PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow, Oct, 10, hearing on attack on our Libyan consulate

helencalif
10-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Tomorrow is the congressional hearing on the attack on our consulate and the murders of our ambassador and 3 other Americans.

The American people should know what happened, why it happened, and why there was no security.

Helen

M&K's Retrievers
10-09-2012, 02:36 PM
It will all come out in the open. Remember this is the transparent administration. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 07:00 PM
will this be on cspan?

road kill
10-09-2012, 07:17 PM
So, if Obama throws Hillary under the bus, the Clinton machine gets busy.

Talk about a rock and a hard place!!

Vince Foster regards.................

BonMallari
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
dog and pony show...gonna be just like in the Godfather, where you will get a couple of Congresspersons grandstanding, others will be shrinking violets,lots of denials, lots of accusations and ineundos....and what will be lost in all the fray is that four Americans lost their lives needlessly at the hands of some savages who should be eliminated from the face of the earth

huntinman
10-09-2012, 07:45 PM
dog and pony show...gonna be just like in the Godfather, where you will get a couple of Congresspersons grandstanding, others will be shrinking violets,lots of denials, lots of accusations and ineundos....and what will be lost in all the fray is that four Americans lost their lives needlessly at the hands of some savages who should be eliminated from the face of the earth

Bon, that's not nice... Franco says it's our fault that they hate us... We should try leaving them be... Oh, wait. Wasn't the Ambassador there to help them?

BonMallari
10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Bon, that's not nice... Franco says it's our fault that they hate us... We should try leaving them be... Oh, wait. Wasn't the Ambassador there to help them?

Oh I forgot...and those picture were actually concerned Libyans trying to carry the Ambassador to get medical attention...those must be the same guys that were trying to get Kadafy a ride back to the Presidential palace:rolleyes:

How much you wanna bet that some jerk of a Congressperson will try and infer that the Ambassador ignored warnings from the State Dept to leave the area

Franco
10-09-2012, 08:23 PM

You have zero credibility. On the Romney Foreign Policy thread I asked you what your policy in the mideast would be and you never responded, you just danced around it. Yes they are a crude peoples and I say they are not worth our blood or treasure!

Why in hell would we even have a Consulate in Libya? These are the same people that cheered the Lockerbee bomber when he returned to Libya after being released by Scotland Yard! You just don't get it. They don't want us there just like the Vietnamesse didn't want us in thier country. Just like the Saudis, the Afganastanees, the Iraqis, the Egyptians don't want us there though they will take our money and laugh about it. . They don't want to be like us and they like being sheep. It is not the will of thier people and for you to continue to support a dysfunctional Foreign Policy just demonstartes how much you don't know!

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
We know the admin lied so now what will happen? Nothing until after the election

BonMallari
10-09-2012, 10:05 PM
You have zero credibility. On the Romney Foreign Policy thread I asked you what your policy in the mideast would be and you never responded, you just danced around it. Yes they are a crude peoples and I say they are not worth our blood or treasure!

Why in hell would we even have a Consulate in Libya? These are the same people that cheered the Lockerbee bomber when he returned to Libya after being released by Scotland Yard! You just don't get it. They don't want us there just like the Vietnamesse didn't want us in thier country. Just like the Saudis, the Afganastanees, the Iraqis, the Egyptians don't want us there though they will take our money and laugh about it. . They don't want to be like us and they like being sheep. It is not the will of thier people and for you to continue to support a dysfunctional Foreign Policy just demonstartes how much you don't know!

because its considered neutral ground and all communiques both official and non official channels go thru the consulate..in order to recognize a country here, they agree to have a consulate there...at least thats the way it was explained to me in school...maybe JDogger can give a better explanation,since he knows first hand

I know you prefer the RP isolationist mantra of foreign policy, but there is one major flaw in that type of ideology....its a global economy, and as much as the pie in the sky thinking of not being involved with other countries sounds romantic to some, its just not realistic...I am not for nation building either, BUT in order to maintain its presence as world # 1 you can't be an isolationist nation

