of it being Sunday. I expect this to take off Monday morning when many access RTF at work. Still, I did think it would be close.

BonMallari
09-09-2012, 06:25 PM

I respectfully disagree...the reason Johnson should be in the poll is the same reason he will be on the ballot...those that want to vote for him believe in their hearts that he should win...I for one would have liked to have seen a truer representation since the voting was going to be exposed

I know he has no chance of winning, but it shouldnt stop us from letting everyone have their say in it

Mitt will win, I want him to win, I will vote for him and not even have to think twice about it

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
...those that want to vote for him believe in their hearts that he should win...

and yet, that was not the question now was it? ;-)

JDogger
09-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I do understand the poor voter turnout as yet is 'cause of it being Sunday. I expect this to take off Monday morning when many access RTF at work. Still, I did think it would be close.

Yet you close it Sunday night... CS Ken, CS...

Terri
09-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I think Obama will win, but I'm not voting for him. It really does not matter how I vote since I live in a blue state.

Terri

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Yet you close it Sunday night... CS Ken, CS...

close what?
the poll has 0 or no close date.
what is cs?

HPL
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I will vote for Romney, and if something should happen to him AND Ryan before the election I will vote for whoever is running against Obama, but just because I think it will be a travesty for Obama and his posse to have a second term doesn't mean that it won't go down that way. Personally, at this point, I would give the odds as about 55-45 Obama (so went with Obama winning in poll) and really hope that the debates help Romney. I live in an area where I can only hope for low voter turnout, I certainly wouldn't man a phone to get out the vote unless I could be sure that I was calling Republicans as just random calls would be much more likely to stir up the Democratic vote.

JDogger
09-09-2012, 09:49 PM
close what?
the poll has 0 or no close date.
what is cs?
The RTF poll format I guess. My bad. Still agree w/ Bon. JD

Ken Bora
09-09-2012, 10:24 PM
The RTF poll format I guess. My bad. Still agree w/ Bon. JD

phew, I hoped it was not slang for a male chicken with a lolly pop.
I am not as hip to what the kids are a saying these days, as some of you all are.

paul young
09-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Sticking to the poll parameters, I think Obama will win.

Ken, you had to anticipate the poll results given the population of POTUS Place. Pretty much a no-brainer. Just about everyone here thinks it will be a Republican slam-dunk and even if they didn't, would rather eat a sh!t sandwich than admit they don't think the Republican party will win this one.-Paul

Ken Bora
09-10-2012, 06:14 AM
you know Paul,
I thought a large number of republicans would be sure
the democrats would squeak out a win.
I did not expect this lopsidedness atall.

paul young
09-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Hey, thanks for putting it up for discussion. The responses are interesting.- Paul

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I hope Romney & Ryan win, but not sure it is going to happen.

lesa c

Ken Bora
09-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Hey, thanks for putting it up for discussion. The responses are interesting.- Paul

very interesting, as well as those regulars who I know are here. That have not voted.
What up guys, afeared to take a public guess? All hat no cattle? as Dr. Ed told me how to use that saying.

mngundog
09-10-2012, 10:16 AM
very interesting, as well as those regulars who I know are here. That have not voted.
What up guys, afeared to take a public guess? All hat no cattle? as Dr. Ed told me how to use that saying.
As for me Ken, at this point in time I think its a coin flip.

Franco
09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I think Obama will win the General Election however, Mitt did win the GOP Beauty Contest.

Like I've said earlier, Louisiana will go Republican no matter who is running. I'll be voting Libertarian!

Uncle Bill
09-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I think Obama will win the General Election however, Mitt did win the GOP Beauty Contest.

Like I've said earlier, Louisiana will go Republican no matter who is running. I'll be voting Libertarian!

No you won't...you'll be voting FOR OBAMA. Hope you have deep pockets, and a large hidden safe for your guns.

UB

Franco
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
No you won't...you'll be voting FOR OBAMA. Hope you have deep pockets, and a large hidden safe for your guns.

UB

No Bill, I said very clearly that I will be voting Libertarian and that my state will go GOP.

Unlike many, my thoughts are not managed via fear and I tend to look at things a bit more clearly!

Uncle Bill
09-10-2012, 11:23 AM
No Bill, I said very clearly that I will be voting Libertarian and that my state will go GOP.

Unlike many, my thoughts are not managed via fear and I tend to look at things a bit more clearly!

What you have said "very clearly" is not correct. What you WILL be doing is throwing away a vote to remove Obama from office. The only obvious clarity in your mind is that you have no compunction whatsoever as to what your offspring will be suffering...that's not 'fear', that's knowing what will happen, should this nation fail in this election to remove a jackass from the White House. It's becoming quite clear that you don't give a damn about anything but your own selfish views, which is so typical of a sore loser. After your candidate took it in the shorts, you will go to every possible end to make it hurt for the rest of the country.

Mark my words, Franco...FOUR MORE YEARS OF OBAMA WILL KILL YOUR BUSINESS! You can put that in your 'principled' pipe and puff away all you want.

