PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie and the Pres

murral stark
11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I see they were working pretty closely to get the resources needed to help with the disaster. Christie even praised the President for his help. didn't see any animosity between them either. Just two people working for the overall good.

Ken Bora
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I very much likes the comment Chris made in one press confrence. Something like "You all know me, if he was doing a bad job I would be the first to tell you." His state is devastated. He knows it is not politic time but people time. I trust him if he says the President is doing good in New Jersy. Don't mean I am gonna vote for him is 4 days but if Chris likes what he is doing in Joisy, I say Cool! Poor folk got the long roe to hoe, ya know?

JS
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Ken, you better give that guy a call and share your diet secret with him! ;-)

He ain't gonna be around in 2016.

JS

Ken Bora
11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I have dropped 86 lbs in the last 24 months, thank you for noticing. And it actually pisses me off as I would like to be able to say in casual conversation like this “Yup I lost a hundred pounds, AND I CAN’T” pesky 15 lbs kickin’ my ass. FOR MONTHS!!!!! I am going 5 up 5 down but averaging a frisky 220 lbs. Man setting decoys in the swamp is so much easier I tell ya. And my sit ups and pull ups ( don’t snicker I can do pull ups now!!) number have significantly increased. But on topic to Chris, he’s a porker. And he must realize he is a porker. Although, I was Soooo Huge, for at least 2 decades and thought I was healthy??????? How the flock is that even possible??? Funny sub-story, Shaving one morning, the day my Adams apple appeared from the depths of lost flabbiness, I thought I had a tumor and was going to die….. I actually went to the doctor. I am sure he still laughs about it.:cool::D

starjack
11-03-2012, 08:32 AM
I have dropped 86 lbs in the last 24 months, thank you for noticing. And it actually pisses me off as I would like to be able to say in casual conversation like this “Yup I lost a hundred pounds, AND I CAN’T” pesky 15 lbs kickin’ my ass. FOR MONTHS!!!!! I am going 5 up 5 down but averaging a frisky 220 lbs. Man setting decoys in the swamp is so much easier I tell ya. And my sit ups and pull ups ( don’t snicker I can do pull ups now!!) number have significantly increased. But on topic to Chris, he’s a porker. And he must realize he is a porker. Although, I was Soooo Huge, for at least 2 decades and thought I was healthy??????? How the flock is that even possible??? Funny sub-story, Shaving one morning, the day my Adams apple appeared from the depths of lost flabbiness, I thought I had a tumor and was going to die….. I actually went to the doctor. I am sure he still laughs about it.:cool::DGood for you Ken. There are some people in my life that struggle with there weight and its a fight.

road kill
11-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I see they were working pretty closely to get the resources needed to help with the disaster. Christie even praised the President for his help. didn't see any animosity between them either. Just two people working for the overall good.
Does anyone have any idea when this "overall good" is gonna happen?

Some people in NY andNJ are curious.

gmhr1
11-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Christie and Obamas photo op hasn't helped the people who are diving into dumpsters to find food. They are cold, hungry, standing in line for 6-8 hours just to try and get gas. A resident from Staten Island just this AM , said lots of Gov people including Big Janet are driving through the area but there has been no help. The same question is asked over and over wheres the help? So now they are using facebook to form vounteer groups to try and help one another, while another big storm is on its way. (Obamas katrina)

mngundog
11-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I have dropped 86 lbs in the last 24 months, thank you for noticing. And it actually pisses me off as I would like to be able to say in casual conversation like this “Yup I lost a hundred pounds, AND I CAN’T” pesky 15 lbs kickin’ my ass. FOR MONTHS!!!!! I am going 5 up 5 down but averaging a frisky 220 lbs. Man setting decoys in the swamp is so much easier I tell ya. And my sit ups and pull ups ( don’t snicker I can do pull ups now!!) number have significantly increased. But on topic to Chris, he’s a porker. And he must realize he is a porker. Although, I was Soooo Huge, for at least 2 decades and thought I was healthy??????? How the flock is that even possible??? Funny sub-story, Shaving one morning, the day my Adams apple appeared from the depths of lost flabbiness, I thought I had a tumor and was going to die….. I actually went to the doctor. I am sure he still laughs about it.:cool::D
Congrats Ken, most people have to get a divorce to drop that much dead weight.

murral stark
11-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have any idea when this "overall good" is gonna happen?

Some people in NY andNJ are curious.
I think that Gov Christie and the pres are trying to get the help and supplies needed. Probably not as quickly as the resources should get there. But, I do believe they are trying.

gmhr1
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Any President and any Governor would be trying as hard as they can, obama didnt do anyting special for once he is doing his job. Go there, survey the damage, have a photo op, make promises and leave. Its obamas katrina.

gman0046
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Looks like Man Love to me.

murral stark
11-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Any President and any Governor would be trying as hard as they can, obama didnt do anyting special for once he is doing his job. Go there, survey the damage, have a photo op, make promises and leave. Its obamas katrina.
Holy cow, you really hate the man don't you. If he walked on water you still would not believe that he did. It would have to be some govt cover conspiracy to make him look like he did. Chris Christie even said that the president was doing a very good job in the help he is giving. He cancelled campaign dates to go to the disaster area. So are you saying that the previous pres didn't handle Katrina very well either? Were you sreaming that the president wasn't doing his job during Katrina? Or, was it that he was doing everything he could and that's a good job by the republican president, or as Jesse Ventura calls them, "Rebloodlicans"? You think the "Rebloodlicans" can do no wrong and the "Democrips" are the most evil thing on the planet, next to Obama of course. HA HA HA!!!:cool:

Buzz
11-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Holy cow, you really hate the man don't you. If he walked on water you still would not believe that he did. It would have to be some govt cover conspiracy to make him look like he did. Chris Christie even said that the president was doing a very good job in the help he is giving. He cancelled campaign dates to go to the disaster area. So are you saying that the previous pres didn't handle Katrina very well either? Were you sreaming that the president wasn't doing his job during Katrina? Or, was it that he was doing everything he could and that's a good job by the republican president, or as Jesse Ventura calls them, "Rebloodlicans"? You think the "Rebloodlicans" can do no wrong and the "Democrips" are the most evil thing on the planet, next to Obama of course. HA HA HA!!!:cool:

