PDA

View Full Version : Ambassador Chris Stevens' journal

helencalif
09-24-2012, 03:16 PM
There's a flap going on between the State Dept. and CNN. I've been watching Fox News and reading about it on line today.

Four days after our consulate was attacked and Ambassador Stevens was killed. CNN was in the consulate and found Amb. Stevens' journal. One does wonder why on day 4 the consulate was not in US protective custody and why CNN and others were allowed to go through the buildings to find whatever was still there.

The State Dept is up in arms because CNN has released some of what Stevens wrote about the growing unrest and threats of terrorism.

The State Dept. is outraged and calls it a "diary" or a "personal" journal. Reports are that it is not a diary, it is a professional journal which contains Stevens' concerns which might also contain his concern over the need for greater protection. I am not sure about that. I have not read nor heard the exact words in the journal.

I think of key importance in this whole flap is ... 4 days later our government had not put the consulate under protection so that anyone was able to go through the buildings and take whatever could be found.

Is the consulate and its contents secure today?

Helen

road kill
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
There's a flap going on between the State Dept. and CNN. I've been watching Fox News and reading about it on line today.

Four days after our consulate was attacked and Ambassador Stevens was killed. CNN was in the consulate and found Amb. Stevens' journal. One does wonder why on day 4 the consulate was not in US protective custody and why CNN and others were allowed to go through the buildings to find whatever was still there.

The State Dept is up in arms because CNN has released some of what Stevens wrote about the growing unrest and threats of terrorism.

The State Dept. is outraged and calls it a "diary" or a "personal" journal. Reports are that it is not a diary, it is a professional journal which contains Stevens' concerns which might also contain his concern over the need for greater protection. I am not sure about that. I have not read nor heard the exact words in the journal.

I think of key importance in this whole flap is ... 4 days later our government had not put the consulate under protection so that anyone was able to go through the buildings and take whatever could be found.

Is the consulate and its contents secure today?

Helen
To me, the bigger concern is why the security wasn't heightened 4 days before the attacks??
Doesn't mean much now..............

twall
09-24-2012, 05:10 PM
I had heard that the FBI was in Tripoli but has not been allowed to travel to Benghazi. I wonder how much control the Lybian government has over that region? This whole thing is sad. It is hard to believe our country was so unprepared for something like this.

Tom

menmon
09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
I had heard that the FBI was in Tripoli but has not been allowed to travel to Benghazi. I wonder how much control the Lybian government has over that region? This whole thing is sad. It is hard to believe our country was so unprepared for something like this.

Tom

It would not have made a difference if 100 marines had been guarding the embassy other than they would have lost their lives too.

It is tragic....we will never be safe from evil.

It is a sad day when a campaign is so desperate that they try to make hay from something as tragic as this.

I will be so glad when Romney crawls back in the hole he crawled out of.

road kill
09-24-2012, 05:45 PM
It would not have made a difference if 100 marines had been guarding the embassy other than they would have lost their lives too.

It is tragic....we will never be safe from evil.

It is a sad day when a campaign is so desperate that they try to make hay from something as tragic as this.

(this comment is disgraceful)
To me, it is far more tragic when the President of the United States LIES to the citizens about it!!!

gmhr1
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
It would have helped to have some security I would take 100 marines anyday! It would have been a different outcome! Fact is Obama is still telling the lie Is a sad state the Country is in when the people dont care that their President is a liar . Hes so afraid to lose a few votes he will continue in a lie.

Gerry Clinchy
09-24-2012, 06:37 PM

Why so upset, menmon? The President says it's just "a bump in the road".

To prove how cool he is about it, he sent Hillary to meet at the UN with the leaders from Pakistan, Egypt and A'stan, while he went on the very intellectually weighty "The View". Hey, if this was really important, wouldn't the President want to meet with these leaders face-to-face himself? While he does talk to them on the phone, sending Hillary to meet with them personally will certainly convey to them that they shouldn't be too up-tight about these small "bumps in the road."

M&K's Retrievers
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM

Me too. In 8 years.

