PDA

View Full Version : University of Texas/Austin threats

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 11:17 AM
The University of Texas at Austin has been evacuated. Someone with a middle eastern accent called with bomb threats says he has ties to Al Qaeda

Jswann
09-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I heard that too... Did they say it was tied to Al Qaeda??? What is wrong with this world.

gmhr1
09-14-2012, 12:13 PM
ALSO North Dakota University in Fargo evacuated after a bomb threat Here we go!

BonMallari
09-14-2012, 02:13 PM
How many students of ME descent attend North Dakota....some poor Foreign Exchange student now has a bullseye on his/her back in Fargo.....meanwhile in Austin you might be talking 10K students minimum....and that's just the engineering dept alone...

Gunners Up
09-14-2012, 02:29 PM
More than likely it is time for the first round of exams and someone wasn't ready for the test!

BonMallari
09-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I think it was one of the Football teams grad asst wanting to make the charter to go to Starkvile Miss.. (Ole Miss)

HPL
09-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Ridiculous to threaten the 'sips (t.u. students). That's the Berkley of the south.

Franco
09-15-2012, 07:39 AM
I think it was one of the Football teams grad asst wanting to make the charter to go to Starkvile Miss.. (Ole Miss)

Ole Miss is on Archie Manning Blvd in Oxford. Miss St is in Starkville.

BonMallari
09-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Ole Miss is on Archie Manning Blvd in Oxford. Miss St is in Starkville.

never been to Mississippi...thanks for pointing that out...still trying to figure out what Hotty Toddy is all about

BonMallari
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Looks like its LSU's turn to be on lockdown today.....makes me think that one of these days it wont be a threat but the real deal

duckheads
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Valparaiso University had a threat last week in the form of graffiti. They are not releasing the specifics but the investigation continues. They say they have no reason the believe it is connected to the evacuations at U of Texas and N Dakota State. Seems to be a quite a few students from the ME enrolled at VU.

HPL
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Looks like its LSU's turn to be on lockdown today.....makes me think that one of these days it wont be a threat but the real deal

Well then, let's hope for UC Berkley ;-)

Gerry Clinchy
09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Blackstone, I think these bomb threateners are at least equal on the slime scale as the the video maker.

I heard it was 30,000 people evacuated at LSU, and they won't finish the sweep of all 250 buildings until tomorrow. Eventually one of the threats will be real ... or they'll just plant the bomb and not make the phone call.

Blackstone
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Blackstone, I think these bomb threateners are at least equal on the slime scale as the the video maker.

I heard it was 30,000 people evacuated at LSU, and they won't finish the sweep of all 250 buildings until tomorrow. Eventually one of the threats will be real ... or they'll just plant the bomb and not make the phone call.

I agree. Fortunately, no riots and no one killed like in the middle east. I understand they arrested a student in connection with the bomb threat University of Texas at Brownsville. Something tells me he won’t be graduating any time soon.

BonMallari
09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree. Fortunately, no riots and no one killed like in the middle east. I understand they arrested a student in connection with the bomb threat University of Texas at Brownsville. Something tells me he won’t be graduating any time soon.

that was a different incident and not related to the original threat except for that it happened in Texas

Blackstone
09-18-2012, 12:24 PM
that was a different incident and not related to the original threat except for that it happened in Texas

I guess that just goes to show that there is no shortage of nut cases!

Jay Dufour
09-22-2012, 07:31 AM
ten thousand cuts......Ragheads COULD call in 30 bomb threats a day to colleges,hospitals,plants,gov.,industry , ect and disrupt us so much the cost would be crazy.Look what we have spent on security since 9/11.Just sayin....