PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Tronics Holsters

FPA Ammo
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
What do you guys suggest for holsters while field hunting (Goose, Pheasant Ducks) for the Tube Style Transmitters? I would like one so I could wear it around my neck like a lanyard.

Thanks

Wayne Nutt
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Gundogsupply has a cheap one they use for promotion purposes.

larry109
09-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Look a the one from Avery

Carter
11-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I never lilked the holsters

Rich Martin
11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Which tube style do you have? The new G3's are smaller than the older ones and the Avery one I bought was alittle big, I had to stuff the bottom with paper towel so the buttons would line up with the holes. I since bought TT holster.

The Snows
11-17-2012, 06:41 AM
When training if my controller is not in my hand, it's in my back pocket.

But when we are hunting I use the TT holster and have it on a retractable cord like T-Reign's product -

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x394/dakotacreek/photo_tracking1.jpg

It keeps the controller handy in front rather than digging into a pocket or risk it falling out of one.

Steve Shaver
11-17-2012, 07:14 AM
I never lilked the holsters

Me niether and I absolutely hate it hanging from my neck, calls and whistles are bad enough.
I buy nothing but the carpentar style jeans. Transmitter fits perfectly in the little on the side of the right leg. Very easy access and it stays put when you want it to. Drives me nuts if I wear a regular pair of jeans when working a dog and have to stuff it in the back pocket.

2labs
11-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Me niether and I absolutely hate it hanging from my neck, calls and whistles are bad enough.
I buy nothing but the carpentar style jeans. Transmitter fits perfectly in the little on the side of the right leg. Very easy access and it stays put when you want it to. Drives me nuts if I wear a regular pair of jeans when working a dog and have to stuff it in the back pocket.

XXXXX 2!!
Plus the Dickey brand jeans from walmart out last a lot of other jeans out there. 23.00 for a pair of jeans is a good price.

thelast2
12-08-2012, 01:13 AM
I have an Avery holster and hang the transmittor on the left shoulder of my waders when hunting. In the field or training carpenter pants pocket like everyone else.

bama stripes
01-02-2013, 09:28 AM
I have a custom leather holster that has a snap link that I hook on to my belt loop. The controls face to the front and you don't have to try to fish your controller out of your pocket in order to make a correction. The holster was made by Mike Rathke, 317-313-4746. The holster is very well made and keeps the controller where you can reach it immediately. Here is a picture. 1041010411

Call Mike or contact me at bherb06@bellsouth if you have any questions.

Jim Danis
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I really like my Avery holster for my TT2 Flyway Special. When I went to the Flyway Special 3 The Avery holster didn't fit. Avery also said they were not going to make one to fit the new version. I've since gone to a TriTronics holster I bought from LCS. It works but no where near as nice as the old Avery one. I clip my holster to my Avery neoprene shell vest.

Chris Atkinson
01-02-2013, 05:33 PM

I keep my G3 transmitter in my hand at all times when training.

When waterfowl hunting, I also don't want any more junk around my neck than I already have.

I use an Avery Holster for the G3 transmitter. Then I use a carabeener clip and clip it to the left suspender strap on my waders. (I shoot right-handed and want that side clear)

This keeps the transmitter in ready reach. If I'm wading above waist deep water, I'm sure to flip that holster up and over so the thing is inside my wader tops until I reach a lower spot.

Ever since I read the story about the dog getting shocked by a transmitter dropped in saltwater, I'm extra careful to keep my transmitter dry at all times.

Chris