PDA

View Full Version : personality test

murral stark
09-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Here's a link to test what type of personality you have. My employer had us take it. It's pretty interesting. Check it out.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

murral stark
09-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Mine says I am an ESFJ. Be intersted to see what other's results are.

mngundog
09-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Here's a link to test what type of personality you have. My employer had us take it. It's pretty interesting. Check it out.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
My former employer put 350 employees through a 16 hour personality clinic. :(

murral stark
09-26-2012, 09:01 PM
What type of personality did it say you had? It wasn't really mandatory. Just something to see for ourselves what type of personality we had based on the questions asked on the quiz. I have the same personality type of Bill Clinton and Frank Sinatra.

BonMallari
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
What type of personality did it say you had? It wasn't really mandatory. Just something to see for ourselves what type of personality we had based on the questions asked on the quiz. I have the same personality type of Bill Clinton and Frank Sinatra.

so you have a propensity to lie,cheat on women and hang out with nefarious characters....Hopefully your taste in female company is better that Hillary and Mia Farrow.....

Sorry could not resist, it was like a hanging curve ball, had to take a swing at it...

FTR , Frank was the epitome of cool....Bill just thought he was cool

murral stark
09-26-2012, 09:29 PM
so you have a propensity to lie,cheat on women and hang out with nefarious characters....Hopefully your taste in female company is better that Hillary and Mia Farrow.....

Sorry could not resist, it was like a hanging curve ball, had to take a swing at it...

FTR , Frank was the epitome of cool....Bill just thought he was cool

Nice shot. I don't lie and cheat on women. I have hung out with some less desirable characters in my misguided youth. I think my taste in women is a lot better than hillary. I think Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman are pretty attractive women.

Gerry Clinchy
09-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I took the Briggs test a long while ago, and it was much longer than this one ... but I came out the same on this shorter version ... INFJ. However, I was very close to the middle of all the different categories on the long test ... which used a chart for the results.

mngundog
09-26-2012, 09:47 PM
It said I am was a "Red" personality, can't remember that was all that entailed besides being competitive. Ours was mandatory.

Ken Bora
09-26-2012, 10:17 PM
wow! I didn't even know I had a personality!
fun test says I am an ENTJ
Extravert(67%) iNtuitive(56%) iNtuitive Thinking(50%) Judging(78%)IT kinda nailed me...:D
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader
ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.
ENJTs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.
Famous Personalities Sharing Your Type

Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the United States
Margaret Thatcher, the Britain's first female prime minister
John P. Morgan, an American financier and banker
Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple

Norman Vincent Peale, the author of The Power of Positive Thinking

Ken Bora
09-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Mine says I am an ESFJ..... what do your letters stand for?

murral stark
09-26-2012, 10:34 PM
what do your letters stand for?

Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
by Joe Butt
Profile: ESFJ
Revision: 3.1
Date of Revision: 16 Oct 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes.

All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others.

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.

Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

As caretakers, ESFJs sense danger all around--germs within, the elements without, unscrupulous malefactors, insidious character flaws. The world is a dangerous place, not to be trusted. Not that the ESFJ is paranoid; 'hyper-vigilant' would be more precise. And thus they serve excellently as protectors, outstanding in fields such as medical care and elementary education.

Functional Analysis:
Extraverted Feeling
ESFJs live in their Extraverted Feeling functioning. Feeling, a rational (i.e., deciding) function, expresses opinions easily in the E world of objects and people. ESFJs have the ability to express warmth, rage, and a range of other emotions. Actions are encouraged or rebuked based on how they affect other people, especially people near and dear to the ESFJ. This type's vocal decisiveness predisposes many of its number to facility with administration and supervision.
Introverted Sensing
The secondary Sensing function aids and abets the dominant Fe in that sensate data is collected and at once compared with the inner forms or standards. Data on which decisions are made are thus focused and given a contrast which tends to be stronger and clearer than the original stimuli. The strengthening effect of Si on Fe may be responsible for this type's reputation for wearing their "hearts on their sleeves." At any rate, ESFJs reflect the "black and white" view of reality which is common to the SJ types.
Extraverted iNtuition
Intuition is tertiary--as the ESFJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Ne is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Fe function, iNtuition allows for a loosening of the more rigid Si rights and wrongs; teasing and slapstick humor emerge. ESFJs are also capable of discerning patterns and philosophies, but such perceiving is subject to the weakness of the tertiary position, and the results often lack the variety and complexity of connections that more complex systems require.
Introverted Thinking
The inferior Ti function may rarely be expressed. In fact, ESFJs may take affront at the aloof, detached nature of dominant Ti types, or conversely, be drawn to them. Some ESFJs construct rationale which have the appearance of (Jungian) Thinking logic, but under scrutiny are in fact command performances of "Thinking in the service of Feeling," (i.e., Thinking-like conclusions which do not obey the tenets of impersonal logic; they rather construct scenarios from only those "hard, cold facts" which support the conclusion reached by the dominant Extraverted Feeling function. To wit:

