PDA

View Full Version : did you all hear we just spent 70 thousand in pakistan on TV adds?

Ken Bora
09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
well did ya?
it was on Vermont public radio yesterday. The President and Hilary condeming the vid that "caused" the murder of our ambasidor and the others in a TV add that we had to pay to get on the air in of all places pakistan??? HUH?
I never seen any muslim clerics buyin' a spot in the middle of the price is right sayin' sorry for 9-11?
Did I miss it?
This is a goofy as it gets. OUR tax dollars to say we are sorry for OUR guy gettin kilt???
HUH?
could any of you all more wiser than me help me wrap my feeble war mongerin' brain round this please?
Seems in the old days we would just have the Navy lob a few of those shells the size of a ford pinto onto thier azz. Dosent that work any more?

road kill
09-21-2012, 09:26 AM
well did ya?
it was on Vermont public radio yesterday. The President and Hilary condeming the vid that "caused" the murder of our ambasidor and the others in a TV add that we had to pay to get on the air in of all places pakistan??? HUH?
I never seen any muslim clerics buyin' a spot in the middle of the price is right sayin' sorry for 9-11?
Did I miss it?
This is a goofy as it gets. OUR tax dollars to say we are sorry for OUR guy gettin kilt???
HUH?
could any of you all more wiser than me help me wrap my feeble war mongerin' brain round this please?
Seems in the old days we would just have the Navy lob a few of those shells the size of a ford pinto onto thier azz. Dosent that work any more?
Yep, I beleive it was ME that stated earlier that Sharia Law now trumps the First Amendment!!!!:D

Ain't it wonderful????

Ken Bora
09-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes Stan it seems you did say that.
some did not agree, gosh who was it????????

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Sharia Law is a scary thing to be creeping its head here in the states....watching the news this morning and watching the violence in Pakistan makes me wonder WHY we give the Karzaid govt another dime...I would cut funding off within the hour...

But the POTUS is so busy on his re election tour while all around him is crumbling..the fuse has been lit, the powder keg is ready to explode, its time to wake up people

Franco
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I am sure we paid at least ten times the going rate for TV ads in that rat hole country!

In 2002, Bush 43 upped the contribution to 18 Billion. The agency that monitors the money claims that up to 70% of it does not end up where intended. I would invite all of you to watch Rand Paul's comments to the Senate on this, from this week since he is the only one that has addressed it and many Repubs have critizied him for saying so. See Lindsay Graham's comments.

Our Foreign Policy has been dysfunctional for at least the last 50 years and won't change in the next four as both Dem and Repub Congressmen overwhelmingly support it. Some of that money is in the form of rent for our airbases. Rent we are paying to protect them though Pakistanis hate the USA.

Gerry Clinchy
09-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Yup, Ken, seems crazy to me.

I think the P'stani govt is still ticked off about the Bin Laden caper ... that they were not informed of the incursion. It was after that, (I think I have the timeline right) that they started asking much more bucks for each truck that crossed P'stan to get supplies to A'stan. I think the price was raised from $5000 to $15,000/truck-vehicle. (I think it was negotiated down from the highest price they asked for. I'm guessing that these "fees" are buried in the military budget so it seems likely that they are in addition to their foreign aid. Wonder how much $ we really give to P'stan?

Goose
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
There is one benefit to sharia. I wouldn't mind seeing Hillary draped in black.

Let's see how she likes it.

We live in Cuba now.

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
There is alot of fighting in the streets today in Pakistan seems they didnt think the Pres really meant his apology, maybe he should send flowers they would have been cheapier than $70K

Franco
09-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Yup, Ken, seems crazy to me.

I think the P'stani govt is still ticked off about the Bin Laden caper ... that they were not informed of the incursion. It was after that, (I think I have the timeline right) that they started asking much more bucks for each truck that crossed P'stan to get supplies to A'stan. I think the price was raised from $5000 to $15,000/truck-vehicle. (I think it was negotiated down from the highest price they asked for. I'm guessing that these "fees" are buried in the military budget so it seems likely that they are in addition to their foreign aid. Wonder how much $ we really give to P'stan?

Don't forget that the Pakistani government has imprisoned for life the doctor that tipped us off to the whereabouts of OBL.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Don't forget that the Pakistani government has imprisoned for life the doctor that tipped us off to the whereabouts of OBL.

Okay, I won't.

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM

Yes but who in the heck released his identity...guess they figured they wouldnt have to pay the reward if he was out of the picture

Vammy
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Let's see how she likes it.

