PDA

View Full Version : I'm voting for Obama cause he gave me a phone!!

huntinman
09-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Unreal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio

road kill
09-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Unreal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpAOwJvTOio
Pretty hard to dispute that!!!!!:cool:

twall
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately, it is the reality of what our country has become.

Tom

huntinman
09-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately, it is the reality of what our country has become.

Tom

At least 47% of it anyway...

gmhr1
09-27-2012, 10:57 AM
http://nation.foxnews.com/howard-stern/2012/09/24/howard-stern-exposes-obama-supporters?cmpid=cmty_fb_Gigya_Howard_Stern_Expose s_Obama_Supporters

Pete
09-27-2012, 08:46 PM
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/02/17/president-obama-wants-you-to-have-free-condoms-catholic-church-planned-parenthood/

I'm voting for obama because he is giving me free rubbers

Down East Labs 217
09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
That just shows the education level of the people that are allowed to vote. Obama is giving us ice cream lets vote for him.

murral stark
09-27-2012, 09:05 PM
That will be the next thing that the govt will require. IQ tests with 9 forms of ID(photo), a urine sample, hair sample, pint of blood. Two notarized letters of recommendation from a member of society that is considered to be of unquestionable character, to say you are qualified to vote. HOLY SMOKES!!!! Stop the madness!!!:cool:

Pete
09-27-2012, 09:50 PM
That will be the next thing that the govt will require. IQ tests with 9 forms of ID(photo), a urine sample, hair sample, pint of blood. Two notarized letters of recommendation from a member of society that is considered to be of unquestionable character, to say you are qualified to vote. HOLY SMOKES!!!! Stop the madness!

You know ,,,thats a good idea. I think people should have to pass a logic test in order to vote. I'll bet that would turn the tables drastically.
Pete

Terri
09-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Clark Howard was talking about phone bills today on his radio show and he stated that polls show that cell phone bills are a large family expense. That expense is taking a big chuck of the family budget that was once used for clothes and entertainment. This is how you get votes. Like I have stated before we have not hit bottom yet. God help us.

Terri

JDogger
09-27-2012, 10:28 PM
I'll not vote for Mitt Romney. I do not agree with his, or P. Ryan's message. I have never agreed with the republican message, now or in the forty some-odd years I have voted. I have to admit with being disappointed, not with the message of the democrats, but with their lack of follow through. They cave to readily to the polical pressures that be.

In some forty odd days, I will go to the polls, not vote early, nor absentee. I'll show my ID, sign my name and cast my vote.

I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.

Efforts at restricting voting are being made...they can be overcome.

It's your choice. Show up, or shut up. JD

coachmo
09-27-2012, 10:30 PM
It's sad to think there are people out there with such limited intellect but even sadder that people on here defend them.

JDogger
09-27-2012, 10:38 PM
It's sad to think there are people out there with such limited intellect but even sadder that people on here defend them.

Good reply coachmo, Thank you for the compliment.

Limited regards, JD

coachmo
09-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Anytime! If the shoe fits...

JDogger
09-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Anytime! If the shoe fits...

Classy, yes as Stan would say, very classy...

huntinman
09-27-2012, 10:57 PM
I'll not vote for Mitt Romney. JD

Now, there is a surprise...

JDogger
09-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Now, there is a surprise...

Ahh. the medusa raises her snakey head from the sweaty palms of morpheus to post in the PM when sleep escapes...JD

Good Kill

M&K's Retrievers
09-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll not vote for Mitt Romney......

In some forty odd days, I will go to the polls, not vote early, nor absentee. I'll show my ID, sign my name and cast my vote.

I believe if yo JD

Then why bother, JD? If there are not other things on the ballot that require your attention, why don't you just stay home instead of wasting your time and ballot by voting indirectly for a guy I know you don't care for. Romney ain't great but he's not Obama and can win. Your choice doesn't stand a chance this time around but that's not to say he won't have a good chance in 2016. Hell, if Obama wins, he will figure out a way to run again after his new judges rule presidential term limits unconstitutional. Wouldn't that be the shats? ;-)

Romney is not great. He couldn't even beat the guy that couldn't beat Obama last election. Romney is the only chance we have at getting out of this mess.