UB

Franco
09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
What you have said "very clearly" is not correct. What you WILL be doing is throwing away a vote to remove Obama from office. The only obvious clarity in your mind is that you have no compunction whatsoever as to what your offspring will be suffering...that's not 'fear', that's knowing what will happen, should this nation fail in this election to remove a jackass from the White House. It's becoming quite clear that you don't give a damn about anything but your own selfish views, which is so typical of a sore loser. After your candidate took it in the shorts, you will go to every possible end to make it hurt for the rest of the country.

Mark my words, Franco...FOUR MORE YEARS OF OBAMA WILL KILL YOUR BUSINESS! You can put that in your 'principled' pipe and puff away all you want.

UB

Actually Bill, I am voting for the candidate that I think this country needs the most. Nothing more or nothing less and refuse to waste my vote on any candidate that I feel is not in the best interest of the country!

Voting against a candidate is being managed by fear whereas voting for a candidate is what it should all be about!

gmhr1
09-10-2012, 04:36 PM
The left talks about a war on women but there are 5.7 unemployed women in America under Obama. At least we are number 1 in something ...food stamps we should all be very proud of our Pres.

huntinman
09-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Actually Bill, I am voting for the candidate that I think this country needs the most. Nothing more or nothing less and refuse to waste my vote on any candidate that I feel is not in the best interest of the country!

Voting against a candidate is being managed by fear whereas voting for a candidate is what it should all be about!

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

Franco
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

Actually, this is what I think of the Obama/Romney supporters as neither one has identifed what is really harming the economy. Romney's ideas on Foreign Policy are dangerous and he could be worse than Obama. Just because we was good at buying distressed companies, stripping them and repackaging them, doesn't mean he is qualified to run the USA!

charly_t
09-10-2012, 06:24 PM
.................................................. ......................Just because we was good at buying distressed companies, stripping them and repackaging them, doesn't mean he is qualified to run the USA!

You got that right ! It was for many years that I did not vote for the elephant or the donkey then I wasted my vote on McCain and Palin. I gave up wasting my vote on the independants etc. however. I will probably vote for Romney and Ryan. Can't see anything good from either major party.

7pntail
09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Good thread. My very good friend from Lodi (that now lives in Eureka ca---the far north left coast) and I had our first political discussion via text messages. He asked me if I watched the Democratic convention. He was fired up. He asked me what I thought. I told him " I think Obama is an incredible orator, not as good as Hitler, but a very good speaker". Mitt, I said, is a dud.

He shot back with a reference to me calling Obama Hitler. He wasn't listening. We talked, and he implied I was rich, that is why I support Romney. We haven't spoken since, but we will--we are good friends. From his perspective---he is a hard worker with a business degree that lost his job, purchased a house at the height of the market. Struggling for sure. Obama is a champion for for the middle class in his opinion.

What he didn't know, is that I am upside down on two houses, and about even on a third. I have a lot of debt (and stress) that have come with my entrepreneurial spirit. Rich? Nope, struggling too, But, I have a job thank goodness.

Just wanted to share perspective. Who's going to win----Obama--he is a great speaker.

M&K's Retrievers
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM

Franco, the next time there is a hurricane headed your way, stand on your front porch and take a leak. You'll get the same results as voting for your no can win Libertarian Candidate. If he or she had a shot, that would be great. They don't, you don't, so quit moaning and groaning about how righteous you are by voting your convictions. And Franco, believe it or not, you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Other opinions voiced here are valid as well.

Franco
09-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Franco, the next time there is a hurricane headed your way, stand on your front porch and take a leak. You'll get the same results as voting for your no can win Libertarian Candidate. If he or she had a shot, that would be great. They don't, you don't, so quit moaning and groaning about how righteous you are by voting your convictions. And Franco, believe it or not, you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Other opinions voiced here are valid as well.

A victory for me would be in denying either candidate the majority of votes.

Unlike you, I don't want anymore of the same! No one on RTF wanted Romney during the Primaries. So, you back him all you want, I want better!

Here is a hint; the Repub Platform is beyond broken.

HPL
09-10-2012, 10:18 PM

UB

Actually, I sort of understand what Franco is saying. Because of the way the electoral college works, the overwhelming majority that the Republicans currently have in LA allows him to vote his conscience without any real impact on the outcome. Same thing here in Texas. I voted libertarian for pres in 2008, as I simply couldn't stomach Palin, Rep for everything else, my congressional district went
Dem and Texas went Rep for pres. In this district, my vote doesn't really count as it is overwhelmingly Dem.

M&K's Retrievers
09-10-2012, 10:30 PM
A victory for me would be in denying either candidate the majority of votes.

Unlike you, I don't want anymore of the same! No one on RTF wanted Romney during the Primaries. So, you back him all you want, I want better!

Here is a hint; the Repub Platform is beyond broken.

Your correct, I wasn't for Romney during the primaries. But I am for the ONLY one who has a chance of getting rid of the worst POTUS this country has ever seen. You were/are for Ron Paul. Not only did he not win the nomination, he got creamed. Now you want to waste your vote for a guy that has less name recognition than Fred Delph.

