PDA

View Full Version : Debate Prediction

menmon
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I predict that Romney will attempt to be offensive but end up defending his flawed position. While the experts say that Obama has to just not make any mistakes....I predict he will be offensive spelling out the benefits of obamacare and his economic policy. End result...Obama goes up in the polls and Romney gets desperate.

dixidawg
10-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I predict both will claim victory.

Ken Bora
10-02-2012, 11:30 AM
I predict that, just as Hillary did, Mitt will make the President get miffed by staying on point.
while I am sure his handlers will tell him what to do. If we get to see a huffy, no teleprompter president.
It will get good.
I predict ABC, CBS and NBC will say the President won and that FOX News (fair and balanced) will say Mitt won.
I predict more people will watch jersey snore than the debates.

Brian Cockfield
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree with Ken; pretty much verbatim.

duckhnt
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
The only way Mitt can get ahead is to make Obama visibly mad to the audience...otherwise put a stick in him

ARay11
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
MY PREDICTION:

The press will claim victory for Obama

The "technical" debaters will claim triumph for Romney.

Both will make huge glaring blunders.
(media will only notice those made by Romney)

Obama will emerge as the "people's president" because he will say something in street slang.
Romney will look like the elitist that he is... he just can't help it, at some point he will come across as condescending and judgemental.

Big Winner: Big Government

Big Loser: American Public.

charly_t
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
MY PREDICTION:

The press will claim victory for Obama

The "technical" debaters will claim triumph for Romney.

Both will make huge glaring blunders.
(media will only notice those made by Romney)

Obama will emerge as the "people's president" because he will say something in street slang.
Romney will look like the elitist that he is... he just can't help it, at some point he will come across as condescending and judgemental.

Big Winner: Big Government

Big Loser: American Public.

I think you got it right.

gmhr1
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
CNN is so upset now because Obama has lost his convention bump. Obama can lose his cool when he's provoked, But the press will side with him no matter what. If he doesnt do well its because he's been so busy ( with Letterman and the View)

menmon
10-02-2012, 02:26 PM
You must not be looking at the same polls the rest of us are

Blackstone
10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Based upon what I have seen of both men in previous debates, I would have to give the edge to Obama in oral skills. I think the one who can remain cool and calm will come out on top. I think it will depend on who gets under whose skin 1st.

gmhr1
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
CNN. poll. Obama. 50. Romney 47. Margin of error 3%. Poor blitzer he was freaking out CNN has had Obama in a big lead. I don't watch CNN but I tuned in just in time and I dont put a lot of trust in polls especially when they use 2008 as their model.

Gerry Clinchy
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Both sides are saying their own guy could lose the first debate ... each side preparing their supporters for the worst :-)

When Obama is caught off-guard, his blunders could be large ... as in the Univision interview when he blatantly said F&F was a Bush operation stopped by wonderful Holder. In a debate, that would (I hope) instantly be clarified by his opponent. Univision let him get away with it.

If only Romney would take a page out of Obama's book. In the last election debates when Obama was cornered, his reply would be, "That simply isn't true," and change the subject. He never explained why "it" wasn't true (he couldn't, since it was true). If Obama throws Romneycare in R's face, that is the answer, "That simply isn't true." While it is true, it would take too much time in their 60-90 sec spots to explain. Obama may not understand Obamacare either! Remember? "If you like your plan, you can keep it." Not ... unless you were favored with a "get out of jail free card" (waiver).

As far as I can see, Obama has presented no new ideas for economic recovery for a 2nd term. Just more of the same. Did I miss something?

Romney could hit paydirt with foreign policy based on current events in the ME. We might get to hear Obama bring up that video again :-)

gmhr1
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
B0 says practicing for the debates are a drag. Poor guy he has better things to do.

mjh345
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I predict that Romney will attempt to be offensive but end up defending his flawed position. While the experts say that Obama has to just not make any mistakes....I predict he will be offensive spelling out the benefits of obamacare and his economic policy. End result...Obama goes up in the polls and Romney gets desperate.
No predictions, Dixiedog got it right
just Kudos on the Am 3rd this weekend!!

gman0046
10-02-2012, 05:47 PM
No way Romney can lose the debate. All he has to do is point out the failed Obongolo programs, !6 Trillion in debit, 23 million Americans out of work, 15 million more on food stamps, decrease in the GDP, 43 months of unemployment over 8%, failed foreign policy and the Libya cover up. How could Obongolo defend himself? The answer is he can't. Even Biden said today the middle class has been buried the last four years. What great fodder for Romney. Wednesday night the Kenyans goose is cooked. Lets send Obongolo back to Africa. I'm voting for the American!