JDogger
10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
because its considered neutral ground and all communiques both official and non official channels go thru the consulate..in order to recognize a country here, they agree to have a consulate there...at least thats the way it was explained to me in school...maybe JDogger can give a better explanation,since he knows first hand

I know you prefer the RP isolationist mantra of foreign policy, but there is one major flaw in that type of ideology....its a global economy, and as much as the pie in the sky thinking of not being involved with other countries sounds romantic to some, its just not realistic...I am not for nation building either, BUT in order to maintain its presence as world # 1 you can be an isolationist nation

You misunderstand what I have posted previously. I have never served in the foreign service nor the diplomatic corp. That was my father, and I was a dependent a long time ago. I made some observations in other posts that maybe were misconstrued.

As to the differences between Embassy's and consulate's there is a weath information on the web. Help yourselves.
It has been stated before; The security provided by the http://www.mcesg.marines.mil/ is limited to internal security. Making sure doors are locked, safes secured, paper not left on desks in the open, etc.
Read the mission statement on the home page and try to understand.
Embassy's and consulate's are not armed enclaves and were never intended to be. That is not the mission of the Dept of State.
When a host country cannot or will not provide adequate security embassy's can and will be closed.
I can only guess at why we had an open embassy in Tripoli and a consulate in Bengazi but I would assume it was because the State Dept thought it was in our best national interests to maintain direct, daily interactions with the local populations.
JD

Franco
10-09-2012, 11:44 PM

I know you prefer the RP isolationist mantra of foreign policy, but there is one major flaw in that type of ideology....its a global economy, and as much as the pie in the sky thinking of not being involved with other countries sounds romantic to some, its just not realistic...I am not for nation building either, BUT in order to maintain its presence as world # 1 you can't be an isolationist nation

I am not advocating isolation, just stepping back from our over-stepping.

Had we followed Jefferson's and RP's advice, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.retrievertraining.net/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157206.html)

JDogger
10-10-2012, 01:38 AM
There's one guy who might do that. But even you won't mention his name. GJ gets some air time here in NM, but little national. Too bad. He was a good Gov., and I'm not even an R. JD

helencalif
10-10-2012, 02:03 AM
The hearing is on c-span tomorrow morning (early morning if you are on the west coast Pacific Time). I think it starts at 7:00 a.m.

JDogger
10-10-2012, 02:47 AM
The hearing is on c-span tomorrow morning (early morning if you are on the west coast Pacific Time). I think it starts at 7:00 a.m.

Really? Thats really early...I don't think I'll set my alarm. JD

road kill
10-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Really? Thats really early...I don't think I'll set my alarm. JD

Little hard to wake up some mornings is it??????

huntinman
10-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I am not advocating isolation, just stepping back from our over-stepping.

Had we followed Jefferson's and RP's advice, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
Thomas Jefferson (http://www.retrievertraining.net/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff157206.html)

Jefferson and RP? In the same sentence? Really?

road kill
10-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Hillary is washing her hands of any guilt in this fiasco.
The State Dept distanced them selves from any of the Whitehouse statements assigning blame to a video.

This is gonna be good!!!!!

PamK
10-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Hillary is washing her hands of any guilt in this fiasco.
The State Dept distanced them selves from any of the Whitehouse statements assigning blame to a video.

Maybe you should at least try to show some respect for the people that were killed.

dixidawg
10-10-2012, 10:44 AM
And maybe those responsible for this should show some respect for the dead by standing up and admitting it!

road kill
10-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Maybe you should at least try to show some respect for the people that were killed.
I think the President of the United States should.
But he LIED about it!!!

Maybe you could explain how that is respectful??????

Standing by.......again!

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Oh he showed respect he and hillary were there when the coffins came home thats asking alot for this Pres. Thank God the ladies of the view didnt need him that day. Than he stood there and lied to us and the familys of those killed. He needed to show RESPECT by telling the truth but thats something he cant do .

PamK
10-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Gee Stan, Are you in high school? Don't you ever take responsibility for what you say? If someone else does it it is OK for you to do it? Maybe you should look in the mirror first.

I never mentioned anything about the President.

Nothing about this is going to be good.

and one again you don't anwser the question just blame someone else. Do you have any ideas of your own?

road kill
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Gee Stan, Are you in high school? Yeah, I am in HS Don't you ever take responsibility for what you say? I always take responsibility for what I say, and when it's wrong I own up If someone else does it it is OK for you to do it? Maybe you should look in the mirror first.

I never mentioned anything about the President.
That's because your cheap shot blew up in your face!
He is the one that is disrespectfull to the families of those that perished

Nothing about this is going to be good.
The TV show of the lieing liars will be very good!

and one again you don't anwser the question just blame someone else. Do you have any ideas of your own?
GEE PamK, you wanna play!
I have already posted several times on this debacle.....YOUR MESSIAH LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ABOUT THIS!!!
Now Hillary is LIEING ABOUT LIEING!!!

The event on TV is gonna get good to see which of these 2 pathological LIARS can out LIE the other.

Someone get Pammy K a tissue, I think she has hurt feelings.

Noone here has more respct for those that serve than I.

Everyone that served gives/gave some.

Unfortunately some give/gave all.

Now, you get a clue...............as though that might happen.

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh he lied they all lied its obamagate. If Obama was a Rep he would already be booted out the front door. They aren't even good at a cover up

PamK
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Stan you still have answered what part of the hearing is going to be good?

road kill
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Stan you still have answered what part of the hearing is going to be good?
Watching to see which LIEING LIAR will out LIE the other LIEING LIAR!!!!

But then, you already knew that, PAM.

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
They are scrambling to cover this up. They asked for a 50 min tape yesterday Kennedy failed to produce it its not with law enforcement but with a gov agency.

menmon
10-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Blood in the water. Using tragedy to get elected.

I'm sure when all the facts are out on the table and the senate republicans stop grandstanding, it will be very clear that no one lied to anyone except the republicans that are trying to make hay in the final hour before the election.

road kill
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM

I'm sure when all the facts are out on the table and the senate republicans stop grandstanding, it will be very clear that no one lied to anyone except the republicans that are trying to make hay in the final hour before the election.
So, you are standing by the youtube LIE?

menmon
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm standing by the fact have been distorted so you can elect Romney.

Kinda of like Jack Welch distorting the unemployment data to say that Obama manipulated the facts to make things favorable. Jack Welch out of all people knows that that can't happen, but he also knows that he can float a mistruth and get people to believe it.

Same thing is happening with this.

dixidawg
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Kind of like floating the mistruth that it was all about a riot over a movie?

huntinman
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Kinda of like Jack Welch distorting the unemployment data to say that Obama manipulated the facts to make things favorable. Jack Welch out of all people knows that that can't happen, but he also knows that he can float a mistruth and get people to believe it.

Anything CAN happen. Obama got elected didn't he. Biggest doofus since Jimmy Carter. Four more Weeks.

road kill
10-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Are you standing by Obama's youtube LIE????

gmhr1
Just like they held a press conference last night to try and get ahead of this hearing knowing how bad this will look and just forgot to include fox news they lie they coverup they are decietful! Kennedy is lying thru his teeth its the old I cant remember excuse. OBAMAGATE!

menmon
No one ever said that...that is mixing apples and oranges..that is how you spun it. the video is not good...no one should dispute that

menmon
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
just wait the truth will come out

huntinman
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM

That's what Obama and Hillary are afraid of...

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Its all over the tape had NOTHING to do with any of this. NO matter how hard Obama and Hillary try to cover this up the truth will come out to many people involved trying to cover up they dont even make sense they have been caught several times in a lie. WE knrew the next day it was a terror attack this admin went on TV and lied over and over again.

