PDA

View Full Version : Partisan Politics ?

Franco
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Why nothing will change after the election. Only Gary Johnson has put forth a budget that reduces spending by 43% and takes on the Deficit!:mad:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/47386_479024878786321_1808936054_n.jpg

BonMallari
10-22-2012, 09:44 AM
and how would GJ or any Ind POTUS even get a budget voted on in a Dem majority Senate....Harry wont even bring a BHO budget up for a vote

Franco
10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
and how would GJ or any Ind POTUS even get a budget voted on in a Dem majority Senate....Harry wont even bring a BHO budget up for a vote

How is Mitt goping to get a budget pass the Senate ot Obama pass the House?

At least Gary Johnson would be an eye-opener and the revolution that is needed in getting this country back to The Constitution!

M&K's Retrievers
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
You might as well be talking about how my dog Tucker would bring about world peace if elected. Tucker and Johnson have the same chance of winning.We can afford to have you waste your vote in LA. Not so much in other states. I'm not sure which is more tiresome. Romney and Obama's BS or yours. :)

BonMallari
10-22-2012, 10:06 AM
How is Mitt goping to get a budget pass the Senate ot Obama pass the House?

At least Gary Johnson would be an eye-opener and the revolution that is needed in getting this country back to The Constitution!

When Mitt wins, he will have a Rep majority in both Houses...if BHO squeaks out a win, it will be 4 more years of gridlock

Gary Johnson does not have the clout or charisma to lead a revolution

Franco
10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
You might as well be talking about how my dog Tucker would bring about world peace if elected. Tucker and Johnson have the same chance of winning.We can afford to have you waste your vote in LA. Not so much in other states. I'm not sure which is more tiresome. Romney and Obama's BS or yours. :)

At least I don't consider myself as part of the problem!;-)

I liken the support of either Obama/Romney to a herd of Bison running off of a cliff with only a few Bison running in the opposite direction.

dback
10-22-2012, 10:13 AM

Of course not........since you've made yourself irrelevant.

Franco
10-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Of course not........since you've made yourself irrelevant.

Well, if irrelevant means thinking that;

We should live within a budget, with a Balanced Budget Amendment
That we should not be allowing foreign banks to control our Monetary Policy
That growing a 16 TRILLION Debt is not in our best interest
That policing the world does not serve the interest of tax payers
That we have a Constituition that needs to be followed
That we need to hold our Politicians accountable
and
that I don't follow any party blindly ignoring facts

then yes, I am irrelevant!

"The most significant threat to our national security is our debt." - Admiral Michael Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/22/news/economy/national-security-debt/?source=cnn_bin

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.8.403.403/p403x403/553562_10150924927449364_587449732_n.jpg

mudminnow
10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Franco, what is this stunt you are trying to pull with thinking rationally and looking at facts? That has no place in politics, "i want to be on the winning team no matter if all my rights are stripped away" is the slogan you need to be spreading

dback
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
We should live within a budget, with a Balanced Budget Amendment
That we should not be allowing foreign banks to control our Monetary Policy
That growing a 16 TRILLION Debt is not in our best interest
That policing the world does not serve the interest of tax payers
That we have a Constituition that needs to be followed
That we need to hold our Politicians accountable
and
that I don't follow any party blindly ignoring facts

OK......I agree 100% or nearly so on each point. Where we disagree is that I prefer to support the party that most closely reflects those values and then hold them to it as best as possible. They stand at least some reasonable chance of winning. You on the other hand, believes you will win the popular vote with a complete unknown/inexperienced and that when elected, your complete unknown will not be faced with any of the realities of the job and he will do everything and only those things that you envisioned.

Utopian pipe dream, therefore.....
yes, I am irrelevant!