Here's a hint for you: The GOP has a platform and a chance of winning. You don't have diddley squat.

HPL
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
Your correct, I wasn't for Romney during the primaries. But I am for the ONLY one who has a chance of getting rid of the worst POTUS this country has ever seen. You were/are for Ron Paul. Not only did he not win the nomination, he got creamed. Now you want to waste your vote for a guy that has less name recognition than Fred Delph.

Here's a hint for you: The GOP has a platform and a chance of winning. You don't have diddley squat.

I certainly know who Ron Paul is but who the hell is Fred Delph!!??

M&K's Retrievers
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
I certainly know who Ron Paul is but who the hell is Fred Delph!!??

Nobody. That's my point.

road kill
09-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Actually, this is what I think of the Obama/Romney supporters as neither one has identifed what is really harming the economy. Romney's ideas on Foreign Policy are dangerous and he could be worse than Obama. Just because we was good at buying distressed companies, stripping them and repackaging them, doesn't mean he is qualified to run the USA!
And what achievements qualify you guys to run the USA????

Franco
09-11-2012, 06:30 AM
And what achievements qualify you guys to run the USA????

Voting for Gary Johnson is a protest vote against the status quo of Obama/Romney. Again, a victory would be denying either a majority of votes!

Obama is heading us in the wrong direction and Romney represents more of the same failed policies of the past. I also view Romney's statements on Foreign Policy to be frieghtening. Either one, we lose and instead of trying to figure out which one is worse, I'll support neither!

I'll add that the Libertarian Party understands that our failures are directly due to our out of control Federal Governemnt. That the bigger the government becomes, the less Freedoms we have. The party is all about personal accoutability and shrinking the size of the Federal Government!

M&K's Retrievers
09-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Voting for Gary Johnson is a protest vote against the status quo of Obama/Romney. Again, a victory would be denying either a majority of votes!

Obama is heading us in the wrong direction and Romney represents more of the same failed policies of the past. I also view Romney's statements on Foreign Policy to be frieghtening. Either one, we lose and instead of trying to figure out which one is worse, I'll support neither!

I'll add that the Libertarian Party understands that our failures are directly due to our out of control Federal Governemnt. That the bigger the government becomes, the less Freedoms we have. The party is all about personal accoutability and shrinking the size of the Federal Government!

Atta boy, Franco! You show 'em. In my opinion you will have given up your right to complain about the outcome. If we get four more years of Obama, it will be because of you and others like you. Not the blacks, Gays, Independents, Women, Youngsters or Liberals, but you and your brain dead ideology.

So here's to your protest vote. It is comforting to know that your vote means nothing in your state.

road kill
09-11-2012, 08:31 AM

So you admit that:

#1--They are not qualified by any measure to run the USA
#2--Through obstinance, you will vote soley on ideology for 2 men that have absolutely 0% chance of getting elected and as a result, can change NOTHING!!!
#3--Your myopic view on the fed & legal pot prevents you from understanding that a small step in the right direction with Romney is better than a giant step in the wrong direction with Obama
#4--It's not about what is best for the USA, it's about you!:cool:

I fully understand..........

menmon
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Obama will win and the democrats will keep the white house 12 more years because the economy will recover much faster these next 4 years. The TeaParty will be a thing of the past, too.

Folks are not dumb. They are understanding the Affordable Care Act as evidensed in its approval improvement in the polls. They realize that Obama has done a good job on terror and foriegn policy and they don't trust Romney and Ryan on that front. They know that much of the problems the country is dealing with is the result of these two long wars. They also have figured out that the tax cuts to the high tax brackets are not benefiting them nor the country, too. They also get that the country is improving and they don't want to chance that changing.

On a more serious note, I want to caution you guys on propaganda that will be encouraging you to sell your stocks. They will support it with scare tactics that they will try to bring creditablity to. Now think a minute, if I could get a bunch of people to sell out of their stock what would the market do...and you know the answer, go down. This would create an opportunity for me to short the market and then buy back in. Go hunting or fishing and ignore the market. Usually the market is bigger than this but so many people have been convinced that 4 more years of Obama means the end of the world as we know it. So don't be taken on this. It will all be good.

Franco
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
So you admit that:

#1--They are not qualified by any measure to run the USA
#2--Through obstinance, you will vote soley on ideology for 2 men that have absolutely 0% chance of getting elected and as a result, can change NOTHING!!!
#3--Your myopic view on the fed & legal pot prevents you from understanding that a small step in the right direction with Romney is better than a giant step in the wrong direction with Obama
#4--It's not about what is best for the USA, it's about you!:cool:

I fully understand..........

No Stan, you and others refuse to understand that for one, with the country having a 16 TRILLION dollar deficit, you have ceded much of your Liberty to the Federal Government. Obama's plan is to grow the Deficit by an estimated 8 TRILLION over the next ten years. Ryan's plan is to grow the deficit by an estimated 5 TRILLION over the next ten years. Both plans cede even more of our Liberties to the Federal Governemet!

A clear case of two dysfunctional political parties! Two parties with their media in tow preventing any third party voices questioning the two.
Do I need to remind you the definition of insanity?