What you are seeing is a severe case of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

gmhr1
11-03-2012, 06:49 PM
He did what's expected of him. Nothing more nothing less. He's the President, it's his job.
I haven't seen him walk on water or balance a budget. The difference between bushes Katrina and obamas Katrina..... ..these people are not sitting and waiting on he gov they are pitching in and doing what needs to be done. Prayers sent to all of them.

murral stark
11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
He did what's expected of him. Nothing more nothing less. He's the President, it's his job.
I haven't seen him walk on water or balance a budget.
What would you have him do? He is in the middle of a contest for his job. You yourself say he did what's expected of him. Nothing more, nothing less. I never said that he walked on water either, nor did I say he balanced a budget. I merely stated that if he did in fact walk on water, you would not believe it because of who he is. You would never be satisfied with anything he did, no matter how good it may be. I will ask you again. did you decry the previous president during Katrina? Just answer the question please.

huntinman
11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
What would you have him do? He is in the middle of a contest for his job. You yourself say he did what's expected of him. Nothing more, nothing less. I never said that he walked on water either, nor did I say he balanced a budget. I merely stated that if he did in fact walk on water, you would not believe it because of who he is. You would never be satisfied with anything he did, no matter how good it may be. I will ask you again. did you decry the previous president during Katrina? Just answer the question please.

Doesn't matter... He's got 3 days left. Then he's a lame duck.

murral stark
11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Doesn't matter... He's got 3 days left. Then he's a lame duck.
That is quite possible that he will not win. Whatever the outcome of the election is, we all need to come together as one team and get the country back on track. Who has the retriever that is going to chase down the cripple, or otherwise known as, "lame duck"?;-)

gmhr1
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
A president promises everything he can, to help the people. Bush did and Obama did. What do you think Obama would do say I'm sorry your on your own? It's his job. I know its something we are not used to seeing, Obama acting like the president.
Obama has a better chance of walking on water than lowering unemployment, cutting the debt, or living up to any other promise he made four years ago.
I dont know who will win I pray its Romney but who knows.

Welcome back M.S.
(On the main retriever page there is a site to make a donation to help the animals that are victims of this storm.)

murral stark
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
A president promises everything he can, to help the people. Bush did and Obama did. What do you think Obama would do say I'm sorry your on your own? It's his job. I know its something we are not used to seeing, Obama acting like the president.
Obama has a better chance of walking on water than lowering unemployment, cutting the debt, or living up to any other promise he made four years ago.
I dont know who will win I pray its Romney but who knows.

Welcome back M.S.
(On the main retriever page there is a site to make a donation to help the animals that are victims of this storm.)
I am glad to be back. I have pledged to be better behaved than my initial stay. I just hope that whomever gets elected, that the congress and senate put all the BS aside and work together toward a common goal of making this country great again.

PamK
11-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Just last month there were so many people on here moaning about the deficit and blaming Obama for it. Where are you now? Do you even know how much this is going to cost? The air force is flying cargo plans full of energy company trucks and staff. Who is going to pay for that? Those poor people taking money away for those of you who have worked so hard.

Romney wants to get rid of FEMA or flip flopped and now won't even answer any questions about it.

BonMallari
11-04-2012, 07:02 AM
during a national disaster of this magnitude, it is the responsibility of the govt to do all that it can to help as many people as they can..now is not the time to nitpick over how much it will cost..BUT people can not expect the govt to rebuild ALL that they lost, its just not realistic...it looks like some people planned and got wiped out and it also looks like many did absolutely zero planning and got wiped out..so who gets helped first

As for FEMA it needs to be overhauled, we havent even seen the first of the trailers,debit cards or checks being distributed, but there is little doubt that those who really need the help probably wont get it, and many will scam the system and get help that they are not entitled to

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
The people that are working, cleaning up, donating clothes, food are the residents themselves, and they are doing a great job!

Golddogs
11-04-2012, 08:24 AM

Except he actually was on site right after the storm passed instead of days later and flying over.

Having worked flood relief, no one is ever 100% happy about the speed things get to them. Most of the time it is because supplies can't be brought it fast enough or relief workers can't get to the trouble spots safely.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Do you think he would have been there the next day if it wasn't election time? I dont. He took alot of heat for not postponing his campaign for 1 day after Bengazhi, He wasn't going to make that mistake again.
We should expect our Pres to act like one all the time not just when it makes him look good.

Marvin S
11-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Except he actually was on site right after the storm passed instead of days later and flying over.

Not sure that's a real smart move - with the security required his presence is more disruptive than helpful? Won't even go near Seattle when he, his wife or any of the big name candidates come to town. These people have become some kind of new royalty.

Harry Truman Regards :).

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Well if you only watch NBC CBS CNN everything looks fine people working together, you would think its a quick cleanup . Its just like the Bengazhi cover up turn on fox, listen to the people that have not seen any help, who are living in sewage and begging for help. This storm was so big and caused so much damage its going to take awhile, we all know that. Prayers sent, and now another storm is on the way.

Buzz
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Everyone knows that Benghazi is a drummed up controversy except those who watch nonstop Faux.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Do you think he would have been there the next day if it wasn't election time? I dont. He took alot of heat for not postponing his campaign for 1 day after Bengazhi, He wasn't going to make that mistake again.
We should expect our Pres to act like one all the time not just when it makes him look good.
I firmly believe he would've been there whether it was an election or not. Maybe I'm naive, but think that his intentions are genuine. I don't understand why people hate this man so much. It takes more than one person to make a team, and it has seen to me that he is trying to win a football game by himself. He's the only one on his side and there is 11 defenders looking across the line at him.

huntinman
11-04-2012, 06:31 PM
I firmly believe he would've been there whether it was an election or not. Maybe I'm naive, but think that his intentions are genuine. I don't understand why people hate this man so much. It takes more than one person to make a team, and it has seen to me that he is trying to win a football game by himself. He's the only one on his side and there is 11 defenders looking across the line at him.

Maybe he should have been more of a team player...

charly_t
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM

Yes, yes. Of course when a player heads for the wrong end of the field with the ball...........

murral stark
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM

When you're the "Boss", you ask for teamwork, and when that doesn't work, you tell the employees what is going to happen. If people like Mitch McConnel, hadn't made public statements that it is his priority to make him a 1 term president maybe some teamwork could've occurred. since they didn't want to work with him, he made the executive decision that is common in the business world every day.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
He should have skipped the campaign, stayed in the WH and played President after we were attacked on 9/11 by terrorists and not made up a story about it. Now he decides to play President a week before the elections, what a surprise. What kind of a man, especially the President of the United States says vote for revenge? Revenge for what?

