PDA

View Full Version : More "talking heads" blaming Bush again.

Uncle Bill
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Usual Sunday topic by the left that don't use ANY factual time-table from which to shoot off their mouths. Wonder if any of them actually have a clue? Most just repeat the mantra that was sent out by the Blabbermouth cronies. And we can't expect her to know a damned thing. Talk about a blithering idiot...the Dems have to be soooo proud.

At the time I posted this on another thread, I had a suspicion I should have posted it on it's own thread, so more would be able to read and realize why the lefties harsh blame of Bush is so pathetic. When you understand the 'true' Democrat take-over of the regulational aspect of the federal government, you can better judge Bush's inability to really change much of what was being foisted on the American public by Congress. Just a reminder of the actual timing of the course of events.

UB

Donít just skim over this, read it slowly and let it sink in. If in doubt, check it out.

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH

Remember the day...
January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.
The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES!

Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? OBAMA
And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie?
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress

So when someone tries to blame Bush...
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"
Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 &2011.
In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending increases.

For 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

Blackstone
09-09-2012, 02:50 PM
I wonder if the Republicans blame him as well. He was a 2 term President, their last President, and they didn't even bother to invite him to speak at their last 2 Natl. Conventions. Heck, they didn't even mention him at the last 2 conventions, other than that short video at the beginning of the 2008 convention. At the very least, they don't seem very proud of him.

gmhr1
09-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Both George H and George W were shown in a video at this convention. I think alot of dems think they are voting for Obama/clinton All Clnton did was say how good everything was under his watch and how bad it is under Obama. Four yrs ago it was Yes we can what happened? Now its no we didn't, the road is longer, rougher and will take longer to get there.
Bush has been out of office to long to keep blaming him, if Obama couldnt have done the job he never should have lied and said he could. He knew what the situation was when he took the position if he was in any other other job he would have been let go along time ago. He was a community organizer not Presidential material. .

huntinman
09-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I wonder if the Republicans blame him as well. He was a 2 term President, their last President, and they didn't even bother to invite him to speak at their last 2 Natl. Conventions. Heck, they didn't even mention him at the last 2 conventions, other than that short video at the beginning of the 2008 convention. At the very least, they don't seem very proud of him.

I think most of the real people out in the real world (on the right) are proud of him. It's the wimpy polititians who are afraid of the media, who make those choices you cite. I'll take him all day long over the current POTUS. One thing about him, he never did unusual things with a cigar in the oval office.

mngundog
09-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I think most of the real people out in the real world (on the right) are proud of him. It's the wimpy polititians who are afraid of the media, who make those choices you cite. I'll take him all day long over the current POTUS. One thing about him, he never did unusual things with a cigar in the oval office.

Most real people are proud of him yet his own party chooses to disown him, now that's funny. Clinton was sticking cigars pretty close to the same location Bush had his own head inserted.

menmon
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM

That was not as bad as Bush did....we would be much better off if he had spent 8 years not having sex with that women.

coachmo
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
You left-wing nuts are plain dumb. So Einstein are you saying Bush had his head up lewinsky's butt or what?

menmon
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
You left-wing nuts are plain dumb.

Wants dumb about wanting someone that decisions put this country in the soup being entertained as to occupy his time

mngundog
09-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Wants dumb about wanting someone that decisions put this country in the soup being entertained as to occupy his time
What? .........

coachmo
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM
What's that about?

coachmo
09-09-2012, 07:42 PM
So you can talk about presidents sticking cigars in female body parts or sticking their heads up their butts and I comment on an incoherent post and you wants cry! Give me a break.

coachmo
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah that never happens on here. I'll fix it for you, sniff, sniff.

mngundog
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah that never happens on here. I'll fix it for you, sniff, sniff.
Bless you. :D

Gerry Clinchy
09-09-2012, 09:49 PM
The whole 2008 campaign was about how many things Bush did wrong. Do you really think that Bush didn't know that the lower a profile he kept, the better it would be for the R candidate? And since the dialogue is still trying to lay all the misery at Bush's feet, I think he likely believes that the best thing he can do is stay out of the limelight. It makes absolute sense.

coachmo
09-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Gerry,
Why is that so easy for people like us to see?

mngundog
09-10-2012, 09:11 AM
The whole 2008 campaign was about how many things Bush did wrong. Do you really think that Bush didn't know that the lower a profile he kept, the better it would be for the R candidate? And since the dialogue is still trying to lay all the misery at Bush's feet, I think he likely believes that the best thing he can do is stay out of the limelight. It makes absolute sense.
I believe everyone from both sides of the isle agree with your statement.

Gerry Clinchy
09-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I think it is rather typical for former Presidents to keep a low profile for some years after leaving office. Bill Clinton is more unusual in that regard because of Hillary's political aspirations ... and maybe also Willie's ego?

mngundog
09-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I think it is rather typical for former Presidents to keep a low profile for some years after leaving office. Bill Clinton is more unusual in that regard because of Hillary's political aspirations ... and maybe also Willie's ego?
I disagree, first this isn't just low profile this is no profile, the Republicans are embarrassed of him and in no may does Romney want to be compared to him. Bill Clinton in not an unusual case the Democratic party holds him is high esteem the same way the Republicans do with Reagen, if Hilary was out of politics Slick Willy would have been just as involved.

Gun_Dog2002
09-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Wow, if republicans are ashamed of Bush, then democrats must really be hiding in shame over Obama.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/01/obama-wins-the-gold-for-worst-economic-recovery-ever/

/Paul

huntinman
09-10-2012, 06:04 PM
I disagree, first this isn't just low profile this is no profile, the Republicans are embarrassed of him and in no may does Romney want to be compared to him. Bill Clinton in not an unusual case the Democratic party holds him is high esteem the same way the Republicans do with Reagen, if Hilary was out of politics Slick Willy would have been just as involved.

The dem's have a really low standard. Take a look at your heroes...
Teddy Kennedy... kills a girl and leaves her in the water... goes on to become the "Lion of the Senate".
His Brother JFK... Although a good president for the time he had... known to cheat on his wife with anything that walked. Abused prescription painkillers due to his back problem.
Jesse Jackson... another philanderer... not to mention the fortune he has made as a professional blackmailer of corporations.
Al Sharpton.... Tawanna Brawley... among others.
Harry Reid... has become a multi-millionaire doing land deals in Searchlight NV!
Nancy Pelosi..."we have to read it to see what's in it.

And best of all... Slick Willie himself... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky"

To mention him in the same breath with Ronald Reagan... give me a break.

Franco
09-10-2012, 06:18 PM
The dem's have a really low standard. Take a look at your heroes...
Teddy Kennedy... kills a girl and leaves her in the water... goes on to become the "Lion of the Senate".
His Brother JFK... Although a good president for the time he had... known to cheat on his wife with anything that walked. Abused prescription painkillers due to his back problem.
Jesse Jackson... another philanderer... not to mention the fortune he has made as a professional blackmailer of corporations.
Al Sharpton.... Tawanna Brawley... among others.
Harry Reid... has become a multi-millionaire doing land deals in Searchlight NV!
Nancy Pelosi..."we have to read it to see what's in it.

And best of all... Slick Willie himself... "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky"

To mention him in the same breath with Ronald Reagan... give me a break.

At least they didn't start two needless wars where a couple hundred-of-thousand were killed. Over 60,000 American Servicemen DEAD and several TRILLION dollars wasted on two rat hole countries! Bush left office with this country in the worse shape ever by an exiting President. The Repubs have disowned Bush just as the Dems disowned LBJ.

coachmo
09-10-2012, 06:50 PM
So Franco correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't obama been president for the last four years during which time he could have ended either war? Surely you are not blaming all of this on the republicans. Didn't obama have a democrat controlled house and senate for a few years as well?

Franco
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
So Franco correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't obama been president for the last four years during which time he could have ended either war? Surely you are not blaming all of this on the republicans. Didn't obama have a democrat controlled house and senate for a few years as well?

Obama certainly could have ended both wars. Of course, much easier to say than do. Not only has the balance of power been upset with our intervention but our military doesn't want out either.

murral stark
09-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Only in America is the leader of the country looked down upon for bedding other women besides his wife. Some foreign leaders said something to the effect that if it had been him, it would only make him more powerful. It was a long time ago though. I still think it was some old, ugly senators and congressman that were mad that Monica wasn't sharing the love. If she would have made her rounds, everybody would've been happy.:2c:

Uncle Bill
09-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Only in America is the leader of the country looked down upon for bedding other women besides his wife. Some foreign leaders said something to the effect that if it had been him, it would only make him more powerful. It was a long time ago though. I still think it was some old, ugly senators and congressman that were mad that Monica wasn't sharing the love. If she would have made her rounds, everybody would've been happy.:2c:

So now we know TWO things about you...your not a girl, (Or that's your claim)...AND you have no scruples. For some reason, most Americans expect that to be a virtue in our Presidents. Understandably, many of the low-life don't find that important. It relates to the old adage...monkey see, monkey do!