You may enjoy working for the Fed Gove, but I don't!!!

road kill
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM
No Stan, you and others refuse to understand that for one, with the country having a 16 TRILLION dollar debt, you have ceded much of your Liberty to the Federal Government. Obama's plan is to grow the Deficit by an estimated 8 TRILLION over the next ten years. Ryan's plan is to grow the deficit by an estimated 5 TRILLION over the next ten years. Both plans cede even more of our Liberties to the Federal Governemet!

A clear case of two dysfunctional political parties! Two parties with their media in tow preventing any third party voices questioning the two.
Do I need to remind you the definition of insanity?

You may enjoy working for the Fed Gove, but I don't!!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Bazaarr/ladder.jpg

Franco
09-11-2012, 10:05 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a313/Bazaarr/ladder.jpg

What, you can't elaborate or just in denial?

road kill
09-11-2012, 10:07 AM
What, you can't elaborate or just in denial?
A small step in the right direction is better than a huge step in the wrong direction.

If you can not grasp that.....................no "elaboration" will help.

Uncle Bill
09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Obama will win and the democrats will keep the white house 12 more years because the economy will recover much faster these next 4 years. The TeaParty will be a thing of the past, too.

We need to make a poster of this statement, because this is the height of ignorance! After just 4 years of Obama's regime, this country will be another Greece, only on a larger scale.

Yes, if Obama gets back in, we can kiss our 2nd amendment rights goodby...we won't have any money to invest in your stock market...the taxes Obama and his oligarchy will extract from this nations providers will result in NO economy worth investing in. If you think the jobless rate is high now, you will just love 8% unemployment in 4 more years.

The Tea Party may be a thing of the past, as most of us will have left this ruination to the SFN and OWS crowds. And then you expect 8 more years of this fascism? Apparently you intend to run for the White House. No one else that I'm familier with would have the guts to further the death of a nation...but I'm sure you would. I just don't see how you intend to survive?

On a more serious note, I want to caution you guys on propaganda that will be encouraging you to sell your stocks. They will support it with scare tactics that they will try to bring creditablity to. Now think a minute, if I could get a bunch of people to sell out of their stock what would the market do...and you know the answer, go down. This would create an opportunity for me to short the market and then buy back in. Go hunting or fishing and ignore the market. Usually the market is bigger than this but so many people have been convinced that 4 more years of Obama means the end of the world as we know it. So don't be taken on this. It will all be good.

Spoken like a traditional Wall Street bandit..."buy and hold them SOB's, while us traders skin 'em good". What a charletan. Anybody in this market that doesn't keep a trailing stop-loss on every stock they own, Will deserve to go down with the likes of you and your phoney advice. Furthermore, shorting the market is where the BIG bucks are made. I can hardly wait.

Did you go to school with Joe Biden? Or did you just catch this foot-in-mouth disease on your own?

BTW, I'm happy to acknowledge your name change. I was getting leary of referring to you as being an "Oracle" of any type.

UB

Franco
09-11-2012, 10:25 AM
A small step in the right direction is better than a huge step in the wrong direction.

If you can not grasp that.....................no "elaboration" will help.

With both the Dems and the Repubs so willing to grow the deficit, I see steps in the wrong direction by both. Yet, the party that everyone is so willing to ignore is offering not only a balanced budget but, one that takes on the deficit in the first year! All the while decreasing the size of our ever-growing Federal Government.

I for one value my Freedom and am not ready to hand more of it over to politicians!

M&K's Retrievers
09-11-2012, 11:29 AM
With both the Dems and the Repubs so willing to grow the deficit, I see steps in the wrong direction by both. Yet, the party that everyone is so willing to ignore is offering not only a balanced budget but, one that takes on the deficit in the first year! All the while decreasing the size of our ever-growing Federal Government.

I for one value my Freedom and am not ready to hand more of it over to politicians!

Please spare us your constant dribble. The party that everyone is ignoring is being ignored for a reason. The vast majority of people in this country are not buying what your kind is trying to sell. What part of "No" don't you understand? If you can't see your way to help the situation, please feel free to take your ball and go home. And remember, no bellyaching after the election. You won't have earned the right.

Franco
09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Please spare us your constant dribble. The party that everyone is ignoring is being ignored for a reason. The vast majority of people in this country are not buying what your kind is trying to sell. What part of "No" don't you understand? If you can't see your way to help the situation, please feel free to take your ball and go home. And remember, no bellyaching after the election. You won't have earned the right.

A prime example of why we have the government we have! Keep supporting our out-of-control big spending government if you like. I want no part of it and will continue to exercise my rights while we still have them!

M&K's Retrievers
09-11-2012, 12:41 PM
A prime example of why we have the government we have! Keep supporting our out-of-control big spending government if you like. I want no part of it and will continue to exercise my rights while we still have them!

Since you cannot see your way clear to help the situation in a meaningful way, why don't you consider leaving? Costa Rica is nice this time of year.

Franco
09-11-2012, 01:44 PM
What's the matter, can't defend your opinions and have no arguement for Romney other than be is not Obama? You can have your status quo and a growing deficit which both Obama and Romney are offering!

