PDA

View Full Version : Why did Romney run from the gun control question?

mngundog
10-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Why did Romney run as fast as he could from the question? How do you feel about Romney's past history of being an advocate for gun control?

Mike Boufford
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Have no clue because I didn't watch the debate. Perhaps he has changed his stance on the topic, and quite possibly to the point of convincing the NRA to endorse him. The NRA could have stayed neutral but chose to back Romney.

mngundog
10-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Have no clue because I didn't watch the debate. Perhaps he has changed his stance on the topic, and quite possibly to the point of convincing the NRA to endorse him. The NRA could have stayed neutral but chose to back Romney.
It seems like he didn't change his stance on gun control instead he changed the topic.

helencalif
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Remember: under Obama's watch, the ATF's Fast and Furious operation sent AK47s and other assault weapons (2,000) into Mexico and directly into the hands of the drug cartels. Many Mexican lives were lost and some American lives as well. Most of those guns are still in the hands of the drug cartels. The ATF did this with the knowledge of the Dept of Justice. This is a proven fact.

Mike Boufford
10-17-2012, 12:04 PM
It seems like he didn't change his stance on gun control instead he changed the topic.

And Obama brought up the assault weapons ban once again so we well know where the incumbent stands; on the wrong side of the debate. He has no understanding of a person's right to self defense (check his record at the state level as well as the national level). Does Obama have a plan to stop criminal activity, or the entry of illegal weapons (not to mention illegal aliens) into thsi country? No his plan is to impose laws upon those who will follow those laws instead of going after those who do not follow the law in the first place.

mngundog
10-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Remember: under Obama's watch, the ATF's Fast and Furious operation sent AK47s and other assault weapons (2,000) into Mexico and directly into the hands of the drug cartels. Many Mexican lives were lost and some American lives as well. Most of those guns are still in the hands of the drug cartels. The ATF did this with the knowledge of the Dept of Justice. This is a proven fact.
Yes, I know but your doing the same thing Romney is doing, CHANGING THE SUBJECT, the question was is how do you feel about Romney's record of being a gun control nutcase?

Uncle Bill
10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, I know but your doing the same thing Romney is doing, CHANGING THE SUBJECT, the question was is how do you feel about Romney's record of being a gun control nutcase?

Well then, as we suspect, you'll just be voting for Obama again. He's certainly no "gun control nutcase"????????

You're attempts at spinning what you heard is just what we can expect from all those in the tank for the regime.

You have apparently enjoyed all the "Hopey/Change" the past 4 years, and are looking forward to continuing that program. I'm just amazed how well Obama has done at making sheeple out of all the leftists, when to my knowledge, he hasn't kept any of his promises he made in '08. But when you have fallen for his lies then, it's only natural you would spin it all so you can ignore all his lies now.

UB

mngundog
10-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Well then, as we suspect, you'll just be voting for Obama again. He's certainly no "gun control nutcase"????????

You're attempts at spinning what you heard is just what we can expect from all those in the tank for the regime.

You have apparently enjoyed all the "Hopey/Change" the past 4 years, and are looking forward to continuing that program. I'm just amazed how well Obama has done at making sheeple out of all the leftists, when to my knowledge, he hasn't kept any of his promises he made in '08. But when you have fallen for his lies then, it's only natural you would spin it all so you can ignore all his lies now.

UB
Quite the opposite, I still plan on voting for Romney, but as a conservative I am very interesting in knowing how I spun anything. Did not Romney run from the question? Does not Romney's voting record reflect he is in favor of gun control? It was just a simple question, no spin at all. Does it scare you that the next President may very well be appointing Supreme Court Justices and both candidates are in favor of gun control?

Uncle Bill
10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Quite the opposite, I still plan on voting for Romney, but as a conservative I am very interesting in knowing how I spun anything. Did not Romney run from the question? Does not Romney's voting record reflect he is in favor of gun control? It was just a simple question, no spin at all. Does it scare you that the next President may very well be appointing Supreme Court Justices and both candidates are in favor of gun control?

If that's what concerns you, by all means, contact him and voice your objections. Or, a much easier way to voice your concerns is posting a letter to the editor in any of the NRA magazines. I'll look forward to reading your comments, assuming you are a member of the NRA.

UB

BonMallari
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I really dont care what Romney's stance is toward the 2A......

What I do care about is the stance of those that he would appoint to SCOTUS and their stance on the 2A and the constitution

Elections do have their consequences

Jason Glavich
10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
He answered the question at first then changed his tune because of putting a ban in place while governor that was bipartisan(his words not mine).

He wants the NRA backing, he just does not know how to say No I wont consider a AW ban, because he did put one in place.

So does anyone know if during the ban that violent crime went down? Did it go up? I am just curious.

menmon
10-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Hard to shoot fliers with an AK47

mngundog
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
The AR is the platform of choice among coyote hunters here, I know about 20 guys that use these hunting rifles many of them over 65. What did Romney say about the hunting rifles:
“These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
Pretty scary that the two choices in candidates we have will probably have the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices and they both have dangerous views about gun control.

Marvin S
10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
The AR is the platform of choice among coyote hunters here, I know about 20 guys that use these hunting rifles many of them over 65. What did Romney say about the hunting rifles:
Pretty scary that the two choices in candidates we have will probably have the ability to appoint Supreme Court Justices and they both have dangerous views about gun control.

just got my American Hunter today - It's Romney-Ryan all the way :cool:

mngundog
10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
just got my American Hunter today - It's Romney-Ryan all the way :cool:

Yes that is quite entertaining that Jim Zumbo made essentially the same quotes that Romney did about the same rifles and the NRA condemned the man, yet Romney gets endorsed for banning those same rifles that Zumbo simply mentioned in a blog.

huntinman
10-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes that is quite entertaining that Jim Zumbo made essentially the same quotes that Romney did about the same rifles and the NRA condemned the man, yet Romney gets endorsed for banning those same rifles that Zumbo simply mentioned in a blog.

You're gonna have to find something a little stronger, this line of attack isn't working...

BonMallari
10-17-2012, 05:38 PM

the NRA also gave Harry Reid an A rating....I think they pick the battles they can win and the players that can win the battles for their agenda

charly_t
10-17-2012, 11:50 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .

You got that right for sure.

Brandoned
10-18-2012, 08:24 AM
I really dont care what Romney's stance is toward the 2A......

What I do care about is the stance of those that he would appoint to SCOTUS and their stance on the 2A and the constitution

Elections do have their consequences

This might be the most important thing people should think about when they vote!!!

Contrary to what people think, Obama has already been behind the scenes screwing with gun stores. Right after the CO shooting he sent the ATF out in full force (here in GA anyways) going over paperwork as far back as the stores had sold guns looking for any errors. One store east of Atlanta had a minor, minor error from 10 years ago and they were given 72 hours to shut down. A friend of mine owns a gun store and they spent 2 days going thru his stuff looking for ANYTHING they could find.

Trust me I am not wild about Romney and his past with gun laws, but it sure as heck beats what Obama has up his sleeve!

road kill
10-18-2012, 08:53 AM
If you like Obama and the secular progressives veiws and desires on guns,gun control and gun legislation over Romneys, than by all means, vote for them!!!!:D

I can just see you wearing a button on your shirt stating;
"I support Obama's gun laws!!!!"
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/Treita/ROFLMAO.jpg

Puhleeeeese.................

M&K's Retrievers
10-18-2012, 09:04 AM

But rioters, not so much.

menmon
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
It is hard to believe someone that has been on the wrong side of just about everything republicans hold true. Gun control being one.

Now lets talk about gun control. You want find a more avid waterfowl hunter than me, but with that comes a great deal of responsibility.

Having grown up cajun country, we start learning how to blow a duck call on granddaddy lap and wading the marsh and poling a pirogue in the marsh by the time we are 8 year old with no adult supervision. Having said that, we have been backhanded by our dads once or twice on improper use of a gun in away that still resinates in our mind at age 50, by this time.