(David Axlerod was on the Chris Wallace show today when asked about Bengazhi all he could do was squirm. )

huntinman
11-04-2012, 07:03 PM
When you're the "Boss", you ask for teamwork, and when that doesn't work, you tell the employees what is going to happen. If people like Mitch McConnel, hadn't made public statements that it is his priority to make him a 1 term president maybe some teamwork could've occurred. since they didn't want to work with him, he made the executive decision that is common in the business world every day.

BS... Obama made it clear from day one that it was his way or the highway... Remember "I won, you didn't"? That's how he started the obamacare discussion with the republicans. He was a jackass from the word go and for his effort he will go down in history as the worst president ever (displacing the hapless Jimmy Carter)

luvmylabs23139
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Actually he is NOT the boss. 3 equal branches of govt. Executive (thats his royal idiotness) legislative (house and senate) and Judical (courts).

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
BS... Obama made it clear from day one that it was his way or the highway... Remember "I won, you didn't"? That's how he started the obamacare discussion with the republicans. He was a jackass from the word go and for his effort he will go down in history as the worst president ever (displacing the hapless Jimmy Carter)

Did McConnel make that statement or not? Every President has made executive orders, not just this one.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Actually he is NOT the boss. 3 equal branches of govt. Executive (thats his royal idiotness) legislative (house and senate) and Judical (courts).
Boss and employees were not the right words to use. He is the "leader" and the voters gave him the authority to make decisions. He has made mistakes, true. On the other hand, if you've never made a mistake, you've probably never made a decision or you have never tried.

huntinman
11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Did McConnel make that statement or not? Every President has made executive orders, not just this one.

Sure, but so what? That is the goal of every opposing party leader. Harry Reid is already on record saying he will not work with President Romney... We better win the senate too so that won't be an issue.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Sure, but so what? That is the goal of every opposing party leader. Harry Reid is already on record saying he will not work with President Romney... We better win the senate too so that won't be an issue.
Obama saying "my way or the highway" is bad, but it's ok for McConnel to say he wasn't going to work with him? Double standard. I want them to quit playing games and get the job done they were elected/hired to do.

huntinman
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Obama saying "my way or the highway" is bad, but it's ok for McConnel to say he wasn't going to work with him? Double standard. I want them to quit playing games and get the job done they were elected/hired to do.

Then vote for Romney

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Then vote for Romney
Just can't do it. He has not really convinced me on anything, other than the fact that he has not given specifics as to what he will do. He started out in the debates good, but his flame went out pretty quickly. He can't break the country into little pieces and sell it off like the companies his company gutted, such as Delphi.

huntinman
11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Just can't do it. He has not really convinced me on anything, other than the fact that he has not given specifics as to what he will do. He started out in the debates good, but his flame went out pretty quickly. He can't break the country into little pieces and sell it off like the companies his company gutted, such as Delphi.

Spoken like a true Obama supporter.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Spoken like a true Obama supporter.

I've got a couple big "crow pies" baking right now. How many slices would you like if it doesn't go the way you want? Notice I said if not when. I will take a couple slices myself. On the other hand, I will get behind whichever candidate wins and support what they are trying to accomplish.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
It all comes down to what you expect from your President if you expect nothing obamas the guy. I don't know who will win considering the state of the Country and everyone standing with their hand out saying "Gimme" it will probably be obama. He has taken the United out of The United States but this is what alot of people want. Maybe he will give his buddy Bill Maher a cabinet postion.
IF YOUR NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
It all comes down to what you expect from your President if you expect nothing obamas the guy. If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.

Until the senate and congress quit acting like babies. It doesn't matter who is in the office. Somebody is going to throw a tantrum and block the president's attempts.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
If you haven't heard Romneys specifics you haven't been listening. I listened all day to obama I didnt hear one specific thing he said just a repeat of his 2008 speech. It does matter who's in office we need to lower unemployment if nothing else, how do you defend that it was 7.8% when obama took office 4 yrs ago and never fell below that? If you were hired for a job and told your boss you would lower that number to below 6% guaranteed, do you think your boss would keep you on if you never lowered it in 4 years? You would be fired. I guess its like being in an abusive relationship, you settle and stay in it because your afraid you won't find anything better.
At least for now we are a free country and you can vote for who you want.

murral stark
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
If you haven't heard Romneys specifics you haven't been listening. I listened all day to obama I didnt hear one specific thing he said just a repeat of his 2008 speech. It does matter who's in office we need to lower unemployment if nothing else, how do you defend that it was 7.8% when obama took office 4 yrs ago and never fell below that? If you were hired for a job and told your boss you would lower that number to 5.2% guaranteed, do you think your boss would keep you on when you never lowered it in 4 years? You would be fired. I guess its like being in an abusive relationship, you settle and stay in it because your afraid you won't find anything better.
At least for now we are a free country and you can vote for who you want.
Well said. I just can't trust someone that made his fortune by trampling on workers. Busting their companies up and putting them out in the cold for the sake of making himself wealthy. Paul Ryan just looks phony to me too. Where's the compassion for your fellow man or woman?

huntinman
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Well said. I just can't trust someone that made his fortune by trampling on workers. Busting their companies up and putting them out in the cold for the sake of making himself wealthy. Paul Ryan just looks phony to me too. Where's the compassion for your fellow man or woman?

Your hatred for wealth is showing...

murral stark
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Your hatred for wealth is showing...

I guess you may be right. If he became wealthy by inventing something, or a medical breakthrough, or something that is not a predatory practice at the expense of working people, I would be ok with that. the way he made his wealth, in my opinion, is not a noble way to get rich. he did come from money as well. When you brag about "liking" to fire people, doesn't show much compassion for your fellow human being.

gmhr1
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Obama says "Ain't" in all his speeches, he talked like that today in every speech, that makes him more real more appealing to the working man? ( I agree with trump lets see his college records) Obama came out in his flight jacket trying to look like a commander in cheif and Paul Ryan looks phoney? When your unemployed and cannot find a job, pay your bills, or feed your family I dont think you will care who looks phoney. who is going to get us back on the right track ? 4 more years of obama more of the same ?

coachmo
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah murral all of those rich, democrat politicians earned their money by accomplishing noble endeavors!

mngundog
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah murral all of those rich, democrat politicians earned their money by accomplishing noble endeavors!
Did Murral delete a post were he was talking about all Republican politicians making their money that way, or was he simply talking about the way Romney got his money?

road kill
11-05-2012, 05:50 AM
I guess you may be right. If he became wealthy by inventing something, or a medical breakthrough, or something that is not a predatory practice at the expense of working people, I would be ok with that. the way he made his wealth, in my opinion, is not a noble way to get rich. he did come from money as well. When you brag about "liking" to fire people, doesn't show much compassion for your fellow human being.

How did Obama create his wealth?

Brian Cockfield
11-05-2012, 07:58 AM
I'd like to know that also. He didn't do it on a Presidential salary.

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 08:02 AM
At least Obama has a pension Romney doesn't

huntinman
11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
I'd like to know that also. He didn't do it on a Presidential salary.

Mostly by writing books that nobody read...

Dubious real estate investment with convict Tony Rezko...

M&K's Retrievers
11-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Mostly by writing books that nobody read...

Dubious real estate investment with convict Tony Rezko...

Don't forget Michele's $300K per year job that was created for her at a Chicago hospital that didn't require her to show up nor did they replace her when she left.

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Why hate anyone's wealth and success? Wouldn't it be better to have a job, work hard, have money left in your paycheck, pay less in taxes and have money in the bank as well. People want jobs, moms want jobs, we want to buy Xmas gifts, buy gas, food pay our bills, have a roof over our head, put money away for our kids college and hopefully leave them something when we die. In the last 4 years these simple things have been taken away from a lot of people you may be next. Ask them if 4 years ago they ever thought they would be in this situation? I'm sure the answer is NO. We have to try for better we can't settle anymore its time to move on .

I voted for a better future not for revenge. Revenge for what? Because Romney is successful? because he had the nerve to challange obama, or is he playing the race card ...once again.

coachmo
11-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Hey Murral,
Well, what about all of those noble politicians?

twall
11-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Murral,

Bain bought failing companies that they though had some value. Most of those companies would have closed if Bain hadn't bought them. Some companies were able to continue, some still failed. Some of the success include Staples, Sports Authority and Brookstone.

Of course Bain replaced people in failing companies. If they were doing a good job the company would not have been going broke. I'm sure all the employees that have kept their jobs because Bain turned their employer around 'like' what Bain did.

Tom

murral stark
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM

I don't know how he made his wealth. I am quite sure if it was shady, someone here would've found it and let us all know.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey Murral,
Well, what about all of those noble politicians?

I don't think there is such an animal. they're all crooks. Dems and Repubs.

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 05:28 PM
In his most recent financial disclosure (http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/candlook.php?CID=N00009638) from 2011, Obama and his wife reported having between $200,000 and $450,000 in the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, which invests in the largest U.S. corporations. According to a filing (http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/36405/000093247111004016/indexfunds_final.htm) with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as of Sept. 30, 2011, the fund’s biggest holding was 8,272,039 shares of Apple Inc., then valued at $3.2 billion.
The New York Times reported (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/business/apple-america-and-a-squeezed-middle-class.html?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=all) in January:

Not long ago, Apple boasted that its products were made in America. Today, few are. Almost all of the 70 million iPhones, 30 million iPads and 59 million other products Apple sold last year were manufactured overseas….

coachmo
11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah but you stated that you couldn't vote for Romney because he didn't earn his money in a noble way which implies that obama and the politicians you support do. So what gives?

huntinman
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah but you stated that you couldn't vote for Romney because he didn't earn his money in a noble way which implies that obama and the politicians you support do. So what gives?

Murral won't admit it, but his union roots won't allow him to vote republican regardless of who it is. He thinks they are all big, bad rich guys like the guys he hated in high school...

Two time union member regards...

murral stark
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Murral won't admit it, but his union roots won't allow him to vote republican regardless of who it is. He thinks they are all big, bad rich guys like the guys he hated in high school...

You are correct. So what if I am sticking to my roots? Have you always been a republican and big bad rich guy that I hated in High school? I am loyal to a fault. sorry, just the way I'm wired.

coachmo
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't think the word you are looking for is loyal I think the correct word is hypocrite.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM

I have also been in the workforce long enough that I have seen good times when a democrat has been in office. When the republicans have been in office, I seem to have bad luck. Maybe it's a coincidence, just my life experiences.

Cody Covey
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I have also been in the workforce long enough that I have seen good times when a democrat has been in office. When the republicans have been in office, I seem to have bad luck. Maybe it's a coincidence, just my life experiences.

Just because YOU had bad times doesn't necessarily correlate to the fault of the president. I personally have received generous raises every year Obama has been in office and been sent on many business trips, etc. Do I think any of that had to do with Obama? No of course not I busted my ass and made my life better. I am not currently a big bad rich guy but I certainly don't fault him for being one especially since I am trying to become a rich guy one day :)

huntinman
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM

So much for your line of bull when you first came on the board about being a middle of the road kind of independent type... I know that's code for liberal every time I hear it...

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
So much for your line of bull when you first came on the board about being a middle of the road kind of independent type... I know that's code for liberal every time I hear it...

don't change the subject. Answer the question. Have you always been a republican and a big bad rich guy that I hated in high school?

huntinman
11-05-2012, 06:20 PM
don't change the subject. Answer the question. Have you always been a republican and a big bad rich guy that I hated in high school?

You really should see a shrink.

But to answer your question... I leaned democrat when I was young, then I got a brain.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Just because YOU had bad times doesn't necessarily correlate to the fault of the president. I personally have received generous raises every year Obama has been in office and been sent on many business trips, etc. Do I think any of that had to do with Obama? No of course not I busted my ass and made my life better. I am not currently a big bad rich guy but I certainly don't fault him for being one especially since I am trying to become a rich guy one day :)
As long as you don't forget where you came from. If you have worked hard to get where you are and not been born into wealth, I applaud you. I am not rich and never will be because I am too "liberal" and spend money as soon as it comes through the door.;)

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
You really should see a shrink.

But to answer your question... I leaned democrat when I was young, then I got a brain.