Yes, I know Costa Rica is nice this time of year as I am not a shut in with a closed mind!

M&K's Retrievers
09-11-2012, 03:18 PM
What's the matter, can't defend your opinions and have no arguement for Romney other than be is not Obama? You can have your status quo and a growing deficit which both Obama and Romney are offering!

Yes, I know Costa Rica is nice this time of year as I am not a shut in with a closed mind!

I don't know if you are shut in but your mind is closed shut.

huntinman
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know if you are shut in but your mind is closed shut.

Tighter than a bear trap.

Franco
09-12-2012, 06:37 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/487550_10151152219817726_825838270_n.jpg

The truth is often a bitter pill.

huntinman
09-12-2012, 07:22 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/487550_10151152219817726_825838270_n.jpg

The truth is often a bitter pill.

Franco, the first step to overcoming a sickness is admitting you have a problem. We are here for you.

Franco
09-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Franco, the first step to overcoming a sickness is admitting you have a problem. We are here for you.

If being sick in defense of our Liberties is an illness, bury me now!;)

road kill
09-12-2012, 09:58 AM
If being sick in defense of our Liberties is an illness, bury me now!;)
I looked at your site.
One top headline brags of derailing Romney's chances to win.

What a lofty goal..............

Franco
09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I looked at your site.
One top headline brags of derailing Romney's chances to win.

What a lofty goal..............

The goal, as I've stated before is to deny both candidates a majority. That is the only way we can get more voices in the debate and not just the same old, same old Dems and Repubs!

huntinman
09-12-2012, 10:10 AM
The goal, as I've stated before is to deny both candidates a majority. That is the only way we can get more voices in the debate and not just the same old, same old Dems and Repubs!

So... tell us (in realistic, understandable terms) exactly how thats going to happen?

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM

That's what I call a great goal. A goal that doesn't mean diddly squat other than to insure four more years of Obama.

Nice. Real nice.

road kill
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
So... tell us (in realistic, understandable terms) exactly how thats going to happen?
Realistically, and in understandable terms;

"IT'S NOT!!!"

JimmyD
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Obama became O Bummer and Mitt Romney sounds like Might Rob Me still undecided?

Franco
09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I would have bet when I made that last post to see responces from the Curly, Larry and Moe Repubs, anybody but Obama. Doesn't matter if that anyone is worse than Obama, just as long as its not Obama.

How do you think a candidate denies the majority of votes to either the Dem or Repub candidate? They third party takes enough votes, that's how! Technically, 1% could deny either from a majority!

The nation needs fresh ideas, new voices, realistic solutions! Not more of the same that both the Dems and the Repubs offer.

I've posted this earlier and the three of y'all continue to ignore it. Obama's plan calls for an additional 8 Trillion in deficit spending over the next ten years. Ryan's plan calls for an additional 5 TRILLION in deficit spending.

Both plans are unacceptable to anyone with an understanding of the impact of running these huge deficits!

road kill
09-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I would have bet when I made that last post to see responces from the Curly, Larry and Moe Repubs, anybody but Obama. Doesn't matter if that anyone is worse than Obama, just as long as its not Obama.

How do you think a candidate denies the majority of votes to either the Dem or Repub candidate? They third party takes enough votes, that's how! Technically, 1% could deny either from a majority!

The nation needs fresh ideas, new voices, realistic solutions! Not more of the same that both the Dems and the Repubs offer.

I've posted this earlier and the three of y'all continue to ignore it. Obama's plan calls for an additional 8 Trillion in deficit spending over the next ten years. Ryan's plan calls for an additional 5 TRILLION in deficit spending.

Both plans are unacceptable to anyone with an understanding of the impact of running these huge deficits!
Typical "secular progressive" play.....name calling.

That's all you got!

I read the article on the site, it was aimed at denying Romney the election.
The article says nothing about denying Obama anything.

Gov. Gary Johnson Could Cost Romney 5 Battleground States, 74 Electoral Votes Needed to Win in 2012

"2-Term Governor Gary Johnson’s Votes in North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado Could Determine the Winner of the 2012 Presidential Election"

Libertarian Presidential candidate Gov. Gary Johnson is polling at 5.3% nationwide. (JZ Analytics/Washington Times).

But look at the numbers when he’s included in statewide polls against Obama and Romney. 13% in New Mexico. 9% in Arizona. 7% in Colorado. 7% in New Hampshire. 8% in Montana. (PPP and others)

Governor Johnson’s poll numbers – and his votes this November - may be the critical factor in “Tipping Point” or battleground states like North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, and Colorado – where Obama and Romney are 1% to 6% apart. Mitt Romney needs these 5 states, these 74 Electoral votes to win the White House.

North Carolina and Virginia voted Republican 7 out the last 8 Presidential races. Florida and Colorado voted Republican in 6 out of the last 8. Nevada voted Republican in 5 out of the last 8. All 5 of these battleground states voted for Barack Obama in 2008.

Zogby, Rasmussen, Gallup, CNN/Opinion Research, New York Times, Washington Post, LATimes, ABC, and CBS Polling Organizations all KNOW that 3% or 6% or 9% of the vote for Libertarian Presidential candidate Gov. Gary Johnson in these states could easily cost Romney 74 Electoral Votes – and the 2012 Presidential election.

Starting now, these organizations need to include 2-Term Governor Gary Johnson in all state Presidential polls – especially in these 5 “Romney Must Win” battleground states.

Gary Johnson was a 2-Term Republican Governor of New Mexico (1995-2003). During his 8 years in office, he vetoed over 750 bills – more than all other governors combined. He was repeatedly recognized and honored as the “most fiscally conservative Governor in America.”

Franco
09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Stan, would you like me to point out everytime you make insults?

I knew that when I posted that this morning and came back this afternoon that the usual three would have thier typical comments.

Supporting the same failed programs over and over is insane!

huntinman
09-12-2012, 02:31 PM

I knew that when I posted that this morning and came back this afternoon that the usual three would have thier typical comments.

Even IF you were right... how is 8 trillion better than 5 trillion... So your group is for an addition 3 trillion more debt than the republicans?? That's smart.

road kill
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Yeah, Leigh, I would like you to list the posts where I call you names.
If I point out simple facts and that insults you, I really don't care.

But yes, please do show all of my name calling?

And by the way, liberal and secular progressives are not names, they are politcal ideologies, which when used are apropos!!
Quite different from Moe, Larry and Curly, the Three Stooges.

Standing by..............

huntinman
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Leigh, I would like you to list the posts where I call you names.
If I point out simple facts and that insults you, I really don't care.

But yes, please do show all of my name calling?

And by the way, liberal and secular progressives are not names, they are politcal ideologies, which when used are apropos!!
Quite different from Moe, Larry and Curly, the Three Stooges.

Standing by..............

I'll be Moe... I like the Three Stooges;-)

Franco
09-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Even IF you were right... how is 8 trillion better than 5 trillion... So your group is for an addition 3 trillion more debt than the republicans?? That's smart.

Is it your reading comprehension or do you just like to make up stuff?

My group as I've stated a number of times is for a ZERO deficit, a balanced budget and downsizing of the Federal Government! It is YOUR group that wants to grow the deficit.

Stan, you have more than once suggested that I put the bong down.

JDogger
09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Stoogism is not a name, it is a political ideology as surely as progressivism. :rolleyes:

I know which one sounds better to me. JD

huntinman
09-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Is it your reading comprehension or do you just like to make up stuff?

My group as I've stated a number of times is for a ZERO deficit, a balanced budget and downsizing of the Federal Government! It is YOUR group that wants to grow the deficit.

Stan, you have more than once suggested that I put the bong down.

You are trying to derail Romney... that leaves Obama... that tells me your comprehension is lacking or your are intentionally pretending to be dumb.

huntinman
09-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Stoogism is not a name, it is a political ideology as surely as progressivism. :rolleyes:

I know which one sounds better to me. JD

You must, you voted it in 4 years ago. (liberal Stoogism that is)

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2012, 03:37 PM
If it's OK, I'll be Curly. Just watched the new Three Stooges movie with the grand kids last weekend. Pretty funny. But I digress.

Franco, I'll go real real slow. A vote for your guy is a vote for Obama = $8T vs $5T in deficit. That wasn't so hard was it? If you don't get it, let me know and I'll try to dumb it down some more if I can.

JDogger
09-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Moe and Curly are taken....who wants to be Larry? Bill? Stan? JD

Ken Bora
09-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Moe and Curly are taken....who wants to be Larry? Bill? Stan? JD

once again poor Shemp is left out like a third party office seeker ;-)

Franco
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
once again poor Shemp is left out like a third party office seeker ;-)

hahaha...funny, I'll be Shemp! I'll run on a platform of less government, a balanced budget amendment and elimination of the deficit. All by empowering the private sector and letting it work its magic!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/208917_487533427929451_453706034_n.jpg

BonMallari
09-12-2012, 11:34 PM

You do know what happens if no one gets a majority...and who has the tie breaking vote...You must have some convoluted thinking that some how your guy Ron Paul is somehow going to come out of the ashes and be annointed POTUS...You solution would also probably lead to civil war or anarchy in the streets, which would satisfy the Alinsky crowd,declare marshal law and set up the current incumbent with MORE power than any of us could ever imagine..in other words your goal is downright crazy talk

I for one could care less how you vote, that's for you to wrestle with your own conscience...the only vote I would be worried about you casting would be IF you were an AP Football voter :razz:

M&K's Retrievers
09-12-2012, 11:59 PM
You do know what happens if no one gets a majority...and who has the tie breaking vote...You must have some convoluted thinking that some how your guy Ron Paul is somehow going to come out of the ashes and be annointed POTUS...You solution would also probably lead to civil war or anarchy in the streets, which would satisfy the Alinsky crowd,declare marshal law and set up the current incumbent with MORE power than any of us could ever imagine..in other words your goal is downright crazy talk

I for one could care less how you vote, that's for you to wrestle with your own conscience...the only vote I would be worried about you casting would be IF you were an AP Football voter :razz:

No kidding. Funny tho, not a word about the Saints.