The problem today is that these kids did not have these life leasons. Most have not seen the life drain out of a deer from a gun shot. Point being they have no clue what taking a life really means. Moving own to the boy that has no real self confidence since life has dealt him an unfair hand but a gun makes him tough.

The law reads if you have not been convicted of a crime or mentally ill, you can own a gun. The problem with this is it does not account for the "yet" convicted of a crime or deemed mentally ill.

This NRA position of no obstruction of gun ownership is irrisponsible. We should set down and determine a way to understand that a person is responsible enough to own a gun and go from there.

I went through one of these right to carry classes and any yahoo can pass it and it is scary knowing that we have idiots walking around with guns here in Texas

huntinman
10-18-2012, 09:58 AM
It is hard to believe someone that has been on the wrong side of just about everything republicans hold true. Gun control being one.

Now lets talk about gun control. You want find a more avid waterfowl hunter than me, but with that comes a great deal of responsibility.

Having grown up cajun country, we start learning how to blow a duck call on granddaddy lap and wading the marsh and poling a pirogue in the marsh by the time we are 8 year old with no adult supervision. Having said that, we have been backhanded by our dads once or twice on improper use of a gun in away that still resinates in our mind at age 50, by this time.

The problem today is that these kids did not have these life leasons. Most have not seen the life drain out of a deer from a gun shot. Point being they have no clue what taking a life really means. Moving own to the boy that has no real self confidence since life has dealt him an unfair hand but a gun makes him tough.

The law reads if you have not been convicted of a crime or mentally ill, you can own a gun. The problem with this is it does not account for the "yet" convicted of a crime or deemed mentally ill.

This NRA position of no obstruction of gun ownership is irrisponsible. We should set down and determine a way to understand that a person is responsible enough to own a gun and go from there.

I went through one of these right to carry classes and any yahoo can pass it and it is scary knowing that we have idiots walking around with guns here in Texas

Some of those "idiots" might think the same about you, especially if they ever read anything you posted here.

menmon
10-18-2012, 09:59 AM
If coyote shooters knew how to shoot they would not need a riot gun to shoot them. If you make every shot count, you will kill more coyotes, so hunt with a gun that hits where you aim it

menmon
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Funny you said that because I was thinking about you while writing this post.

huntinman
10-18-2012, 10:06 AM
If coyote shooters knew how to shoot they would not need a riot gun to shoot them. If you make every shot count, you will kill more coyotes, so hunt with a gun that hits where you aim it

Do you shoot a single-shot while duck hunting? It is none of your business what someone shoots if it is legal.

huntinman
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Funny you said that because I was thinking about you while writing this post.

You are more like Obama than you know...

Brandoned
10-18-2012, 10:22 AM

I do not coyote hunt with an AR style gun and do not own one myself, but are you saying you are for a ban against them? I myself think that someone should be allowed to hunt with whatever they want too! If we let them have AR style rifle's, what is next, semi-auto's, etc, etc?

road kill
10-18-2012, 10:28 AM

This post is not only INSANE, it is fundamentally un-American.

Who decides who can own a gun?
YOU, or someone like YOU??
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f151/Treita/ROFLMAO.jpg

PUHLEEEESE!!!!!

caryalsobrook
10-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Most any idiot knows that there LEGAL reasons for one to own a gun other than hunting or protection. That also includes an AK-47. I'm sure MOST on this forum are aware of this.

menmon
10-18-2012, 10:40 AM
There needs to be a discussion...both sides have it wrong....

menmon
10-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Tell me stan...in your town do you know someone that has a gun and you think it is wise that they do?

huntinman
10-18-2012, 10:44 AM
There needs to be a discussion...both sides have it wrong....

So, in your infinite wisdom... You are smarter than our founding fathers?

road kill
10-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Tell me stan...in your town do you know someone that has a gun and you think it is wise that they do?
I live in America, it is a Constitutional RIGHT!!!!!

Second Amendment - Bearing Arms

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What part don't you understand???

LokiMeister
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM

So now you are saying that we need to go to Tom Cruise's "Minority Report" and start convicting people for crimes they haven't committed but will? That's like saying that the cop is going to give me a speeding ticket right now for when I go home tonight because I am going to travel 5mph over the speed limit. That's not how the law works. You can't get arrested for something you haven't done yet.

menmon
10-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I get it....but taking from the constitution...idiots with guns do not secure the free state...they make it less free

Sue Kiefer
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I do agree it IS our constitutional right.
But unfortunately , back when our founding fathers were drafting this piece of paper they weren't aware of the future idiots(Like the Colorada shooter, or the numerous college campus shootings, road rage, gangs with guns, drugs, the list is endless).
Has anyone put yourself in the victims places?
Just saying..............

huntinman
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I get it....but taking from the constitution...idiots with guns do not secure the free state...they make it less free

Might be time to turn yours in if you are that worried.

menmon
10-18-2012, 10:55 AM
No what I'm saying it should not be easy to own a gun. Put a little responsibility with it and you will be amazed at who drops out of the equation...the ones that need out of it

dixidawg
10-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Just a "few more common sense gun control laws" is all we need. The 22,000 that are already on the books are not enough.

LokiMeister
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM

We generally have open borders also, that's part of being FREE...

Idiots and criminals will always have guns...

JS
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't care who you vote for. Not gonna change anyone's mind here, BUT let's be factual regarding gun legislation.

To my knowledge, there has been only one piece of gun related legislation passed ... even introduced ... by this administration. And that was to legalize carrying a concealed weapon, with the proper permit, in a National Park.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

JS

And for the record, I don't want anyone messing with my right to own a gun ... just don't see the Demos interested in doing that.

dixidawg
10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Then there's the whole fast and furious thing...

And ATF "inspections"

and last but not least Sotomayor and Kagan, the gifts that will keep on giving.....

charly_t
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
No what I'm saying it should not be easy to own a gun. Put a little responsibility with it and you will be amazed at who drops out of the equation...the ones that need out of it

Oklahoma used to be a dry state and I was grown before it changed. People were drinking.....they just hid that small fact. Bootlegging was a thriving business. Moonshining was going on also. If people start passing restrictive gun laws nothing will change with people buying and owning guns. Just the way they are bought and kept will change.

Lets see.......government will charge a fee for each owner permit and then tax your gun. If your permit expires they will charge you for that. If you haven't purchased your license etc. they will arrest you......more government income. And more government employees to manage all this. Guess what, we all pay through the nose. Now truely who did it help. I don't see those who commit crimes doing anything differently. Black market alive and well for sure though.

HPL
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Although on the surface, this might seem a reasonable argument, I would speculate that the real nut jobs, the one's we really need to be worried about, would be fixated enough to do what they needed to in order to obtain a weapon.

road kill
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Should we use your criteria for voting as well?????

Just askin'.........

smillerdvm
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't care who you vote for. Not gonna change anyone's mind here, BUT let's be factual regarding gun legislation.

To my knowledge, there has been only one piece of gun related legislation passed ... even introduced ... by this administration. And that was to legalize carrying a concealed weapon, with the proper permit, in a National Park.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

JS

And for the record, I don't want anyone messing with my right to own a gun ... just don't see the Demos interested in doing that.

Obviously new here, Stick around and you will see that the last thing the vast majority of zealots on here want to be confused by are FACTS

The sky is still falling Cindy, Gman etc etc etc

menmon
10-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Although on the surface, this might seem a reasonable argument, I would speculate that the real nut jobs, the one's we really need to be worried about, would be fixated enough to do what they needed to in order to obtain a weapon.

I never said it was an easy problem to solve...I would like a discussion. Not a my way or the highway discussion...its broken and if it stays on this path the majority of the people in america will one day be against guns. Us hunters are a dying breed.