PDA

View Full Version : Major Voting Block

menmon
09-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Not that long ago, women were discriminated against in pay and overlooked for positions they were the most qualified. No so much that way anymore, but as long as the republicans poo poo or look at women the way they currently do, they will lose votes they would have gotten. When this election is over...look at how much of the women vote went to Obama and then you can say if he had got 5% more of the women Romney would have won.

ARay11
09-15-2012, 09:38 AM
President Obama's arrogance was on display this week, for all the world to see. He was flabbergasted to discover that Muslims have not been won over by endless apologies and bowing a scraping before Islamic royalty....stunned that Libyans were not grovelingly grateful that we had “liberated” their country from Muammar Gaddafi.
“We came, we saw, he died,” gloated Sec of State Clinton.
Obama, too, has made a spectacle of himself, repeatedly, publicly bragging that he killed Osama bin Laden. He bragged, too that He, and only He, was in charge of the government’s “kill list,” containing the names of Islamist terrorists that are targeted for death.
It seems never to have occurred to this egotistical moron that such statements in public, by high government officials, just might “offend” a few million zealous Muslims, all over the world? Did it not occur to him that half the people in Libya were loyal supporters of Gaddafi, and just might, somewhere down the road, retaliate? Apparently not.
Nor did it occur to these criminally negligent overseers of the safety of not just Americans at home, but of our citizens serving in our embassies and consulates abroad, that after all this provocation, the anniversary of 9/11 just might be an appropriate time for heightened security that included at least giving our security personnel ammunition for their weapons. The Fraud in the White House has been far too busy playing golf and doing fundraisers with “celebrities” for His collapsing campaign to attend even half of the daily intelligence briefings.
So, combined with His cock-sure belief He knows more than anyone else about everything, it comes as no surprise that He was caught flat-footed.
The upshot is that the Obama Administration’s Middle East Policy – calling pandering and floundering, and selling out our allies a policy, is, I admit, a stretch – the upshot is that it has failed utterly and completely. It‘s a smoking ruin of consulates and embassies in a dozen Muslim counties, many of which had “Arab Spring” uprisings, supported by Obama and a whole lot of other Democrats who are now tellingly silent, with participants that have now turned their violent attentions toward us. All that remains to create a perfect maelstrom is for Iran, in alliance with Obama’s pals in the Muslim Brotherhood, to launch a nuke at Jerusalem, the capital of Israel that the Democrat Conventioneers refused to recognize, setting off what could easily turn into World War III.

EVERY WOMAN IN AMERICA CAN UNDERSTAND THIS. AND, TO THE SMART ONES, ALL THE CRAP YOU JUST SPEWED WON'T MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE.

OBAMA SHOULD RESIGN.

Uncle Bill
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
AMEN, ARay...great post.

UB

Novemberwitch
09-15-2012, 04:40 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z311/Novemberwitch/Monica.jpg

BonMallari
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
the Dem's look at women like they are a lock to vote based on their gender.....Women vote based on their smarts and common sense, to suggest otherwise is just plain foolish...They have the same concerns because many are single parents, business owners,and have just as prestigious positions as their male counterparts..the days of the stay at home soap opera watching moms are few and far between...The two most formidable opponents are women who can think for themselves, and women that own a gun and know how to use it...Give lots of respect and a WIDE berth to both, if you know what's good for you...

1tulip
09-15-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm a woman and a Navy veteran. I've raised 2 successful, accomplished daughters. I've gotten advanced degrees. I teach nursing to mostly women. And over 41 years I've achieved every one of my career goals. In that long career, the most vicious, ugly opposition I've come up against has been from women. Every male professor or executive I've encountered has been fair and largely wanted me to succeed.

Here's the problem with individuals and organizations that offer pixie dust and miracles and tell us that we can't make it without them because the world hates us and the cards are stacked against us and because they love us, they'll make sure we get some Cosmic Fairness that is impossible otherwise. And... after we surrender our autonomy and give ourselves to them... they will always "respect us in the morning."

The Democrats are not about women. They're about reproductive social policy. I require soooo much more out of life than free abortion and contraception. Progressives haven't had an original thought about women since Margaret Sanger died.

menmon
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm just stating fact...the fact none of you want to accept it is ok. Just wait and see who the majority of women support come the election. Again I reiterate, you can't lose a major voting block and win a national election.

john fallon
09-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Here is a voting bloc that is largely ignored... The heterosexual white christian male.

john

starjack
09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm a woman and a Navy veteran. I've raised 2 successful, accomplished daughters. I've gotten advanced degrees. I teach nursing to mostly women. And over 41 years I've achieved every one of my career goals. In that long career, the most vicious, ugly opposition I've come up against has been from women. Every male professor or executive I've encountered has been fair and largely wanted me to succeed.

Here's the problem with individuals and organizations that offer pixie dust and miracles and tell us that we can't make it without them because the world hates us and the cards are stacked against us and because they love us, they'll make sure we get some Cosmic Fairness that is impossible otherwise. And... after we surrender our autonomy and give ourselves to them... they will always "respect us in the morning."

The Democrats are not about women. They're about reproductive social policy. I require soooo much more out of life than free abortion and contraception. Progressives haven't had an original thought about women since Margaret Sanger died.Right on ...............

starjack
09-16-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm just stating fact...the fact none of you want to accept it is ok. Just wait and see who the majority of women support come the election. Again I reiterate, you can't lose a major voting block and win a national election.Dont get do you

BonMallari
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm just stating fact...the fact none of you want to accept it is ok. Just wait and see who the majority of women support come the election. Again I reiterate, you can't lose a major voting block and win a national election.

You assume that women are THE largest voting block...WRONG

the election will come down to which side can generate the most turnout among their registered voters ...the women and minority vote might be a lopsided statistic because they MAY be the largest voting blocks in Calif and NY...but they arent the largest voting blocks in the crucial swing states

Gerry Clinchy
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Even if women are one of the largest voting block, like any other block, they will not all vote the same!

And if they are coming to the conclusion that women overwhelmingly support Obama, one would also have to look at the sampling of the poll.

luvmylabs23139
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM

Must be the ones with a ton of kids. Those leaching off of the taxpayers.

huntinman
09-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Here is a voting bloc that is largely ignored... The heterosexual white christian male.

john

That's right and they (we) will be out in huge numbers this time...

PamK
09-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Must be the ones with a ton of kids. Those leaching off of the taxpayers.

I have seen a lot of Mormans with a ton of kids. Are those the leaches you are refereing to?

gmhr1
09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
I just heard Obama talking in Ohio he says when he ran for Pres 4 yrs ago it was because people were losing their jobs, losing their homes, grocery and gas costs were skyrocketing. People were taking home less money What happened? We just filled up our car in Ca yesterday 5 bucks a gallon, grocery cost $40 more than two weeks ago, my house is 50 K underwater and 23 million people are without jobs we just had our credit rating as a county lowered again last week,The feds are printing 40 Biillion a month more money, (they dont think Obamas plan is working do they) the average income has dropped almost 5 K , and this guy has the nerve to ask for 4 more years. Dont worry about women we will vote!

huntinman
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes... if Obama gets re-elected he's gonna inherit one hell of a mess.

roseberry
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM

so sad to say it but he is right on this one. there are ladies who are knowledgable and learned who post here. then there is the rest of the world. why do a majority of u.s. women support without question the party of the most notorious sexual harrassers in history. to name a few, ted, john f and robert kenedy, john edwards, bill clinton(and most are still goo-goo-eyed as he speaks at their convention).

here is my theory and you nice ladies are gonna hate me for it: i never understood it but as a young teen when i liked a girl and took her out i followed up with calls, flowers, respect and admiration.........yep you guessed it, i always got dumped. then one night i had a date with the hottest cheerleader in the county. after dropping her off from our date i stopped by the tasty freeze and was accidentally seen along side another young female. the next day the cheerleader called me.(young ladies didn't phone young men in those days) i could never figure it out but my "bad boy" days started right then. counter intuitive for sure but the dems know it in spades, "as a general rule, women: the worse you treat them the better they seem to like you."

a majority of u.s. women will vote for obama this fall, inexplicably and tragically!

gmhr1
09-17-2012, 04:39 PM
sad to say there are lot of Sandra Flukes out there

luvmylabs23139
09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I have seen a lot of Mormans with a ton of kids. Are those the leaches you are refereing to?

NO the welfare baby momas who have no clue who daddy is or mutiple baby daddies.
YOu know, WIC, food stamps, section 8, medicaid etc.
YOu breed it then you feed it end of story.

charly_t
09-17-2012, 08:45 PM
so sad to say it but he is right on this one. there are ladies who are knowledgable and learned who post here. then there is the rest of the world. why do a majority of u.s. women support without question the party of the most notorious sexual harrassers in history. to name a few, ted, john f and robert kenedy, john edwards, bill clinton(and most are still goo-goo-eyed as he speaks at their convention).

here is my theory and you nice ladies are gonna hate me for it: i never understood it but as a young teen when i liked a girl and took her out i followed up with calls, flowers, respect and admiration.........yep you guessed it, i always got dumped. then one night i had a date with the hottest cheerleader in the county. after dropping her off from our date i stopped by the tasty freeze and was accidentally seen along side another young female. the next day the cheerleader called me.(young ladies didn't phone young men in those days) i could never figure it out but my "bad boy" days started right then. counter intuitive for sure but the dems know it in spades, "as a general rule, women: the worse you treat them the better they seem to like you."

a majority of u.s. women will vote for obama this fall, inexplicably and tragically!

I am very afraid that you are correct. I have seen some of it.

charly_t
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Yes... if Obama gets re-elected he's gonna inherit one hell of a mess.

I sure agree with that. Makes you wonder if he is very bright doesn't it, vbeg.

gmhr1
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/17/pew-gap-narrowing-in-party-support-among-jewish-voters/

Blackstone
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM

I have to disagree with on the Democrats you called “sexual harrassers.” There was never any indication they forced themselves on the women they had affairs with. As far as I can determine, all these women were willing participants. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they had a choice.

road kill
09-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I have to disagree with on the Democrats you called “sexual harrassers.” There was never any indication they forced themselves on the women they had affairs with. As far as I can determine, all these women were willing participants. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they had a choice.
If you were correct on this (and your not, at least with regard to Clinton), how does that account for the lack of respect for women??

Kennedy was married.
Edward's wife was dying of cancer.
I beleive Teddy was married when he left Mary Jo to die and got busted half naked at his spring break escapade!

But hey, it's all good right?

Blackstone
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
If you were correct on this (and your not, at least with regard to Clinton), how does that account for the lack of respect for women??

Kennedy was married.
Edward's wife was dying of cancer.
I beleive Teddy was married when he left Mary Jo to die and got busted half naked at his spring break escapade!

But hey, it's all good right?

So, you're saying Clinton forced himself on those women? Please provide the proof.

You may view what they did as a lack of respect for women, but that is not necessarily true. They may disrespect women, but it is more likely they were just concerned with what they wanted without regard for anyone else. Still, the women they had the affairs with were just as culpable as the men they were with.

Surely you aren’t suggesting Republicans don’t have affairs, and therefore respect women more. There is a long list of prominent Republicans that have been found to have had extra-marital affairs (a couple of whom took part in the most recent Republican Primary).

road kill
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
So, you're saying Clinton forced himself on those women? Please provide the proof.

You may view what they did as a lack of respect for women, but that is not necessarily true. They may disrespect women, but it is more likely they were just concerned with what they wanted without regard for anyone else. Still, the women they had the affairs with were just as culpable as the men they were with.

Surely you aren’t suggesting Republicans don’t have affairs, and therefore respect women more. There is a long list of prominent Republicans that have been found to have had extra-marital affairs (a couple of whom took part in the most recent Republican Primary).
I am going by what those women said at the time.
And the insults cast on thier character by the Clinton family.

I didn't say Republicans are any better.
I can tell you that when my wife battled cancer fo 11 months I was with her, to the end.
That's the way we roll here!
Anything less is unacceptable.
What Edwards did was a sin to all women.
And an insult to any real men.

And the Kennedy's??

But the secular progressive party (formerly Democrats) claim they are the saviors of women.
With out the secular progressive party, women can't make it!!!
How condescending..........

My philosophy is, anyone can make it if they TRY!!!

JimmyD
09-18-2012, 03:32 PM
We need to WAKE UP.

Men, Women young and old, take our country back. We have fewer freedoms and liberties every passing day with this current "leadership"(administration) If it continues what will be left of our eroding liberties?

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

"Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"

Thomas Jefferson

Franco
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
We need to WAKE UP.

Men, Women young and old, take our country back. We have fewer freedoms and liberties every passing day with this current "leadership"(administration) If it continues what will be left of our eroding liberties?

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

"Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"

Thomas Jefferson

This agruement will fall on deaf ears here on POTUS, most here are fearful of Liberty and thier post demonstrates that fact. Besides, the Repubs are just as responsible as the Dems in gradually eroding our Liberties. With a 16 TRILLION deficit and growing, the government no longer works for us but us, for the government! Blame Bush and all the Repubs who constantly voted to raise the Debt Ceiling for 8years and the Dems who supported it. Blame Bush as much as Obama!

roseberry
09-18-2012, 03:50 PM
There was never any indication they forced themselves on the women they had affairs with.

i never said they were rapists. harrassment is one person using a position of power or prominence over another person to compel their "choices".

all i was saying is, when i see women as a group line up to vote democrat or support and cheer a man like clinton, all i see figuratively in the crowd is long sleeves, heavy make up and a pairs of sunglasses.

gmhr1
09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
its called Sexual Haassment happens everyday and no one knows if Clinton is guilty of it or not except he and Monica. There is no proof that she was a willing participant.

Down East Labs 217
09-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Blame Bush as much as Obama!

GW is still getting blamed. That is amazing. Four years later and people still can't see GW for the man that this country needed at the time. A man with a pair and not afraid to use them. You may disagree with certain parts of his presidency but he did what he was suppose to do. Take the fight to the enemy not let the enemy bring the fight to us.

My opinion

Richard

gmhr1
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Obamas excuse 4 years from now will be BUSH! Look how he is skirting the Embassy 9/11 attack. Sorry bo that ones all yours

Franco
09-18-2012, 05:22 PM
GW is still getting blamed. That is amazing. Four years later and people still can't see GW for the man that this country needed at the time. A man with a pair and not afraid to use them. You may disagree with certain parts of his presidency but he did what he was suppose to do. Take the fight to the enemy not let the enemy bring the fight to us.

My opinion

Richard

Bush43 dug this country into a mighty big hole financially and no person on this earth could have cleaned up his mess in 3.5 years. With that said, I think Obama has made it worse.

Blackstone
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
its called Sexual Haassment happens everyday and no one knows if Clinton is guilty of it or not except he and Monica. There is no proof that she was a willing participant.

That's an odd way of putting it. There is no proof Monica wasn't a willing participant. To the best of my recollection, she never indicated otherwise. I would think if she had accused him of that, it would have been all over the news.

Marvin S
09-18-2012, 05:32 PM
That's an odd way of putting it. There is no proof Monica wasn't a willing participant. To the best of my recollection, she never indicated otherwise. I would think if she had accused him of that, it would have been all over the news.

My memory must be failing me - but - I seem to remember about 3 others that made the accusations (other than Monica) about the harassment they received - & there was little reaction except to poopoo the charges by the MSM & the Clinton spin machine :o

BonMallari
09-18-2012, 05:33 PM

did we forget Paula Jones..Gennifer Flowers...

gmhr1
09-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe thats why she saved the dress. I dont think she would have wanted a fight like that after all Bill made it very clear he never had sexual relations with that woman. Sexual harassment is very much real, alive and well. Clinton was the President of the US most woman dont want to even take on their boss. Woman dont even want to go to court in a rape case and be dragged thru the mud imagine what he would have done to her? So I can see her not going after Clinton only she and Bill know what really happened.

Down East Labs 217
09-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Bush43 dug this country into a mighty big hole financially and no person on this earth could have cleaned up his mess in 3.5 years. With that said, I think Obama has made it worse.