Franco
09-13-2012, 06:37 AM

I can't buy that!

If you remember back in 2000, we had one candidate win the majority of votes and the other won the Electoral College votes. THere was no anarchy or civil war! What we need is an alternative to our current two party system. In case you've missed it, the two major parties we have today are dysfunctional. Both willing to grow the deficit and lead us to a complete collapse of the dollar. That is what will cause civil war and anachy!

Ron Paul is retiring. WE missed the opportunity to refrom our governement and will continue to get the governemnt we deserve. However, there is no denying that the fastest growing alternatives are Libertarians, Independents and Teas. That is where our political salvation lays.

MK, I posted last Friday news of the Saints right here on POTUS. I expect them to win their Division. Over the last seven season under Brees/Payton, they always play at least one stinker game. They play down to the competition and get up for the bigger games. The only question this season in the NFC is, who will beat the 49ers. If I had to bet, I would put my money on a 49ers vs Ravens Super Bowl. BTW, the AP writers poll college and not the NFL.

M&K's Retrievers
09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
.... BTW, the AP writers poll college and not the NFL.

DUH!! Can't you tell when someone is just ragging you? Geesh!

JimmyD
09-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I was undecided, until today. The policies this administation is demonstrating in the Middle East is down right dangerous to the worlds future...

ARay11
09-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Franco,

Hopefully you can help me. I do like the Libertarian ideals.... as do many here on POTUS (even if they won't admit it ;) ).
However, there are two things buggin me....

1) Can a Libertarian candidate win this election? The obvious answer is "No". Not this election.

that being said.....Can they ever win an election?.... let's look....

2) Who (what demographic) is the Libertarian base? It appears as though it is White, middle to upper middle class, working (read: non-welfare), country/suburban, church-going (though not necessarily religious), veteran, well-taxed individuals. Right?

The Libertarian demographic is the MINORITY in this country.

There was a time not long ago when folks with good sense were the majority in America. Today, however, it is not so.

When you pile together the LGBT, OWS crowd, Welfare recips, WOW believers, and other "disenfranchised" .... they are a powerful group of "minorities".
They pile all their minority votes behind ONE candidate and become the new Majority.

I do not think it is a secret here who will receive my vote. But, given our minority status, and the Libertarians who think their vote will make a difference to the good, I think I will be very unhappy politically for the next 4 years.

We will continue to watch our absentee president apologize to foreign countries, continue to circumvent congress in order to ram more legislation down our throats, all the while taking more and more from the taxpayers to give to the non earners. :(

Franco
09-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Franco,

Hopefully you can help me. I do like the Libertarian ideals.... as do many here on POTUS (even if they won't admit it ;) ).
However, there are two things buggin me....

1) Can a Libertarian candidate win this election? The obvious answer is "No". Not this election.

that being said.....Can they ever win an election?.... let's look....

2) Who (what demographic) is the Libertarian base? It appears as though it is White, middle to upper middle class, working (read: non-welfare), country/suburban, church-going (though not necessarily religious), veteran, well-taxed individuals. Right?

The Libertarian demographic is the MINORITY in this country.

There was a time not long ago when folks with good sense were the majority in America. Today, however, it is not so.

When you pile together the LGBT, OWS crowd, Welfare recips, WOW believers, and other "disenfranchised" .... they are a powerful group of "minorities".
They pile all their minority votes behind ONE candidate and become the new Majority.

I do not think it is a secret here who will receive my vote. But, given our minority status, and the Libertarians who think their vote will make a difference to the good, I think I will be very unhappy politically for the next 4 years.

We will continue to watch our absentee president apologize to foreign countries, continue to circumvent congress in order to ram more legislation down our throats, all the while taking more and more from the taxpayers to give to the non earners. :(

ARay, I think you hit on some very solid pioints.

The Libertarians have grown mostly at the expense of the GOP. However, they have also grown from the ranks of moderate Liberals who value thier Liberties. Though I do think Romney is the lesser of two evils, what do we really accomplish by not addressing our problems at the core? Not much in my book and that is why I say all we wil get is the same old, same old.

For too long, both parties have taken the easy path and allowed everything this country has stood for erode. Both parties have passed laws that have allowed Wall St to run thier scams. Both have allowed for illegal migration to the USA and both have pander to that demographic. Both parties have spent money we don't have running up both our debt and deficit. If there is any real leadership in either party, they are doing a great job of hiding!

The bigger our government has become, the more out of control with no end in sight. Yet, the American people continue to support the status quo which to me is mind-boggling. Maybe, they thought they were getting something better with Obama. I tend to think that after 8 years of Bush that the American people were ready for anyone that didn't have an (R) behind their name.

We have to reel in our Federal Government! Not something I hear from either candidate though both Obama and Romney have parroted some of Ron Paul's comments during this campaign. However, neither has the ability to take it beyond talking points. Well, RP is retiring, riding into the sunset forever. But, his message grows stronger everyday and his son Rand will now carry that torch. I can't wait to get my hand on Rand's new book which I ordered yesterday. According to the reviews from the real Conservative media, he lays out a clear blueprint for getting us back on a road to real recovery.

I just hope we can keep the dollar viable long enough to his taking the White House. Some have asked me how I could back such a deeply religious man. My answer is that like Thomas Jefferson, John Kennedy and a few others, he understands the importance of keeping chruch and state seperate. So, I can overlook his short comings is that area;-) because he understands The Constitution.

He knows that the bigger our Fed Gov, the more they take from every working individual and the more Liberty we cede to them! With a 16 TRILLION deficit we have ceded much of our Liberties to them because we now work for the government as opposed the the government working for us! That is why entire Fed departments and Agencies needs to be eliminated. Why we need a drastic overhaul of the IRS and our Tax Code.

And, a sane Foreign Policy.

This was posted last night on the Libertarian website...

It is tragic when Americans serving their country are murdered, and we mourn their loss and honor their service. Part of honoring that service is to ask the obvious question: What U.S. interest is being served by putting our people – and our money – in places where U.S. personnel can be killed by extremists over a video? We launched millions of dollars worth of missiles to bring down Gaddafi, and this is what we get. We hail and encourage the outbreak of an Arab Spring in Egypt, send them billions of dollars we can’t afford, — and our embassy is breached and our flag desecrated.
In Afghanistan, we continue to put our troops in harm’s way 10 years after our post-9/11 mission was complete. Why?
The airwaves are filled today with political chest-pounding and calls for decisive action. The most decisive and prudent action we can take today is to stop trying to manage governments and peoples on the other side of the globe who don’t want to be managed, get our people out of impossible situations that have no direct U.S. interest, and immediately stop sending money to regimes who clearly cannot or will not control their own countries.
Protecting America with a strong national defense and a rational foreign policy is our leaders’ most basic responsibility. But let us not confuse national security with senseless intervention where our interests are clearly not being served.

Jacob Hawkes
09-13-2012, 03:12 PM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/9D361F7B-1E29-439B-9AE9-89A02BB78CF0-2040-000001B892A08512.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/E962E39B-0B28-4742-B138-BD2FF2E55BFD-2040-000001B896FF315C.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/6149C5DE-48D5-4F0D-8675-1A9D633C11D8-2040-000001B89869A242.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/02305C7D-7CEB-4DCD-9F40-DDD02139C058-2040-000001B89778CAD2.jpg

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/21EF109C-CD51-4120-8467-EFD4D5407687-393-00000046769A7012.jpg

Uncle Bill
09-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the 'smiles', Jacob. Sadly there's so much truth to some of those...especially the 6 year old.

UB

Jacob Hawkes
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
It is what it is. I thought those were nicely done though.

charly_t
09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
.................................................. The most decisive and prudent action we can take today is to stop trying to manage governments and peoples on the other side of the globe who don’t want to be managed, get our people out of impossible situations that have no direct U.S. interest, and immediately stop sending money to regimes who clearly cannot or will not control their own countries.
Protecting America with a strong national defense and a rational foreign policy is our leaders’ most basic responsibility. But let us not confuse national security with senseless intervention where our interests are clearly not being served.

That is so good I want everyone to read it again.

huntinman
09-13-2012, 09:37 PM
That is so good I want everyone to read it again.

True, but once they kill our people for no reason... we have to do something about it beside apologize to the killers.

charly_t
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
True, but once they kill our people for no reason... we have to do something about it beside apologize to the killers.

Are you trying to start an arguement. I in no way said anything about what should be done to the scum so why would you make a comment to me about something that I did not address. I usually agree with you but I have no idea what you are trying to say this time. Just in case you need to know I would NOT apologize.
My action would have probably been swift and violent but maybe it would have not got the right people. :-(

Jacob Hawkes
09-13-2012, 11:31 PM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/A7BC85E5-DBBA-4801-A447-A1A59B900FE5-393-000000A5EC9AF1CC.jpg

huntinman
09-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Are you trying to start an arguement. I in no way said anything about what should be done to the scum so why would you make a comment to me about something that I did not address. I usually agree with you but I have no idea what you are trying to say this time. Just in case you need to know I would NOT apologize.
My action would have probably been swift and violent but maybe it would have not got the right people. :-(

Charly... that's the problem with print. You can't read intent. I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way. Just adding on to the conversation. I agree with what you said... just threw my 2 cents worth on the end. Sorry for the confusion.:oops:

huntinman
09-14-2012, 07:42 AM
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g338/JacobHawkes/A7BC85E5-DBBA-4801-A447-A1A59B900FE5-393-000000A5EC9AF1CC.jpg

That's what I'm talking about.

charly_t
09-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Charly... that's the problem with print. You can't read intent. I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way. Just adding on to the conversation. I agree with what you said... just threw my 2 cents worth on the end. Sorry for the confusion.:oops:

Thank you for setting me straight on that. Sure had no intention of arguing with you. :-)

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Maybe we need: "START REMEMBERING" ?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/601375_3706479623761_659353681_n.jpg
(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3706479623761&set=a.3579448768069.2140090.1328646423&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf)