PDA

View Full Version : Why Guns Have Safeties

HPL
10-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Keeping the safety on prevents one from shooting oneself in the foot. Why in the world would Romney choose now to make such a strong comment that can only cost him votes??!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/romney-clarifies-position-on-abortion/?hpt=hp_t2

achiro
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM
The fact that Planned Parenthood can take gubment money and then run political ads for or against a candidate is something I still don't quite get.

huntinman
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
He didn't say anything surprising. PP should not get one dime of taxpayer funds. Let them raise their own money from George Soros.

Franco
10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Keeping the safety on prevents one from shooting oneself in the foot. Why in the world would Romney choose now to make such a strong comment that can only cost him votes??!!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/romney-clarifies-position-on-abortion/?hpt=hp_t2

Because he is not interested in winning the female vote.

And, PP does not spend tax payer money on political campaignes nor on abortions! In fact, they save tax payers money by providing health screens prior to many illnesses becoming worse, thus costing tax payers. The abortion money is provided via private donations.

Th is is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.

huntinman
10-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Because he is not interested in winning the female vote.

And, PP does not spend tax payer money on political campaignes nor on abortions! In fact, they save tax payers money by providing health screens prior to many illnesses becoming worse, thus costing tax payers. The abortion money is provided via private donations.

Th is is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.

That may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted. Not interested in votes??? Right.

Franco
10-11-2012, 06:08 PM
That may be one of the dumbest things you have ever posted. Not interested in votes??? Right.

Over 80% of the women in this country support the right to an abortion. Taking such a stand against PP, an organization that provides needed medical services above and beyond abortion is part of the war against women. A war that does exsist within the Repub party and will cost them on election day! Maybe not in the deep south but certainly in the key swing states.

P S
Talk about dumb, you still haven't stated how you would handle Foreign Policy in the mideast! All hat, no cattle?

HPL
10-11-2012, 06:10 PM
This is a big issue with women outside of RTF's POTUS Place and a losing issue for the Repubs.

EXACTLY!! Why in the world make this comment NOW??!! He needs to take Newt's advice on this one. In some speech/lecture, Newt said that there are numerous issues for which the Republican position polls between 70% and 90%. Newt suggested that the smart candidate would stand by those issues and smile!! Abortion is not one of those issues and is in fact one of the third rail issues for the republicans!! Mitt should shut up on issues such as that.

I don't think it will cost him my vote or my wife's, but I guarantee he lost a bunch with that one statement. My wife used planned parenthood for her yearly checkups for about the whole time I was in grad school and that is where we got access to affordable birth control. It wasn't free, but was much less than going to one of the local doctors. Planned parenthood provides a very beneficial service for women who can't afford to go to someone in private practice and saves us ALL a ton of money.

Franco
10-11-2012, 06:21 PM
EXACTLY!! Why in the world make this comment NOW??!! He needs to take Newt's advice on this one. In some speech/lecture, Newt said that there are numerous issues for which the Republican position polls between 70% and 90%. Newt suggested that the smart candidate would stand by those issues and smile!! Abortion is not one of those issues and is in fact one of the third rail issues for the republicans!! Mitt should shut up on issues such as that.

I don't think it will cost him my vote or my wife's, but I guarantee he lost a bunch with that one statement. My wife used planned parenthood for her yearly checkups for about the whole time I was in grad school and that is where we got access to affordable birth control. It wasn't free, but was much less than going to one of the local doctors. Planned parenthood provides a very beneficial service for women who can't afford to go to someone in private practice and saves us ALL a ton of money.

Too late now. The Dems will use it to mobilize women all across the country on election day. Mitt already had the deep south locked up so there was no need to continue appealing to that vote. What he needs most is support from women in swing states and this will work against him. Abortion is the biggest trust issue women have with the Repubs and having Ryan on the ticket didn't help with the female vote. Now, he is bring the issue into the forefront and that isn't a good thing for anyone wanting to win a national election!

ARay11
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Over 80% of the women in this country support the right to an abortion. Taking such a stand against PP, an organization that provides needed medical services above and beyond abortion is part of the war against women. A war that does exsist within the Repub party and will cost them on election day! Maybe not in the deep south but certainly in the key swing states.

P S
Talk about dumb, you still haven't stated how you would handle Foreign Policy in the mideast! All hat, no cattle?

Where does this percentage figure come from? I do not see the same percentage.

road kill
10-11-2012, 06:27 PM

P S
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

If PPH does not use federal funds for abortion, then how is cutting their funnding effecting abortion?

HPL
10-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Too late now. The Dems will use it to mobilize women all across the country on election day. Mitt already had the deep south locked up so there was no need to continue appealing to that vote. What he needs most is support from women in swing states and this will work against him. Abortion is the biggest trust issue women have with the Repubs and having Ryan on the ticket didn't help with the female vote. Now, he is bring the issue into the forefront and that isn't a good thing for anyone wanting to win a national election!

My point exactly!!! Just want to say AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGG (gnashing of teeth and rending of garments!!) Looked like we might have been on a roll :-(

road kill
10-11-2012, 06:40 PM
My point exactly!!! Just want to say AAAAHHHHRRRRGGGGGG (gnashing of teeth and rending of garments!!) Looked like we might have been on a roll :-(
Again, what does federal funding for PPH have to do with abortions?

No federal dollars are spent on them.............so Franco says.

achiro
10-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Where does this percentage figure come from? I do not see the same percentage.
I'm wondering that as well. The last stat I saw was earlier this year and it was something like 41% are pro choice and 50% are pro life. (and no, I didn't get those numbers backwards)

ARay11
10-11-2012, 06:52 PM

so if I get $50 from Franco, an $35 from RK, and put it in my pocket.... I can go to the gas station and spend $25 on lotto tickets, and $60 on gas, but Franco didn't buy me Lotto tickets. Right? (just makin sure I got this) :razz:

HPL
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM

Here we go again with one of those disingenuous questions. This one, I'll try to answer: for many of those opposed to abortion, artificial birth control (which PP definitely and blessedly provides) is also an issue and, certainly some PP facilities do provide abortion services, so PP has become a symbol to both the RTL and RTC camps.

Personally, although I think that abortion is a terrible form of birth control, I am glad it is available to those too stupid or lazy to figure out how to EFFECTIVELY use contraceptives (not a demographic of which I really want to see more). For those of you who really loathe paying for all the little bastards born to folks on welfare, how many more of them do you think there would be without cheap access to birth control and even abortion.

huntinman
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
This is not even on the radar as far as issues go anyway. Economy, economy, national security, and econony.

HPL
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
This is not even on the radar as far as issues go anyway. Economy, economy, national security, and econony.

Hope you're correct. Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets over the next few days and how much traction results. There are already two articles on CNN.com including this one.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/bestoftv/2012/10/11/exp-point-priebus-abortion-stance.cnn

Franco
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

If PPH does not use federal funds for abortion, then how is cutting their funnding effecting abortion?

Rmoney said he would defund PP, all of it. PP does everything from Breast Cancer screening to nutritional health for expecting mothers. Abortion funding comes from private donations!

huntinman
10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Hope you're correct. Will be interesting to see how much coverage it gets over the next few days and how much traction results.

They haven't mentioned it on Drudge... yet.

road kill
10-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Here we go again with one of those disingenuous questions.This one, I'll try to answer: for many of those opposed to abortion, artificial birth control (which PP definitely and blessedly provides) is also an issue and, certainly some PP facilities do provide abortion services, so PP has become a symbol to both the RTL and RTC camps.

Personally, although I think that abortion is a terrible form of birth control, I am glad it is available to those too stupid or lazy to figure out how to EFFECTIVELY use contraceptives (not a demographic of which I really want to see more). For those of you who really loathe paying for all the little bastards born to folks on welfare, how many more of them do you think there would be without cheap access to birth control and even abortion.
There is nothing disengenuous about the question.
Just because you don't like it does not make it so.
You and Franco brought up the 80% of women that support abortion.
I say that number is BS.

Your post is pretty sad, as you think abortion (the taking of life) is a viable solution to poor morals.

Who is disengenuous??

Do you or your wife know any women who have had abortions??
If so, how do they feel about it today?

road kill
10-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Rmoney said he would defund PP, all of it. PP does everything from Breast Cancer screening to nutritional health for expecting mothers. Abortion funding comes from private donations!
This is what YOU posted;

Why the lead sentence??

I am out of this one, I know what you said, YOU know what you said.
Nuff said.........

Franco
10-11-2012, 07:23 PM
This is what YOU posted;

Why the lead sentence??

I am out of this one, I know what you said, YOU know what you said.
Nuff said.........

HPL nailed it and we know how you like to twist things around.

When you boy is sitting on the curb after the election, it will be because of the backwoods social issues!

road kill
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
HPL nailed it and we know how you like to twist things around.

When you boy is sitting on the curb after the election, it will be because of the backwoods social issues!
It ain't good when you step in your own droppings, is it????

You pretty used to saying what ever you want and no one calling you on it!!??!!??

Ain't how it works here, is it?

HPL
10-11-2012, 07:30 PM
There is nothing disengenuous about the question oh smarmy one.
You and Franco brought up the 80% of women that support abortion.
I say that number is BS.

Your post is pretty sad, as you think abortion (the taking of life) is a viable solution to poor morals.

Who is disengenuous??

Do you or your wife know any women who have had abortions??
If so, how do they feel about it today?

1. I made no comment at all concerning Franco's stats. I suspect that the stats are greatly affected by exactly how you ask the question.

2. Are you sure you know what the word means?

3. I have no idea. I will say that the folks I know the best are SMART and WELL EDUCATED, so fully capable of using contraception correctly, and thus somewhat less likely to have needed abortions. I would also say that most have had the number of children they PLANNED to have, including those (like me) who have none. I am sure that some folks who have abortions regret it. I am equally sure that many people regret having children, and many of those children suffer for it.

