PDA

View Full Version : Big Bird & Binders!!!!!

road kill
10-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Forget the economy, Behngahzi, gas prices, unemployment, the debt etc.

The secular progressives (I only call them that because they BOO God;-)) have Big Bird & Binders.

huntinman
10-19-2012, 09:03 PM

The secular progressives (I only call them that because they BOO God;-)) have Big Bird & Binders.

And don't forget Romnesia:rolleyes:

Marvin S
10-19-2012, 10:34 PM

When your accomplishments are all negative, CHANGE THE SUBJECT :)!!!!!!

luvmylabs23139
10-20-2012, 07:56 AM
The dems had someone dressed up as Big Bird outside the first open early voting place in our county the other day. Sad that this is what it has come down to.

Ken Bora
10-20-2012, 08:55 AM
The dems had someone dressed up as Big Bird outside the first open early voting place in our county the other day. Sad that this is what it has come down to.

local saturday morning news story / filler just now. Big Bird costumes are flying (pun intended) off shelves. Surge to top as most popular adult halloween costume. Gee, with all that extra ca$h flow big bird wont need public assistance no more anyways!

JS
10-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Apparently not everyone is aware of the origin of the “big bird controversy”.

As I recall from the first debate, Gov. Romney brought up PBS (and called Big Bird by name) as an example of spending cuts he would propose to compensate for the tax cuts he would propose. The president and his supporters have pointed out that the “government assistance” to PBS is such a miniscule part of the federal budget that it would be a drop in the ocean when it comes to balancing his budget.

When the governor was pressed for specific examples of more meaningful spending cuts, none were forthcoming so the big bird levity flourished. I agree, it IS pretty funny.

JS

Julie R.
10-20-2012, 11:03 PM
local saturday morning news story / filler just now. Big Bird costumes are flying (pun intended) off shelves. Surge to top as most popular adult halloween costume. Gee, with all that extra ca$h flow big bird wont need public assistance no more anyways!

Speaking of halloween costumes....
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/267790_10151204874162365_665074057_n.jpg

gmhr1
10-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Now thats scary!

luvmylabs23139
10-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Apparently not everyone is aware of the origin of the “big bird controversy”.

As I recall from the first debate, Gov. Romney brought up PBS (and called Big Bird by name) as an example of spending cuts he would propose to compensate for the tax cuts he would propose. The president and his supporters have pointed out that the “government assistance” to PBS is such a miniscule part of the federal budget that it would be a drop in the ocean when it comes to balancing his budget.

When the governor was pressed for specific examples of more meaningful spending cuts, none were forthcoming so the big bird levity flourished. I agree, it IS pretty funny.

JS

I watched that debate. I really comes down to adding up all of the money spent on things that are not required under the constitution. Big Bird and Seseme Street generate huge revenues thru character liscenses and if anyone had the true financials it would be obvious it makes a ton of money. When cookie monster went PC my disgust grew. What have they done to the Cookie Monster of my childhood? Michelle the food police killed him!!!!