So you think every thing that happened is completely GW's fault. The dot com collapse, housing bubble busting, the stock market crashing, and the banks collapsing? All this was in the making during Clintons rain of power. Clinton started the ball rolling and Barney Franks kept the ball rolling regardless of how much GW warned them.

GW was against letting people who could not afford loans, get loans for houses. This single thing started the ball rolling. The house market crashed caused the banks to panic, the banks caught with toxic loans caused the stock market to tumble. Once the stock markets tumbled the economy went sour. Yet GW had a pair and excepted the blame because he was driving the bus.

Unlike our current POTUS who blames everyone and never says I was driving the bus it is my responsibility.

That is the simplest way to say it.

My opinion

Richard

charly_t
09-18-2012, 06:48 PM
i never said they were rapists. harrassment is one person using a position of power or prominence over another person to compel their "choices". .................................................. .........................

Strange how some men use these tactics and never know ( or maybe it's never admit ) they have done anything wrong. It's a bully's tactics but most never seem to realize that either. And some women can't see it either which is sad.

Franco
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
So you think every thing that happened is completely GW's fault. The dot com collapse, housing bubble busting, the stock market crashing, and the banks collapsing? All this was in the making during Clintons rain of power. Clinton started the ball rolling and Barney Franks kept the ball rolling regardless of how much GW warned them.

GW was against letting people who could not afford loans, get loans for houses. This single thing started the ball rolling. The house market crashed caused the banks to panic, the banks caught with toxic loans caused the stock market to tumble. Once the stock markets tumbled the economy went sour. Yet GW had a pair and excepted the blame because he was driving the bus.

Unlike our current POTUS who blames everyone and never says I was driving the bus it is my responsibility.

That is the simplest way to say it.

My opinion

Richard

What did GW have a pair of? Peanuts for brains maybe. First, he didn't take firm control of the housing issue in 02 which is the biggest part of the deficit. He was wishy washy on housing policy at best. He started two unneeded wars sending thousands to thier deaths and costing us at least a TRILLION plus. All the while upsetting the balance of power in the ME. Unfunded Medicare Plan B, tax cuts just to name a few. His economic policies were hands on big government that help send the economy reeling. He let Bernake and his foreign banking puppeteers put us on the hook globally with horrible trade policies that exported countless jobs. Bush was the worst kind of politician. He didn't protect us, he grew Islamic terrorism a hundred fold! All of which we are still paying for today with money we don't have.

huntinman
10-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Not that long ago, women were discriminated against in pay and overlooked for positions they were the most qualified. No so much that way anymore, but as long as the republicans poo poo or look at women the way they currently do, they will lose votes they would have gotten. When this election is over...look at how much of the women vote went to Obama and then you can say if he had got 5% more of the women Romney would have won.

Hey menmon... take a look at this... The facade has been removed.

Mitt Romney's post-debate surge appears to have all but wiped out President Obama's once double-digit lead among women voters.

A new Pew Research Center survey depicted a remarkable swing in the numbers, with Romney pulling even among women in polling late last week. In September, the same polling outfit showed Obama leading by 18 points among women.

Among all likely voters surveyed, Romney climbed from an 8-point deficit last month to a 4-point lead.

There's little question that his debate performance has played a role. A separate Gallup survey showed registered voters deemed Romney the winner by 72-20 percent, marking the biggest debate victory in Gallup's recorded history.

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
ALl the people needed to do was hear him talk Obama painted him as a monster, someone who kills women and has NEVER hugged his garbage man.

HPL
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey menmon... take a look at this... The facade has been removed.

Mitt Romney's post-debate surge appears to have all but wiped out President Obama's once double-digit lead among women voters.

A new Pew Research Center survey depicted a remarkable swing in the numbers, with Romney pulling even among women in polling late last week. In September, the same polling outfit showed Obama leading by 18 points among women.

Among all likely voters surveyed, Romney climbed from an 8-point deficit last month to a 4-point lead.

There's little question that his debate performance has played a role. A separate Gallup survey showed registered voters deemed Romney the winner by 72-20 percent, marking the biggest debate victory in Gallup's recorded history.

All this news is good, but let's not get too excited. It might lead to some complacency on the part of some potential Romney voters and re-invigor some Obama supporters which could affect relative voter turnout.

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Romney obama tied among women voters 47/47 Romney leading among voters 49/47

menmon
10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Wait and see who they vote for

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 11:05 AM
They may say Obama but when they pull that curtain they will vote Romney people are not as stupid as Obama thinks. Obama wont be better at the next debate thats him watch him on the view letterman without his teleprompter hes cant talk. Wait until Romney starts uncovering all the useless programs Obama is throwing OUR money at PBS is the tip of the iceberg.Romney is so much smarter than obama and thats what happened to Obama that night Romney spoke blew bo away!

Dustin D
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carrielukas/2012/09/03/is-a-war-on-women-the-best-that-president-obama-can-do/
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/08/30/The-Real-War-Against-Women-Waged-by-Democrats.aspx#page1
http://www.newser.com/story/153287/war-on-women-yes-but-democrats-are-waging-it.html

Losing battle for the Democrats.

gmhr1
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Joe Biden didnt help get the woman vote last night in the debate. Reminds you of the boss you had that waves his finger in your face and says Honey get me some coffee. He even talked down to the Moderator waving his finger in her face. If hes that horrible disrespectful in public imagine how he is in private. Paul Ryan was not his intern he is a respected member of Congress he is due respect.

BonMallari
10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
according to the latest Gallup poll Mitt now leads in likely women voters bloc in the swing states...looks like the prognosticators on here were just a little premature on the effect of BHO or Mitt's pro life stance....

Jim Danis
10-16-2012, 08:26 AM
What did GW have a pair of? Peanuts for brains maybe. First, he didn't take firm control of the housing issue in 02 which is the biggest part of the deficit. He was wishy washy on housing policy at best.

Franco, this isn't quite true. Bush pushed regulation of Fannie and Freddie quite vigorously. As Richard states the housing bubble began during the Clinton years. Especially in 98 and then again later part of 99. July of 99 I was part of a Clinton Housing Summit that kicked off at the Pine Ridge Souix reservation. Clinton doubled down on the CRA(Community Reinvestment Act) requirements that Carter put in place in 76. This was in 98 and then again in 99. These requirements force banks to lend to people in targeted communities. Depositories have to meet certain CRA percentages when it comes to mortgage lending and if they do not they can suffer steep consequences. In 03 and 05 I helped to prepare tesitmony and testified before Congress pushing for greater regulation of Fannie and Freddie. Bush was completely behind this regulation. However Both Barney Frank and Maxine Waters completely shot down any and all efforts to get any type of legislation through the House Financial Services Committee and sub-committee. I believe Frank's words that day were that Fannie is functioning fine and he saw no need for any increased regulation at all. By the way Frank's significant other worked for Fannie at the time. Maxine Waters was on the Housing Sub-Committee under the HFS Committee and she also worked to kill any legislation coming out of that sub-committee. So regardless of what many people may say Bush did not start the housing bubble. He also backed many attempts to reign in Fannie and Freddie but was blocked by Frank and Waters every step of the way. In the Senate Chris Dodd also blocked any attempts on that side of Congress. Not saying the Housing industry didn't have a hand in the mess, certain large players in the industry certainly did. The biggest of which was Countrywide. Ever wonder why Angelo Mozilo was never prosecuted for his hand in this mess. He had quite a few Senators and Representatives in his pocket. Dodd and Conrad in the Senate Banking Committee and Frank and Waters in the House Financial Services Committee. They all were beneficiary's of his services in one way or another.

Now lets talk about letting the Wolves into the Hen house. We have Dodd/Frank legistlation supposedly to regulate the evil bankers on Wall Street and mortgage companies who started all of this mess. Hmmm. Makes you wonder?

caryalsobrook
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Franco, this isn't quite true. Bush pushed regulation of Fannie and Freddie quite vigorously. As Richard states the housing bubble began during the Clinton years. Especially in 98 and then again later part of 99. July of 99 I was part of a Clinton Housing Summit that kicked off at the Pine Ridge Souix reservation. Clinton doubled down on the CRA(Community Reinvestment Act) requirements that Carter put in place in 76. This was in 98 and then again in 99. These requirements force banks to lend to people in targeted communities. Depositories have to meet certain CRA percentages when it comes to mortgage lending and if they do not they can suffer steep consequences. In 03 and 05 I helped to prepare tesitmony and testified before Congress pushing for greater regulation of Fannie and Freddie. Bush was completely behind this regulation. However Both Barney Frank and Maxine Waters completely shot down any and all efforts to get any type of legislation through the House Financial Services Committee and sub-committee. I believe Frank's words that day were that Fannie is functioning fine and he saw no need for any increased regulation at all. By the way Frank's significant other worked for Fannie at the time. Maxine Waters was on the Housing Sub-Committee under the HFS Committee and she also worked to kill any legislation coming out of that sub-committee. So regardless of what many people may say Bush did not start the housing bubble. He also backed many attempts to reign in Fannie and Freddie but was blocked by Frank and Waters every step of the way. In the Senate Chris Dodd also blocked any attempts on that side of Congress. Not saying the Housing industry didn't have a hand in the mess, certain large players in the industry certainly did. The biggest of which was Countrywide. Ever wonder why Angelo Mozilo was never prosecuted for his hand in this mess. He had quite a few Senators and Representatives in his pocket. Dodd and Conrad in the Senate Banking Committee and Frank and Waters in the House Financial Services Committee. They all were beneficiary's of his services in one way or another.

Now lets talk about letting the Wolves into the Hen house. We have Dodd/Frank legistlation supposedly to regulate the evil bankers on Wall Street and mortgage companies who started all of this mess. Hmmm. Makes you wonder?

Thanks for the post. I haven't seen anybody yet argue with your facts. I might add that the CRA does nothing but FORCE banks to make loans of much greater risk without the opportunity of greater rewards. The current Administration's granting loan guarantees for certain loans is a prime exmple for sure. Furthermore the CRA diverts money from less risky loans to those of higher risk, not a very good business practice and I suspect creates a perfect atmosphere of corruption.

menmon
10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
CRA loans are not what caused the crash. Most banks meet their CRA requirements by financing churches and hospitals, neither of which are usually risky.

Easy money pushed up valuations...in other words, folks being able to get an 80% advance rate from freddie and fannie and then 20% more from a home equity lender. When the home equity or subprime loans became non-performers, 20% of the money holding the values were lost. This is what cause the downward pressure. Fannie and Freddie are nothing more than conduits. Putting savers with borrowers.

caryalsobrook
10-16-2012, 09:57 AM
CRA loans are not what caused the crash. Most banks meet their CRA requirements by financing churches and hospitals, neither of which are usually risky.

Easy money pushed up valuations...in other words, folks being able to get an 80% advance rate from freddie and fannie and then 20% more from a home equity lender. When the home equity or subprime loans became non-performers, 20% of the money holding the values were lost. This is what cause the downward pressure. Fannie and Freddie are nothing more than conduits. Putting savers with borrowers.

If they were not risky then WHY did the gov. need to FORCE banks to make the loans?

Jim Danis
10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Obama, also represented ACORN in a lawsuit to force an Illinois lender to provide loans to borrowers who did not actually qualify for those loan. He used CRA requirements as part of his means to force the lender to comply. Of course this was during his community organizing days

Julie R.
10-16-2012, 07:01 PM

Excellent post Jim--I'm appalled that so many people want to blame the housing bust on Bush. And speaking of wolves and foxes guarding the chicken house, Obama certainly has a few of them in positions of power in his administration as Cabinet officers and "czars" (the ones that would never pass Senate confirmation hearings). I wrote about that damn CRA here on this board 3 years ago. See my post in this thread http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?37698-SubPrime-Mortgage-Explaination&highlight=community+reinvestment+act (http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?37698-SubPrime-Mortgage-Explaination&highlight=community+reinvestment+act) I had a friend who owned a bank that was forced into compliance of CRA quota loans in Washington D.C. during the Clinton administration that nearly went under because of being forced to make bad loans to meet the "quotas".

Julie R.
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM

Wrong....there were quotas banks in certain areas had to meet. Quotas that were not met by 'lending money to churches and hospitals'. I recently took a course for my real estate brokerage continuing education which included several case studies as part of the legal section.