BonMallari
10-10-2012, 04:09 PM
the Capitol Hill two step has people dancing today....everyone is into Deny , Disavow and Don't know

starjack
10-10-2012, 04:35 PM

I'm sure when all the facts are out on the table and the senate republicans stop grandstanding, it will be very clear that no one lied to anyone except the republicans that are trying to make hay in the final hour before the election.Would please get a clue. This is a big mess for your boy and you know it

huntinman
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Would please get a clue. This is a big mess for your boy and you know it

As if Obama needed any more trouble. He was already sinking like the Titanic before that happened...

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 04:40 PM
They knew the NEXT day it was not caused by the video Susan Rice was on TV that Sunday Lying blaming it on a video isnt that a LIE? Who told her to go on TV and make that statement? Thats going to be the good part

They had the budget, they had the resources they just said NO to their request for extra security.They have emails showing they knew the day after it was an attack NOTHING to do with the video, yet obama hillary jay carney all kept blaming the video sorry but thats a lie.

M&K's Retrievers
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM

You sure you're not in Port St. Lucie?

PamK
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
I wonder what a lot of you will be saying 6 months from now when if Romeny gets elected and all that he is promising doesn't happen?

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 04:54 PM
If we dont like him he will get the boot just like obama
Stacy dash is an african american actress that plans to vote for Romney after tweeting that she was verbally attacked like she said we want a Pres that will unite not divide and a smart guy that can help the economy .

helencalif
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I watched all 4 hours. I took many notes. Several Democrats said that a lack of $$ was the reason there was not sufficient security,
But when Ms. Lamb and Ambassador Kennedy of the State Dept. were asked, they said that a lack of funds were not the reason for a lack of security and that there were funds to keep security there and to add more security.

The professionals at the post in Libya asked for security many times. They reported the threats and the volatile situation many times. They sent cables, they made phone calls. The security they had was cut and they were told to deal with what they had. They were told not to even ask, because they would be denied.

It was testified that there was no plan whatsoever after February to provide more security. Instead, the State Dept. was to out in to place "normalcy". We never got a clear definition of what that means, but part of what that means is to make Americans think and the world to think democracy is progressing quite nicely in Libya and that all is well.

Regarding Ms. Lamb to whom the requests for more security personnel were sent... she denied them. She was on the hot seat during the hearing. But ...at one time she was asked if she had the final authority and she said no. She said she consulted with her two superiors before denying. She was asked who those two superiors were and she named them and their positions. I did not catch the names, but one was an assistant to the Secretary of State who instructed her to deny additional security.

Amazingly, no one on the Committee followed up on this part of her testimony. I hope her superiors will be interviewed by the Committee as there was a chain of command in the State Dept. and it did not stop with Ms. Lamb nor with Patrick Kennedy who is in charge of State Dept management of the US embassies and consulates around the world.

They were on the hot seat today.. their superiors in the State Dept who really made the decisions need to be there.

Helen

helencalif
10-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I applaud Lt. Col. Andrew Wood and Eric Nordstrom who testified today. They did not back down...

huntinman
10-10-2012, 05:05 PM
I wonder what a lot of you will be saying 6 months from now when if Romeny gets elected and all that he is promising doesn't happen?

he only gets 6 months? hell we gave obama 4 years:confused:

PamK
10-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the update.

BonMallari
10-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Did I hear correctly that Rep Elijah Cummings was implying (did I get that right HPL) that the lack of security was due to budget cuts proposed by the R's...

helencalif
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Did I hear correctly that Rep Elijah Cummings was implying (did I get that right HPL) that the lack of security was due to budget cuts proposed by the R's...

Yes, that is what Rep.Cummings (D) said. However, when Ms. Lamb and Ambassador Kennedy (who is the head of management) said that it was not due to a lack of funds.

