PDA

View Full Version : Iran & Nukes?

road kill
09-24-2012, 05:55 AM
I am going to ask a couple of simple questions this week.

#1--Is Iran near getting a nuclear weapon?

If so, what do you think they will do with it?

Does it concern you at all that a terrorist supporting regime will have a nuclear weapon?

JimmyD
09-24-2012, 06:53 AM
If they don't have a nuclear weapon yet they are working on it. If they get it; it won't be used as a deterant against a country that has one. Iran will "bully" the region and threaten to use it. Specifically against Isreal. Isreal will not back down to their threats and needs international support with the U.S. leading the way to put Iran back in its place. If Isreal stands alone and feels threatened (Isreal has the NUKE), They will take Iran out. Isreals Nuke is far more developed and advanced than what the Iranians could or have produced. Isreal WILL NOT wait for Iran to launch, they will prevent a luanch by launching first.

This is why it is imparitive President Obama, Sec. of State Hillary Clinton do something; anything. Wow with those two leading the way, you can understand Isreals concerns and why they must wait until the next administration comes in...if there's time.

JimmyD
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
My opinion is-Isreal won't wait for them to "stock pile" WMD's. Isreal will take threat out before that happens.

M&K's Retrievers
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes, I think Iran is close to having nukes and ,yes, I think they are crazy (zealot) enough to use it. I am concerned because Obama apparently is not.

gmhr1
09-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Iran General says if Isreal attacks them , they ( Iran) will attack us thus causing WW3. Thats why theres more at stake in this election than a President who looks good on the view.
Do you feel that we are safe under Obama when he still hasn't even told us that the 9/11 attack was an act of terrorism? He STILL blames the video. Plus he and Biden keep reminding us that terrorism has been wiped out now because osama bin laden is dead.

BonMallari
09-24-2012, 10:08 AM
the THREAT of using a nuclear device makes it a game changer...One nuke in the hands of Iran is one too many

HPL
09-24-2012, 11:16 AM
This is a pretty complicated situation. I don't know who would step up to defend Iran if an attack was launched on them. Would China want to engage in a nuclear exchange with us over Iran? How about Russia? Seems unlikely to me so not too sure that it is in Iran's power to start WWIII. How would Iran attack us? We are half a world away. They don't have a world class navy. They have three old , soviet built, diesel/electric which would be lost the first day of any conflict. Apparently they do have modern anti ship missiles, but I have to think that the launch platforms would be lost pretty quickly. It would be pretty difficult to attack us from the air. I doubt they have any delivery system that could reliably deliver a nuke to the US, and we could certainly carpet Nuke them if we wished. If Iran gets a nuke, I feel like it is possible that they could actually use it against Israel, but what would be their target? (Tel Aviv I suppose). Seems like hitting Jerusalem would enrage the muslem world to me. We know that Israel IS is a nuclear power with sophisticated delivery systems, so if attacked, Israel could retaliate with Old Testament fury. Not sure what the sensible course of action is here.

Marvin S
09-24-2012, 11:51 AM
This is a pretty complicated situation. I don't know who would step up to defend Iran if an attack was launched on them. Would China want to engage in a nuclear exchange with us over Iran? How about Russia? Seems unlikely to me so not too sure that it is in Iran's power to start WWIII. How would Iran attack us? We are half a world away. They don't have a world class navy. They have three old , soviet built, diesel/electric which would be lost the first day of any conflict. Apparently they do have modern anti ship missiles, but I have to think that the launch platforms would be lost pretty quickly. It would be pretty difficult to attack us from the air. I doubt they have any delivery system that could reliably deliver a nuke to the US, and we could certainly carpet Nuke them if we wished. If Iran gets a nuke, I feel like it is possible that they could actually use it against Israel, but what would be their target? (Tel Aviv I suppose). Seems like hitting Jerusalem would enrage the muslem world to me. We know that Israel IS is a nuclear power with sophisticated delivery systems, so if attacked, Israel could retaliate with Old Testament fury. Not sure what the sensible course of action is here.

Posted with TIC - I see little cause for concern, we have been assured by the progressives on this forum that the POTUS & SoS have our backs & are the superior FP experts, that assurance should be sufficient for us troglodytes :evil:.

JimmyD
09-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Israel will nuke Iran if they are pushed to the brink. Then all Middle Eastern counties will then unleash an "unholy" war against Isreal and all countries that support Israel. All Islamic supporters including our "President" will consider Iranians as martyrs to Muslim culture/Muslim brotherhood, and will call Israels actions violent and over the top. The United States will be targeted as we have many Israeli/Jewish citizens and supporters. It would not suprise me if our President does not order military action againts Isreal to side with Middle Eastern run United Nations. Hold on tight if he'is re-elected...

gmhr1
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Obama calls this turmoil in the middel east "bumps in the road" wonder how that makes the families of the 4 dead Americans feel.

In an interview with "60 Minutes" Obama said "there are going to be bumps in the road because ... in a lot of these places the one organizing principal has been Islam." Obama was asked about recent events in the Middle East but not specifically about the attack in Libya that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

JimmyD
09-24-2012, 01:54 PM
"The bump in the road" Mr Obama is a TOMB.

HPL
09-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Israel will nuke Iran if they are pushed to the brink. Then all Middle Eastern counties will then unleash an "unholy" war against Isreal and all countries that support Israel. All Islamic supporters including our "President" will consider Iranians as martyrs to Muslim culture/Muslim brotherhood, and will call Israels actions violent and over the top. The United States will be targeted as we have many Israeli/Jewish citizens and supporters. It would not suprise me if our President does not order military action againts Isreal to side with Middle Eastern run United Nations. Hold on tight if he'is re-elected...

I'm no military expert, but it seems to me that if nukes are unleashed, those without them won't be major players in any conflict, so what the "rest of the middle east" does might not be a real concern. Pakistan is a known nuclear power, and as a muslem country I suppose that they might come to Iran's defense. However, there are at least a couple of things that could come in to play: 1. Iranians are Persians and look down on Arabs so not really loved by their Arab neighbors, and 2. Pakistan would have to be concerned about what reaction India might have.

As far as targeting the US, I am pretty sure that we are already targeted and nobody over there has the ability to launch any kind of large attack against us at this point.

Terri
09-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Iran will not attack the main land USA, but the bases and NATO bases in the middle east. They consider them to be part of the US, which they are because we have Americans living and working on them. My nephew happens to be in Afghanistan right now working. It is very hard to say how the other countries in the middle east will react to a conflict between Iran and Israel. Iranians are Persian, not Arab. Also they are not Sunni Muslims, but Shiite, besides several other religions (Jews, Christian, and others) . These two areas are very dividing. The people who hate Americans may pull for Iran, but the governments in the middle east will be glad to see both Iran and Israel gone. If Israel is going to attack Iran they need to do it before the election because if they wait until after Obama maybe reelected and he will do nothing for Israel. Before the election he will be forced to take sides and Israel may be able to force him to support them in a war with Iran. That support would be to encourage other middle eastern countries to stay out of the mix and to control their population. Not everyone in Iran is happy with their government. If our president would have given half as much support to the people of Iran who were protesting the fraudulent reelection of the little weasel as he did to the Arab spring we might not be in this situation. The Iranian people wanted to get rid of their dictator for a democratic government. That was when they wanted to elect a man instead of the Shah, but our government did not allow it. Then after so many years they tried again to replace the dictator, but they got a worse form of government- Islamic. Iran is a very good example of a country that is worse off today than it was under a dictator. Now Egypt is heading down that path and so are some other middle eastern countries.

Terri