PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear vrs/ Rancher Four-wheelers

Kelly
08-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Fixi'n to get me a new bike for hunting and setting out training equipment.
Has anyone heard anything about these two bikes, good or bad?

Anthony Heath
08-08-2003, 11:02 PM
I don't have one, but from what I understand from friends who ride for recreation, Hondas are the way to go.

Anthony

Kenny Broussard
08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Have the Honda Rancher ES. No complaints whatsoever, fine machine.

DKR
08-12-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a 01 Honda Rubicon it's been wonderful. It's never let me down. My only thing I would complain about is that it is full time 4wd and most of the time I only need 2wd. It makes the steering more difficult and you can't do a cool power slide :lol: .

It probably doesn't matter which you choose both are fine machines. The Hondas have a rep for a work horse and the Yamaha is a little more comfortable.

Remember this isn't worth the price of a cup of coffee. :microwave:

Gerard Rozas
08-13-2003, 09:39 AM
lets see
In our training group we run 2 Hondas, 2 Kawasaki, 2 Polaris, and 1 Yamaha. The Hondas are by far the best and tightest machines made. Really commerical grade, built to work. Everything else seems like a rattle trap compared to the Hondas

Mike Peters-labguy23
08-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Take a look at the Kawasaki's I own one. I also work for an ATV dealer and we see very very little problems! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

lablover
12-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Don't forget Honda's reliability and greater resale value.
I owned a Rancher and loved it. Now have a Honda Rubicon and it's great.

Kenny Broussard
12-19-2003, 01:52 PM
Don't know anything about the Big Bear, have the Rancher ES Great Bike.
Before the Rancher, had a polaris, no comparison whatsover to the honda.

TX_Duck_hunter
01-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Ill throw my two cents in. We run nothing but Yamahas, the Kodiaks and Grizzlys. Everyone on my deer lease runs Yamaha and Honda. I have NOTHING bad to say about Honda. The main thing I would recommend from my experience around ATV's is size and options. As far as options, the number one complaint I hear about is like what was mentioned before, if it will change from 4-wheel-drive to 2-wheel-drive. Also, the diff lockers. If you do any off-roading, the diff-lockers are priceless. I dont think you can go wrong with either Yamaha or Honda. I think every manufacture has there good and bad points but Honda has definitly proven itself in the ATV market, and I believe Yamaha has to. Any specific questions, feel free to PM me, I am on mine or someones ATV everyday and feel pretty confident in helping you. If you did already buy one, what was it and how do you like it?