My take was... security was denied because "they" were advancing the impression of "normalcy" returning to Libya (i.e. the Obama administration did not want it to be known that terrorists were getting stronger in Libya.

Helen

helencalif
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
From my notes on the hearing:

Yesterday the State Dept. had a news conference and released a statement saying that it has never been their position that the attack was caused by the video. They did not think there was a sudden protest. Two videos prove there was no attack by protestors.

It is clear from this that Sec of State Hillary Clinton is distancing her State Dept. from Obama and the White House.

During the hearing only one video of the attack was discussed ... a 50 minute video that the Committee has requested. The video is with a gov. agency (which agency not named). But it was made clear that the FBI did not have the video.

Helen

M&K's Retrievers
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM

I heard that too.

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
83% of the people polled say the handling of the libya attacks will affect the way they vote. Also Fox showed 11 minutes of obama & hillary stating over and over again that the attack was caused by the video. Guess thats a lie since they knew the next day that the video had NOTHING to do with it. That will make a great Romney ad .

Gerry Clinchy
10-10-2012, 10:10 PM
In a nutshell, it appears that other people in the State Dept. were not willing to fall on their swords, perjure themselves under oath, to save Hillary, Obama, Carney, and Rice ... and any others in the administration who made the public statements about the stupid video story.

If Hillary and Obama did not get their intel from the State Dept, exactly where did their public announcements get their basis? Somebody simply made it up.

Hillary had to send other State Dept. people to testify, since she was between a rock and a hard place. If she said she got her intel from State, there would be plenty of these guys to refute that. She would then have proven to perjure herself. She couldn't deny she spread a faulty story since it was on tape all over the place, including the $70,000 ad in Pakistan. Carney hasn't shown his face to the WH press corps in over a week. Obama just keeps calling Romney a liar, while being caught in one of the biggest whoppers of all time.

I am at a loss as to how Hillary cannot feel compelled to resign after this testimony. It's possible that Rice and Carney were only privy to what Hillary and Obama told them. If that is not the case, they are great actors. They could get a job in Hollywood. Since none of these 4 primary figures have testified under oath, though, it could keep them out of jail. Their only crime: being lying scum, betraying the trust of every American.

Were they so naive as to expect the truth would not come out? Would it not have been a better story to blame it on the violent militias that are making trouble in Libya, and simply admit to a misjudgment of the security that was needed? Instead they make up this fantasy. Naive or just plain dumb? Bumbling, amateurish and arrogant are the kindest adjectives that come to mind.

I think we can be fairly certain that Hillary will not be the D nominee in 2020.

helencalif
10-11-2012, 02:22 AM
This evening C-span broadcast the hearing again. I hope more watched it tonight. I watched it again to make sure I missed nothing. Worth noting: It was requested by Committee members that UN Ambassador Rice testify before the Committee. Chairman Issa said she would be asked for "classified testimony" which means not publicly, but under oath before the Committee. He hoped it could be done next week.

The ones I want to see grilled are Ms. Lamb's two superiors in the State Dept. who advised her to deny the requests for more security. They can't stop with Ms. Lamb and let her be a fall guy. There was a chain of command and she named the two superiors in her testimony. I heard right... she said one was the Assistant Secretary of State.

If Ms. Lamb meant THE assistant to Hillary, this would be darn high up the chain of command. But then again, Eric Holder never was told by his Assistant Deputy about Fast & Furious.

Helen

BonMallari
10-11-2012, 03:47 AM
I also watched the replay of the hearing,and all I can say is I never want to be grilled by Congressman Issa, tough does not even begin to describe him....

I think it will stop short of Hillary....unless BHO decides that its him or her...but then Bill will come to her rescue and he will scuttle his campaigning so quick it would give the Pres whiplash

gmhr1
10-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Jay Carney, Susan rice & Hillary need to be out under Oath and asked WHO TOLD YOU TO SAY THE VIDEO? WE will than find out the truth. Obamas going down on this one no way to get out days after they knew the truth he was the ONLY one clinging to the video. Even his last apperance on the view he wouldn't tell the truth and he blamed the video on univision as slimy as he is theres no way out of this one.