LMAO

Coffee all over the keyboard regards,

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
She only wears pants that could be a problem

ARay11
09-21-2012, 01:25 PM
She only wears pants that could be a problem

they may really crap their turbans when she's president in 2016.

Franco
09-21-2012, 02:04 PM
We talk the talk, y'all ready to walk the walk?

This is going on right now!

Rand is killing it on the Senate floor right now. An epic foreign aid speech. In the meantime, call 202-224-3121. Urge your Senators to support this bill

ARay11
09-21-2012, 02:07 PM
franco, i'm stuck at work with no cnn in sight.... where can we watch online?

ARay11
09-21-2012, 02:10 PM
found cspan online...but senate floor is empty?

road kill
09-21-2012, 02:18 PM
we talk the talk, y'all ready to walk the walk?

This is going on right now!

Rand is killing it on the senate floor right now. An epic foreign aid speech. In the meantime, call 202-224-3121. Urge your senators to support this bill
do it!!!!!

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 02:19 PM
If she wants a chance in 2016 she better stand up now for america and do whats right. Stop giving them money to be our friends its NOT working!

Franco
09-21-2012, 02:38 PM
If you missed it, google; Rand Paul Senate speech Sept 21 2012 and it will appear on a number of sites. I would do the same for Mitch Mconnell's speach of 9/20 talking about the dysfunctional Senate.

Just give it a little while to allow news sites to upload it.

helencalif
09-21-2012, 02:38 PM

Hillary has aged before our eyes. Last night she looked particularly bad. Bags under her eyes, sagging jowels, and her hair was noticeably oily and stringy. Or is that now today's fashion? She simply looks tired and worn out. The past 4 years have not worn well for her.

Helen

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 02:42 PM
The news is showing Pakistan 6-8 yr old kids chanting Death to Americans Death to Obama . We have to get over it and accept the fact they hate us they will always want to kill us Obama should have saved the 70K they're not buying it

charly_t
09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Yep, I beleive it was ME that stated earlier that Sharia Law now trumps the First Amendment!!!!:D

Ain't it wonderful????

RK, Sent the article headline etc.to you. Feel free to post the link here if you want to. I can't do it since my computer cuts links into at least two peices :-( I did read it. Sounds like we are owned ( read controlled ) , lock, stock and barrel now.

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 05:08 PM
Hillary has aged before our eyes. Last night she looked particularly bad. Bags under her eyes, sagging jowels, and her hair was noticeably oily and stringy. Or is that now today's fashion? She simply looks tired and worn out. The past 4 years have not worn well for her.

Helen

Thats because she no longer has her Hollywood pals giving her the glam makeovers and designer duds like they did during the WH years

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
$ 70K on ad is working well isnt it? More good judgement by Obama. Lets say were sorry and make the boo boo go away, WRONG!

Franco
09-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Rand Paul's speech today on the Senate floor. The Bill will be voted on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtdY9SGPq5E

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Since Sept 11, 2001 we have given Pakistan 23.6 billion dollars in aid thats enough!

Franco
09-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Vote is tonight and will be on C-Span. Lindsay Graham(R) is leading the opposition!

From Rand...
For the last hour, there have been Senators on the floor explaining why they favor giving aid to nations who won't protect our embassies or imprison and torture people who help us. Really? Perhaps many Senators have been in Wasington too long, because I can't find many people NOT in the Senate who want to keep sending this welfare overseas, especially to those not acting in our interest.

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I agree its time alot of them get the boot.

ARay11
09-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Vote is tonight and will be on C-Span. Lindsay Graham(R) is leading the opposition!

From Rand...
For the last hour, there have been Senators on the floor explaining why they favor giving aid to nations who won't protect our embassies or imprison and torture people who help us. Really? Perhaps many Senators have been in Wasington too long, because I can't find many people NOT in the Senate who want to keep sending this welfare overseas, especially to those not acting in our interest.

How can there be opposition to this bill???? unless they are on the take as well....

ARay11
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
we send money to china for foreign development??????

Ken Bora
09-22-2012, 07:51 AM
I am sure we paid at least ten times the going rate for TV ads in that rat hole country!

wonder if it is government owned?

Franco
09-22-2012, 08:24 AM
we send money to china for foreign development??????

Yes we do, isn't that crazy!

And, Rand Paul's Bill was widely defeated last night by both parties.