Ken Bora
10-02-2012, 08:35 PM
........... I think it will depend on who gets under whose skin 1st.

You are a smart Man! I agree.

Ken Bora
10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
No way Romney can lose the debate.

way!
anything can happen, brain freeze, bad make up (Nixon) bad questions.
like we all say at the line, "dogs will be dogs"? or like when you playchess
with a better player. It may not be you won, but that the other guy lost.
if you catch the way I'm drifting?

murral stark
10-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I predict that which ever one can think the fastest on their feet will win, and which ever one has the smoothest delivery of their respective answers.

BrettG
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Whomever wins America still loses!

Franco
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Whomever wins America still loses!

True dat!;)

BonMallari
10-02-2012, 11:33 PM
personally think way too much emphasis is being put into the debates..starting with the R primary debates..I think I watched most of them and after the first two there wasnt anything profound..all we heard about what what if Newt could debate BHO, what a bloodbath it would be..Well that aint happening

Neither candidate is going to give us a straight answer because no one will ask them the tough questions..BHO is going to give us the slick community organizer BS spiel that has worked for the last 4 years..Mitt will try his best to talk tough but its not his strong suit

If the electorate has to be convinced based on a debate hosted by a news organization then they havent been paying attention....I mean is your choice going to be ant different after the debate ? highly doubt it...

Just once I would like to see a no holds barred in your face exchange, but we all know that will never happen..

roseberry
10-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Neither candidate is going to give us a straight answer because no one will ask them the tough questions..BHO is going to give us the slick community organizer BS spiel that has worked for the last 4 years..Mitt will try his best to talk tough but its not his strong suit

Just once I would like to see a no holds barred in your face exchange, but we all know that will never happen..

bon,

i am going to suggest we get lanse brown on the scene to ask one critical question in the debate where citizens are afforded the opportunity to question the candidates. obama has recently weighed in on college football playoffs and nfl referee strikes!

before we commit our votes, i think we all need to know where both candidates stand on "being able to see your damn dog from the mat to the bird while running a blind in competition." mid east unrest.....so what its always been restless there? healthcare......get a job with benie's! 47% on foodstamps.......no wonder food costs too much? unemployment......shmunemployment!

want real debate, TALK ABOUT ISSUES THAT MATTER!

duckhnt
10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
BHO is much too polished in a debates and as an orator...Romney doesnt stand a chance, he stunk during the Republican debates in the first place...

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
BHO is much too polished in a debates and as an orator......

I um must um have um not um heard um the um same um speaches um you um have um heard um um um
:D

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 10:08 AM
You you all just wait. Your gonna be watchin' this eve and after a few min in as you note the speaking style.
UM
your gonna be thinking "gosh darn that Bora":p

huntinman
10-03-2012, 10:10 AM
BHO is much too polished in a debates and as an orator...Romney doesnt stand a chance, he stunk during the Republican debates in the first place...

Is Romney debating the teleprompter?

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Is Romney debating the teleprompter?

note quite
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MAgZuSdwvqo/UESvPLF43wI/AAAAAAAASo4/CwLtC5JeyEE/s1600/Empty%2BChair%2BMonday.jpg

huntinman
10-03-2012, 10:16 AM
note quite
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MAgZuSdwvqo/UESvPLF43wI/AAAAAAAASo4/CwLtC5JeyEE/s1600/Empty%2BChair%2BMonday.jpg

HaHaHa!!!!!

road kill
10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
The bigger question is which "dialect" will Obama use tonight??????