Update Trey Gowdy said they are calling for Susan Rice to be placed under oath and tell who told her to go on TV and make a FOOL of herself!

gmhr1
10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
A Yemen security official working at the US embassy in Yemen was killed this morning by suspected terorists Al-qaeda Its being reported it was a drive by shooting. Dont they know osama is dead and they arent supposed to cause any more trouble Obama said!

Gerry Clinchy
10-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Interesting ... the administration is saying that the video "story" came from intel services. Guess that wouldn't include the State Dept intel services. However, Petraeus also made a public statement using the same video "story" ... the war hero that now heads the CIA.

Was the CIA this dumb or did Petraeus knowingly particpate in the lie? One would expect that Petraeus, based on his experience on the ground in A'stan and knowledge of the ME situation, would have been more suspicious of intel that downplayed the presence/influence of A-Q. Is Petraeus now going to be just another body under the bus?

And you'd think that Panetta, so recently coming from the CIA, and given much credit for the OBL raid would have also been more suspicious of the video "story".

If the intel really was at fault, if I were A-Q (or an affiliated group) I'd be laughing up my sleeve at the incompetence; and planning how to continue to take advantage of it.

helencalif
10-11-2012, 01:37 PM
About blaming the 9/11 attack being caused by a sudden uprising protesting a video...

On Sept 25 Pres. Obama gave a speech before the UN. Not once in the speech did he say the word terrorism. He laid the blame on the video. SEPTEMBER 25 !

helencalif
10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Gerry,
Petraeus is no dummy. I think he recognized an attack of terrorism, but he went with the political pressure and bent to the wishes of the Administration and peddled the video story.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that Panetta peddled the video story. My earliest recollection of Panetta's participation was when he come out and said that it was an act of terrorism.

About UN Ambassador Rice...

I looked around on the net to find out what agency this position is under to see who is her boss. It is not the State Dept.

She has her own department. Obama appointed her in 2009 and raised the position of the UN Ambassador to a cabinet level position.

As a cabinet member, Obama is her boss.

Helen

huntinman
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Gerry,
Petraeus is no dummy. I think he recognized an attack of terrorism, but he went with the political pressure and bent to the wishes of the Administration and peddled the video story.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that Panetta peddled the video story. My earliest recollection of Panetta's participation was when he come out and said that it was an act of terrorism.

I looked around on the net to find out what agency this position is under to see who is her boss. It is not the State Dept.

She has her own department. Obama appointed her in 2009 and raised the position of the UN Ambassador to a cabinet level position.

Helen

They may have been following orders from the Commander in Chief

road kill
10-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Gerry,

Helen

When I saw this woman say the attacks on 9-11-12 had "no precedent," I turned it off.
I was afraid I would post something that would offend Pammy!!!:cool:

helencalif
10-11-2012, 02:23 PM
I just read the NY Times coverage of the hearing. They left out some important information reported during the hearing.

The NY Times reported that the barracks used to house the hired Libyan militia that was supposed to protect the consulate was burned down. But they failed to mention that the barracks was EMPTY because the Libyan "protectors" had fled when the gates were blown open.

The only protection was 5 US personnel. Only two security were actually on consulate grounds. Three security were a mile away at a safe house. A MILE AWAY. It has been reported, but not confirmed, that a Libyan "friendly" showed the terrorists where the safe house was.

On 9/11 the consulate (and our ambassador and a computer tech) had the protection of 2 men.

Prior to the ambassador's arrival at the consulate, there were 3 US security personnel there. The ambassador brought 2 security people with him which brought trained US security to 5.

This was not a 20 minute fire fight. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted for at least 6 hours.