JimmyD
09-25-2012, 11:49 AM
The "bump in the road" is a tomb and if this Pesident has to be held accountable; Ambassador Stevens' death is on Mr. Obama. It happened on your watch Barack. Were you sleeping? Or do you lack the backbone to protect Americans? How many more "bumps in the road" will it take? Please tell the families of the four murdered Americans they were a "bump in the road". Those are not bumps they are tombs that could have been prevented.

road kill
09-25-2012, 11:56 AM
The "bump in the road" is a tomb and if this Pesident has to be held accountable; Ambassador Stevens' death is on Mr. Obama. It happened on your watch Barack. Were you sleeping? Or do you lack the backbone to protect Americans? How many more "bumps in the road" will it take? Please tell the families of the four murdered Americans they were a "bump in the road". Those are not bumps they are tombs that could have been prevented.
In all fairness, we may have offended a Muslim had we stepped up security.

Just sayin'............

JDogger
09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20120924/OPINION/309240038/Campaign-fact-check-Were-embassy-Marines-unarmed-?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Question: Were the Marines at American embassies in the Middle East not allowed to be armed?
Answer: Presidential campaigns lead some people to politicize everything and the tragedy in Libya is no exception.
Bloggers and users on Twitter and Facebook were quick to circulate claims that the Marines in Cairo, Egypt, and Benghazi, Libya, were not permitted to be armed. The story went that the U.S. ambassador to Egypt told the Marines they couldnít use their weapons.
It turns out the Marines in Cairo were armed. Both Mother Jones magazine and Fox News -- two news sources at opposite ends of the political spectrum -- talked to Marines spokesmen who confirmed there were no restrictions on weapons or weapons status.
In Libya, the consulate in Benghazi did not have Marines stationed there -- the security was supposed to be provided by the Libyans.
Finally, itís something of a misnomer that the primary mission of the Marines is to protect the embassy. Thatís the responsibility of the host country. In the event of a crisis, the Marines will certainly do their best, but their main mission is ďto provide internal security at designated U.S. diplomatic and consular facilities in order to prevent the compromise of classified material vital to the national security of the United States,Ē according to the Marines Corps Embassy Security Group.
Jeffrey Bruner is the wire chief for the Gannett National Wire Desk in Des Moines.

This is a letter to the editor of small newspaper.

Letter: Why were U.S. security forces for the consulate in Benghazi lacking?
Each day I am continually confused as to the position of our president, the secretary of state and the State Department in general with whether the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was an organized terrorist attack or a spontaneous attack allegedly triggered by outrage over an anti-Muslim film.
The real problem is a small group; a few people or a group overran the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and caused the death of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other staff members.
The question is why a tragic lack of security at the Benghazi mission was allowed and why did a U.S. regional diplomatic officer feel that local Libyan militia were sufficient to guard the station?
We now have U.S. Marines at the location. Why they were not deployed to that sensitive area before?

Similar to Stans question.

A reply;

So, how many troops would you suggest be posted at each embassy?
Squad, platoon, company, brigade, division.
What would you suggest they be armed with?
Small arms, shoulder fired missiles, crew served heavy weapons, armor, aircraft.
It`s the host countries responsibility to provide the security for foreign embassy grounds and staff.

menmon
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM
In all fairness, we may have offended a Muslim had we stepped up security.

Just sayin'............

I think we need to go to war...the other two are about over and we need to hear a daily body count to feel alive don't we. I'm sure the Chinese will lend us the money or we can cut our mothers and fathers SS checks to pay for part of it. Unemployment will go down as we build the weapons and employee young men in the ME and we will have fewer young men looking for work as they give up their lives for freedom and liberty.

Get a fuc>ing clue please.

huntinman
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
I think we need to go to war...the other two are about over and we need to hear a daily body count to feel alive don't we. I'm sure the Chinese will lend us the money or we can cut our mothers and fathers SS checks to pay for part of it. Unemployment will go down as we build the weapons and employee young men in the ME and we will have fewer young men looking for work as they give up their lives for freedom and liberty.

American lives apparently mean nothing to you. Repeat your above statement to the family of Chris stevens and his staff. You should go look in a mirror and repeat that and see if you actually like what you are looking at. Some of the tripe you spout turns my stomach.

starjack
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
american lives apparently mean nothing to you. Repeat your above statement to the family of chris stevens and his staff. You should go look in a mirror and repeat that and see if you actually like what you are looking at. Some of the tripe you spout turns my stomach.ditto.........

menmon
09-25-2012, 02:21 PM
American lives apparently mean nothing to you. Repeat your above statement to the family of Chris stevens and his staff. You should go look in a mirror and repeat that and see if you actually like what you are looking at. Some of the tripe you spout turns my stomach.