Why do I need to see a shrink? Because I don't think like you? So what suddenly made you lean the other way? You can't just get a brain at the local store.

huntinman
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Why do I need to see a shrink? Because I don't think like you? So what suddenly made you lean the other way? You can't just get a brain at the local store.

I'm going to the kitchen to get some Excedrin.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
One thing we can count on after this election. If Obama gets re-elected, this board will be alive and well with lots of chatter. If Romney wins, it will probably be like listening to crickets chirp.:cool:

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 06:37 PM

Our local brain store went out of business because of obamacare ;)

Down East Labs 217
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM

That is, just down right funny. But so true

Richard

Ken Bora
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM

still one place left

http://transitionculture.org/wp-content/uploads/oz3.jpg

Ken Bora
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
.... If Romney wins, it will probably be like listening to crickets chirp.:cool:

we were very active afore 08 and I dont see us a slowin' down any time soon.
Just like duck hunting or running tests. we will need to keep an eye on the lame duck.
they need to be watched very close. very close indeed!!!!

murral stark
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Very Good! It probably went out of business because Mr. Davis kept returning brains for a refund until he found one that suited his liking. He finally found one in the clearance aisle. It was a brain from a democrat that was found to be defective and they couldn't sell it to anybody with common sense.;) Just Kidding!!!

Terri
11-05-2012, 07:05 PM
As long as you don't forget where you came from. If you have worked hard to get where you are and not been born into wealth, I applaud you. I am not rich and never will be because I am too "liberal" and spend money as soon as it comes through the door.;)

This is the problem with the liberals: they spend money before they have it, just like children who have no concept of money. I do not want a child to make decisions about my money because I believe in saving and spending wisely. I work hard and making wise choices and I want a president who does the same.

Terri

murral stark
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
This is the problem with the liberals: they spend money before they have it, just like children who have no concept of money. I do not want a child to make decisions about my money because I believe in saving and spending wisely. I work hard and making wise choices and I want a president who does the same.

Terri

It's only money. You can't take it with you wihen you die. I say live for today and have fun while you're here. Enjoy life while you can. I have seen too many people deprive themselves of a good time, because they wanted to enjoy retirement. they retire and die shortly there after. who is enjoying their retirement then? Certainly not them.;)

murral stark
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM

Terri

I never said I spent it before I had it. I just spend it when I have it.

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 08:20 PM
If obamas in you better start saving. You will need money when you lose your job.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 08:29 PM
If obamas in you better start saving. You will need money when you lose your job.

I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I refuse to go through life scared of what may or may not happen. I have a pretty secure job. People are always going to eat. stop worrying, and enjoy the things that you have. If you focus on gloom and doom, you are going to be sad all the time.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
way too many people in the world with the "Chicken Little" mentality. Worrying about tomorrow, or next month, or next year. It's not healthy folks. Relax and live for today!!!!!

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 09:17 PM
No chicken little here.We own a new Prius,a new Toyota truck, own our home have zero debt and money in the bank. You never know what tragedy may strike look at hurricane sandy. I would rather be prepared than living in the cold and dumpster diving. I hope you never become one of the nations unemployed, but if obamas in there's a good chance you will be. I think a lot of people felt the way you do, I don't think they still do The live for today, dont worry about tomorrow (dont worry about the 16 tr debt its a low interest) is obamas way of thinking so YOU are voting for the right guy.

murral stark
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
No chicken little here.We own a new Prius,a new Toyota truck, own our home have zero debt and money in the bank. You never know what tragedy may strike look at hurricane sandy. I would rather be prepared than living in the cold and dumpster diving.
If you choose to look for the worst case scenario that's your choice. Just not my cup of tea. There probably isn't much chance of you being in the cold in AZ. LOL What you call cold i would call a nice spring day. HA HA HA HA!!!

gmhr1
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I lived in Ohio trust me I know cold? It can get pretty cold here, cold enough . We get snow all over AZ just not down where I live. I hate the snow!

murral stark
11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I lived in Ohio trust me I know cold? We will get to freezing temps in Jan for us that's cold.

Let me re-phrase. What you call cold in AZ, I would call a nice spring day.;)

murral stark
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Where did Mr. Davis go? dish it out but can't take it.

M&K's Retrievers
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Where did Mr. Davis go? dish it out but can't take it.

Oh he can take it. I believe he dispatched you with his last post.

Terri
11-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Murral, I never said I was not enjoying life, but I do plan for things and make wise choices. I do not want to leave all my money to my kids, but I sure do not want to leave them with my debt. That is what I was trying to explain to you about money and how the liberals spend like there is no tomorrow, not very grown up behavior. No one should live pay check to pay check. If you are then you are not really enjoying yourself. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a rainy day or a future where you can relax. I been and done many things in my life, more than most people, but it is because we worked hard and spend wisely. I expect my government to live within there means, just like we do.

Since you hate rich people, why do you not take a look at how the president and his family spend their vacations. They seen like the rich people you so love to hate. Only they are enjoying your money that you worked for and he barely shows up to work. I do not consider hunting for votes none stop his whole time in public office as work. That is not the sign of a hard working man trying to make this country better.

Terri

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 08:24 AM
There are areas of N.J that haven't seen any help yet, can't get gas, don't have any power, Mr President where are you? Oh, today he is staying in and playing basketball while the next storm will be here tomorrow bringing winds, rain and snow. We all knew this storm was coming days in advance you would think they could have been better prepared. I hope he stays warm while the people are suffering.

shawninthesticks
11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
during a national disaster of this magnitude, it is the responsibility of the govt to do all that it can to help as many people as they can..now is not the time to nitpick over how much it will cost..BUT people can not expect the govt to rebuild ALL that they lost, its just not realistic...it looks like some people planned and got wiped out and it also looks like many did absolutely zero planning and got wiped out..so who gets helped first

As for FEMA it needs to be overhauled, we havent even seen the first of the trailers,debit cards or checks being distributed, but there is little doubt that those who really need the help probably wont get it, and many will scam the system and get help that they are not entitled to

Bon you hit the nail on the head there. I was 16 years old during the record Mississippi flood of 1993 ,our house had water in the second story and we stayed at a Red Cross shelter for several months ,due to several factors .1 being that unlike Sandy it stayed around for weeks,so know one could survey the damage until it was gone. once it was over FEMA drug their feet on any kind of help to working people ,but I remember one of our neighbors moving their things out until they found out they would be compensated for their losses since they where on government aid ,so they moved their things back into their house and kept it all on the lowest level. Well, they where the one first one to receive money and where proud of it,they where the type that had worked the system for many years so they knew the ins and outs of collecting free money.

