PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder How Difficult It Would Be...

M&K's Retrievers
10-18-2012, 02:53 PM
..to find a debate moderator that both sides could agree on that didn't have a media resume or an obvious liberal/conservation bias? Just a moderator that could ask the questions and stay out of the way except to see that the rules of engagement are followed. Moderators should be referees and that's it. How hard would it be to turn off the participants mike until it's their turn to speak?

I understand that finding a cure for diseases, space exploration, finding alternative fuel sources and even getting my dog Angus from crushing the duck are difficult endeavors but how hard can it be to run a fair debate?

I feel better now. :)

Franco
10-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I think Charlie Rose from Bloomberg TV would be a great Moderator. Who is moderating Monday night?

huntinman
10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I think Charlie Rose from Bloomberg TV would be a great Moderator. Who is moderating Monday night?

Scheiffer................

gmhr1
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
How about a robot!

M&K's Retrievers
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I was thinking about Floyd the Barber.

Uncle Bill
10-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Scheiffer................

Now there-ya-go...NO BIAS in old Bob, eh??????

Many moons ago, I called him on some bias that was so obvious even CBS observed he 'may' have done better than he did. But he is such a Democrat toad, he's not even aware of his bias. Like most of the "News-reporters" from that era...Wallace, Morley, Jennings, and my personal favorite directly from the peoples republic of eastern Sodak, that big supporter of George McGovern...good ole' Tom Brokenjaw.

These 'moderators' are selected for their popularity in the MSP. Can you imagine the furor it would cause among the MSP, if that august body that makes these selections had suggested Brit Hume, or Jim Angle?

I too, would favor Floyd the barber, or Mr. MaGoo.

UB

Pals
10-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I want that gig!!! I would be am awesome moderator. AND I woud hook both of them up to my Pro500, anyone interupts get a low 4, outright falsehoods: high 5. No town hall bs. You have a podium and a chair. You sit down and shut up, when the other guy is answering questions. You get up and go to the podium to answer the question. Any clapping, comments or eye rolling from the audiance will earn them a HIGH 5 from the chair buzzers I want installed prior to the debate.

Sue Kiefer
10-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I also want to hit a high 6 for any talk that is all wrapped up in Political BS .
I want the facts NOT BS.
I want it drawn up on a chalkboard not taken out of context,not what I want to hear ,NO BS.

BrettG
10-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Better have a bunch of replacement batteries, I feel your collars would die quickly from over use. But it would be fun to watch them take a few burns for BS or avoiding questions which they both are so good at.

charly_t
10-19-2012, 03:14 PM
I want that gig!!! I would be am awesome moderator. AND I woud hook both of them up to my Pro500, anyone interupts get a low 4, outright falsehoods: high 5. No town hall bs. You have a podium and a chair. You sit down and shut up, when the other guy is answering questions. You get up and go to the podium to answer the question. Any clapping, comments or eye rolling from the audiance will earn them a HIGH 5 from the chair buzzers I want installed prior to the debate.

This sounds like a plan to me ! LOL