You don't sew with a fork, so I see no reason to eat
with knitting needles.
-- Miss Piggy, on eating Chinese Food
Famous ESFJs:
U.S. Presidents:
William McKinley
William J. Clinton
Jack Benny
Desi Arnaz ("Ricky Ricardo")
Don Knotts ("Barney Fife")
John Connally (former Governor of Texas)
Terry Bradshaw, NFL quarterback
Sally Struthers (All in the Family)
Mary Tyler Moore
Dixie Carter (Designing Women)
Steve Spurrier, Heismann trophy winner, Univ. of S.C. football coach
Sally Field
Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon movies, Predator 2)
Margaret Butt
Nancy Kerrigan (U.S. olympic figureskater)
Elvis Stojko (Canadian olympic figureskater)
Rachel McAdams

JDogger
09-26-2012, 10:45 PM
I guess I'll have to be IFTR.:rolleyes:

JD

Novemberwitch
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
ESFJ for me also.

Ken Bora
09-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I guess I'll have to be IFTR.:rolleyes:

JD
and what do your letters stand for?

JDogger
09-26-2012, 11:44 PM
and what do your letters stand for?

Immediately Forgot The Results. My girlfriend in college was a Jungian. She devised these things for me and our dogs. Dogs ended up hunting and eating lizards. Done my best to forget the g'friend too. JD

huntinman
09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Immediately Forgot The Results. My girlfriend in college was a Jungian. She devised these things for me and our dogs. Dogs ended up hunting and eating lizards. Done my best to forget the g'friend too. JD

HaHaHa!! Might be one of your best posts ever...

huntinman
09-27-2012, 12:20 PM
ESFJ for me also.

X3........................

Buzz
09-27-2012, 01:13 PM
ENTP for me.

Generally, ENTPs build successful careers in areas requiring intensive intellectual efforts, calling for creative approach and presenting intellectual challenge. Because of the characteristics mentioned above, ENTPs are often found in research, development and analytical departments. ENTPs often make a very successful career in academia thanks to their strong and versatile way of thinking along with great erudition.

This is strange because I have worked in research, development and analytical departments, as well as in education. Funny that a short little test could figure this out.

[*=left]Michaelangelo
[*=left]Richard Feynman, a physicist and a Nobel Prize winner
[*=left]Thomas Edison, an inventor and entrepreneur
[*=left]Hypatia of Alexandria, a mathematician and philosopher

huntinman
09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
ENTP for me.

Generally, ENTPs build successful careers in areas requiring intensive intellectual efforts, calling for creative approach and presenting intellectual challenge. Because of the characteristics mentioned above, ENTPs are often found in research, development and analytical departments. ENTPs often make a very successful career in academia thanks to their strong and versatile way of thinking along with great erudition.

This is strange because I have worked in research, development and analytical departments, as well as in education. Funny that a short little test could figure this out.

[*=left]Michaelangelo

That's why it's called a "type"... We are what we are to a certain extent...

menmon
09-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice shot. I don't lie and cheat on women. I have hung out with some less desirable characters in my misguided youth. I think my taste in women is a lot better than hillary. I think Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman are pretty attractive women.

Murral I was buying into the good taste in women until you implied Sarah Palin was good looking. She looks like a goose with glasses. Now McCain's wife is a looker. She could probably get me to vote republican.

huntinman
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Murral I was buying into the good taste in women until you implied Sarah Palin was good looking. She looks like a goose with glasses. Now McCain's wife is a looker. She could probably get me to vote republican.

What's your number, I'll ask her to give you a call.

Buzz
09-27-2012, 04:53 PM

Something tells me you prefer blonds.

menmon
09-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Something tells me you prefer blonds.

Yea...married to one.

I took the test, I'm a ENFJ.

So was Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagon and Barack Obama

Maybe I should run for president?

huntinman
09-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Yea...married to one.

I took the test, I'm a ENFJ.

So was Abe Lincoln, Ronald Reagon and Barack Obama

Maybe I should run for president?

there's a mistake in yours... no way is Barack Obama the same personality type as Honest Abe or Ronaldus Magnus.

menmon
09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
That is what I've been trying to make you understand. Obama will go down in history as one of the great presidents.

huntinman
09-27-2012, 05:19 PM
That is what I've been trying to make you understand. Obama will go down in history as one of the great presidents.

Sure...

Pals
09-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Huh---

SAB

and here I thought I was being a good peanut. Crap.

Still A Bitch regards,

BonMallari
09-27-2012, 05:27 PM

In what parallel universe do you live ? I don't know what disturbs me more, the fact that you post such an absurd statement or the possibility that you actually believe it...

murral stark
09-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't care about the glasses. what makes her attractive is the fact that she hunts. Chicks with camo on and a gun in their hands are hot.:p

Ken Bora
09-27-2012, 09:42 PM

I am not saying I like it, BUT. I am typing right now that I agree with Menmon.
Deep breath.....
O.K. lighting did not strike me down, I'm getting a bier.
It's just the revisionis (sp) history we all see right now in the kids textbooks.
Menmon is right.

Ken Bora
09-27-2012, 09:43 PM
I don't care about the glasses. what makes her attractive is the fact that she hunts. Chicks with camo on and a gun in their hands are hot.:p

Dude, stop saying my Mom is hot or I'll have to cuff ya. that is how my Mom dresses like 2/3rds of the year

murral stark
09-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Dude, stop saying my Mom is hot or I'll have to cuff ya. that is how my Mom dresses like 2/3rds of the year

Well, if the shoe fits, wear it. I guess you'll just have to cuff me if we ever meet.:p

Franco
09-27-2012, 09:56 PM
ENTP for me.

[*=left]Michaelangelo

Thomas Edison never invented anything worth 2 cents and is a fraud in regards to being an inventor. What he was good at was marketing and buying and stealing other peoples inventions.

Though this link presents the material in a commical way, Nikola Tesla invented the light bulb as well as AC current and much more.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Terri
09-28-2012, 12:06 AM
ESTJ (Extravert 6%, Sensing 12%, Thinking 12%, Judging 67%). Famous people: Sam Walten, Rev. Billy Graham, and J D Rockefeller. Presidents: G W Bush, L B Johnson, and H Truman.

Terri

Byron Musick
09-28-2012, 08:43 AM
ISTJ Makes sense... Especially the part in BOLD!! :)

ISTJs are often called inspectors. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is a watchword of the ISTJ. The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks is likely to be an ISTJ.

As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.

ISTJs are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach. Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact. The grim determination of the ISTJ vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or an other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them.

His SJ orientation draws the ISTJ into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches -- these are the bastions of the SJ. "We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for many ISTJs. Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are the undoing of SJs, and are to be fought at all costs.

Famous ISTJs:
Thomas (Christ's disciple)
U.S. Presidents:
George Washington
Andrew Johnson
Benjamin Harrison
Herbert Hoover
George H. W. Bush
Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA)
Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete)
Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion

Fictional ISTJs:
Joe Friday
Mr. Martin (hero of James Thurber's Sitting in the Catbird Seat)
Fred Mertz (I Love Lucy)
Puddleglum, the marshwiggle (Chronicles of Narnia)
Cliff (Cheers)

road kill
09-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I hit submit and got an ALERT telling me to stay inside and that the authorities were on the way!!!!:cool:

Also, the letter designations were something to the affect of "BAMF?"
Other BAMF's;
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood
Wyatt Earp
Snake Plisskin
Matt Dillon
Harry Callahan
Hoss Cartwright
Brett Favre
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson