PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Will Be On The Ballot This Tuesday!

Franco
10-31-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqtfyaWgW74&feature=relmfu
The real Party Of Liberty!
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/16890_10151225073862726_1596268190_n.jpg

Live Free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x9bkXVccAs
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/561773_10150938961159364_1711069977_n.jpg

huntinman
10-31-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqtfyaWgW74&feature=relmfu
The real Party Of Liberty!
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s480x480/16890_10151225073862726_1596268190_n.jpg

Live Free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x9bkXVccAs
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/561773_10150938961159364_1711069977_n.jpg

I would vote for her over Gary Johnson...

Franco
10-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Dear Mr Wallace,

Unlike your country of Scotland 400 years ago, people in modern day America are scared to be truely Free. We have become use to an over-bearing central government that tells us how we must live. We like being taken care of by the central government and are more than willing to cede our Liberties to them because we have become an incompetant lot that depends on big government to do our thinking for us. And, most really don't care that we are losing more and more of our Liberties every day, just as long as we are not bothered. Yes, we are more then happy to work for our government as they have become the priviledged class.

Signed,

Democrats and Republicans

huntinman
10-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Dear Mr Wallace,

Unlike your country of Scotland 400 years ago, people in modern day America are scared to be truely Free. We have become use to an over-bearing central government that tells us how we must live. We like being taken care of by the central government and are more than willing to cede our Liberties to them because we have become an incompetant lot that depends on big government to do our thinking for us. And, most really don't care that we are losing more and more of our Liberties every day, just as long as we are not bothered. Yes, we are more then happy to work for our government as they have become the priviledged class.

Signed,

so exactly how is voting for a pot smoking ex-hippie going to improve things? We already tried a choom gang alumnus for 4 years...

road kill
10-31-2012, 05:45 PM
so exactly how is voting for a pot smoking ex-hippie going to improve things? We already tried a choom gang alumnus for 4 years...
What makes you think he is an "ex-hippy???"

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww42/sbx1/hippie.jpg

Franco
10-31-2012, 05:46 PM
He vetoed every bill as a two term Gov that would have put him over budget! Rmoney and Obama are proposing increases to our national debt ranging from 5TRILLION to 9TRILLION. And, we know they have both been lying through their teeth call campaign season long. I want an honest President to begin with!

Whereas, the Dems and Repubs have; Taken our peace, our prosperity, and our personal liberty.

So, if you want more of the same, just continue to support more of the same. That's because you will get the same dismal results!

I'd rather have an x-hippie if he was one, than a draft dodger!

What's wrong with supporting peace?

road kill
10-31-2012, 05:47 PM
He vetoed every bill as a two term Gov that would have put him over budget!

Whereas, the Dems and Repubs have; Taken our peace, our prosperity, and our personal liberty.

So, if you want more of the same, just continue to support more of the same. That's because you will get the same dismal results!

I'd rather have an x-hippie if he was one, than a draft dodger!

How do you feel about Scott Walker???

JS
10-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Huh?? Did somebody say free pot?????

Franco
10-31-2012, 06:29 PM
How do you feel about Scott Walker???

I think his getting the Public Unions inline was a trend setting move that more states will follow. Certainly, a good thing for Wisconsin. Don't know that much else about him.

BTW, with the USA's budget running 43% over, Johnson would cut the budget by 43% from day one and not push the deficits down the road as both the Dem and Repub candidates propose!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/560628_10151510095827796_728655575_n.jpg

Franco
10-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Huh?? Did somebody say free pot?????

No, no one said that!

But, as a free American you would be treated as an adult and free to make those decissions for yourself. Thus allowing you to grow you own it that is what you wanted to. Or, distill your own whiskey. Libertarian principles are a return to personal responsibilites for one's actions.

BonMallari
10-31-2012, 07:18 PM
No, no one said that!

