PDA

View Full Version : the latest iPhone 5 craze

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 09:53 AM
it really speaks volumes about our pop culture when people who probably dont have a pot to pee in are lining up to get an iPhone 5...No one loves technology more than I, but I just dont understand how our society is so enamored by latest craze for cell phones, the newest Nike shoe or the Dr Dre headphones...guess I am just late to the party, having finally purchased an iPhone 4 this spring when my Blackberry was no longer getting the job done

and yes I am eligible for an upgrade in Dec...

Franco
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
I still use my iPhone3 and I would toss it in the trash heap and go back to a flip-phone if it wasn't required by corporate that I have a smartphone!

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I waited on a kid (and I do mean kid) that works for Facebook in Palo Alto and he was showing me that they gave everyone on staff a Samsung galaxy S3 instead of the iPhone because they thought the Android market would overtake the Apple Iphone...of course that was before Samsung lost big in court for patent infringement..and we all know how FB is performing on the stock market...currently at 22.94

achiro
09-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I have the 4s and I am eligible for an upgrade next month, I wouldn't stand in line for one but I will order one as soon as I am eligible to do so.

road kill
09-21-2012, 10:19 AM
it really speaks volumes about our pop culture when people who probably dont have a pot to pee in are lining up to get an iPhone 5...No one loves technology more than I, but I just dont understand how our society is so enamored by latest craze for cell phones, the newest Nike shoe or the Dr Dre headphones...guess I am just late to the party, having finally purchased an iPhone 4 this spring when my Blackberry was no longer getting the job done

and yes I am eligible for an upgrade in Dec...

This is a soup kitchen Michelle worked for a photo-op!!
Back in the day, people at the soup kitchens for food were poor.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/AStarSpangledGirl/MichelleObamaatsoupkitchen.jpg

Nuff said............

gmhr1
09-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm going to get one because mine is the old flip phone, the same one I've had for the last 7 years. They dont seem to make any good regular phones anymore., now they want you to spend the extra bucks for the data package. Mine old phone is an Lg 8350 I love it

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
This is a soup kitchen Michelle worked for a photo-op!!
Back in the day, people at the soup kitchens for food were poor.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/AStarSpangledGirl/MichelleObamaatsoupkitchen.jpg

Nuff said............

I suspect the tax payers provided the phone.

M&K's Retrievers
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Heck, I still have a 3G waiting to upgrade to a 4. I like to stay on the cutting edge.

BonMallari
09-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I like my iPhone 4, like having the tunes,pictures,weather apps,and browser (including the RTF format -Forum Runner).....but I have learned not to scroll the missed phone call list unless you want to call someone at 2am

I will admit the Lifeproof case is FAR superior to the Otterbox

duckheads
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Heck, I still have a 3G waiting to upgrade to a 4. I like to stay on the cutting edge.

Ditto. Think I got the 3G for like $30 couple years ago. Kids are waiting for me to upgade so they can have my 3G. Probably going to be waiting awhile

Vammy
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
I bought an iPhone a couple years ago ...I hated it. Used it for 2 weeks, just could not get used to the keyboard. Gave it to my wife, she hated it too.

I have the BB Torch now, it may have inefficientcies, but I want the tactile keyboard....

Cody Covey
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM
If everyone would just buy Android we wouldn't have these shenanigans every year :) At work we buy the iPhones for the old people and those who can't work a smart phone.