PDA

View Full Version : Under attack in Lilbia and Egypt at least one American dead

luvmylabs23139
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
A US official has been killed and others wounded in Libya as an armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam attacked the US consulate in Benghazi.
Libya's Supreme Security Committee spokesman said: "One American staff member has died and a number have been injured in the clashes."

http://news.sky.com/story/983922/us-official-killed-in-libya-prophet-protest

gmhr1
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Dont look to Obama for any leadership he will be busy playing golf. He already blew off Netanyahu, But now that thats getting media attention he will probably find some time for him.

BonMallari
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Dont look to Obama for any leadership he will be busy playing golf. He already blew off Netanyahu, But now that thats getting media attention he will probably find some time for him.

and that alone should be a red flag to the large Jewish population in places like West Palm Beach, and the Villages, just where this administration's heart is when it comes to Israel...no excuse for not meeting with Bibi N..

Franco
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
What the Islamic world needs is more science in their lives and less religion. Any culture that condems science can be expected to be a society of violent fools.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/393205_504420612918889_1663501298_n.jpg

huntinman
09-12-2012, 07:13 AM
What the Islamic world needs is more science in their lives and less radical religion. Any culture that condems science can be expected to be a society of violent fools.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/393205_504420612918889_1663501298_n.jpg

fixed it for you

coachmo
09-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Good save Bill!

road kill
09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
My understanding is that we have apoligized for the offense to Allah, though the Whitehouse claims they did not authorize it!

So, this is what we have come to.
WE get attacked on US property (consulate/embassy's) and we apologize!

How Carteresque!!!

huntinman
09-12-2012, 08:28 AM
My understanding is that we have apoligized for the offense to Allah, though the Whitehouse claims they did not authorize it!

How Carteresque!!!

I wonder if Obama apologized to the families of the dead Americans?

Time to put adults in charge at the White House.

HPL
09-12-2012, 08:34 AM
I think I'll go with Franco's original post.

On an aside, does anyone have a link to the Movie that apparently started this most recent atrocity?

huntinman
09-12-2012, 08:43 AM
I think I'll go with Franco's original post.

On an aside, does anyone have a link to the Movie that apparently started this most recent atrocity?

No movie could start anything. Fanatical terrorists start stuff like this all the time though. They don't need a reason... It's just an excuse.

HPL
09-12-2012, 09:19 AM
No movie could start anything. Fanatical terrorists start stuff like this all the time though. They don't need a reason... It's just an excuse.

I couldn't agree more with the thought you are expressing, but the news keeps referencing some movie about mohamed that sparked protests and I have just been attempting to find the clips that apparently have gotten play on the net.

On another note, how ironic that our embassies are guarded by marine military guards (a rather elite group of already elite warriors) and Tripoli is featured prominently in the Marine Hymn. We need to put a few hundred marines armed with MA50's and a few tons of rounds in every embassy in the middle east. You turn Ma loose on the crowd and that will cool their jets. Think I'd ship over a few 1000 gals of pig blood and a couple of high pressure pumps to each embassy too. Kill em, and then hose em down. I'm really tired of this shit.

huntinman
09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I couldn't agree more with the thought you are expressing, but the news keeps referencing some movie about mohamed that sparked protests and I have just been attempting to find the clips that apparently have gotten play on the net.

On another note, how ironic that our embassies are guarded by marine military guards (a rather elite group of already elite warriors) and Tripoli is featured prominently in the Marine Hymn. We need to put a few hundred marines armed with MA50's and a few tons of rounds in every embassy in the middle east. You turn Ma loose on the crowd and that will cool their jets. Think I'd ship over a few 1000 gals of pig blood and a couple of high pressure pumps to each embassy too. Kill em, and then hose em down. I'm really tired of this shit.

Amen..................

Franco
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
fixed it for you

You missed the point entirely!

The reason they are radical IS BECAUSE THEY CONDEM SCIENCE!

huntinman
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
You missed the point entirely!

The reason they are radical IS BECAUSE THEY CONDEM SCIENCE!

You have all the answers... Ron Paul tell you that too?

