PDA

View Full Version : What I did today

HPL
09-28-2012, 11:32 PM
This afternoon I had the privilege of photographing fourteen of our nations newest naval aviators receiving their wings. Twelve young men who, during a time of armed conflict, stood up and said "send me, I'll go". I get to do this about every two weeks. Sometimes, like today, it's all men, sometimes (like two weeks ago) we also have women warriors. Today, the class consisted of seven marines, six naval officers, and one coastguardsman. They hailed from nine different states. All had family that had come to stand up in front of other families to pin gold wings on their son's/husband's/brother's/grandson's/nephew's chests. Some of the mom's cried with pride, all smiled and hugged and kissed the newly designated aviators. It is a marvelous thing to see and take part in. It is one of the things that tells me that our country does not need fundamental change. We are not perfect, but we still get more right than we get wrong. I, for one, have always been proud of our country.

coachmo
09-29-2012, 12:06 AM
That should give everyone reason to pause and think about the sacrifices and selfless acts performed by the select few for the rest of us. Thanks for the reminder.

ARay11
09-29-2012, 11:20 AM
amen and God be with them all.