PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy ... in general

Gerry Clinchy
09-19-2012, 11:11 AM
From the NY Times

Russia Demands U.S. End Support of Democracy Groups
By DAVID M. HERSZENHORN and ELLEN BARRY
The Kremlin views American financial support for a wide range of civil society programs as thinly veiled meddling in the country's internal affairs.
So Russia doesn't like us very much, says we're meddling in their internal affairs.

US has filed some international suit accusing China of unfair govt subsidies to some of their industries to make their products more competitive in the world market. Took a while to do something about that.

The ME is imploding all around us. The one reliable ally there, Israel, isn't real happy with the US right now.

Europe is in economic/financial funk.

Is there any way out of this mess? I have heard no new ideas from the incumbent on this state of world affairs. The 2008 ideas are not working real well.

Missing Yardley who would always make for a good debate.

Franco
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
From the NY Times

So Russia doesn't like us very much, says we're meddling in their internal affairs.

US has filed some international suit accusing China of unfair govt subsidies to some of their industries to make their products more competitive in the world market. Took a while to do something about that.

The ME is imploding all around us. The one reliable ally there, Israel, isn't real happy with the US right now.

Europe is in economic/financial funk.

Is there any way out of this mess? I have heard no new ideas from the incumbent on this state of world affairs. The 2008 ideas are not working real well.

Missing Yardley who would always make for a good debate.

Continuing the same policies of the last 50 years is not the solution!

Real solutions for real problems.
http://www.lp.org/issues

Foreign Policy
http://www.lp.org/issues/foreign-policy
I would love to see one of the far-righties here on POTUS attempt to pick this Foreign Policy apart!

;-)