PDA

View Full Version : Sandy and national coverage

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 08:32 AM
OK, am I the only one that thinks that a lot of crap that is going on is being ignored by the lame stream media because of the election and the lame stream media's pro Obama bias? Would many things be ignored if a republican was running for re election?
UI power crews are being attacked in Bridgeport CT (the armpit of CT) and need police protection to restore power. Where is the outrage?

huntinman
11-02-2012, 08:34 AM
OK, am I the only one that thinks that a lot of crap that is going on is being ignored by the lame stream media because of the election and the lame stream media's pro Obama bias? Would many things be ignored if a republican was running for re election?
UI power crews are being attacked in Bridgeport CT (the armpit of CT) and need police protection to restore power. Where is the outrage?

No republican in charge...

BonMallari
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
anyone heard from Paul Young...was he affected by the storm...How about Ken Bora.did he lose any trees...hope you guys are ok....

not a pretty picture watching those people waiting in line for gasoline, and seeing the price gouging for the gas...

mudminnow
11-02-2012, 08:44 AM
DA Union says we don't need your help... http://www.waff.com/story/19981857/some-nonunion-ala-crews-turned-away-from-sandy-recovery

Ken Bora
11-02-2012, 08:46 AM
just a big wind up here
our gov just scent all the quebec electric guys that came to help us south to CT and Joisy.
Very sparce reports from the Yankee waterfowler club and Navesink retriever club families.
they got flocked!

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 08:54 AM
No republican in charge...

Yeah, the idiot mayor of THE ARMPIT OF CT is causing a bunch of trouble. He has been on the media claiming that the ARMPIT should be first, before anyone else. Every municipality gets to pick their top ten list for restoration and those are done first for all areas. Ya know, things like water and sewer plants etc.

paul young
11-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for everyone's concern!

Sue and I live in SE Connecticut about 12 miles inland from the shore. We were out of power and internet until yesterday, and live in a very rural area. We were well prepared, having generator backup and 3 weeks fuel for it.

There has been a lot damage in the area caused by this storm, but luckily we were spared.-Paul

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 09:21 AM
This whole situation may turn very ugly very soon. My parents will be fine because they are always prepared and after 2 week long outages last year they added a whole house generator but their local forcast has night temps going into the 20's.
Someone needs to shove a sock in the mouth of the Bridgeport mayor. They won't be as cold and his slimeball leaches can go to hell. They are getting power restored and attacking the restorers? I hope someone grows a set and tells them to F off!~!! The people that pay the taxes are getting screwed and the leaches are attacking the power companies! Somebody needs to call the slime on the carpet and tell them to go where the sun does not shine!!!

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 09:22 AM

Sue and I live in SE Connecticut about 12 miles inland from the shore. We were out of power and internet until yesterday, and live in a very rural area. We were well prepared, having generator backup and 3 weeks fuel for it.

There has been a lot damage in the area caused by this storm, but luckily we were spared.-Paul

Glad you and your family are safe!

BonMallari
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM

Glad to see you and your family are safe....being without the internet for a day or two isnt necessarily a bad thing...You didnt miss anything...But you knew that:D

gmhr1
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Fisrt off to all of you that live there please stay safe. Its starting to look like Katrina. People are eating out of dumpsters begging for food, begging that we dont leave them. Begging for help, Wheres the help? Now another Noreaster is to hit this next week. Obama did his photo op, made alot of promises than he was out of there on to another state to campaign. He should have stayed there and acted like a President, he played the role for a day.

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't live there anymore but my family does. Why does nobody call out the mayor of Bridgport????

Who does that idiot think he is??? The leaches according to him should be the priority because they are leaches???? He can F himself!!!!

gmhr1
11-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you know that crews that are coming there to help are being TURNED away because they are not union members? Ask the people that have been without power for a week if they care if hes union or not.

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
What is really going on just in NYC is not being reported. The on the ground info I get from my brother is shocking. By the way he happens to be a NYC high school teacher. Roads are now open from there to my parent's house in CT. He's getting his family out of dodge today to my parents who are running on generator power in CT.

gmhr1
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
They need to get out of there fast, another big storm is supposed to hit. Prayers sent to them.

luvmylabs23139
11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
They need to get out of there fast, another big storm is supposed to hit. Prayers sent to them.
He's on the road now to NF, CT with his family. He will return for school maybe opening on Monday but Chen and Alex are staying at my parents.
It is going downhill fast where he lives. If SIL wants to leave it is bad. MY SIL in Chinese and they live in Flushing's chineese area.

gmhr1
11-02-2012, 12:14 PM
They can all take comfort knowing that the NYC marathon is taking place they will be running right thru the devastation.

UPDATE I heard the marathon has canceled. Smart move

charly_t
11-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Glad you and your family are safe!

Ditto ! Glad, glad, glad.