But, as a free American you would be treated as an adult and free to make those decissions for yourself. Thus allowing you to grow you own it that is what you wanted to. Or, distill your own whiskey. Libertarian principles are a return to personal responsibilites for one's actions.

who is stopping you...as I hear it the 'shiners are still in your neck of the woods, and the Honey Badger could share with you and JJ (when he gets out of the pokey)

Franco
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM
who is stopping you...as I hear it the 'shiners are still in your neck of the woods, and the Honey Badger could share with you and JJ (when he gets out of the pokey)

Come on Bon, I expect a more intelligent agruement from you than this dribble.

I guess we need to lock Honey Badger and JJ up for breaking a bad law. While we are at it, instead of letting HB play Football, lets make a career criminal out of him! WE all know how much worse pot is compared to whiskey. Afterall, drunks kill people on the road and beat spouses, which is much better than being peaceful and going to sleep.
Heck, if they would just stick with whiskey and cigerettes like the kids use to do there wouldn't be a problem! It is a great injustice to ruin the lives of people for bad laws.

But then again, you must like the government telling you how you have to live.

This is part of the mentallity that supports Romney. The live like I say to live crowd!

huntinman
10-31-2012, 07:40 PM

I guess we need to lock Honey Badger and JJ up for breaking a bad law. While we are at it, instead of letting HB play Football, lets make a career criminal out of him! WE all know how much worse pot is compared to whiskey. Afterall, drunks kill people on the road and beat spouses, which is much better than being peaceful and going to sleep.
Heck, if they would just stick with whiskey and cigerettes like the kids use to do there wouldn't be a problem! It is a great injustice to ruin the lives of people for bad laws.

This is part of the mentallity that supports Romney. The live like I say to live crowd!

What a crock of total BS! The kid had the world by the tail. All he had to do is keep his nose clean, play football and go to class... And he would be a millionaire in a year or two... Heck he may be anyway. People like you excusing his poor behavior is what leads to more of it.

Franco
10-31-2012, 07:50 PM
What a crock of total BS! The kid had the world by the tail. All he had to do is keep his nose clean, play football and go to class... And he would be a millionaire in a year or two... Heck he may be anyway. People like you excusing his poor behavior is what leads to more of it.

What poor behavior? That he like pot over whiskey? I'd say that is a smart young man that is a victim of a bad law!

luvmylabs23139
10-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Dear Mr Wallace,

Signed,

Yeah well why not compare to Scotland today rather than 400 years ago! While they may have a small group that wants to break away from the UK, those people are far far left. Many trades are Union and you can't have a business license without following the union BS.
YOu have to give your employees an insane amount of paid holidays and vacation.

huntinman
10-31-2012, 07:52 PM
What poor behavior? That he like pot over whiskey? I'd say that is a smart young man that is a victim of a bad law!

Pretty smart all right. Kicked off one of the best teams in the country, then busted by the law again... Really showing great judgement to the NFL scouts. He'll probably be found dead in a crack house one day.

Franco
10-31-2012, 07:53 PM
How the extreme right, the new Conservatives love to sidetrack the issues!

Both the Dems an the Repubs have grown the debt and deficit! The bigger the deficit and the bigger the government, the more Freedom and Liberties we ceded to them. That is the big picture!

BonMallari
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM

you have me figured out wrong..I choose not to partake, if thats what floats your boat have at it, just dont let me catch you selling to any kids, and dont be driving my son's school bus, if you hit my car or run me over I will take a nine iron to your car first and then your skull if I get up off the ground

Franco
10-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Billy O'Reilly is on. You and he can agree on your crazy points. There is zero credible research that shows pot is a gateway drug! The kid is a victim of a bad law, period.

What about the deficit?

Franco
10-31-2012, 07:58 PM
you have me figured out wrong..I choose not to partake, if thats what floats your boat have at it, just dont let me catch you selling to any kids, and dont be driving my son's school bus, if you hit my car or run me over I will take a nine iron to your car first and then your skull if I get up off the ground

Your kids bus driver can buy booze. I would be much more concerned with that!

