PDA

View Full Version : Why does Colin Powell Hate America?

Buzz
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Coming from a Republican military leader, this is befuddling.

I wonder if Obama got along better with Colin when they were growing up in Kenya than Trump and Obama did???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xkGTPfGVk&feature=player_embedded

Check the comments from the racist jerks below the video...

Marvin S
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM

I wonder if Obama got along better with Colin when they were growing up in Kenya than Trump and Obama did???

Colin Powell is just another government retiree trying to be relevant enough to jack up his speaking fees :(. I believe this could be called "Biting the hand that fed you".

& Buzz, the only thing racist is one black guy endorsing another, really :(.

duckheads
10-25-2012, 09:01 AM
Sounds like he has the talking points down pat!

road kill
10-25-2012, 09:13 AM

First of all, what an odd, sullen post.
Secondly, Powell is not a Republican.
Thirdly, what about this makes you think he hates America??
Maybe the fact the guy he is endorsing does???:cool:

It is an interesting list Powell has joined.
Putin
Castro
Ahmadinejad

Jim Danis
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I've been very dissappointed in Powell since 2008. He is no more a Republican than Obama is. That whole interview was nothing more than an Obama commercial.

Franco
10-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Here is Powell explaining why he endorses Obama.
Asked if he was still a Republican, Powell said he still claimed the GOP as his political home. "Yes I think I'm a Republican of a more moderate mold, and that's something of a dying breed, I'm sorry to say."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/25/powell-endorses-obama-again/

And, I agree with him on Foreign Policy!

BonMallari
10-25-2012, 10:59 AM
IMO Powell has a personal axe to grind, he wasnt embraced by the Party after his stint as SOS,just like Wesley Clark they were two generals that probably should have stayed out of politics, the times have changed, you will probably never see another DDE because any former general will always be perceived as a hawk. Powell endorsing BHO wont change peoples minds, if anything it makes him more of a pariah,he may consider himself an R, but the Party has left him and vice versa...non factor

Marvin S
10-25-2012, 11:03 AM
And, I agree with him on Foreign Policy!

& that would be what - wasn't he SoS for 4 years, which in my mind would be more than enough time to implement some meaningful change :confused:. Talks cheap, when you have the ability to make change & do not, it's only talk!!!!!!!!!!

Franco
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
& that would be what - wasn't he SoS for 4 years, which in my mind would be more than enough time to implement some meaningful change :confused:. Talks cheap, when you have the ability to make change & do not, it's only talk!!!!!!!!!!

You must have missed the Foreign Policy debate!

Franco
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
IMO Powell has a personal axe to grind, he wasnt embraced by the Party after his stint as SOS,just like Wesley Clark they were two generals that probably should have stayed out of politics, the times have changed, you will probably never see another DDE because any former general will always be perceived as a hawk. Powell endorsing BHO wont change peoples minds, if anything it makes him more of a pariah,he may consider himself an R, but the Party has left him and vice versa...non factor

How about he was setup by Cheney and Rumsfeld to present bogus intelligence to the UN on Iraq's WND's!

Gerry Clinchy
10-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I wonder what a debate between Colin Powell and Allen West would look like?

BonMallari
10-25-2012, 05:14 PM
I wonder what a debate between Colin Powell and Allen West would look like?

would never happen because of their rank...Lt. Col West would never debate a fellow officer, let alone a former General, no matter how much disdain he may hold for him...but make no mistake West wont back down from anyone

Gerry Clinchy
10-26-2012, 10:17 AM
would never happen because of their rank...Lt. Col West would never debate a fellow officer, let alone a former General, no matter how much disdain he may hold for him...but make no mistake West wont back down from anyone
I sorta had that feeling that rank would play a role in deterring such a debate. I also see Allen West as the kind of man who would shy away from such a meeting that might detract from an officer with the significant career of Powell.

I truly can't understand Powell's reasoning about Obama. Perhaps he spent too much time in Washington.

Buzz
10-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I sorta had that feeling that rank would play a role in deterring such a debate. I also see Allen West as the kind of man who would shy away from such a meeting that might detract from an officer with the significant career of Powell.

I truly can't understand Powell's reasoning about Obama. Perhaps he spent too much time in Washington.

The thing that Powell has going for him is that he is a reasonable man. I doubt he would touch a debate with West with a 10 foot pole. West is insane, and I don't say that lightly...

huntinman
10-26-2012, 11:09 PM
The thing that Powell has going for him is that he is a reasonable man. I doubt he would touch a debate with West with a 10 foot pole. West is insane, and I don't say that lightly...

Yes... He's conservative. He must be insane. :rolleyes:

murral stark
11-02-2012, 09:10 PM

Conservative is one thing. That guy is like a rabid pitbull. Mr. Davis, how big is your dog that retrieves those big bucks you shoot? :p

huntinman
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Conservative is one thing. That guy is like a rabid pitbull. Mr. Davis, how big is your dog that retrieves those big bucks you shoot? :p

I did have a lab that thought he could retrieve a caribou once. I sent him after the shot and the dog ran out to the bull and looked at it, sort of thought about it for a second and ran back to me and just looked at me like I was crazy! That dog went with me on moose hunts, bighorn sheep hunts, caribou hunts and of course every kind of bird hunt. The only thing he didn't like was bears. He even retrieved a few snowshoe hares in Alaska. He was a trial dog too...

murral stark
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I did have a lab that thought he could retrieve a caribou once. I sent him after the shot and the dog ran out to the bull and looked at it, sort of thought about it for a second and ran back to me and just looked at me like I was crazy! That dog went with me on moose hunts, bighorn sheep hunts, caribou hunts and of course every kind of bird hunt. The only thing he didn't like was bears. He even retrieved a few snowshoe hares in Alaska. He was a trial dog too...
I can't say as I blame him about the bears. I have a little issue with trying to kill something that can kill me back. LOL That is so awesome that your dog went with you on those hunts. Dogs are great friends and they love you unconditionally.

Franco
11-03-2012, 05:56 AM

Yes, for what today's so-called Conservatives have become = insane. I wouldn't consider West as a Conservative but more radical right.