However, the point that the OP had in mind (I know him well) was "What a stupid thing for Romney to sound off on at this point". The RTLers in the crowd should REALLY be upset that he chose to bring this up again at this point.

Franco
10-11-2012, 07:50 PM
It ain't good when you step in your own droppings, is it????

You pretty used to saying what ever you want and no one calling you on it!!??!!??

Ain't how it works here, is it?

Honestly, I have zero idea what you are talking about. You misquoted me about PP and I brought it to your attention!

huntinman
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I have zero idea what I am talking about. You misquoted me about PP and I brought it to your attention!

Fixed it for you.

Franco
10-11-2012, 08:01 PM

Mr Cheapshot, if you didn't have your head up your arse, you would realize it is all over the media including the Big 3 networks!

huntinman
10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Mr Cheapshot, if you didn't have your head up your arse, you would realize it is all over the media including the Big 3 networks!

Of course the lame streamer's are going to talk about it. Which one is your favorite? Chris Matthews?

road kill
10-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank goodness, I was getting tired of hearing about Big Bird.
You think the media will ever discuss the economy or foreign policy?

Or do you have ZERO idea what I am talking about?????

Franco
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
What difference does it make? The Dems and the Repubs are both disasters when it comes to the Economy and Foreign Policy!

Sundown49 aka Otey B
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Franco I don't want to get banned but go back and read a post I made to you on an earlier thread......about your hero Ron Fruit Loop Paul

Franco
10-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Franco I don't want to get banned but go back and read a post I made to you on an earlier thread......about your hero Ron Fruit Loop Paul

I don't remember it.

However, I liken the support for the Dems and Repubs to a herd of bison running off a steep cliff. They are all just following one another off the cliff.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/76800_445008355544871_1003003458_n.jpg

ARay11
10-12-2012, 06:44 PM
my problem with planned parenthood..... http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/28/Planned-Parenthood-Launches-Anti-Romney-Ad-Campaign

ARay11
10-12-2012, 06:45 PM
my problem with planned parenthood..... http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/28/Planned-Parenthood-Launches-Anti-Romney-Ad-Campaign

and besides that....if everyone has obamacare then who needs planned parenthood???????

Cody Covey
10-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Honestly, I have zero idea what you are talking about. You misquoted me about PP and I brought it to your attention!
You mentioned abortion in your original post and went on to say how PP doesn't use federal money for abortions which makes absolutely no sense outside of an accountants book. They have capital to use for the operation of their business; if they didn't have the federal money they wouldn't be able to provide those services.

Franco
10-13-2012, 11:54 AM
You mentioned abortion in your original post and went on to say how PP doesn't use federal money for abortions which makes absolutely no sense outside of an accountants book. They have capital to use for the operation of their business; if they didn't have the federal money they wouldn't be able to provide those services.

A couple of months while scanning through the radio dial, I heard the head of PP on the Laura Ingram show. Of course, Laura was constatntly talking over the woman but, I did hear her say that there are seperate budgets and that abortions are less than 4% of thier total budget. So, I went to thier website and researced it.

They have one budget funded by the government which covers basic women's health issues. Private donations are placed in a seperate account and also helo with covering basic female health issues and well as abortions.

So, tax money does NOT pay for abortions. Creative accounting? Yes. Violation of one's 1st Amendment Rights? No.

Will Romney's attackes on PP cost him votes? Most definitely, YES.

huntinman
10-13-2012, 12:39 PM
A couple of months while scanning through the radio dial, I heard the head of PP on the Laura Ingram show. Of course, Laura was constatntly talking over the woman but, I did hear her say that there are seperate budgets and that abortions are less than 4% of thier total budget. So, I went to thier website and researced it.

They have one budget funded by the government which covers basic women's health issues. Private donations are placed in a seperate account and also helo with covering basic female health issues and well as abortions.

So, tax money does NOT pay for abortions. Creative accounting? Yes. Violation of one's 1st Amendment Rights? No.

It's such a non issue... issue that he will still win going away... Just like the Gamecocks will tonight;)

ARay11
10-13-2012, 02:08 PM

PP has no space in an Obama care world. Period. They are funneling tax dollars into Dem's SuperPACs and their own head states plainly they wish to become a political powerhouse. This has nothing to do with Women's health and it reeks of misappropriation of funds.

Franco
10-14-2012, 10:25 AM
It's such a non issue... issue that he will still win going away... Just like the Gamecocks will tonight;)

THe final score wasn't as close as the game itself. LSU's D dominated the #3 Chickens and ran all over them with a Freshman RB! Always sweet in overwhelming a 3rd ranked team!

huntinman
10-14-2012, 02:58 PM
THe final score wasn't as close as the game itself. LSU's D dominated the #3 Chickens and ran all over them with a Freshman RB! Always sweet in overwhelming a 3rd ranked team!

Yes... I posted on the main board... Great game for the Tigers. Not so good for the Gamecocks. Tigers really responded well to last weeks loss and just took it to SC. They may meet again later on.