ARay11
09-22-2012, 10:31 AM

figures. now when he runs for president, they will boo him for "wanting to starve children in africa"

BonMallari
09-22-2012, 10:57 AM

as much as I am in favor of stopping foreign aid....the bill in question probably had more provisions in it than any Senators were willing to chew on right now..its easy for all us arm chair legislators to arbitrairily just say lets stop funding, but foreign aid bills have so many earmarks and pork barrel project attached to them

I have not read the bill but would venture to guess that the bill was too extreme in its wording,and trying to get a bill of this nature passed less than sixty days before a national election was a lesson in futility...There is also a chance that Rand Paul had no co sponsor on the bill and as a first term Senator has little clout on the Hill to garner the support needed to pass the legislation

Franco
09-22-2012, 11:51 AM
The Bill put forth by Rand in the Senate involve three countries with three provisions.

That Libya brings the murders to justice and promises to secure our Consulate.
That Egypt promise to secure our Embassy.
That Pakistan free the doctor that tip us off to the whereabouts of OBL and protect our Embassy.

That's it!

And the Repubs and Dems both voted against it! Rand is getting the same treatment his father experienced in the House.

BonMallari
09-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Well there you have it, you are dealing with Three separate countries under one bill, that was doomed from the get go, the deal with the Pakistani doctor stinks to high heaven, the state dept did him dirty and they know it ,his identity should have never been exposed

Franco
09-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Well there you have it, you are dealing with Three separate countries under one bill, that was doomed from the get go, the deal with the Pakistani doctor stinks to high heaven, the state dept did him dirty and they know it ,his identity should have never been exposed

As soon as I'm finished with lunch, I'll post the Bill and the votes.

Here is the vote;
http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/112/senate/2/196

Here is the Bill
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.3576:

BonMallari
09-22-2012, 01:25 PM
As soon as I'm finished with lunch, I'll post the Bill and the votes.

Here is the vote;
http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/112/senate/2/196

Here is the Bill
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.3576:

Well HOW do you expect to deal with Libya ? we couldnt even get Kadafy to hand over the Lockerbie bomber, and what govt do you deal with, who is in power and do we even have diplomatic ties with that country...

Pakistan- you're dealing with a crook in Karzaid

Egypt- again you're dealing with a fledgling govt, we dont even know who is in charge

its all good that Rand Paul wants those responsible brought to justice but when the administration wont even admit that it was a terror attack who do they go after....

not sure what Senator Paul had in mind but the bill looks like it was just thrown together and did not have much foresight and if anything was a bit of grandstanding...it was doomed from the start

Franco
09-22-2012, 02:34 PM
If we don't know who is in charge, then why are we giving them any money? If Libya wants money, then caugh up the murderers. Pakistan has several times proven they are not an alley, pull all the money. And, it Egypt doesn't re-endorse the Camp David Accords, screw them too!

BonMallari
09-22-2012, 06:04 PM
If we don't know who is in charge, then why are we giving them any money? If Libya wants money, then caugh up the murderers. Pakistan has several times proven they are not an alley, pull all the money. And, it Egypt doesn't re-endorse the Camp David Accords, screw them too!

Really Franco you cant be that naiive....

the Pakistan aid also comes under the leases on the bases in Pakistan, you cut that money then you better be prepared to pull the strategic bases out...not very practical

the Camp David accord was signed by whom? maybe Sadat....they will argue that the accord no longer exists

Libya is being controlled by a bunch of thugs

The US has long thought that they could buy foreign policy...Unfortunately a lot of these countries now have assets or strategic locations that the US wants/needs..the US foreign aid no longer has the clout it used to have, as mentioned before by someone else, foreign aid also has ties to defense contractors whose plants are located in key senate districts

There in lies one of the flaws of the Ron/Rand Paul thinking about cutting foreign aid..Idealogically it sounds great and stirs up the supporters but from a pragmatic approach it just doesnt work. There is a reason that Congress attaches many different earmarks to defense appropriations, its because it insures that the bill will pass and never get cut, even though it has little or nothing to do with defense/foreign aid..

If Rand Paul wants to have an impact as a Senator, he will have to rise to the ranks of committee chairman or become a ranking member or some sort of appropriations board, thats where the real clout comes in...otherwise he risks being marginalized like his dad

Franco
09-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Really Franco you cant be that naiive....

the Pakistan aid also comes under the leases on the bases in Pakistan, you cut that money then you better be prepared to pull the strategic bases out...not very practical

the Camp David accord was signed by whom? maybe Sadat....they will argue that the accord no longer exists

Libya is being controlled by a bunch of thugs

The US has long thought that they could buy foreign policy...Unfortunately a lot of these countries now have assets or strategic locations that the US wants/needs..the US foreign aid no longer has the clout it used to have, as mentioned before by someone else, foreign aid also has ties to defense contractors whose plants are located in key senate districts

There in lies one of the flaws of the Ron/Rand Paul thinking about cutting foreign aid..Idealogically it sounds great and stirs up the supporters but from a pragmatic approach it just doesnt work. There is a reason that Congress attaches many different earmarks to defense appropriations, its because it insures that the bill will pass and never get cut, even though it has little or nothing to do with defense/foreign aid..