Franco
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/486861_10151084649951451_25625398_n.jpg

gmhr1
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Cutter says its all Romneys fault the whole Libya mess is Romneys fault they are so desperate they dont know what to say or do Libya is about to explode they had the letterman interview on Sept 14 while obama sat there and blamed everything on the video
i think Obama needs to see a shrink he is not living in reality and neither is cutter blabbermouth or axlerod they need help.

Gerry Clinchy
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Cyndi, seems like the whole administration is unravelling. Hope voters are watching this devolve.

Helen, there was a tape on CNN of the mother of the computer tech ... saying she spoke directly to Obama, Hillary, Panetta. Panetta promised her he would get to the truth of what happened ... but she has not heard back from him since.

It is possible that Panetta didn't make any public statements about the video. Truly a shame how corruption rubs off on those who did not set out to be corrupted. If Panetta did not make a public statement in line with Hillary, O, Rice, he could not speak out to contradict them either. Can you imagine if he Panetta (or anyone else in the inner circle) had contradicted the "story" a day or two after the bogus statments? Could Obama have even shown his face at the first POTUS debate?

gmhr1
10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Biden says Libya DIDNT ask for security guess he didnt watch the hearing! Talk about out of touch Do we want a Pres and VP with brains or do we want BO and crazy joe?

gmhr1
10-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Sources are reporting today (saturday) that Hillary will take the fall for Benghazi

Be funny the last 2 weeks before the election to hear Bill say Everything nice I said about Obama forget it vote for Romney.

M&K's Retrievers
10-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Sources are reporting today (saturday) that Hillary will take the fall for Benghazi

I don't know. Big Bill would drop Obama in a heartbeat. I think Bill is looking for an excuse.

Sue Kiefer
10-13-2012, 03:22 PM
ok. I have a question.................
"IF" the people in the ambasy "knew" that they needed more security and they "knew" that they were NOT going to get anymore AND that the area is prone for violence and that the date was close to 9/11.
My question is why didn't they get out?
Maybe I'm being overly simple(not stupid maybe misinformed :) )
I will be glad when the election is over and we either have the present Pres. to piss and moan about or someone new to blame.
Sue

helencalif
10-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I am guessing that an ambassador, his staff, and US security personnel just can't pick up and leave. Doesn't the State Dept. have to give them permission to leave or advise them to leave and then make it possible for them to leave via transportation and support personnel?

I have a question about the attack... we have now heard that the State Dept. was hearing a blow by blow of the attack via almost real time. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted almost 6 hrs., right? Didn't the help from Tripoli arrive about 4 a.m.?

How far is it from Tripoli to Benghazi? Why did it take so long for help to arrive? It has been reported that it took 2 planes to remove the survivors and those who came to help them. How long does it take a plane to get from "wherever" to Benghazi and why didn't the US have a plane sitting there? The State Dept. removed the DC -- their reasoning for this was because commercial airflights had resumed.

The consulate is under attack, survivors escape and then some how have to make it to the Libyan airport to catch a commercial flight of some sort to get out of Libya. Somebody better review their escape plan.

helencalif
10-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I am guessing that an ambassador, his staff, and US security personnel just can't pick up and leave. Doesn't the State Dept. have to give them permission to leave or advise them to leave and then make it possible for them to leave via transportation and support personnel?

I have a question about the attack... we have now heard that the State Dept. was hearing a blow by blow of the attack via almost real time. It started at 9:40 p.m. and lasted almost 6 hrs., right? Didn't the help from Tripoli arrive about 4 a.m.?

How far is it from Tripoli to Benghazi? Why did it take so long for help to arrive? It has been reported that it took 2 planes to remove the survivors and those who came to help them. How long does it take a plane to get from "wherever" to Benghazi and why didn't the US have a plane sitting there? The State Dept. removed the DC3 -- their reasoning for this was because commercial airflights had resumed.