Gunners Up
09-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Is there a good reason why American Embassies wouldn't be on high alert and full lock down on 9-11???? Especially those Embassies in the Arabic Speaking parts of the world?

RD

road kill
09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Is there a good reason why American Embassies wouldn't be on high alert and full lock down on 9-11???? Especially those Embassies in the Arabic Speaking parts of the world?

RD
Because the guy responsible for making that call.....DIDN'T!!!!

huntinman
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Because the guy responsible for making that call.....DIDN'T!!!!

Turns out he did just the opposite... pulled military out of the embassies so as not to "offend" the muslims... left them with a few security guards. It was 9/11!!! Any imbecile should have forseen trouble...

huntinman
09-12-2012, 05:24 PM
To borrow a phrase: We own this country. And when somebody does not do the job, we've got to let them go.

starjack
09-12-2012, 06:16 PM
OPPS sounds like this was planed menmon please enlighten us on what your man is going to do now. Just heard two war ships are headed for libya. WHAT 2 DO WHAT 2 DO?

gmhr1
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Obama was getting ready to lay off 3000 navy enlisted men and women wonder if this will change those plans. He wants these deep cuts in Military maybe he should think again.

Gerry Clinchy
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
CBS News story?

"Military officials told CBS News an anti-terrorism team of U.S. Marines was being deployed to Libya to help secure US interests in the country following the attack. The State Department said, however, that no Americans were remaining at the facility in Benghazi. State officials would not confirm how many Americans were evacuated, or to where.
"Wanis al-Sharef, a Libyan Interior Ministry official in Benghazi, said the four Americans were killed when the angry mob, which gathered to protest a US-made film that ridicules Islam's Prophet Muhammad, fired guns and burned down the US consulate in Benghazi. He said Stevens, 52, and other officials were moved to a second building, deemed safer, after the initial wave of protests at the consulate.

"According to al-Sharef, members of the Libyan security team seem to have indicated to the protesters the building to which the American officials had been relocated, and that building then came under attack."

The gist of this was that our Libyan "allies" moved the ambassador to a safer location ... but then told the mob where they had taken him. Duh? Then they tell us that they will help us find the people responsible.

huntinman
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
CBS News story?

The gist of this was that our Libyan "allies" moved the ambassador to a safer location ... but then told the mob where they had taken him. Duh? Then they tell us that they will help us find the people responsible.

Lying is a way of life over there. I think they take pride in doing it well.

Pete
09-12-2012, 09:48 PM
The reason they are radical IS BECAUSE THEY CONDEM SCIENCE
So is God building their nuclear arsenal. Or are they using science?
Pete

Henry V
09-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Could you please substantiate any of your claims with links to facts? The only one trying to get media attention is willard.

murral stark
09-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Could you please substantiate any of your claims with links to facts? The only one trying to get media attention is willard.

Careful, you'll get crucified if you talk like that.:cool:

Henry V
09-12-2012, 10:01 PM

How Carteresque!!!
Could someone please post the text of this "apology"? Oh, and also the timeline of any statements by the state department compared to Egyptian embassy incident. I understand that Fox news says that there was an apology can someone please post the text and point out how it is an apology? Thanks in advance. I appreciate the consideration of this right wing echo chamber.

Gunners Up
09-12-2012, 10:09 PM
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the U.S. Embassy in Cairo said early Tuesday in a press release.

"Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others," the embassy added.

road kill
09-13-2012, 06:15 AM
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions," the U.S. Embassy in Cairo said early Tuesday in a press release.

"Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others," the embassy added.
Yeah, but...............................

GU, don't even bother, they will snopes the statement that you and I read and claim the words are false.
This guy steps in it on a daily basis and the secular progressives lap it up for him!
So, it's OK to BOO God, but don't hurt the muslims feelings????

BTW---The Whitehouse has also condemned this initial statement.
Claimed we misunderstood the context!!

zeus3925
09-13-2012, 07:13 AM
From the Detroit Free Press:
Arab-American and Muslim leaders in metro Detroit condemned on Wednesday the attacks on U.S. embassies in Egypt and Libya that resulted in the death of a U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

"There is no justification for such wanton violence that led to the deaths of innocent Americans in Libya," said Dawud Walid, head of the Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

The attacks on the embassies Tuesday may have been prompted by an anti-Islam film produced by a filmmaker who told the Associated Press that his name is Sam Bacile and that he is Israeli and financed the movie with 100 Jewish donors.

The man also told the Associated Press that "Islam is a cancer, period." But on Wednesday, some cast doubts about the man's identity: The Jewish Telegraphic Agency said there isn't an Israeli named Sam Bacile in California. In addition, the attack in Libya may have been planned by extremists before the movie controversy was raised.

coachmo
09-13-2012, 07:23 AM
RK, I made a similar comment a while back regarding Christianity being under attack and was met with the typical left-wing stupidity. It sure is a good thing for some of the people on here that either bash God or don't believe in him to be living in the USA. If they had the misfortune of living in an region of Muslim extremist their heads may have ended up on a stick. Yet, many still feel the need to defend Islam!

Gerry Clinchy
09-13-2012, 07:24 AM
More info coming out that Sam Bacile is an alias for a Coptic Christian who also has a rap sheet for bank fraud using stolen identities. Actors involved in the film say that dialogue was dubbed in that was not what their script read when they made the film. The film had a small screening in a small movie house in CA paid for by Sam Bacile (or whoever he really is). Then it went to YouTube. Bacile also made contact with that minister in FL (Jones) who wanted to burn the Korans.

huntinman
09-13-2012, 07:54 AM
They only needed one reason... they hate all "infidels"...

huntinman
09-13-2012, 06:22 PM
It has been reported that the savages probably sodomized Mr. Stevens prior to killing him... Meanwhile, our sorry excuse for a president is yucking it up on the campaign circuit like nothing ever happened. Seems Mr. Obama doesn't let attacks on Americans ruffle his feathers much.

He's got to go.

gmhr1
09-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Rand Paul tried to block foreign aid to Libya, Pakistan, and Egypt a total of 4 Billion a year but it passed

Mr. Stevens was sodomized (as being reported on a lot of different websites ) prior to his death and obama is busy in Golden Co today, I guess he has more important things to worry about. We need a Leader that will stand up to these people

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/sep/13/picket-report-murdered-us-ambassador-libya-reporte/

Gerry Clinchy
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
The latest reports are that the govt had 48-hour notice that "something" was brewing about 9/11 protests in various ME countries, and, as a result, all embassies should have been on "red alert"; lockdown, etc. Somebody, or multiple somebodies, didn't do their job? The Egyptian embassy was vacant when it was attacked. What happened in Libya?

Gerry Clinchy
09-13-2012, 09:47 PM
In Iraq, several hundred Shiite hardliners protested Thursday in Baghdad's Shiite stronghold of Sadr City, and the leader of an Iranian-backed Shiite militia, Asaib Ahl al-Haq, threatened anti-U.S. attacks. And in Iran, about 50 protesters shouted, "Death to America" outside the Swiss Embassy, which looks after U.S. interests there. Riot police kept the crowd at bay.

The U.S. State Department said via Twitter (http://twitter.com/TravelGov)http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/external-link.png that Kuwait, Jordan, and Oman would be on alert for possible protests:
Travel - State Dept @TravelGov

#Travel #Kuwait possible protests in front of the US embassy Kuwait over the next few days, incluidng this evening at approximately 8 pm.

#Travel #Jordan possible demonstrations near the embassy this evening & tomorrow. #AmCits should exercise caution & enroll in STEP for info.

#Travel #Oman demonstrations have begun in front of US Embassy Musct. #AmCits should exercise caution & enroll in STEP for more info.

Was it Emanuel who coined the phrase about not letting a good crisis go to waste?

And the mainstream press seems to be more upset about Romney speaking up on Egypt and Libya than what is actually happening in the ME.

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
I have a picture of Mr Stevens being dragged throught the streets I wont post it because its just to terrible to look at I dont know whats the right action to take is but I would like the Pres to have the courage to stand up and tell them we will not take this anymore and at least cut off their aid money, they have to know there are consequences to their actions He campaigns everyday in another city and does not take this seriously .
This is why we need a Leader not a community organizer

Gerry Clinchy
09-14-2012, 10:00 AM
protesters reportedly break into German Embassy in Sudan and move toward US Embassy compound, and mob burns KFC and Arby's restaurants in Tripoli, Lebanon in protest of Pope Benedict's visit.

Yup, our diplomacy certainly helped calm things down. What did the Germans have to do with the film? Guess they must have ticked somebody off, too?

huntinman
09-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Yup, our diplomacy certainly helped calm things down. What did the Germans have to do with the film? Guess they must have ticked somebody off, too?

These savages only understand and respond to one thing... direct, overwhelming force. We should already be raining hell down upon them.

BonMallari
09-14-2012, 10:45 AM
lets hope the State dept had the good sense to pull ALL the ambassadors out immediately

but the media is giving the idiots exactly what they want..world wide non stop publicity 24/7...How many times do I need to see the animals/savages burning the American flag and tearing down fences and barriers

The problems are here at home people

Gerry Clinchy
09-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Press Secty, Jay Carney says

This is a fairly volatile situation, and it is in response not to U.S. policy, not to, obviously, the administration, not to the American people. It is in response to a video – a film – that we have judged to be reprehensive and disgusting. That in no way justifies any violent reaction to it. But this is not a case of protests directed at the United States, writ large, or at U.S. policy. This is in response to a video that is offensive and – to Muslims.
Like we're really dumb enough to believe that? The people who have killed and destroyed obviously believe that the video = U.S. ... period.

If this guy is willing to go on record saying stuff like this, he is either incredibly dumb or incredibly lacking in character.

charly_t
09-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Press Secty, Jay Carney says

Like we're really dumb enough to believe that? The people who have killed and destroyed obviously believe that the video = U.S. ... period.

If this guy is willing to go on record saying stuff like this, he is either incredibly dumb or incredibly lacking in character.

Bingo ! I vote for stupid and crazy as his reasons to say this stuff. A relative who I have never heard use a swear word even something mild like "darn" recently said to us "bat shit crazy" when talking about a certain person. People are fed up with all the spins put on stuff now. I hope that the long silent and long suffering Americans rise to the occasion during this election.

Gerry Clinchy
09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Not verified, but mentioned was that some Pittsburgh reporter on the scene in Cairo spoke to one of the protestors, and they had no clue about the video that supposedly is the cause of this :-) Guess he hadn't told Jay that.

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 08:43 PM
As usual Obama cant accept this responsibility, he cant blame it on Bush, so lets blame the video. Wonder what he will say when its proven that this was planned we knew 48 hrs in advance and didn't do anything. Any moron knows to increase security on 9/11 this administration really dropped the ball.
Maybe he better think twice about the deep cuts that are about to happen to the military maybe we do need the troops after all.

charly_t
09-14-2012, 09:25 PM
As usual Obama cant accept this responsibility, he cant blame it on Bush, so lets blame the video. Wonder what he will say when its proven that this was planned we knew 48 hrs in advance and didn't do anything. Any moron knows to increase security on 9/11 this administration really dropped the ball.
Maybe he better think twice about the deep cuts that are about to happen to the military maybe we do need the troops after all.

I don't think he cares about any Americans. Sad to say but his actions speak very loudly. Cutting spending for any of our fighting forces will never bother him unless it causes a loss of votes for him. If as some are saying that he did know in advance of these planned attacks and did nothing we know where he stands.

Gerry Clinchy
09-14-2012, 09:42 PM
An elite Marine unit is being sent to secure the American embassy in Sudan. I sure hope they are giving them live ammunition this time.

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 09:44 PM
I dont believe the video had anything to do with the attack on 9/11 but I think after they showed excerpts on TV and they found out about it, it has made the situation worse. Even at my local Marine base security is always tighter around 9/11 . There really is no excuse.

M&K's Retrievers
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
An elite Marine unit is being sent to secure the American embassy in Sudan. I sure hope they are giving them live ammunition this time.

Ya' think their gonna let them have some bullets or they gonna be like Barney Fife?

caryalsobrook
09-15-2012, 06:23 AM
I listened to Alan Colmes yesterday and he said "don't blame Obama. Its not his fault." No wonder the dems never mention Harry Truman anymore. He was the President that said "the buck stops here." No more such nonsense as that!;)

gmhr1
09-15-2012, 08:10 AM
The obama admin also said at first there was never a request to meet with Netanyahu, than after being caught in their lie they said oh we cant meet because of scheduling conflicts well which is it how can you have a scheduling conflict if there never was a request for a meeting? I think Obama wont meet with him because Netanyahu and Romney are friends so bo's mad. There are new reports confirming that this wasa planned attack, that we knew 48 hrs in advance and nothing was done, which is in conflict with what the WH is saying

Gerry Clinchy
09-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Joe Scarborough (Republican) defended the official statements, saying they were not "sympathizing", but just expression of religious tolerance, which is our American value. Does seem that there is more religious tolerance for some relgiions than others. Seems we are more tolerant of a religion that threatens violence than those who don't. Is that the definition of extortion?

I'm not in favor of beating war drums over this ... just close all those embassies and tell Americans to leave those countries because they are not safe. If the embassy is not safe, how can any individuals be safe there?

Might as well cut off the foreign aid, since it has not proven to be enough "tribute" to keep the embassies safe from violence.

ARay11
09-15-2012, 09:34 AM
President Obama's arrogance was on display this week, for all the world to see. He was flabbergasted to discover that Muslims have not been won over by endless apologies and bowing a scraping before Islamic royalty....stunned that Libyans were not grovelingly grateful that we had “liberated” their country from Muammar Gaddafi.
“We came, we saw, he died,” gloated Sec of State Clinton.
Obama, too, has made a spectacle of himself, repeatedly, publicly bragging that he killed Osama bin Laden. He bragged, too that He, and only He, was in charge of the government’s “kill list,” containing the names of Islamist terrorists that are targeted for death.
It seems never to have occurred to this egotistical moron that such statements in public, by high government officials, just might “offend” a few million zealous Muslims, all over the world? Did it not occur to him that half the people in Libya were loyal supporters of Gaddafi, and just might, somewhere down the road, retaliate? Apparently not.
Nor did it occur to these criminally negligent overseers of the safety of not just Americans at home, but of our citizens serving in our embassies and consulates abroad, that after all this provocation, the anniversary of 9/11 just might be an appropriate time for heightened security that included at least giving our security personnel ammunition for their weapons. The Fraud in the White House has been far too busy playing golf and doing fundraisers with “celebrities” for His collapsing campaign to attend even half of the daily intelligence briefings.
So, combined with His cock-sure belief He knows more than anyone else about everything, it comes as no surprise that He was caught flat-footed.
The upshot is that the Obama Administration’s Middle East Policy – calling pandering and floundering, and selling out our allies a policy, is, I admit, a stretch – the upshot is that it has failed utterly and completely. It‘s a smoking ruin of consulates and embassies in a dozen Muslim counties, many of which had “Arab Spring” uprisings, supported by Obama and a whole lot of other Democrats who are now tellingly silent, with participants that have now turned their violent attentions toward us. All that remains to create a perfect maelstrom is for Iran, in alliance with Obama’s pals in the Muslim Brotherhood, to launch a nuke at Jerusalem, the capital of Israel that the Democrat Conventioneers refused to recognize, setting off what could easily turn into World War III.

gmhr1
09-15-2012, 09:58 AM
If I wanted to vote for the person that killed Bin Laden I would vote for a Navy Seal

Gerry Clinchy
09-15-2012, 11:14 AM
A statement from Rand Paul:

The system of foreign aid is broken.

You know it, I know it, and 80-90% of the American people know it.

As you are aware, we send billions of dollars each year to Pakistan, Egypt, and Libya.
Meanwhile, Pakistan continues to detain and torture Dr. Afridi, the man who helped us kill Osama bin Laden.
And now Egypt and Libya refuse to protect our embassies from radical jihadists, which resulted in the death of four Americans including Christopher Stevens, U.S. Ambassador to Libya.

They show us contempt as they cash our checks.

I will not stand by and watch as billions of our taxpayer dollars go to countries that disrespect us.
That's why I've introduced a bill to cut ALL foreign aid to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan.

And I'm prepared to tie up the US Senate with every procedural trick in the book until there is an up-or-down vote -- even if it means SHUTTING DOWN the Federal Government!

Might not be exactly what the current administration might want in the headlines with not many weeks preceding the election.

huntinman
09-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Might not be exactly what the current administration might want in the headlines with not many weeks preceding the election.

I'm with Rand Paul on this one...

mngundog
09-15-2012, 01:25 PM

I hope 100% of the republican party back him, we'll see which side they are on, I'm not holding my breath.

gmhr1
09-15-2012, 01:32 PM
If its the vote they took yesterday it already was defeated.

gmhr1
09-17-2012, 05:09 PM
This video is on you tube the WH asked them to review it , they did and decided not to remove it Good for them

Gerry Clinchy
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Rand Paul's bill in the Senate proposes removing all foreign aid to Egypt, Libya, and Pakistan, $4 billion, and putting those funds toward deficit reduction.

Reason there was nobody at the Egyptian embassy: Egyptian govt had advance warning of the planned demonstration, and alerted the embassy ... but did nothing to prevent damage or protect the property or personnel at the embassy. At least the US staff was smart enough to leave before the fireworks started.

Rand made this statement:

The old tongue-in-check saying describes American foreign aid as a system that steals from the poor in rich countries to give to the rich in poor countries.
Sort of sounds like the UN, too.

gmhr1
09-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Egypt issues arrest warrants for the anti islam film maker, US pastor, and 6 others they want them tried under sharia law

Gerry Clinchy
09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Well, yesterday the WH said that the Libyan violence was a terrorist act after all ... while Obama was still saying, on Letterman that night, that it was all about the video. Lack of communication there? Betcha there were more people listening to Letterman than to Carney.

However, Carney is still not saying it was pre-planned ... duh? was my general impression that a terrorist act required some pre-planning by its very nature.

I can't remember, correct me if I'm wrong, when a sitting President ever did a late-night talk show gig.

BonMallari
09-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Well, yesterday the WH said that the Libyan violence was a terrorist act after all ... while Obama was still saying, on Letterman that night, that it was all about the video. Lack of communication there? Betcha there were more people listening to Letterman than to Carney.

However, Carney is still not saying it was pre-planned ... duh? was my general impression that a terrorist act required some pre-planning by its very nature.

I can't remember, correct me if I'm wrong, when a sitting President ever did a late-night talk show gig.

didnt Bill Clinton play saxophone on the Arsenio Hall show....

gmhr1
09-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Somebody better tell bo what they found out about the 9/11 planned attack he shouldnt be the last to know. Will this Pres ever be held accountable for anything? They spent all week telling us it was caused by this film, which we all knew was one big lie. Do you feel safe knowing we were hit again on 9/11 and our President didnt even have the guts to be honest with us because it would make him look bad.

ARay11
09-20-2012, 10:06 AM
The media will allow this to die. If it were a Republican in office, they would be alll over it for weeks on end and it would destroy the incumbent's ability to be re elected.

Our President put our Embassy and everyone in it in harms way...by his works and his words.

One thing I will credit both Bill Clinton and GBush :

They knew they could marginalize BinLaden and others like him. And that was better than killing them.

BHO is a complete fool. He ordered a dying man to be killed, removed the controlling powers in Egypt, and went on bragging about it.

Now he wonders why they chant "Death to America"

genius.

gmhr1
09-20-2012, 10:25 AM
How safe do you feel knowing we had another terror attack, 4 Americans killed and he lied to us. I guess if more had been killed maybe he would have said something. Hes so afraid of losing this election that he will stand up and LIE to us. They are burning his figure in the streets, chanting death to Obama and he cannot admit that his policies are not working, that after all we have done, all the money we have given they hate us and will kill us any chance they get. WE could have been hit again and we were unprepared because we were told its nothing just some people upset over a movie. WRONG!

Gerry Clinchy
09-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I understand that France is withdrawing its personnel from embassies 20 ME countries as a result of threats over a "blasphemous" cartoon published in France.

ARay11
09-20-2012, 10:32 AM
France is about to expose the fact that cartoons, videos, etc produced in other countries do not incite violence.

Presidents mocking and bragging about killing one of their leaders does.

Gerry Clinchy
09-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Interesting point made in the Rand Paul clip ... in Egypt the E'n govt gave 2 or 3 days' warning that the demonstrations would be taking place. However, their govt did nothing to defend the embassy, like sending govt troops to control the mob.

If something like that were to happen in this country, our govt would do all in its power to protect the foreign embassy of another country. This is what responsible sovereign nations do.

Morsi was willing to sound the alarm, essentially, "Get the heck out of there!" but was not willing to offend his political base by protecting the embassy property. In a way you have to give him credit for his fancy footwork on that, politically speaking.

The fella in Libya was not nearly as spry in his maneuvers ... or he didn't want to be? Evidently, the embassy in Benghezi is welll known not to be as secure as the main embassy in Tripoli. Why would Stevens have been going to Benghezi if there was any warning of what might happen there? Where was the intelligence? Then he was actually separated from his official security detail, and the ex-SEALS, who were not assigned to actually protecting Stevens, picked up the slack when they saw the situation developing. They were assigned to some form of security duties, but not specifically to personal protection for Stevens.

I haven't heard what finally transpired in Sudan, after the Sudanese govt refused to let the the US send in some Marines to evacuate the embassy there.

Gerry Clinchy
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Seems that the Romney campaign is being pretty silent today on the "evolution" of the position of the WH on what actually happened in Libya. And the "evolution" has been an about-face on the original statements.

Honestly, this seems like such a bunch of lying that went on for about a week, in an attempt to cover up what appears to be a real botch job ... and then the truth came out. Gist seems to be that nobody in DC who knows anything about foreign affairs ever believed the "story" that was put out there by the WH. Valerie Jarrett must have cooked that foolishness up.

How long can Carney continue to do this Press Secty thing before he ends up in a padded room? Who would ever be willing to take his job if he decided to leave?

gmhr1
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Carney admits it was a terrorist attack and the President today in an interview with Univision blames the video. He is clueless

Gerry Clinchy
09-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Carney admits it was a terrorist attack and the President today in an interview with Univision blames the video. He is clueless
I keep getting the impression that the man is unravelling. They're trying to run the campaign like it's still 2008, like there's no track record of what's happened since then.

I can't imagine that this increase in violence in the ME is doing O's campaign any good.

Gerry Clinchy
09-22-2012, 03:36 PM
The latest from Libya is that thousands of citizens are revolting against the militias ... in support of military and police to bring order. In one report 30,000 protestors were mentioned. The protestors were also protesting the attack on the American embassy. Appears that the fellas responsible for that attack are not much nicer to other Libyans. One of the militia strongholds was abandoned & no injuries reported. In another instance, the militia defenders fired on the crowd, and 20 reported wounded, and possibly 3 killed.

So, how do you figure out who are the bad guys and who are the good guys in Libya?

Gerry Clinchy
09-23-2012, 08:39 AM
From the NY Times:
From Egyptian President Morsi:

On the eve of his first trip to the United States as Egypt's president, Mohamed Morsi said the United States must fundamentally change its approach to the Arab world.

I thought BHO already did that?

featherqwest
09-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Folks how is the bird season in South Dakota and Wyoming right now? North Dakota. Borderline Personality Disorder. I used to work with people who saluted electronics. They had too many kids. Now the guy from Maine he had some common sense (CS). You know the computer men who used work on the PDP-11.

featherqwest
09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Folks how is the bird season in South Dakota and Wyoming right now? North Dakota. Borderline Personality Disorder. I used to work with people who saluted electronics. They had too many kids. Now the guy from Maine he had some common sense (CS). You know the computer men who used work on the PDP-11.

Hints. Physics. Lots of Math. Calculus ring a bell with any of you. Equations on Electronics and the Stock Market.