PDA

View Full Version : What is a commander in charge of?

Sundown49 aka Otey B
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
When I was training to become an Officer in the Army many moons ago I was told or instructed that anyone in command was in charge of everything DONE or NOT DONE while they were in command. Seems that that small thing does not apply all the way from the lowliest 2nd Lt all the way up to the COMMANDER IN CHIEF...........just my thoughts.

helencalif
10-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here."

I don't know that any President since Truman has really advocated that.

Currently, Fast & Furious went only so high up the chain of command and stopped.
With the Benghazi attack, we are going to see the responsibility for denying security go only so high up the chain of command. There are rules in place, you know.

We are going to be told that maybe somebody in the Administration knew it was a terrorist attack, but never told the VP nor the President. Kind of makes you wonder why the Admin. has those security meetings. Oh, maybe the VP and the Pres. did not attend.

gmhr1
10-15-2012, 07:46 PM
My husband was a company commander he was in charge of everything the Good the Bad and ugly. The Boss is the Boss. Hillary is responsible and she works for the President. Hillary knew so did Obama & Biden they were all involved in trying to cover this up.