After that my parents where almost 2 years on getting any money back that they paid out of pocket to rent a house and be able to move on (our area was deemed flood plain and no longer livable) . During this 2 year period they where under so much stress that my dad had 4 heart attacks in one day and the stress eventually led to my parents divorce. That flood changed my life.

smillerdvm
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
If you haven't heard Romneys specifics you haven't been listening..
Lets hear the Romney specifics Cyndi

smillerdvm
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Sadly this is one of the few posts of yours that I somewhat agree with.
Something needs to be done with our two party system when the parties leaders goal is to block the other party ideas; as opposed to doing whats best for the USA

BrettG
11-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Sadly this is one of the few posts of yours that I somewhat agree with.
Something needs to be done with our two party system when the parties leaders goal is to block the other party ideas; as opposed to doing whats best for the USA

That's exactly what our system of professional politicians that are funded by special interest has done. And that's on both sides of the aisle. Public office is no longer civic duty but a profession for most of these people and the only way they keep their jobs is to fight tooth and nail for the group responsible for getting them elected.

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 01:52 PM

Your a big boy you have eyes you and ears. If you chose to be deaf and blind I can 't help you. Im sure you already voted for your buddy obama.

Dont you want to continue to argue over the DNA on George Zimmermans gun?

huntinman
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM

Let's hear the Obama specifics other than raise taxes and spend us into oblivion? He's had four years and the man can't even get a budget vote from a Democrat!

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Obama is stumped at math passed the 7th grade level ( his own words) so how will he balance a budget. Oh thats right he's going to bring us together, and calm the seas well he's done a great job at that. This from the man that said VOTE FOR REVENGE!

murral stark
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
That is your opinion. I don't feel dispatched at all.

murral stark
11-06-2012, 05:17 PM

Care to share where he dispatched me. walking to get an aspirin isn't dispatching, it's taking an injury timeout.

murral stark
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Murral, I never said I was not enjoying life, but I do plan for things and make wise choices. I do not want to leave all my money to my kids, but I sure do not want to leave them with my debt. That is what I was trying to explain to you about money and how the liberals spend like there is no tomorrow, not very grown up behavior. No one should live pay check to pay check. If you are then you are not really enjoying yourself. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a rainy day or a future where you can relax. I been and done many things in my life, more than most people, but it is because we worked hard and spend wisely. I expect my government to live within there means, just like we do.

Since you hate rich people, why do you not take a look at how the president and his family spend their vacations. They seen like the rich people you so love to hate. Only they are enjoying your money that you worked for and he barely shows up to work. I do not consider hunting for votes none stop his whole time in public office as work. That is not the sign of a hard working man trying to make this country better.

Terri
do a quick search on how many days vacation he has taken in his 4 years and how many bush took in his first 4 years. who barely shows/showed up to work? I don't hate all rich people, just the ones that think they are better than someone else because they have a bigger bank account than someone else. Most Republicans fall into that category. If you don't have lots of money and think like they do, you're a loser, and a taker, or a leech.

M&K's Retrievers
11-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Care to share where he dispatched me. walking to get an aspirin isn't dispatching, it's taking an injury timeout.

He basically sent you to your room without diner just as I'm about to do.

murral stark
11-06-2012, 06:31 PM
You are not my daddy and I don't have to listen to you. i will stay right here, eat a candy bar, and there is nothing you can do about it. HA HA HA!!!

murral stark
11-06-2012, 06:35 PM

And just FYI. You telling me to go to my room is like me telling you to go to your room. You won't listen to me either. Just in case you might though, why don't you go lay by your dish and be a good puppy, and please don't pee on the floor.:p

Terri
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Murral, Many democrats sit around whining, "poor me" instead of getting out there and making their life better. Since you stated that you spend all your money as some as you make it, I'm sure it is not hard to have a bigger bank account than you. That is not my fault, that is your fault. Like my husband always tells our kids people do not plan to fail, they fail to plan. If you do not have a plan and then you expect me to support you then you are a loser, taker, and a leech by definition of each of those words.

The problem with BO and vacation is he and his wife do not think I should be able to keep my money to use on a vacation, but I should have no problem with him going on vacation using my money. There is a T-shirt that says I should be more concerned with how Mitt spends his money than I'm with how Obama spends my money. Tell me when our current guy in office has shown up to work? He has been hunting votes, since the first time I heard his name from my family that still live in the worst state in the union.

Terri

murral stark
11-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Murral, Many democrats sit around whining, "poor me" instead of getting out there and making their life better. Since you stated that you spend all your money as some as you make it, I'm sure it is not hard to have a bigger bank account than you. That is not my fault, that is your fault. Like my husband always tells our kids people do not plan to fail, they fail to plan. If you do not have a plan and then you expect me to support you then you are a loser, taker, and a leech by definition of each of those words.

The problem with BO and vacation is he and his wife do not think I should be able to keep my money to use on a vacation, but I should have no problem with him going on vacation using my money. There is a T-shirt that says I should be more concerned with how Mitt spends his money than I'm with how Obama spends my money. Tell me when our current guy in office has shown up to work? He has been hunting votes, since the first time I heard his name from my family that still live in the worst state in the union.

Terri
First off. I don't expect you to take care of me. I have taken care of myself my entire life. I've never asked for a free handout, too much pride for that. I do have a plan, I am going to live life to the fullest while I am here, because I don't how long my stay is going to be. I am not leaving any money for my kids or grandkids to fight over. I have enough life insurance to cover any outstanding debts I may have upon my departure. Let's just suffice it to say you will never agree with me and I will never agree with you. You live your life the way you choose and I will live mine the way I choose. I am not asking you or anybody else to take care of me. I have gotten by my entire life without anybody's help, including my parents. they couldn't afford it, so I just did what my dad taught me. work hard, enjoy life and don't expect anybody to take care of you. Some people choose to be a penny pincher, if that's your thing, go for it. Just don't look down at me because I choose to spend my money differently than you, and don't think you are better than me because you have acquired wealth by your lifestyle choice. I am no better than you, nor are you any better than me. Just different lifestyles. Fair Enough?

murral stark
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Obama is stumped at math passed the 7th grade level ( his own words) so how will he balance a budget. Oh thats right he's going to bring us together, and calm the seas well he's done a great job at that. This from the man that said VOTE FOR REVENGE!

That's why you have accountants do the math for you. there are these new contraptions now called a calculator. LOL!!!

Terri
11-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Murral, that is the thing about you and other liberals making assumptions about others. I know you spend money like there is no tomorrow because that is what you shared. You call me a penny pincher, when you know next to nothing about what I have done with my money. I did not say I never spend money, far from it. I told you I spend money wisely, which are two totally different things. The money we have has come from working hard and I want to spend my money the way I see best, not give it to the government to waste and do more harm than good.
If you are truly the hard working guy you claim to be why do you want to support a government that does not value hard work? That is what happens when you let the government decide how to spend your money. If I chose to help someone in need, which we do every month, I want to pick the people I help in the way that will do the most good. I do not just throw money at everyone that walks up to me with their hands out. I want a plan to be in place that will get them on their feet, so there is money available for the next person that may come along that needs help because of a bad situation. It is so much easier for a group to help one person at a time than the way the government has been handling the most needy for too long. Adding to the list of people on government aid does not get people out of poverty. Keeping people in poverty, by giving them pennies, instead of a plan to make dollars is just cruel.

Terri

murral stark
11-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Murral, that is the thing about you and other liberals making assumptions about others. I know you spend money like there is no tomorrow because that is what you shared. You call me a penny pincher, when you know next to nothing about what I have done with my money. I did not say I never spend money, far from it. I told you I spend money wisely, which are two totally different things. The money we have has come from working hard and I want to spend my money the way I see best, not give it to the government to waste and do more harm than good.
If you are truly the hard working guy you claim to be why do you want to support a government that does not value hard work? That is what happens when you let the government decide how to spend your money. If I chose to help someone in need, which we do every month, I want to pick the people I help in the way that will do the most good. I do not just throw money at everyone that walks up to me with their hands out. I want a plan to be in place that will get them on their feet, so there is money available for the next person that may come along that needs help because of a bad situation. It is so much easier for a group to help one person at a time than the way the government has been handling the most needy for too long. Adding to the list of people on government aid does not get people out of poverty. Keeping people in poverty, by giving them pennies, instead of a plan to make dollars is just cruel.

Terri

You are correct, I do not know how you spend your money or have spent it in the past. I am truly a hard working individual, no BS. So because I spend money freely, does that make me a bad person? You want to spend your money the the way you see best. That's no different than what I do. I spend my money the way I see best. So what have the conservatives done that have solved the poverty problem? Nothing. They have not ended these "entitlement" programs the conservatives so badly hate. They don't have a solution either, just something to complain about. the best overall economic times in my lifetime was under Clinton, and his tax rates were totally different than they are now. All I have seen from the conservatives is making rich people richer, and poor people poorer. What is the solution to the poverty problem? I don't know. If I did, I'd run for president. If you have the solution, run in 2016 and I'll vote for you.:cool:

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Please dont run M .S. I think my taco bell manager wants the job.

murral stark
11-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Please dont run I think my taco bell manager wants the job.

If I interpret your response correctly, you don't want me to run because you would vote for me if it was between me and the taco bell manager. HA HA HA!!!

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 09:10 PM
No my taco bell guy actually knows how to run a business to bad he didnt run against Obama .

murral stark
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
No my taco bell guy actually knows how to run a business to bad he didnt run against Obama .
There in lies the problem. what makes you think that I don't know how to run a business? Because I don't subscribe to the conservative mindset. We are not running a business. If we were running a business, we would be the stockholders and we could fire them. the way it right now we have to wait 4 years to fire them. I think we'd have a pretty high turnover too.

Terri
11-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Murral, spend your money any way you want. I do not think that is a bad thing, unless you spend all your money and then you want my money to spend too. I do not think there will ever be a time where there will not be people who live in poverty. Just as I do not think there will be a time without diseases. When was the last time we found any thing more than a treatment? There is money in the treatment, but not a cure. There is money to be made on the left and right as long as people live in poverty. I would not want to be president because I hate to smile for hours on end and being a liar is not my thing.

Terri

gmhr1
11-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Next ones coming..... They are calling this storm... Athena Its going to be a mess. Theres a a mandatory evacuation in some areas now and people do not want to leave their house to the looters.
Flights are being cancelled so they suggest you call the airport.

gmhr1
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
It might be time for another photo op Mr President these people are not happy! Lets see if hes as eager to go and visit now with a bunch of angry people as he was the day after. They are not seeing his new 15 minuite rule.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
It might be time for another photo op Mr President these people are not happy! Lets see if hes as eager to go and visit now with a bunch of angry people as he was the day after. They are not seeing his new 15 minuite rule.

What for? He's already been re-elected. He will let the flunkies handle it now.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 09:47 AM
My stepson works for TSA in Alaska. He has just been deployed to NJ to work for FEMA for Sandy relief. Others have as well. 12 days after the fact? He is a single parent and they gave him 2 days notice... No choice. Had to leave his child with the ex's parents. They told him he may be down there for two months or more. They are scrambling now... A little late. Imagine if it had been a republican administration.

paul young
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
My stepson works for TSA in Alaska. He has just been deployed to NJ to work for FEMA for Sandy relief. Others have as well. 12 days after the fact? He is a single parent and they gave him 2 days notice... No choice. Had to leave his child with the ex's parents. They told him he may be down there for two months or more. They are scrambling now... A little late. Imagine if it had been a republican administration.

Bill,

You seem to have no idea concerning the scope of this disaster. Just throwing huge numbers of bodies into the fray without regard for what resources are actually needed at a given point in the effort is not constructive or a responsible use of those resources. All that, plus we just had another major storm up here that cleared out only yesterday. The management of the recovery effort seems to be pretty well coordinated. I think the 2 month estimate is VERY optomistic, however.

For your information, "they" have been scrambling since day 1.

I hope your Son stays safe through what will be a long recovery effort.-Paul

huntinman
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Bill,

You seem to have no idea concerning the scope of this disaster. Just throwing huge numbers of bodies into the fray without regard for what resources are actually needed at a given point in the effort is not constructive or a responsible use of those resources. All that, plus we just had another major storm up here that cleared out only yesterday. The management of the recovery effort seems to be pretty well coordinated. I think the 2 month estimate is VERY optomistic, however.