P S

Your losing it.

Tell us how Romneycare differs from Obamacare.

BonMallari
10-31-2012, 08:02 PM
Your kids bus driver can buy booze. I would be much more concerned with that!

I dont want the bus driver stoned or drunk while on the job..what they do in the privacy of their home is up to them,same goes for the bedroom, the govt stays the heck out

Franco
10-31-2012, 08:05 PM
I dont want the bus driver stoned or drunk while on the job..what they do in the privacy of their home is up to them,same goes for the bedroom, the govt stays the heck out

No the gov doesn't stay out! It is illegal. There are people sitting in prisons for having small quanities of pot in thier homes. Especially, people that live in the south! Yet, there are drunks that have killed others on the raod that are free.

JS
10-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Franco, your chance of winning this argument is about the same as the government winning the war on weed!

Everyone who knows, knows there is no rationale for it on any level but you will never see an office older with the nads to make the stand publicly.

JS

Franco
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Franco, your chance of winning this argument is about the same as the government winning the war on weed!

Everyone who knows, knows there is no rationale for it on any level but you will never see an office older with the nads to make the stand publicly.

JS

There are a number of politicians that have been outspoken on the War On Drugs and its failure.

Colorado will be a major force on Tuesday to bring some sanity to the issue. Then, there is the medical use for relief in pain which big pharma has been spending millions on to prevent the medical use. Much better to keep folks on pain meds with all the side affects than an organic compound that does the same job.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/9/7/1314.abstract
Almost one half (48%) would prescribe marijuana to some of their patients if it were legal.
48% of Oncologist support pot for the treatment of pain!

Again, this is just a side issue to the bigger issues that ail this country. Issues like the ecomony, Monetary and Foreign Policy which Romney and Obama just represent more of the same old failed policies!

The Democrats have failed us.
The Republicans have failed us.

If 5% of the American voters vote Libertarian, then Libertarian candidates can no longer be ignored in Presidential debates. There would be other ideas and other candidates outside of the two dysfunction parties in local, state and Federal government.

No more two party monopoly!

And, if Romney loses on Tuesday, the Repub Party is done, finished, kaput! That's because the Repub brand is damaged beyond repair. Today's new Conservatives have given the party a bad reputation and the great majority of young voters and women want nothing to do with this new Conservatism. If Romney wins, the Repubs can hold on hold on for a few more years. If he loses, the party is over and the nation's third oldest party, the Libertarian Party, will be the new viable party with fresh ideas and a fresh platform better suited for the here and now!

BTW, Presidential candidate Libertarian Gary Johnson has run 75 Triathalons and climbed Mt Everest over the past 5 years! Not to shabby of an x-hippie!

M&K's Retrievers
10-31-2012, 10:34 PM

In addition to liking it, he was selling it. What part of the 'bad law" did he break? Being a user which he is or being a dealer which he is? I guess it's OK by you to determine which laws are good and which ones are bad. And I guess if I disagree with you, I'm the one that is wrong.

Oh, by the way. Why should we listen to or appreciate the opinions of anyone that can't figure figure out how to use spell check?

JS
10-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh, by the way. Why should we listen to or appreciate the opinions of anyone that can't figure figure out how to use spell check?

:shock: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Franco
10-31-2012, 11:07 PM
In addition to liking it, he was selling it. What part of the 'bad law" did he break? Being a user which he is or being a dealer which he is? I guess it's OK by you to determine which laws are good and which ones are bad. And I guess if I disagree with you, I'm the one that is wrong.

Got you facts wrong once again, he was not selling it!

M&K's Retrievers
10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
:shock: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Opps!! But I spelled it correctly. :oops:

M&K's Retrievers
11-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Got you facts wrong once again, he was not selling it!

What were the scales and bags for? Did he want to make sure that he was "giving it away" in equal amounts? Wake up Franco.

BonMallari
11-01-2012, 02:26 AM
There are a number of politicians that have been outspoken on the War On Drugs and its failure.

Colorado will be a major force on Tuesday to bring some sanity to the issue. Then, there is the medical use for relief in pain which big pharma has been spending millions on to prevent the medical use. Much better to keep folks on pain meds with all the side affects than an organic compound that does the same job.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/9/7/1314.abstract
Almost one half (48%) would prescribe marijuana to some of their patients if it were legal.
48% of Oncologist support pot for the treatment of pain!

Again, this is just a side issue to the bigger issues that ail this country. Issues like the ecomony, Monetary and Foreign Policy which Romney and Obama just represent more of the same old failed policies!

The Democrats have failed us.
The Republicans have failed us.

If 5% of the American voters vote Libertarian, then Libertarian candidates can no longer be ignored in Presidential debates. There would be other ideas and other candidates outside of the two dysfunction parties in local, state and Federal government.

No more two party monopoly!

And, if Romney loses on Tuesday, the Repub Party is done, finished, kaput! That's because the Repub brand is damaged beyond repair. Today's new Conservatives have given the party a bad reputation and the great majority of young voters and women want nothing to do with this new Conservatism. If Romney wins, the Repubs can hold on hold on for a few more years. If he loses, the party is over and the nation's third oldest party, the Libertarian Party, will be the new viable party with fresh ideas and a fresh platform better suited for the here and now!

might want to check the date on your article...that random survey is over 20 years old, and it was done using oncologists.....lets see one using pain management doctors, and hopefully done within the last couple of years

Franco
11-01-2012, 07:36 AM
might want to check the date on your article...that random survey is over 20 years old, and it was done using oncologists.....lets see one using pain management doctors, and hopefully done within the last couple of years

Well, it it was 48% 20 years ago it is probably 60% today.

Interetsing that the only subject those against personal and national Liberty can attack is the legalization of MJ. Not the budget, the economy, Monetary or Foreign Policy but pot!

youngblood
11-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own?
Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way.

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country?

Divided we fall,
Greg

road kill
11-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own?
Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way.

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country?

Divided we fall,
Greg
Well done Youngblood!

Franco
11-01-2012, 10:38 AM
A very thoughtful post! My comments in purple.

Wouldn't "todays new Conservitive" be Libertarians? Today's Conservatives have gravitated far to the right like the Tea Party. They preach Liberty but practice anything but Liberty. Just look at the candidates they support. They are only for Liberty if you believe in the same things that they do. Zero freedom of thought and action! Traditional Conservatives are today's Libertarians. From what I have seen, many young people would go along with much of what Libertarians spout as freedom. However, there is a large majority of those who have jumped on the Obomawagon and refuse to get off, entrenching themselves with large government ideas and social programs. Many more than those who have decided to go Libertarian or Republican. In order for Libertarians to actually have an impact on our nation, all young Libertarians and the majority of the old guard Republicans would have to come together and compromise on several issues. Legalization of pot would be one of these. I think some old guard R's wouldn't mind seeing it legalized if it was highly regulated and taxed. Drunk driving needs to have much harsher consequences., no question.

"I am not red nor blue but, red, white and blue. Therefore, I reserve the right to be critical of ALL politicians!" Except your own? I am very critical of my thinking and often question myself/self examination. That is why I have come to the conclusions that I do. I consider myself not only an idependent thinker but a free mind uninhibited by myths and fear.Remember in high school there was that smart aleck kid who acted like he knew everything, was always critical, but never really did anything but sit back and pick on kids who were actually doing work? That is how the Libertarian party often comes across to the uneducated public and dominant parties. No doubt about it! People are fearful of change. They can't accept that things will NEVER be as they were years ago. Time marches on a things change. We either adapt or perish. Add the fact that many, including the far right can't handle true Liberty or Free Thought. Just look at some of the comments onRTF by so-called Conservatives! If the Libertarian movement is going to have a real effect on our nation as a whole, issues need to be streamlined and comprimised. The party itself has to become full of activists who are not just talking heads but can show proof in the pudding in a humble way. The Libertarian Party is growing in leaps and bounds because of the dyfunctional two party system and the huge awakening put forth by people like Dr Ron Paul!