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 11:25 AM
The bigger question is which "dialect" will Obama use tonight??????

oh come on, it's funny when tries his rural southern talk. and his cool street gangsta talk was mocked by gosh her name escapes me. The short black pop singer girl. and then he can slip into old style Chicago politition with ease. One could say, he speaks with more than one tongue. :p :p

I kill me!!!!!:cool:

gmhr1
10-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Next week Paul Ryan debate against Blunder Joe! Vice President Biden said Tuesday that the middle class has been "buried the last four years" -- a practically gift-wrapped gaffe that Republicans immediately grabbed to hammer President Obama on the eve of the first presidential debate.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/02/biden-says-middle-class-buried-last-4-years-republicans-pounce/#ixzz28FskDSX1

charly_t
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I got a sort of different view of how these debates should go. Sound proof booths with no feed from outside sounds. Ask each one the very same question via ear phones. Each candidate should not hear the other ones answers. No help by their party nor anyone else. No teleprompters etc. Then and only then do you let them out to debate each other. Of course we would need more than one hour :-) Let 'em get worn out and upset. Lets see what they are made of. One needs to give them enouigh rope to hang themselves.

Franco
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
CNN's coverage of tonight's debate will have a different element to it unless the other networks are going to pick up on what CNN is introducing.

CNN will have instant Fact Check on the what the candidates claim tonight!

gman0046
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Bora, whats with the insults to those of us that live in the South? Southerners like myself speak English not kenyan or ebonics like Obongolo does. What else would you expect from the likes of Obongolo. Its time real Americans take back our country and send him back where he belongs.

gmhr1
10-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Cnn msnbc are two of the WORST!

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Bora, whats with the insults to those of us that live in the South? Southerners like myself speak English ........
Reminds me of the first time I watched Allan Pleasant run a dog. Before that time I never realized “Back” could be a three syllable word.

JimmyD
10-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Obama is lost without his teleprompter. He emphasizes every other word and conjunction to create confussion. Nuero-linguistic programming not working tonight Mr. President. He's not able to brain wash anyone with any measurable intelligence. He said the Goverments primary responsible is to keep us safe. NO the goverment should fear the people. That is the definition of liberty and freedom. The goverment's primary function is to due the will of the people.

gmhr1
10-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Obamas not to smart and he surrounds himself with stupid people if its not written down for him he doesn't know what to say. Romney referenced the buried middle class, Thanks joe biden ! Pack your bags Obama

Daniel J Simoens
10-03-2012, 10:14 PM
"Obama better hope Obamacare covers an ass kicking" - Dennis Miller

huntinman
10-03-2012, 10:30 PM
"Obama better hope Obamacare covers an ass kicking" - Dennis Miller

Quote of the night!!

Ken Bora
10-03-2012, 10:34 PM
of the two
one looked presidential, a lot
one looked at the floor, a lot
oh Menmon, spin it please:D

JDogger
10-03-2012, 10:42 PM
of the two
one looked presidential, a lot
one looked at the floor, a lot
oh Menmon, spin it please:D

To me neither looked Presidential.
It was a waste of time.
JD
But please, spin it anyway

BonMallari
10-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Wonder if BHO did his best Apollo Creed impersonation after the debate and whispered to Romney " ain't gonna be no rematch" because like in the movie he got his a zzz kicked and he knows it

Rick_C
10-03-2012, 11:38 PM
It was a waste of time.
JD

Because your guy lost...

JDogger
10-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Because your guy lost...

There was no winner nor loser in the debate other than "we lost". We will continue to "lose" if these are the choices we are given.

JD

It's not a football game....

helencalif
10-04-2012, 01:41 AM
We can expect the Democrats to come back with some brutal personal attacks on Romney to make up for the poor showing by Obama.

I am looking forward to the VP debate next week. It should be real interesting.

Jacob Hawkes
10-04-2012, 05:31 AM
You must not be looking at the same polls the rest of us are

Considering your prediction, you must not be looking @ the same sky as us.

Jacob Hawkes
10-04-2012, 05:34 AM

LOL. Really? You sure about that one? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

huntinman
10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
There was no winner nor loser in the debate other than "we lost". We will continue to "lose" if these are the choices we are given.