Franco
10-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Johnson is not inexperienced, he is a two term gov of N Mexico.

https://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/1115108/22cab92c9a5570239645652913dcfb29/image/jpeg

BonMallari
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM

I liken the support of either Obama/Romney to a herd of Bison running off of a cliff with only a few Bison running in the opposite direction.

did you vote for anyone in the House or Senate ?, trying to claim that somehow you are above it all and not responsible is somewhat typical of you Franco, I predicted this correctly awhile back that you would claim that since your candidate of choice for POTUS wasnt going to win that you would claim your own personal mea culpa..

Typical indy play to claim no fault, the fact of the matter is that WE as a country are all at fault for the direction our country is in, by the choices we have made and by voting and not voting, we all share culpability regardless of party affiliation

Pete
10-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Typical indy play to claim no fault, the fact of the matter is that WE as a country are all at fault for the direction our country is in, by the choices we have made and by voting and not voting, we all share culpability regardless of party affiliation

Bon
I honestly have never understood this logic. I cannot see how the problems the country has can be the fault of someone who has been against the political practices of ou times. Few of the candidates I have voted for in the last 24 years have won. I would think it is the fault of the people who keep voting these people in. Short of joining a militia and inciting a revolution how can this mess be my fault.
I'm curious of the logic
thanks
Pete

zeus3925
10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey Franco, maybe you should write the ad copy for Johnson. The libertarian ads are amateurish and are not up to the quality of a modern campaign. I would think from your writings here, that you could do a far better job.

road kill
10-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey Franco, maybe you should write the ad copy for Johnson. The libertarian ads are amateurish and are not up to the quality of a modern campaign. I would think from your writings here, that you could do a far better job.
I thought he was.............:cool:

Franco
10-22-2012, 01:53 PM
did you vote for anyone in the House or Senate ?, trying to claim that somehow you are above it all and not responsible is somewhat typical of you Franco, I predicted this correctly awhile back that you would claim that since your candidate of choice for POTUS wasnt going to win that you would claim your own personal mea culpa..

For Senate, I voted for Melacon (D) over Vitter (R). Vitter won.
For the House, I voted for Dr Boustany(R). For 2012 he is running against a little Tea Party Nazi named Landry(R). I'll vote for Boustany again!

I voted for Bush43, so I'll take that blame. I thought he was the lesser of two Evils, though I doubt Gore or Kerry would have gotten us involved in two needless wars.

This country needs a Reformer! We ain't getting one on November 6th. If we are still around at the end of 2015, I am willing to wager that our National Debt will be around 20TRILLION. And, that if Romney wins, he will get the full support of the Repubs is raising the Debt Ceiling.

Oh, and thanks Sarge. Going against the status quo voters is always a huge challenge.

BonMallari
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Bon
I honestly have never understood this logic. I cannot see how the problems the country has can be the fault of someone who has been against the political practices of ou times. Few of the candidates I have voted for in the last 24 years have won. I would think it is the fault of the people who keep voting these people in. Short of joining a militia and inciting a revolution how can this mess be my fault.
I'm curious of the logic
thanks
Pete

It's not your fault personally , it's our fault as a society, it's our pop culture where we glorify sports heroes and movie stars, and yes even supermodels, but maybe we should be glorifying someone else

huntinman
10-22-2012, 06:02 PM

I can write them... "Free Munchies For Everyone!!"

Franco
10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I can write them... "Free Munchies For Everyone!!"

That's an old trick the Repubs and Dems like to use. Pander and give free stuff away for votes.

Libertarians like Gary Johnson believe in a much smaller government that doesn't give anything away for free because they know if cost tax payers! Libertarians work for the people unlike what we have today where the people work for the Dems and Repubs and their wild frivilous spending.

huntinman
10-22-2012, 09:26 PM
That's an old trick the Repubs and Dems like to use. Pander and give free stuff away for votes.

Libertarians like Gary Johnson believe in a much smaller government that doesn't give anything away for free because they know if cost tax payers! Libertarians work for the people unlike what we have today where the people work for the Dems and Repubs and their wild frivilous spending.

Come on Franco... GJ will be giving away the free munchies because of all the pot he's smoking! Do I have to spell it out for you?

Franco
10-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Come on Franco... GJ will be giving away the free munchies because of all the pot he's smoking! Do I have to spell it out for you?

Your arguement is weak at best!

And, that you ignore all the other issues just proves it.

Marvin S
10-22-2012, 10:13 PM
OK......I agree 100% or nearly so on each point. Where we disagree is that I prefer to support the party that most closely reflects those values and then hold them to it as best as possible. They stand at least some reasonable chance of winning. You on the other hand, believes you will win the popular vote with a complete unknown/inexperienced and that when elected, your complete unknown will not be faced with any of the realities of the job and he will do everything and only those things that you envisioned.

Really good post!

On the good quotes thread on the main forum there is one that fits this to a "T".

"Build Momentum first & Precision will come - build Precision first & you will get neither"

Franco's game plan :confused::rolleyes::(:)

Franco
10-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Well, if you like what the Dems and Repubs have done to this country, keep supporting them. Personally, I'd like some serious reform and welcome a third voice. The electorate will get the government they deserve!

smillerdvm
10-23-2012, 09:31 PM

Like you, I also agree with each of Francos quoted points.
Unlike you I can't say that the Repubs are the party that most closely supports those values. I see the Rs and Dems as equally culpable on most of these points, and more culpable on some of them.

Please explain (with their actions not their words) what makes you believe the R's better support 100% of these stated values.
Also explain how supporting either of the status quo (Rep or Dem) parties dovetails with either of the last two lines of Francos post dealing with holding our politicians accountable, and not blindly following any party while blindly ignoring the facts.

Its time the electorate starts demanding our politicians to do whats best for the country and ignore the rhetoric and judge the bums actions not their words.

If that happened incumbents would almost always have lost in the past few decades as opposed to the reality of them almost never losing
We keep voting these idiots back in blindly thinking the country's going to hell because in spite of my (D or R) districts valiant efforts he has been thwarted by those crooked (D or R) pols from the other party or part of the country; thus perpetuating the mess we are in. The truthe is the Rs and Ds are both screwing us and will as long as we blindly support a party and not holding them accountable for their actual voting record NOT what the say they stand for, because they all campaign on promises of balancing the budget and stopping illegal immigration. Theoretically the House should vote 435-0 and the Senate 100-0 and have cleared up those two issues for example. How has that worked for ya?

For all the blather and ridicule you all toss at Franco it seems as he is the only one willing to look outside of supporting a proven failed model.

Franco
10-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Like you, I also agree with each of Francos quoted points.
Unlike you I can't say that the Repubs are the party that most closely supports those values. I see the Rs and Dems as equally culpable on most of these points, and more culpable on some of them.

Please explain (with their actions not their words) what makes you believe the R's better support 100% of these stated values.
Also explain how supporting either of the status quo (Rep or Dem) parties dovetails with either of the last two lines of Francos post dealing with holding our politicians accountable, and not blindly following any party while blindly ignoring the facts.

Its time the electorate starts demanding our politicians to do whats best for the country and ignore the rhetoric and judge the bums actions not their words.

If that happened incumbents would almost always have lost in the past few decades as opposed to the reality of them almost never losing
We keep voting these idiots back in blindly thinking the country's going to hell because in spite of my (D or R) districts valiant efforts he has been thwarted by those crooked (D or R) pols from the other party or part of the country; thus perpetuating the mess we are in. The truthe is the Rs and Ds are both screwing us and will as long as we blindly support a party and not holding them accountable for their actual voting record NOT what the say they stand for, because they all campaign on promises of balancing the budget and stopping illegal immigration. Theoretically the House should vote 435-0 and the Senate 100-0 and have cleared up those two issues for example. How has that worked for ya?

For all the blather and ridicule you all toss at Franco it seems as he is the only one willing to look outside of supporting a proven failed model.

Thanks Doc.

Don't you know that if Romney wins, he is going to turn the clock back and we will all be living like the TV show, "Happy Days";-)