I'm pretty sure he nor his family would want more americans in harms way. Why is he more important than the other american's who lost their lives in the ME. What was the body count this week in Afganistan? Lets nuke them. Better yet lets get out of that part of the world and let them resolve their differences. They have only been trying for 2000+ years a few presidental terms are not going to fix it, and I'm sure Isreal can take care of itself too.

huntinman
09-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure he nor his family would want more americans in harms way. Why is he more important than the other american's who lost their lives in the ME. What was the body count this week in Afganistan?.

Don't know... the media won't report it since Obama is in office.

helencalif
09-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Slowly more information is being revealed. We got the message that embassies and consulates are supposed to be protected by the host country. We now know that Libya provided no protection whatsoever.

It was not a small group of protestors. It was a large group of terrorists who pre-planned a well-armed assault.

We have now learned from Amb. Stevens' journal that he believed terrorism was growing and that he was on a hit list. What we don't know is when he wrote this in his journal. We don't know if he reported his concerns to the State Dept. or not.

Whether he did or not, the State Dept. should have made sure that Libya was providing protection to our embassy, our consulate, our ambassador and his staff.
It makes one wonder what protection has been provided by host countries elsewhere.

I am mystified as to why the President and the State Dept. continue to refer to the video as the reason for the attack in Libya. The only reason I can think of is ... they knew terrorism was building and they knew about the hit list, but did nothing about it. Blaming it on the video is their way out of responsibility. I don't think a lot of people are buying their video excuse.

menmon
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Obviously the video angers muslims like many other things that have occured over there. I would agree that the video by itself is not the problem but it is part of the problem. As long as we are going to have americans in harms way over there, we need to use good judgement.

I don't think anyone is making excuses. They don't like us and as long as we involve ourselves in their affairs that is not going to change.

I'm sure every official we have in that part of the world is on someone's hit list, so don't sound surprised. Embassies have been bombed under every president that has held office during my lifetime. It is easier to attack them than us here, so trying to blame the president for this tragedy is just politics.

huntinman
09-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Obviously the video angers muslims like many other things that have occured over there. I would agree that the video by itself is not the problem but it is part of the problem. As long as we are going to have americans in harms way over there, we need to use good judgement.

I don't think anyone is making excuses. They don't like us and as long as we involve ourselves in their affairs that is not going to change.

I'm sure every official we have in that part of the world is on someone's hit list, so don't sound surprised. Embassies have been bombed under every president that has held office during my lifetime. It is easier to attack them than us here, so trying to blame the president for this tragedy is just politics.

We could start by providing our own people security.

gmhr1
09-25-2012, 03:31 PM
We wont have to worry about it. http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/14/sequestration-report-embassy-security-to-be-cut-by-129-million/

With the sequestration cuts Embassy security will be cut 129 million. Might hit a few more bumps!

Julie R.
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM

Are you serious? Never mind (insert eye-roll emoticon here). Trying to absolve BHO of blame in the current Middle East mess because "everyone else does it" is about as pathetic as it gets. He's been spilling state secrets and endangering the lives of American servicemen and women since he got in office. If he thinks it will make him look good and help his campaign, out it comes. By the way this is not a conservative or GOP party line/from talking points, watch the video to learn what those on the frontlines think of his appalling self-aggrandizing.

http://www.youtube.com/v/X-Xfti7qtT0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

huntinman
09-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Are you serious? Never mind (insert eye-roll emoticon here). Trying to absolve BHO of blame in the current Middle East mess because "everyone else does it" is about as pathetic as it gets. He's been spilling state secrets and endangering the lives of American servicemen and women since he got in office. If he thinks it will make him look good and help his campaign, out it comes. By the way this is not a conservative or GOP party line/from talking points, watch the video to learn what those on the frontlines think of his appalling self-aggrandizing.

hard to say if he's ever serious... but most of what he says is pathetic.

menmon
09-25-2012, 03:45 PM

Talk about drama! Some pathetic excuse for a presidental canidate trying to catch up by playing politics with a tragedy is about as shameless as it gets. He tried to convince folks he was a better economic leader and it didn't work so now lets use this unfortunate death as a way to show he is the better one. I have news for him and you that the smarter public does not want republican foriegn policy, because its cost is by far more.

gmhr1
09-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Someone needs to tell Obama and crazy joe to make up a new bumper sticker Bin laden is dead and Al -queda is alive. So get ready for a few more "bumps" in the road.

road kill
09-25-2012, 05:40 PM

How classy is that???

Mr. menmon, though we have our faults here, most of us are articulate enough to express our opinions without resorting to this type of language.

My advice, watch and learn................

menmon
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
How classy is that???

Mr. menmon, though we have our faults here, most of us are articulate enough to express our opinions without resorting to this type of language.

My advice, watch and learn................

You are right...it upsets me that folks did not learn anything from our mistakes. War is not a winning solution, and the cost in human life and money to have not made the world a safer place is mind bogling. Then to think the president is managing this incorrectly because he does not want war, just is too much. I'm sorry that I implied you were clueless.

road kill
09-25-2012, 06:37 PM
You are right...it upsets me that folks did not learn anything from our mistakes. War is not a winning solution, and the cost in human life and money to have not made the world a safer place is mind bogling. Then to think the president is managing this incorrectly because he does not want war, just is too much. I'm sorry that I implied you were clueless.
Didn't complain about being called clueless, my concern is your language!!!!

Not very gentlemanly..................

huntinman
09-25-2012, 07:03 PM

RK isn't clueless...Obama and the koolaid drinkers that follow him are...8946

JDogger
09-25-2012, 11:31 PM
RK isn't clueless...Obama and the koolaid drinkers that follow him are...8946

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/JDoggger/imagesCASWF0E6.jpg

Gerry Clinchy
09-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Some pathetic excuse for a presidental canidate trying to catch up by playing politics with a tragedy is about as shameless as it gets.

And somehow you don't find that it was playing politics for the present administration to try to palm this off as a spontaneous reaction to a dumb video ... so that it would not look bad for the administration's lack of progress in their ME policies?

It's pretty obvious that almost no one knew that this video existed until the administration dug it up to cover their behinds.

He tried to convince folks he was a better economic leader and it didn't work so now lets use this unfortunate death as a way to show he is the better one.

Equally as likely is that the present administration is being drubbed on the economy in the campaign. The ME situation is an example of how poorly they've done on foreign affairs.

If it is the responsibility of the host country to protect our embassy, AND we have word from the host country to "get out of Dodge", WHY on God's green earth didn't the administration take the advice? It's bad enough sending our soldiers into harm's way, but to send civilians into harm's way (with barely any means of self-defense), seems beyond dumb.

I do NOT think that either Hillary or Obama wanted to see those people killed ... I DO believe that they both made an incredibly stupid decision in not paying attention to the warnings and should have kept their people out of danger. Then they tried to cover it up with a "narrative" nobody believed from the get-go.

I have news for him and you that the smarter public does not want republican foriegn policy, because its cost is by far more.

Just read the other day that the # of personnel killed in A'stan during Obama's watch (the war he said was the important one during his campaign), has already substantially exceeded the #s killed prior to his taking over.

road kill
09-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Just read the other day that the # of personnel killed in A'stan during Obama's watch (the war he said was the important one during his campaign), has already substantially exceeded the #s killed prior to his taking over.
Yeah, but.............

menmon
09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
If this is the best arguement you guys can put up...Obama wins! Most people are numb to the crap that you guys are slinging around. Can't sell the deal that Romney is better for the economy, so lets try to smear Obama's foriegn policy record and see if we can get some traction. Only people listening to this are your right wing extremist. Smart people are not paying attention. Only reason I pay attention to what you write is to try and make you step back and listen to what you are saying and how stupid it is.

huntinman
09-26-2012, 10:50 AM
If this is the best arguement you guys can put up...Obama wins! Most people are numb to the crap that you guys are slinging around. Can't sell the deal that Romney is better for the economy, so lets try to smear Obama's foriegn policy record and see if we can get some traction. Only people listening to this are your right wing extremist. Smart people are not paying attention. Only reason I pay attention to what you write is to try and make you step back and listen to what you are saying and how stupid it is.

And you would know that how??

gmhr1
09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
You should listen to the Howard Stern interview he just did with Obama supporters if you want to know whose voting for "your guy" You might not want to be grouped with the Obamabots.

gmhr1
09-27-2012, 10:32 AM
The attack was labeld a "terrorist attack" within 24 hours by the Obama Admisnistration so why did he, Susan Rice, Jay Carney, and Hilliary continue to lie about it and blame it on a video ? BTW TH FBI are still not on the ground

huntinman
09-27-2012, 11:50 AM
The attack was labeld a "terrorist attack" within 24 hours by the Obama Admisnistration so why did he, Susan Rice, Jay Carney, and Hilliary continue to lie about it and blame it on a video ? BTW TH FBI are still not on the ground

Because that (lie) is what they do best. It is all about trying to protect their current positions...

Gerry Clinchy
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Remember the interview where Obama indicated that he believed that his job as President was to "tell the stories"? The story in this campaign has been how strong he is in foreign policy ... killing Osama, spinning Ft. Hood as "workplace violence", etc. Having to admit to a terrorist attack in a ME country in which the administration supported the "revolution" did not fit into the narrative as planned.

Have to give some credit for the Libyan President telling the truth. Surely didn't work to his advantage in any particular way that I can see. Makes him look like he's not in control in his own country ... so maybe could get US sympathy that his govt was not "at fault". OTOH, since it is the govt's job to protect the embassies, that could have a reverse spin to US public opinion as well. To his own people that lack of control could also make him look weak to them?

In the end, I think the one who looks weakest is Obama and his foreign policy choices ... and Hillary and Rice followed their marching orders. Nobody was willing to tell the truth ... and now they cannot hide behind "not knowing". They also look weak to the rest of the world. No wonder the A-Q spokesperson said that it was time to strike the US "when it was weakest." Maybe they didn't tell Carney what was going on? Otherwise, how could he have held those press conferences and not choked on his own words?

How can the voters trust these people? Not to mention both allies and enemies in the rest of the world.

Nobody has even mentioned Obama noting that we should not tolerate those who would slander the prophet of Islam in his UN speech. Is that appeasement or what? He could have made that statement more general with, "slander anyone's religion". When he said the US would do all that is necessary to prevent a nuclear Iran, would anybody believe that? He has become the "rhetorical" President ... speak loudly and ... then speak again. Eventually people begin to realize the stories are just fantasy fairy tales and ignore the words.

menmon
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Remember the interview where Obama indicated that he believed that his job as President was to "tell the stories"? The story in this campaign has been how strong he is in foreign policy ... killing Osama, spinning Ft. Hood as "workplace violence", etc. Having to admit to a terrorist attack in a ME country in which the administration supported the "revolution" did not fit into the narrative as planned.

Have to give some credit for the Libyan President telling the truth. Surely didn't work to his advantage in any particular way that I can see. Makes him look like he's not in control in his own country ... so maybe could get US sympathy that his govt was not "at fault". OTOH, since it is the govt's job to protect the embassies, that could have a reverse spin to US public opinion as well. To his own people that lack of control could also make him look weak to them?

In the end, I think the one who looks weakest is Obama and his foreign policy choices ... and Hillary and Rice followed their marching orders. Nobody was willing to tell the truth ... and now they cannot hide behind "not knowing". They also look weak to the rest of the world. No wonder the A-Q spokesperson said that it was time to strike the US "when it was weakest." Maybe they didn't tell Carney what was going on? Otherwise, how could he have held those press conferences and not choked on his own words?

How can the voters trust these people? Not to mention both allies and enemies in the rest of the world.

Nobody has even mentioned Obama noting that we should not tolerate those who would slander the prophet of Islam in his UN speech. Is that appeasement or what? He could have made that statement more general with, "slander anyone's religion". When he said the US would do all that is necessary to prevent a nuclear Iran, would anybody believe that? He has become the "rhetorical" President ... speak loudly and ... then speak again. Eventually people begin to realize the stories are just fantasy fairy tales and ignore the words.

Anyone with half a brain knows that bad things happen that our presidents have no control of. The attach on the twin towers happen when Bush was president and could have easily happened when Clinton was president. This country take large steps to assure our safety but its a big place and bad things are going to happen.

The shooting at fort hood was unfortunate and a man went nuts and killed people. Short of helping the surviving families, not much our president can do about that.

An ambassador is killed in a hostile part of the world. He knew the risk and assumed it. Short of him not being there, there is nothing the president could have done.

So I know anything involving muslims you want to call terror....war on terror but what you really mean is war on muslims. That is what the president wants to change. We can be at war with muslims until the end of time or learn to get along someway. Getting along is the best conculsion but you want to be at war and further the hate. Look at the countries in the middle east and how deep that hate is and how unrepairable it is. I would hope we were bigger than that. Step back and think about your approach to this problem and tell me what is the outcome and is a good outcome. His approach probably won't produce any immediate result but given time, hearts may mend and the world will be better. But I'm sure your way will never work.

ARay11
09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Anyone with half a brain knows that bad things happen that our presidents have no control of. The attach on the twin towers happen when Bush was president and could have easily happened when Clinton was president. This country take large steps to assure our safety but its a big place and bad things are going to happen.

The shooting at fort hood was unfortunate and a man went nuts and killed people. Short of helping the surviving families, not much our president can do about that.

An ambassador is killed in a hostile part of the world. He knew the risk and assumed it. Short of him not being there, there is nothing the president could have done.

So I know anything involving muslims you want to call terror....war on terror but what you really mean is war on muslims. That is what the president wants to change. We can be at war with muslims until the end of time or learn to get along someway. Getting along is the best conculsion but you want to be at war and further the hate. Look at the countries in the middle east and how deep that hate is and how unrepairable it is. I would hope we were bigger than that. Step back and think about your approach to this problem and tell me what is the outcome and is a good outcome. His approach probably won't produce any immediate result but given time, hearts may mend and the world will be better. But I'm sure your way will never work.

this is my concern....
for tens of thousands of years, that region of the world has been at war. It is passed on from generation to generation. In America, we are free to espouse whatever crap we want to free flow from our mouths. We do not fear repurcussions. We are free.
In the ME, when a woman is unfaithful, she can be put to death. Period.
We find that inhumane and a violation of human rights.
When a man kills a cow, he will be killed.
We eat cows.
We do not bow down to any one religion, one God, or one ruler.
They think we should die for that.

Wanting the US to step back and try to make friends and mend hearts is a great warm fuzzy cocktail full of fun and imagination.

The fact is..... They have spent generations hating us, wanting to kill us, and plotting ways to make us miserable. They take our money and create weapons with it aimed to kill us. The hate runs deep because they are taught, trained, and ingrained in hatred. It won't matter how many FTD bouquets we send... they willl still hate us.

We need to get out, get out, get out.

gmhr1
09-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Your President didnt have to lie! What do you say about that fact he lied you cant deny that FACT, when you have his own words saying it. Even after his admin came clean, claiming it was a terror attack not the video, he continued to LIE. Maybe you dont expect better from your Pres but most of us do. Obama doesn't want the FBI to investigate because the Truth will come out he would rather wait till after the election because the word is the FBI will not lie for him. If his diary proves he was worried about the risk & lack of security and he expressed that concern to say , Hillary, we will see what happens. Under a normal admin heads would roll under this one you will hear one snippet on fox and that will be all. Obama is the master of cover up.

(CNN) -- More than two weeks after four Americans -- including the U.S. ambassador to Libya -- were killed in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, FBI agents have not yet been granted access to investigate in the eastern Libyan city, and the crime scene has not been secured, sources said.

Gerry Clinchy
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Menmon, you may recall that it was noted that Bush ignored intelligence that might have avoided 9/11 ... and Obama seems to have ignored intelligence that could have avoided the Benghazi tragedy. However, the embassies over there could be better protected ... not just a regular house in a dangerous neighborhood; and an actual security detail for the ambassador. I betcha that ambassadors to the US from other countries have security details for their ambassadors ... and it's not nearly as dangerous to be here as it would be to be in Libya right now.

And, then ... he lied about it all ... and was still lying at the UN, (3 wks later) mentioning the dumb video multiple times. Even the Libyan President is asking why would the President want to "protect" the real perpetrators who killed Americans! Meanwhile Morsi says, point blank, that HE will not allow ANYone to slander the prophet Mohammed ... and Obama backs him up in his speech using the same words "slander the prophet".

BTW, you obviously did not look into the Ft. Hood incident very carefully ... the perp had been adopting jihadist values over a period of time, but in deference to PC-ness, it was given a pass.

starjack
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM

So I know anything involving muslims you want to call terror....war on terror but what you really mean is war on muslims. That is what the president wants to change. We can be at war with muslims until the end of time or learn to get along someway. Getting along is the best conculsion but you want to be at war and further the hate. Look at the countries in the middle east and how deep that hate is and how unrepairable it is. I would hope we were bigger than that. Step back and think about your approach to this problem and tell me what is the outcome and is a good outcome. His approach probably won't produce any immediate result but given time, hearts may mend and the world will be better. But I'm sure your way will never work.Darn now im going to cry all night in my deer stand. I got it lets have a big group hug with the terroist. Was it not Slick willy who had bin ladin and let him go? I could care less about peaceful muslims but terroist muslium must go. You can can go apoligize with your boy at there funerals.

menmon
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok let all buy Lockheed stock and Batesville Coffin stock and send our bombs, guns and young men over there and stuff our shit down there throut. That's your solution...doesn't work very well does it. I would rather hug them than keep pissing off money and lives so you can pound your chest as you chug a beer and say damn them muslims...I'll teach them to mess with america. Now lets pass through time a little bit. You can't afford a beer anymore and america is broke and we didn't show them shit except that we are stupid!

You want that world to stop being a threat....get out of their business. Quit buying their oil and use the little money we have to come up with renewable solutions, not quick fixes.

gmhr1
09-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Two things would have helped Security and an HONEST man in the WH. They say today the attack was planned because of Obama spiking the football, touting Osama is dead over and over again . Everytime Biden talked its Osama is dead, GM is alive. It had Nothing to do with a video! Obama looks like the liar he is when all the facts prove this and he sits there and says it was caused by the film. He cannot be trusted if he will stand up and lie to all of us about this! He is praying the FBI doesnt uncover the real reason for this attack before the election.

BonMallari
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Ok let all buy Lockheed stock and Batesville Coffin stock and send our bombs, guns and young men over there and stuff our shit down there throut. That's your solution...doesn't work very well does it. I would rather hug them than keep pissing off money and lives so you can pound your chest as you chug a beer and say damn them muslims...I'll teach them to mess with america. Now lets pass through time a little bit. You can't afford a beer anymore and america is broke and we didn't show them shit except that we are stupid!

You want that world to stop being a threat....get out of their business. Quit buying their oil and use the little money we have to come up with renewable solutions, not quick fixes.

one of the few times I agree with you....BUT, when the tree huggers and environmentalists wont let you drill in ANWAR or frack shale (except on private land in NoDak) or build any refineries, then it makes it hard to come up with alternative solutions..hard to have it both ways

Also its very difficult to reason with fanatics that are bent on removing an entire nation from existence...the world already had one madman try that in the 1940's and it took a WW to stop him

starjack
09-28-2012, 11:39 PM

You want that world to stop being a threat....get out of their business. Quit buying their oil and use the little money we have to come up with renewable solutions, not quick fixes.AND WHAT IS YOURS and do you always have to cuss

gmhr1
10-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I wonder if autopsy results on Chris Stevens will come out before the election?

ARay11
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
another stout prediction:

they will but the media will not report the truth

BonMallari
10-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I wonder if autopsy results on Chris Stevens will come out before the election?

Why should it, that should be private info for the family only, the man died serving his country, we don't need to know the morbid details, it's not CSI

huntinman
10-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Why should it, that should be private info for the family only, the man died serving his country, we don't need to know the morbid details, it's not CSI

Because the media and the administration at first tried to say he died of "smoke inhalation". When in reality, word is much more very rough stuff was done to him. Just more media protection of a failed president.

I agree with you on the family matter... but this is way bigger at this point. Fortunately, we will be rid of Obama by January anyway...

gmhr1
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Because the admin doesn't want us to know the facts it may affect voters it's just more of the cover up .They dont want us to know he was tortured especially when he asked for additional security and it was not provided.