If Rand Paul wants to have an impact as a Senator, he will have to rise to the ranks of committee chairman or become a ranking member or some sort of appropriations board, thats where the real clout comes in...otherwise he risks being marginalized like his dad

The pragmatic approach is to get the hell out! Our policy over the last 50 years has only made the situation worse. I know this will upset the Defense Contractors who own most in DC but the reality is that we don't need mideast oil. Let them have thier 8th Century culture and we keep our money.

Time to start taking care of America first and our interest is NOT in the mideast!

USA oil production is approaching record levels. Areas of the Artic have been opened to drilling in the last two months. Brazil's production will be online shortley from the money we loaned them three years ago. Canada's production is increasing. All of which lessens our dependence of buying oil from terrorist nations. WE NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY THEM CASH TRIBUTE TO BE OUR SUPPOSEDLY FRIENDS!

The only reason gas cost so much at the pump is because of the value of the dollar.

BonMallari
09-22-2012, 06:58 PM
The pragmatic approach is to get the hell out! Our policy over the last 50 years has only made the situation worse. I know this will upset the Defense Contractors who own most in DC but the reality is that we don't need mideast oil. Let them have thier 8th Century culture and we keep our money.

Time to start taking care of America first and our interest is NOT in the mideast!

USA oil production is approaching record levels. Areas of the Artic have been opened to drilling in the last two months. Brazil's production will be online shortley from the money we loaned them three years ago. Canada's production is increasing. All of which lessens our dependence of buying oil from terrorist nations. WE NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY THEM CASH TRIBUTE TO BE OUR SUPPOSEDLY FRIENDS!

The only reason gas cost so much at the pump is because of the value of the dollar.

You will get no argument out of me..I want out too...wish it were that simple to just pack up and go, if it were I would volunteer to drive the moving truck and bring them all home...

Nothing would be better justice than to stick it to Karzaid and watch him get the same fate as Kadafy, in the street down and dirty..take that little runt Mushareff while they are at it

gmhr1
09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
If we can't just leave I sure wish we could have cut off the money train. Saying I'm sorry didnt seem to work.

murral stark
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
posted by Franco. Just one little snippet. "The only reason gas cost so much at the pump is because of the value of the dollar."
I believe that speculators have something to do with it too. Big Oil companies look for any excuse to gouge us. If somebody in the middle east sneezes, better raise prices because so and so has a cold and will probably cut the production. I'm trying to be funny there. Seriously though, I do believe the speculators have a big influence on prices.

Franco
09-22-2012, 08:49 PM
posted by Franco. Just one little snippet. "The only reason gas cost so much at the pump is because of the value of the dollar."
I believe that speculators have something to do with it too. Big Oil companies look for any excuse to gouge us. If somebody in the middle east sneezes, better raise prices because so and so has a cold and will probably cut the production. I'm trying to be funny there. Seriously though, I do believe the speculators have a big influence on prices.

Speculators due determine te price of oil and the oil companies have little to do with the price at the pump. Speculators do not determine the value of the dollar.

Thank Ben Bernake and the Fed Reserve for the continuing devaluation of the dollar with the higher cost of food and gasoline. He is flooding the market with freshly printed dollars causing the value of the dollar internationally to be worth less. Talked with my nephew recently that works in Norway for a US oil company. Cost of a bottle of beer at a pub is $35. US dollars!

murral stark
09-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Speculators due determine te price of oil and the oil companies have little to do with the price at the pump. Speculators do not determine the value of the dollar.

Thank Ben Bernake and the Fed Reserve for the continuing devaluation of the dollar with the higher cost of food and gasoline. He is flooding the market with freshly printed dollars causing the value of the dollar internationally to be worth less. Talked with my nephew recently that works in Norway for a US oil company. Cost of a bottle of beer at a pub is $35. US dollars!

WOW!! I wouldn't want to be a beer drinker and live there. I've heard from friends that have gone to canada to hunt and fish, that you'd better bring the legal limit of cigs and booze with you when you cross the border. I hear tell that the cigs and booze are extremely expensive there.