UB

JDogger
09-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Murral, you're gonna make Bill's head explode. JD

murral stark
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM

The way he's been attacking me today, I think he will probably end up going to the ER for stroke like symptoms.:cool:

JDogger
09-10-2012, 07:59 PM
It relates to the old adage...monkey see, monkey do!

UB
Ahhh. that explains so much about your posting habits.

I was asked a couple years ago to not respond to you, Bill. That person has now been so offended that they have forgiven their request.

HI BILL....

JDogger
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
The way he's been attacking me today, I think he will probably end up going to the ER for stroke like symptoms.:cool:

Us old guys used to call it apoplexy. JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-10-2012, 08:10 PM
At least they didn't start two needless wars where a couple hundred-of-thousand were killed. Over 60,000 American Servicemen DEAD and several TRILLION dollars wasted on two rat hole countries! Bush left office with this country in the worse shape ever by an exiting President. The Repubs have disowned Bush just as the Dems disowned LBJ.

Say what??? Saints losing must have really messed up your head

coachmo
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Mike isn't that how they always spin it? Cloud the facts with enough B.S. and say it enough to get the simpletons to believe it. Uncle Bill I'm in complete agreement with you on your above post. No morals or scruples and complete hypocrites.

murral stark
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Mike isn't that how they always spin it? Cloud the facts with enough B.S. and say it enough to get the simpletons to believe it. Uncle Bill I'm in complete agreement with you on your above post. No morals or scruples and complete hypocrites.

One party doesn't corner the market on philanderers. Both sides have had their days of no scruples when it comes to fooling around.

Franco
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Over 6,000 American servicemen DEAD and for what? Trying to defend Bush for his Foreign Policy just makes the Repubs look that much more out-of-touch with the rest of the country. Along with his puppetteer, Cheney, is why we have Obama today. So, thank Bush for Obama! The American people are tired of the lies and mismanagement of his 8 years in office and the Repub Party is still reeling from it.

And yes, civilian deaths in Iraq are nearly one million;)

coachmo
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Franco, you're honestly putting all of that on bush? You are kidding, right? You are correct mural but not everyone brags about it.

Franco
09-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Franco, you're honestly putting all of that on bush? You are kidding, right? You are correct mural but not everyone brags about it.

He was the one that gave the order to invade. And, he was the one that thought nation building in Iraq was a good idea. Remember, Iraq was not involved with 9/11. The money to finance the terrorist came from the Saudis. Operations were planned in A'Stan and Pakistan. When no WMD's were found, we should have gotten the hell out!

murral stark
09-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I was making a joke about Clinton and the old senators and congressman being jealous that Monica wasn't spreading the love around. I didn't mean it to sound like bragging. I can't remember which country it was, but it was a leader of another country made that comment about increasing his power.

coachmo
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I was speaking in general, it seems to me that many liberals boast and brag about things that makes me scratch my head and my stomach turn. If that does not pertain to you then no biggie if it does then so be it.

M&K's Retrievers
09-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Over 6,000 American servicemen DEAD and for what? Trying to defend Bush for his Foreign Policy just makes the Repubs look that much more out-of-touch with the rest of the country. Along with his puppetteer, Cheney, is why we have Obama today. So, thank Bush for Obama! The American people are tired of the lies and mismanagement of his 8 years in office and the Repub Party is still reeling from it.

And yes, civilian deaths in Iraq are nearly one million;)

You are dumb enough to blame Bush for the deaths of anyone much less one million people in Iraq? Wonder where you got that tidbit of information.

murral stark
09-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I was speaking in general, it seems to me that many liberals boast and brag about things that makes me scratch my head and my stomach turn. If that does not pertain to you then no biggie if it does then so be it.

Ok. Whew, I thought I was sounding like I was bragging. I don't condone infidelity, that's why I have an ex-wife. Not me, her cheating.

Ken Bora
09-11-2012, 05:48 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FekELn6Cqq8/SDSEOFVFw-I/AAAAAAAACL0/vr2fCjJHmmE/s400/Fred_Sanford.jpg