PDA

View Full Version : Just got our UnitedHealthcare ax.

Uncle Bill
10-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Got the message in the mail, awaiting my return from duck hunting. Our Medicare Advantage plan we've been under for 5 years is no longer being made available in our state, or at least that's what we were told when visiting on the phone with the UnitedHealthcare representative this morning. So now we are being told we need to enter a different program and buy a Medigap policy.

We were told Obamacare would cause many healthcare suppliers to eliminate their Advantage programs so many of us seniors were on. Of course AARP has been a big proponent of eliminating the Advantage programs in favor of the Medigap policies, because it pays them a huge percentage every month. AARP has been exposed by Jim DeMint's special report that all should be aware of...especially if you are a member of AARP. Read about this now:

http://www.demint.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=JimsBlog&ContentRecord_id=c4b85d2c-7490-462e-ac7f-9f7ffa15b9d5

If any of you have been also 'terminated' by the upcoming possibility of Obamacare, I'd appreciate what program you are contemplating for your coverage.

UB

gmhr1
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry but this is what we CAN ALL LOOK forward to :-x obamacare

ARay11
10-04-2012, 06:31 PM
doing serious research into my family background. looking for health problems? no. looking for money? no.
Looking for Indian blood so we can try to get a CDIB card and exempt ourselves from what Obamacare brings. YES

charly_t
10-04-2012, 08:39 PM
doing serious research into my family background. looking for health problems? no. looking for money? no.
Looking for Indian blood so we can try to get a CDIB card and exempt ourselves from what Obamacare brings. YES

I don't have the link handy but "Access genealogy" is good for searching Native American lines in at least some cases. So far the Dawes searches have not cost me anything. Some things have a cost. Good luck.

Marvin S
10-04-2012, 10:22 PM
If any of you have been also 'terminated' by the upcoming possibility of Obamacare, I'd appreciate what program you are contemplating for your coverage. UB

We just joined AMAC - don't know what is available under their auspices - but we looked at joining Group Death (local) when I was at Boeing - chose to stay with choosing our own doctor & paying 20% + a deductible every year - so when we went on Medicare their was very little change - we still self insure the 20% which is not all that bad after Medicare drops the bill by roughly 70% - & pays 80% of the remainder. Good luck - changing doctors is not as easy as it used to be :(.

ARay11
10-05-2012, 11:40 AM
The Dawes searches have been amazingly helpful. So far, only one line left to search... and then it's on to my husband's family. I am determined to solidify my kids ability to receive proper healthcare.

gmhr1
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
You better call the WH because Joe Biden said last night that you WILL Not lose medicare advantage.

Uncle Bill
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
You better call the WH because Joe Biden said last night that you WILL Not lose medicare advantage.

That worthless yahoo won't take my calls.:rolleyes:

Humana is sending a rep to our house Friday afternoon so we can get on board with their program. It's primarily needed for my wife, since being a DAV, my healthcare is handled by the VA. I like to carry a card for supplemental coverage, however, since the VA isn't always available when I'm traveling or hunting.

UB