A huge problem with our country is the polarization of issues with the political elites trickling down to Joe Shmo. Our country needs a modern day Henry Clay. Someone who can reach across the aisle and work with others to figure out a viable way for America to sustain growth with the many issues plaguing it. Is the Libertarian way going to be it or is it just going to be another party unwilling to dirty its hands with compromise necessary for a united country? Todays impactful orators are Libertarians. There are no real statements left in the Dem and Repub parties. The Dems and Repubs reject and do not tolorate real statesmen.

Divided we fall,
Greg

"Under the system of natural liberty, every man, as long as he does not violate the laws of justice, is left perfectly free to pursue his own interest his own way and to bring both his industry and capital into competition with those of any other man or order of men." - Adam Smith

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." – Samuel Adams

murral stark
11-01-2012, 11:16 PM

Look at the upside of legalizing pot. Tax it like tobacco and alcohol and look at the revenue it would create. He wouldn't be so uptight if he hit the pipe a little. some of the rest of the politicians should take a hit or two and then they might be able to relax and get something done to benefit all Americans. :cool:

murral stark
11-01-2012, 11:38 PM
If it would be legalized, you would have the minimum age requirement to purchase it. Just like tobacco and alcohol. Human nature is that if something is forbidden, that makes you want it more. I know that I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could legally drink in the bars. Once I turned 21 the "fun" was gone because the risk of getting caught was no longer there and it was no longer the forbidden fruit to me. I don't drink alcohol any more but I don't look down upon those that do. some here, not you Bon, don't have a problem having drinks and get falling down drunk, because it is legal, but look down upon someone that wants to smoke some weed. I would be willing to bet that there are far more people killed every year by drunk drivers than people that are high on weed.

Franco
11-03-2012, 03:54 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/156458_10151229161987726_1324354826_n.jpg

BonMallari
11-03-2012, 05:31 PM
If it would be legalized, you would have the minimum age requirement to purchase it. Just like tobacco and alcohol. Human nature is that if something is forbidden, that makes you want it more. I know that I couldn't wait to turn 21 so I could legally drink in the bars. Once I turned 21 the "fun" was gone because the risk of getting caught was no longer there and it was no longer the forbidden fruit to me. I don't drink alcohol any more but I don't look down upon those that do. some here, not you Bon, don't have a problem having drinks and get falling down drunk, because it is legal, but look down upon someone that wants to smoke some weed. I would be willing to bet that there are far more people killed every year by drunk drivers than people that are high on weed.

I serve alcohol for a living..I will NOT overserve a guest because I dont want to ever be held accountable if they wrap themselves around a telephone pole or hurt/kill someone afterwards

the problem is people get DUI's and they plea them out and get their license back and do it again, and again,....like I said I have no problem for those that want to partake, but I dont want them on the road driving impaired..there has to be some sort of measurement of impairment if you are going to allow people to smoke pot legally..

murral stark
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I serve alcohol for a living..I will NOT overserve a guest because I dont want to ever be held accountable if they wrap themselves around a telephone pole or hurt/kill someone afterwards

the problem is people get DUI's and they plea them out and get their license back and do it again, and again,....like I said I have no problem for those that want to partake, but I dont want them on the road driving impaired..there has to be some sort of measurement of impairment if you are going to allow people to smoke pot legally..

I am quite sure that if it was to be made legal, that there would be established sobriety tests for pot just like alcohol. At least I would hope so anyway.

huntinman
11-03-2012, 06:53 PM
I am quite sure that if it was to be made legal, that there would be established sobriety tests for pot just like alcohol. At least I would hope so anyway.

How many empty fritos bags of the floor of your car? Or maybe how many times you call the cop "dude" during a traffic stop?

Franco
11-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd rather be driven around by someone stoned than someone drunk! The drunk is liable to wrap the vehicle around a telepole whereas the stoned drive might take forever to get there (20 miles per hour), but at least I would get there in one piece!

huntinman
11-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd rather be driven around by someone stoned than someone drunk! The drunk is liable to wrap the vehicle around a telepole whereas the stoned drive might take forever to get there (20 miles per hour), but at least I would get there in one piece!

How about neither?

murral stark
11-03-2012, 07:25 PM
How many empty fritos bags of the floor of your car? Or maybe how many times you call the cop "dude" during a traffic stop?
the use of the term "dude" is a stereotype of a pot smoker. I really don't think many people call officers "dude". With the technology in the world today, I am sure there can be some test developed as to the level of how "stoned" someone is. Not if they have the munchies or cotton mouth, or calling officers "dude". C'mon Mr. Davis, you're smarter than that.:-P

Franco
11-03-2012, 07:40 PM
How about neither?

Fine for me but, I believe people should have the right to determine that for themselves!

huntinman
11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Fine for me but, I believe people should have the right to determine that for themselves!

The responsible ones will.

cpj
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I love the argument made to legalize it. First statement was to tax it so the government can have more money to plunder. Typical neocon mentality. A conservative argument should be legalize it so the legal system and jails won't waste our tax dollars prosecuting and housing pot heads. A conservative talk show host based in Houston agrees with Franco's position and has asked many policemen if they ever pull over drivers under the influence of pot. Their answer is always no.

murral stark
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM

Agreed. Let me make my own choices and live with the circumstances that come from those choices. Way too much telling me what I can and can't do. Prime example. You have to go outside of a bar to smoke a cigarette, why? If someone doesn't want to go into a bar because they are afraid of getting cancer from 2nd hand smoke. Don't go in that bar or restaraunt. Let the business owner decide if he/she wants to allow smoking in their establishment. People then can choose which business to patronize because of free will, not because the govt tells every business owner that they can't allow smoking in their establishment because it is a public place. My contention is that it is not a public place, it is private property, owned by the business owner, and since it is not owned by the govt, they should be allowed to determine what is best for their business.

cpj
11-03-2012, 08:31 PM
It's amazing that people only associate Gary Johnson with marijuana . He started a construction company, was its only employee and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor, he was known as "governor veto". Vetoed more legislation than all other governors combined during his two terms. Cut state employees by over 20%. Was probably the most responsible governor in the country and all anyone can argue is his stance on pot! How's that war on drugs working? Over a trillion dollars spent and the problem is as big as it ever was. Lot of private prison corps getting rich on your tax dollar.

Franco
11-03-2012, 09:00 PM
It's amazing that people only associate Gary Johnson with marijuana . He started a construction company, was its only employee and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor, he was known as "governor veto". Vetoed more legislation than all other governors combined during his two terms. Cut state employees by over 20%. Was probably the most responsible governor in the country and all anyone can argue is his stance on pot! How's that war on drugs working? Over a trillion dollars spent and the problem is as big as it ever was. Lot of private prison corps getting rich on your tax dollar.

On this thread I've been trying to steer it away from MJ but that's all the detractors want to talk about. Not the economy, Monetary or Foreign Policy!

murral stark
11-03-2012, 09:11 PM
I love the argument made to legalize it. First statement was to tax it so the government can have more money to plunder. Typical neocon mentality. A conservative argument should be legalize it so the legal system and jails won't waste our tax dollars prosecuting and housing pot heads. A conservative talk show host based in Houston agrees with Franco's position and has asked many policemen if they ever pull over drivers under the influence of pot. Their answer is always no.
Fair enough. I agree with you that it would save a bunch of money by not imprisoning someone for pot possession. There are many people out there driving without a license for DUI, yet they continue to drink and drive, yet a guy/gal that has an ounce of pot gets sent to prison. Lot of money wasted there.