Romney, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with regards,

JDogger
09-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Sorry Mike your post does not make sense. No where did I say who I would cast a presidential vote for. I won't stay home. The ballot in my precinct contains many other issues I am concerned with. JD

M&K's Retrievers
09-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry Mike your post does not make sense. No where did I say who I would cast a presidential vote for. I won't stay home. The ballot in my precinct contains many other issues I am concerned with. JD

Sure it makes sense. I said don't bother unless there are other things on the ballot you should address. If there is then by all means get after it. You said you were not voting for Romney. That leaves Obama, Gary Johnson or a write-in, either of which results in a vote for Obama.

coachmo
09-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Jdogger,
just factual that's all. You thank me for posting a comment and I reply then I'm not being classy enough for you. Wow, you really hurt my feelings. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Franco
09-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Enjoy;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV8P-vib5n8&sns=em

road kill
09-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Classy, yes as Stan would say, very classy...
Often imitated, never duplicated!!:cool:

Just sayin'...........

Pete
09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Just think. 47 percent of america think like she does. (.(.(. Those include a few who post here regularly. We're screwed

Gerry Clinchy
09-28-2012, 08:59 AM
The "kicker" is that the place to sign up for the phone is www.Obamaphone.net (http://www.Obamaphone.net) And there are 12-1/2 million of them out there!

If the cell phone is in lieu of a land line, it might be a "savings" if the public assistance previously provided a land line.

Romney is not great. He couldn't even beat the guy that couldn't beat Obama last election. Romney is the only chance we have at getting out of this mess.

The fact that Romney could not get the 2008 nomination away from McCain really doesn't prove that McCain was the better nominee. I can recall that McCain was trailing until the 11th hour of the primaries. I don't believe that people chose McCain ... I think they un-chose the rest of the field.

Personally, I had no idea who Romney really was in 2008. The MA universal health care issue probably worked against him as well. There IS a difference between MAHealth, as proposed by Romney, (and then modified by a Dem legislature and then again modified by the Dem Gov who succeeded Romney & the Dem legislature to make it unsustainable) and Obamacare.

Truly, probably nobody could have beaten Obama in 2008 ... the scenario is quite different this time. If he wins this time, we really are in deep doo-doo. People wanted to believe that Obama was what his rhetoric promised he was.

Romney may not be the best chance to unravel the mess (v. a more Libertarian approach) ...but he sure has to be better than Obama. I can't imagine that ANYone could make a worse botch of foreign policy than O has done (Bush and Clinton aren't running). Not even the Dems would vote for the budgets presented by the President. And the stimulus spent more funds preserving public sector jobs than creating opportunity for new wealth to be generated.

Higher income taxes during a sluggish economy never have worked. As taxes become confiscatory, people find more ways to evade them. I do wonder how many people on unemployment have "cash" jobs while they're collecting UE. I saw this happened back in the 70s, and know of it happening now. The tougher times get, the more likely it is to occur. No matter how much they tax the wealthy, it is likely that the gross revenues will decrease.

gmhr1
09-28-2012, 09:00 AM
these are the people that will vote for Obama they should really make you worry. They dont know Osama is dead they think MCcain is running, and Paul Ryan is white. They only vote for obama because hes black and going to give them FREE stuff. Obama will bus them to vote in by the thousands! The median income for blacks fell 11% under Obama even Jay-z (obamas bff) says we would be better with a smaller govt but he just has to vote for obama because hes black.

HPL
09-28-2012, 09:53 PM
That will be the next thing that the govt will require. IQ tests with 9 forms of ID(photo), a urine sample, hair sample, pint of blood. Two notarized letters of recommendation from a member of society that is considered to be of unquestionable character, to say you are qualified to vote. HOLY SMOKES!!!! Stop the madness!!!:cool:

Well, knowing where I fall on the bell curve, I really wouldn't mind taking that test, but as for the blood, I really hate needles.

Marvin S
09-28-2012, 10:05 PM
The cell phone, IPad thing was on CNBC :cool: with Maria Bartiromo, she could not believe this was happening :).

Ken Bora
09-29-2012, 08:07 AM
........ I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.........
Jd

....wow!
:(

ARay11
09-29-2012, 10:18 AM
these are the people that will vote for Obama they should really make you worry. They dont know Osama is dead they think MCcain is running, and Paul Ryan is white. They only vote for obama because hes black and going to give them FREE stuff. Obama will bus them to vote in by the thousands! The median income for blacks fell 11% under Obama even Jay-z (obamas bff) says we would be better with a smaller govt but he just has to vote for obama because hes black.

agree 10000000%. Obama will call them up on election day (on their free phones), send the bus to pick them up, and take them to the polls by the thousands. We do not stand a chance. The media is in on the gig, too. (no shock). They are already saying Romney is trailing by over 14% in the swing states.... they know what's coming. All the while, my circle of aquaintences, friends, and family are all aligned with either Romney or writing in Ron Paul (yes, a total waste in my worthless opinion).

Time to plan the garden for Spring, and buy a few more cattle. Clean out the cellar. Stock up. Might not hurt to buy up penicillin, and other basic antibiotics. Going to try to stay employed. Save as much and spend as little as possible although I am not sure what good it will do when the dollar isn't worth a dime.

Sorry for the rant... but listening to those recordings of the 47% being bussed to the polls with no idea of who they are voting for or why.... well, there are more of them than there are of me so I know I stand on the losing side. :(

gmhr1
09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
We cant beat them they are the new America and Obama wants to give it all to them. My friends are stock piling food, water, guns and a safe . They are not happy about 4 more yrs of obama . We can survive him but can we survive the 47% .

huntinman
09-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Buck up dammit!!!! It's not over till the day after the election and the counting is done. The media wants you to think it's over. Get out there and kick that loser's a$$. It's time to take our country back. They may have the 47%.... But it is not 50% plus 1 yet. Snap out of it... All we have to do is keep talking about his ACTUAL RECORD OF TOTAL FAILURE!!!

PS... just look at this forum as an example... if we had a vote today, who do you think would win? It sure as hell wouldn't be Obama...

gmhr1
09-29-2012, 11:53 AM
I know the media is trying to create this, its over dont even go vote because Obama is going to win. Dont worry I'm voting and everyone I know is for Romney/Ryan. I would live to see us give Obama the boot. First debate is Wed Obamas people are already saying bo is pretty rusty dont expect much, and he wont have a teleprompter so he will have to actually think that may be hard for him to do last time he went off he script all the "You didnt build this " came out so who knows what he may say when he has to talk to someone other than the View. I'm Really praying we dont have to have him for 4 more yrs.

huntinman
09-29-2012, 12:04 PM
It's all about getting out the vote. Take a neighbor, friend, relative (dead or alive) anyone to the polling place with you. If we all double it up, it will make a difference.

ARay11
09-29-2012, 12:31 PM
ok wait a sec... no teleprompter during a debate?? are you sure??? this could get good.....

no worries bill... I will be casting my vote for sure. It is discouraging that Oklahoma will vote R but it may not matter.

charly_t
09-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Buck up dammit!!!! It's not over till the day after the election and the counting is done. The media wants you to think it's over. Get out there and kick that loser's a$$. It's time to take our country back. They may have the 47%.... But it is not 50% plus 1 yet. Snap out of it... All we have to do is keep talking about his ACTUAL RECORD OF TOTAL FAILURE!!!

PS... just look at this forum as an example... if we had a vote today, who do you think would win? It sure as hell wouldn't be Obama...

Good post. We shouldn't let the trash talk get to us.

huntinman
09-29-2012, 12:53 PM
ok wait a sec... no teleprompter during a debate?? are you sure??? this could get good.....

no worries bill... I will be casting my vote for sure. It is discouraging that Oklahoma will vote R but it may not matter.

No, it matters... We have to get them in the national, state and local elections. We must win at every level. Even dogcatcher. All the way up and down the ballot, we have to start turning this ship around before it sinks. Start throwing out the sorry judges at the local level. Do everything you can... repeat 2010 and even more so...

gmhr1
09-29-2012, 12:55 PM
The news is reporting no teleprompter maybe thats why they are saying not to expect to much from bo I dont know if he can talk without one. Should be fun to watch!

ARay11
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I will definitely be tuned in on weds.

ARay11
09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
No, it matters... We have to get them in the national, state and local elections. We must win at every level. Even dogcatcher. All the way up and down the ballot, we have to start turning this ship around before it sinks. Start throwing out the sorry judges at the local level. Do everything you can... repeat 2010 and even more so...

you're absolutely right.... even if we cant win the presidency, we can flood him with our kinda people :D

huntinman
09-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Maybe he'll send the chair instead...

charly_t
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Maybe he'll send the chair instead...

Good one ! VBG.

ARay11
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
obama w/o a teleprompter vs 47%Romney (you know they will bring that up)
is like watching a nascar race....everybody will be tuning in to see if there's a big wreck :-P

JDogger
09-29-2012, 01:33 PM
....wow!
:(

Just trying to stay on theme

Gerry Clinchy
09-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Here's an interesting article about the free cell phones ... and how we pay for them through the "Federal Universal Service Fee" on all our phone bills. That's $1.35 on my phone bill. I've always wondered what that fee was for. I also pay a "Federal Subscriber Line and Access Recovery Charge" of $6.20 each month. I wonder what the heck that is for?!! The cost for my phone line, itself is only $6.87. Thus the Federal govt is taking as much in "taxes" on my phone line as the actual cost of the service! Does that boggle the mind?

"Obamaphones" actually should be called "Reaganphones" ... the program began for land lines under Reagan, when people could show "need" due to medical conditions, etc. There are now 12.5 million free cell phones out there. If there are 300 million in our population, that means about 4% of the population have free phones. Of course, if we assume that the population under the age of 5 probably doesn't need one, the %-age would be higher. We might also be able to eliminate all people in prison and in full-care nursing homes.