JD

Enough with the crying about "the choices"!! These two are it. Either get in the game or get out.

Ken Bora
10-04-2012, 07:45 AM
There was no winner ....

it is odd that so many on the "R" side are crying yee ha over the victory.
and so many on the "D" side are not, or saying like above there was no victory.
even the "D"'s most trusted "news" reporter chris mathews said the President lost.
and if that feller cannot find a way to spin it, it cannot be spun.

Kyle Kitchens
10-04-2012, 08:18 AM
This is hilarious. Every Obama supporter says "there is no winner" or "our choices suck". Just swallow your pride and admit that Romney is the best man for the job and let's start making some progress. Don't be idiots and vote for Obama out of pride when he clearly isn't the man for the job.

Dustin D
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
I am looking forward to the VP debate next week. It should be real interesting.

Yea it'll be interesting alright. If I were them, I'd send Biden in with an E-collar on his neck. It's the only way to keep him from eating Foot Soup. He'll say something stupid, always does and if were lucky, he might even curse @ Ryan LOL!

Ken Bora
10-04-2012, 08:38 AM
......even the "D"'s most trusted "news" reporter chris mathews said the President lost.
and if that feller cannot find a way to spin it, it cannot be spun.

ooo and "D" pittbull James Carville just said the same???? That Mitt won! if both Carville and Mathews say it, it must be true.

JimmyD
10-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Hopefully Obama and his nest of idiots (Biden) will be fired on election day. If he had a real job, based on his poor job performance he would be unemployed like the millions of Americans that are out of work.

M&K's Retrievers
10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
It was a waste of time.
JD

JD

JD, maybe you saw what you wanted to see.

ARay11
10-04-2012, 09:09 AM
you you all just wait. Your gonna be watchin' this eve and after a few min in as you note the speaking style.
um
your gonna be thinking "gosh darn that bora":p

ken bora.... Me & u is gonna fight! Lol!!!
I um thought uf you uhh and your uh well your um prediction.... Aaaaarrrrggghh~!! :-p

HPL
10-04-2012, 09:12 AM
I thought the interesting thing about the post game shows was that although there seemed to be a consensus that Romney won the debate, the less conservative pundits were sure that it was not because there was anything wrong with Obama's policies or job performance, but because he was expecting a polite "townhall meeting" atmosphere and Romney brought a chainsaw (an actual quote, but I can't remember who said it, Carville, maybe). The most interesting stuff was on PBS where they were trying to save the night by saying what they thought the "correct" responses to Romney's attacks should have been and that the president simply thought that the American public was too smart to have to have things explained in detail to them. Really a bit unsettling.

On an aside, what's the deal with Carville? Really scary looking. Almost cadaverous. Thought he was going to start foaming at the mouth any minute.

huntinman
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I thought the interesting thing about the post game shows was that although there seemed to be a consensus that Romney won the debate, the less conservative pundits were sure that it was not because there was anything wrong with Obama's policies or job performance, but because he was expecting a polite "townhall meeting" atmosphere and Romney brought a chainsaw (an actual quote, but I can't remember who said it, Carville, maybe). The most interesting stuff was on PBS where they were trying to save the night by saying what they thought the "correct" responses to Romney's attacks should have been and that the president simply thought that the American public was too smart to have to have things explained in detail to them. Really a bit unsettling.

On an aside, what's the deal with Carville? Really scary looking. Almost cadaverous. Thought he was going to start foaming at the mouth any minute.

Hasn't he always been??

Gerry Clinchy
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
The most interesting stuff was on PBS where they were trying to save the night by saying what they thought the "correct" responses to Romney's attacks should have been and that the president simply thought that the American public was too smart to have to have things explained in detail to them. Really a bit unsettling.

Post-debate, Obama supporters felt that O should have thrown in the stuff about Bain Capital and the 47% stuff ... typical of the campaign ads. Maybe O is smarter than we think ... Romney could easily have deflected that stuff (something that can't be done with a 30-second campaign ad where Romney doesn't get to respond). Romney deflecting that kind of campaign puffery would have made O look even worse, I think.