The consulate is under attack, survivors escape and then some how have to make it to the Libyan airport to catch a commercial flight of some sort to get out of Libya. Somebody better review their escape plan.

BonMallari
10-13-2012, 05:36 PM
ok. I have a question.................
"IF" the people in the ambasy "knew" that they needed more security and they "knew" that they were NOT going to get anymore AND that the area is prone for violence and that the date was close to 9/11.
My question is why didn't they get out?
Maybe I'm being overly simple(not stupid maybe misinformed :) )
I will be glad when the election is over and we either have the present Pres. to piss and moan about or someone new to blame.
Sue

That was one of my concerns before this started, that somehow some way the ambassador and those that were murdered would be blamed for not getting out, since they have no voice and cant respond to any allegations..they are "almost" the perfect fall guys

Gerry Clinchy
10-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Which goes to my question: why didn't State Dept tell them to stay out of Benghazi? Remember the embassy in Cairo had already been vacated when it was attacked. Seems like somebody tipped them off in advance?

If Hillary takes the fall, then her career is over, but it would look pretty bad for Obama, too. Why wouldn't Hillary have shared whatever she knew with Obama? even if it was after the attack happened. Since Clintons never did like Obama, Bill won't have to say a word; everyone will know how he feels. Supposedly Bill's nose was already out of joint when he called to offer his help for Biden's prep for the debate, and nobody even returned his call.

helencalif
10-13-2012, 09:45 PM
There are many unexplained things. The embassy is in Tripoli which had the most protection. The ambassador goes to his consulate in Benghazi with 2 US security personnel. Not clear if there were also hired Libyan security personnel accompanying the trip.

Just read on the net that the US pays a British firm to provide Libyan security personnel to protect the consulate. The British firm pays the Libyans $4 an hour. This information was found by a reporter prowling the consulate after the attack. He found a copy of the British firm's contract with the Libyans they hired. Wonder what else was just laying around.

US security personnel trained Libyans last spring in Benghazi before the State Dept. pulled the US team out. Can't tell if the same Libyans the British firm hires and then charges the US to do so or if different Libyans. Not all Libyans hired by the British firm are armed. makes one ask, how much protection is an unarmed Libyan?

The barracks on the consulate grounds in Benghazi was burned. It was the housing for the Libyans. One report said they all fled when the gate was bombed. Yet other reports say some Libyans "helped", but not clear when they helped or how they helped.

I can't find a report saying that the Libyan government provided any protection at all. The State Dept has said that they are required to do so. And that one of the reasons to deny US security was because Libya was providing it.

Say What? Why is the US paying a British firm to hire Libyan security personnel ? The US pays big bucks to the British firm and they pay the Libyans $4 an hour and not all are armed?

Lots of questions need to be answered. Every day something new surfaces.

Sue Kiefer
10-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Good grief!!!!!!!!
I'm NOT looking to blame anyone especially the poor folks that were killed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG how stupid is that!!
It was just a thought.
You have to have permission to leave?
Even if there were signs of danger looming..................
Maybe I'm just being naive. Sorry.
Sue

gmhr1
10-14-2012, 10:49 AM
They can't just leave, that was the job of the State dept to make sure they were safe if they felt they shouldnt be there because there had been 200 plus attacks in that area and it was 9/11 dont you think they should have made sure they were NOT there , we have been given this false sense of security, osama is dead so theres no problem , it wasnt taken seriously. They had the money to bring in security they had the money to get them out no one had the brains. If i was the mom of any of those dead americans I would be filing a HUGE lawsuit. Now Obama,biden and clinton are going to try and lie their way out saying we didnt know anything. They are the Boss Obama should have attended the intel briefings instead of them being handed to him like the newspaper and Biden was kept hidden in a room somewhere so he couldnt open his mouth why wasn't he at the UN? hes such an embarresment he cant come out in public. My husband was an officer in the Army when something goes wrong it goes right to the top your the one in charge.The fish stinks from the head.