An enlightening article:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/your_universal_service_fee_at_work.html

The article also raises the issue of the program soliciting participants with the name of Obama. The article reports that the website "Obamaphone.net" used to lead to the govt website for the program. The "Obamaphone.net" is now being taken down. This even riled a Democrat .. who was solicited for the program even though she is a multimillionaire :-)

Just how extensively has this program been marketed? Here is how one multimillionaire Democrat Senate from a swing state reports how she became a critic of the program. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/28/viral-video-touting-obama-phone-puts-spotlight-on-16-billion-federal-program/#ixzz27uA4bqCV)
Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., received a mailed solicitation last year informing her she was eligible for a phone, leading her to question the program.

"I am troubled by the expansive potential for the program to be abused," McCaskill wrote the FCC in December.

No kidding.

Brandoned
09-30-2012, 08:42 AM
I'll not vote for Mitt Romney. I do not agree with his, or P. Ryan's message. I have never agreed with the republican message, now or in the forty some-odd years I have voted. I have to admit with being disappointed, not with the message of the democrats, but with their lack of follow through. They cave to readily to the polical pressures that be.

I believe if you can't make your way to your polling place on the day of voting, your vote should not be counted. This goes for everyone. Early...absentee...military... One man, one vote. Too many exceptions are made.

Efforts at restricting voting are being made...they can be overcome.

It's your choice. Show up, or shut up. JD

Question for you then! I work for an airline and I already know I am going to be out of town for 3 days during the election, so should I not be allowed to vote? I mean I do already know how my state results are already going to turn out, but I would still like to cast my vote.

Ken Bora
09-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Just trying to stay on theme

when did thinking goofy thoughts and placing fingers on a keyboard become a "theme":rolleyes:??????????????????

Ken Bora
09-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Question for you then! I work for an airline and I already know I am going to be out of town for 3 days during the election, so should I not be allowed to vote? I mean I do already know how my state results are already going to turn out, but I would still like to cast my vote.

oh, you work? well if one person running does not care about a, what was it now 47% I guess that by default you are in the 53% that the incumbent cares not about. must be that only those sitting at home sucking off of the government nipple. talking on the free telephone while watching the view, need to vote. silly me

Brian Cockfield
09-30-2012, 09:56 AM

Wow! Even Military huh? Have you ever served in the Military? If so, have you ever been deployed to a war zone?

Brandoned
09-30-2012, 10:18 AM
oh, you work? well if one person running does not care about a, what was it now 47% I guess that by default you are in the 53% that the incumbent cares not about. must be that only those sitting at home sucking off of the government nipple. talking on the free telephone while watching the view, need to vote. silly me

Yes sir Ken sad to say I am one of the idiots in the 53% that actually works! Guess because I will be out of town during the elcetion I shouldn't be allowed to vote either... Like Brian said, even the poor millitary I guess shouldn't be allowed to vote!?!? I noticed he even said "one man one vote", I guess he doesn't even want to women to vote, WOW! I learn something new everyday I guess.

gmhr1
09-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Brandon, we vote absentee. is it possible for you to vote early? I would call your local voting area and ask what you can do. They are making it very difficult for the miitary to vote because they wont (most) vote for bo. They are fighting and dying for us I think we could make it easier for them to vote always have in the past but not under this sneaky guy.

JimmyD
09-30-2012, 10:46 AM
I want me an OBAMA-PHONE...We are a nation that is a NEST OF IDIOTS.

gmhr1
09-30-2012, 10:57 AM
The phone is nothing whose going to pay the bill each month?

JDogger
09-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Wow! Even Military huh? Have you ever served in the Military? If so, have you ever been deployed to a war zone?

Yes, but at that time the vote was not extended to those under 21. That came after my service.

The 'theme', Ken of this thread and several others is voter literacy and the need to prevent fraud by requiring photo voter ID. My sarcastic comment earlier was to point that if wide spread voter fraud is to be addressed at the polls it should also be addressed to the other voter venues

JD

huntinman
09-30-2012, 02:52 PM
The phone is nothing whose going to pay the bill each month?

You and evryone who actually pays for their cell phones pays about $7 a month to provide these leeches with free phones (and free minutes) they don't pay anything for it....

helencalif
10-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Working the system...

Our neighbor helped her 90 year old mother apply for an Obama cell phone with free minutes. Her 90 year old mother can't handle answering her land line phone, let alone use a cell phone.

The cell phone and its minutes went to the daughter, of course.

duckhnt
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
That was hilarious and sad all at the same time!