PDA

View Full Version : Block v Bloc

john fallon
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
"Block can be a noun, a verb, or an adjective. Block has many different meanings but is not synonymous with bloc"

While there is such a thing as a Block Vote,it is where one person votes, but their one vote is counted proportionately to the number of people they represent. but even in such a case this group is not considered as a voting block. They are still a voting bloc (see below)

What there is though are groups of like minded individuals voting or having the propensity to vote en bloc , hence the term voting bloc.

A block vote http://grammar.about.com/od/alightersideofwriting/a/Bloc-And-Block.htm[/I]

Given the above,

]Even if women are one of the largest voting block, like any other block, they will not all vote the same! [/B]And if they are coming to the conclusion that women overwhelmingly support Obama, one would also have to look at the sampling of the poll.

Given that to be considered a member of a voting bloc, the members of the group ,with a few isolated exceptions, vote en bloc, I find this statement to be incongruent .

Finger nails on the blackboard regards

john

Gerry Clinchy
09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
You got us, John.

HPL
09-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Grate grammar lesson. Considering the all to atrocious grammar frequently scene on this sight, your alot farther along then many are hear.

Uncle Bill
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Grate grammar lesson. Considering the all to atrocious grammar frequently scene on this sight, your alot farther along then many are hear.

NYUK,NYUK,NYUK!!!:p:p:cool:

UB

BonMallari
09-17-2012, 01:07 PM
the Block is a target that I shoot my arrows into, they are expensive but work extremely well as long as I can hit them

The block is also something my Cowboys failed to do repeatedly against the Seahawks