PDA

View Full Version : Where There's A Will There's A Way

M&K's Retrievers
10-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Darden Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster & Longhorn Steakhouse) is testing in several locations limiting hourly employees to 28 hours a week. They currently employ 185,000 employees. It seems employers don't have to provide health insurance nor can they be fined under Obamacare for employees working less than 30 hours per week. Imagine that.

Show me the rules regards,

LokiMeister
10-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Hopefully, those employees will pack up and go work at a restaurant that actually serves GOOD food.

M&K's Retrievers
10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Historically the restaurant industry does not provide benefits to hourly employees. Darden apparently bucked this trend by providing benefits. Obamacare has them considering stopping this. Result, more uninsured rather than less. Many of my clients are considering fewer hours for employees or dropping benefits and paying the fine. Again, more uninsured not less.

gmhr1
10-09-2012, 05:15 PM
You ain't seen nothin yet! Whats going to be funny is when this hits the obama supporters and they are all crying the blues

JustinS
10-10-2012, 10:16 AM
A previous employer of mine said he would have to lower the amount of coverage he got for each of the workers just so he could offset the increased cost of health insurance instead of 80 - 20 it would be closer to 60-40 and Obama said he is helping small businesses and middle class Americans pretty sure the health care costs will cost more than the taxes he is supposedly saving us from

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Everything Obama has said to this point about obamacare is a lie we never had a choice he will lie about everything so he can get elected. He told the companies he will pay the fines associated with not giving out the pink slips because he knows it will cost votes. He is a SNEAK! (Fox) just interviewed a real estate employer who told his employees if Obama wins he will be handing out pink slips, Because of the taxes that will come as a result of obama he will have to let people go. Seems like this will become the norm.

msdaisey
10-10-2012, 12:47 PM
All of the building contractors in this area are planning to fire their employees, and rehire them as subcontractors and 1099 them to get out of it.

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 05:13 PM
One of the richest men in the United States has threatened to shut down his company and lay off some 8,000 employees if Barack Obama is re-elected president.
David Siegel, the CEO of Westgate Resorts, sent a letter to employees of the massive timeshare company saying he would rather shut down his company and retire to the Caribbean than pay the taxes Obama is promising to implement.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/wealthy-ceo-threatens-to-lay-off-8-000-if-obama-is-re-elected-1.989991#ixzz28vsq863U

starjack
10-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Hopefully, those employees will pack up and go work at a restaurant that actually serves GOOD food.Maybe to you but it is about the employees

LokiMeister
10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Maybe to you but it is about the employees

Yes, it is. At another rest. they might be treated better and with respect.

starjack
10-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes, it is. At another rest. they might be treated better and with respect.You have worked for them to know they were treated bad?

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Oh and there are so many jobs out there they can have their pick right..... This is going to happen to many more business's they will hire part time thanks to obamacare.

LokiMeister
10-10-2012, 05:42 PM
You have worked for them to know they were treated bad?

What??? Treated bad? It certainly sounds like they will be treated badly, if their hours get to only 28 per week.

Down East Labs 217
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
What??? Treated bad? It certainly sounds like they will be treated badly, if their hours get to only 28 per week.

Actually this is good business. It is the Democratic way. More people will get hired. The unemployment numbers will drop. Of course instead of one person getting 40 hours a week, two will get 20 hours a week instead. A win win for all.

Richard

starjack
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
What??? Treated bad? It certainly sounds like they will be treated badly, if their hours get to only 28 per week.OH BOY I will type slow Why are they having there hours cut. Here is a hint look at the first post of the thread

gmhr1
10-10-2012, 06:13 PM
they like a lot of people will be laid off because of one reason and one reason only....... Obamacare they were not treated bad, they are not cutting their hours by choice.

LokiMeister
10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
OH BOY I will type slow Why are they having there hours cut. Here is a hint look at the first post of the thread

Have a nice day!!

HPL
10-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Maybe to you but it is about the employees

I don't understand this rejoinder. I keep reading it and it doesn't make sense in relation to the quoted post. "Maybe to you" what? are you talking about the GOOD food part perhaps? There must have been some thought in your head that somehow didn't get through to the screen.

starjack
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't understand this rejoinder. I keep reading it and it doesn't make sense in relation to the quoted post. "Maybe to you" what? are you talking about the GOOD food part perhaps? There must have been some thought in your head that somehow didn't get through to the screen.Yes the first part was about the food . But the second part was about the employee

starjack
10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Have a nice day!!Thought so

gmhr1
10-11-2012, 04:16 PM
They wont be treated any differently benefits will be the same OBAMACARE!