PDA

View Full Version : Name Calling

gman0046
10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
In the last few days this board has come alive with the subject of name calling. I'll be the first to admit that I've called Obama something other then Obama because I hold him in such low esteem. I honestly believe he does not have the best interests towards the American People and this great country at heart. Has anyone seen the montage of Obama's apology tour? It turns my stomach. I don't believe anyone has to apologize for our Country.

On the topic of name calling, I can't believe the president of the United States has lowered himself into the gutter. It seems his strategy for re-election is to resort to name calling of Governor Romeny. He continues to call Romney "a Liar, that he has Romnesia, and the latest and greatest a Bullshitter". Don't know about you but I expect better from the president of our great country. Can he spell Benghazi and lying to the American People? Obama has proved that he is no more then a common Chicago thug. Is this what we want from our president? I don't.

M&K's Retrievers
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I know of no reason to lower oneself to Obama's level.

BonMallari
10-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Obama is an agitator, thats what community organizers do,its a glossy title but they are the slick talking guys that go into neighborhoods and stir up the crowds..all you have to do is look at his campaign stops if you can stomach watching them, unfortunately the CBS affiliate here in Vegas broke programming to show his speech last night during the middle of CSI ,the ABC and NBC or Fox affiliates did not break from their schedules

calling Romney names like a BS'er may play well in the lower income areas and those that like that kind of language, but to middle class soccer mom America is will only hurt him...but then thats not his base anyway, at least not this time around

gmhr1
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Obama called Romney a BS'er only he used the actual word.

BonMallari
10-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Obama called Romney a BS'er only he used the actual word.

you need not look any farther than here on Potus for the same exact language,

mngundog
10-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Obama is an agitator, thats what community organizers do,its a glossy title but they are the slick talking guys that go into neighborhoods and stir up the crowds..all you have to do is look at his campaign stops if you can stomach watching them, unfortunately the CBS affiliate here in Vegas broke programming to show his speech last night during the middle of CSI ,the ABC and NBC or Fox affiliates did not break from their schedules

calling Romney names like a BS'er may play well in the lower income areas and those that like that kind of language, but to middle class soccer mom America is will only hurt him...but then thats not his base anyway, at least not this time around
I was with you till your last sentence then you completely lost me, my go news source is FoxNews and that kind of language and name calling is what Fox lives off of yet I never considered them as to trying to appeal to to lower income base. I guess about 90% of every political ad I've seen on TV is using the same BSing, and name smearing no matter who's running and what office they are running for, so IMO it must appeal to all classes.

BonMallari
10-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I was with you till your last sentence then you completely lost me, my go news source is FoxNews and that kind of language and name calling is what Fox lives off of yet I never considered them as to trying to appeal to to lower income base. I guess about 90% of every political ad I've seen on TV is using the same BSing, and name smearing no matter who's running and what office they are running for, so IMO it must appeal to all classes.

look at the type of speech he uses in different areas, last night the crowd was a local urban park, very blue collar..it was a different tone than the one he used just two weeks when he was in a five star hotel here in town..he definitely knows how to play to a certain audience, very well aware of where he is at

JDogger
10-25-2012, 07:47 PM
look at the type of speech he uses in different areas, last night the crowd was a local urban park, very blue collar..it was a different tone than the one he used just two weeks when he was in a five star hotel here in town..he definitely knows how to play to a certain audience, very well aware of where he is at
Well, at least he got that goin' for him. Much like Romney playin' the fund raiser with his 47% remark, then turning all warm and fuzzy and moderate in the last debate.:rolleyes:

road kill
10-26-2012, 06:00 AM
In the last few days this board has come alive with the subject of name calling. I'll be the first to admit that I've called Obama something other then Obama because I hold him in such low esteem. I honestly believe he does not have the best interests towards the American People and this great country at heart. Has anyone seen the montage of Obama's apology tour? It turns my stomach. I don't believe anyone has to apologize for our Country.

On the topic of name calling, I can't believe the president of the United States has lowered himself into the gutter. It seems his strategy for re-election is to resort to name calling of Governor Romeny. He continues to call Romney "a Liar, that he has Romnesia, and the latest and greatest a Bullshitter". Don't know about you but I expect better from the president of our great country. Can he spell Benghazi and lying to the American People? Obama has proved that he is no more then a common Chicago thug. Is this what we want from our president? I don't.

And it makes him look small and petty and angry.
Like a man that has lost the argument and is pretty desperate.....