For your information, "they" have been scrambling since day 1.

I hope your Son stays safe through what will be a long recovery effort.-Paul

Paul, I am not the one making the decision to "throw" the huge numbers of bodies into the fray. I am commenting on what was being done after the fact. Obviously, you have it all figured out from your vantage point, so things should be under control.

gmhr1
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Obama and Christie should have made that clear to the people. When Obama said anything you need , no red tape, most didn't think they would not have power until after the holidays. The residents are doing the best they can . FEMA is trying to bring in mobile homes for housing. Bill prayers to your son.

paul young
11-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Paul, I am not the one making the decision to "throw" the huge numbers of bodies into the fray. I am commenting on what was being done after the fact. Obviously, you have it all figured out from your vantage point, so things should be under control.

Let's just say I'm a little closer to the situation than you are. Luckily for me, I don't have to make those decisions.

They have finally made enough headway to start ramping up the effort. until 2 days ago, they didn't have any places to temporarily house additional relief workers.-Paul

huntinman
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Let's just say I'm a little closer to the situation than you are. Luckily for me, I don't have to make those decisions.

They have finally made enough headway to start ramping up the effort. until 2 days ago, they didn't have any places to temporarily house additional relief workers.-Paul

My boy is going to be on a ship or boat of some sort with other workers. He is flying in today...

murral stark
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
My boy is going to be on a ship or boat of some sort with other workers. He is flying in today...
I have heard many conservatives in the past tell somebody, "if you don't like your job, quit and find a better one." Your son could quit his job anytime. Just sayin.;)

huntinman
11-09-2012, 05:10 PM
I have heard many conservatives in the past tell somebody, "if you don't like your job, quit and find a better one." Your son could quit his job anytime. Just sayin.;)

Then who would pay for your Obama phone?

gmhr1
11-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Obama said today his own words not the news making it up like they always do , if a deal is not reached by the end of next month EVERYONES taxes are going up not just the ones that make over 250K. Now is NOT the time to quit your job. Be glad he has one and is supporting his child. Good luck to him I hope he can help dig these people out of the mess thay are in .

murral stark
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Then who would pay for your Obama phone?

I don't have an Obama phone, thank you very much. Verizon is my carrier thank you. there you go assuming again. I am sure you know what happens when you assume. I have a full time job, with employer benefits. No govt handouts to this cat. Talk about the govt teat, isn't TSA a govt contractor?

huntinman
11-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Obama said today his own words not the news making it up like they always do , if a deal is not reached by the end of next month EVERYONES taxes are going up not just the ones that make over 250K. Now is NOT the time to quit your job. Be glad he has one and is supporting his child. Good luck to him I hope he can help dig these people out of the mess thay are in .

Thanks Cyndi, my wife and I are pretty proud of him, he goofed up and got his girlfriend pregnant his freshman year of college. So he went in the Army to earn his keep and support his young family. Stayed in for 8 years. When he got out, he got a job with the TSA in Anchorage (I hate the TSA). He went to school at night and finished his degree... kept going and eventually got an MBA. He works in management for TSA now. He's 35 now. The reason he was sent down to help FEMA was some sort of training he had in the Army and with TSA for these type situations... his marriage didn't work out, but he is a good dad... and unlike our daughter (2 years older) and other son 21.... he has never asked us for one dime since he was 18.

murral stark
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks Cyndi, my wife and I are pretty proud of him, he goofed up and got his girlfriend pregnant his freshman year of college. So he went in the Army to earn his keep and support his young family. Stayed in for 8 years. When he got out, he got a job with the TSA in Anchorage (I hate the TSA). He went to school at night and finished his degree... kept going and eventually got an MBA. He works in management for TSA now. He's 35 now. The reason he was sent down to help FEMA was some sort of training he had in the Army and with TSA for these type situations... his marriage didn't work out, but he is a good dad... and unlike our daughter (2 years older) and other son 21.... he has never asked us for one dime since he was 18.
So you're saying that you're not proud of your other 2 children because they might have asked you for some assistance? Are they "takers" that you and your gang despise so much? Somebody here posted a while back, you bred it, you pay for it. Just sayin.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
So you're saying that you're not proud of your other 2 children because they might have asked you for some assistance? Are they "takers" that you and your gang despise so much? Somebody here posted a while back, you bred it, you pay for it. Just sayin.

Just once quit being a total doofus. Are you really as stupid as you act?

gmhr1
11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
You owe him an apology for even saying that

murral stark
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM
You owe him an apology for even saying that
You're right, that was out of line. I apologize.

murral stark
11-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Just once quit being a total doofus. Are you really as stupid as you act?

Ever heard the expression, "crazy like a fox"? I am no where near as stupid as some may think. I just sometimes find it humorous with the hypocrisy.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 09:05 PM
You are not worth what I want to say.

murral stark
11-09-2012, 09:16 PM
send it in a PM. This could be fun to have a private matching of wits.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM
send it in a PM. This could be fun to have a private matching of wits.

That would require both parties to posses some wit.

No thanks on the pm... I'm done.

murral stark
11-09-2012, 10:31 PM

Is that why you don't want to have a private match. Because you know that you will be outwitted? Typical!!!

M&K's Retrievers
11-10-2012, 12:21 AM

Good choice. If his PM to you was as low class as the 2 he sent me, I would be done with him as well.
My suggestion to Murral is to take another time out. How about forever?

Down East Labs 217
11-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Is that why you don't want to have a private match. Because you know that you will be outwitted? Typical!!!

It never ceases to amaze me, people can be as brave as the greatest war Hero's of our times when they sit behind a key board. But put them in public and they are a coward, afraid to look you in the eye.

Richard

cotts135
11-10-2012, 07:08 AM
It's funny reading this thread. I constantly hear talk from Republicans that the Democrats believe they are better because they are so called more educated and smarter but at the same time Republicans are always claiming how hard they work and how they have the market on morality. There are plenty of smart Republicans and many hard working moral Democrats.

These stereotypes and useless generalities serve no purpose other that to flame anger and hate. These beliefs are heavily influenced by the media who are experts at showing us isolated and not representative examples of the agenda that they push. Both sides do this, MSNBC on the left and FOX on the right.

We have much more in common as a country than what we are led to believe but that doesn't sell ad space and keep an audience. Division and hate do.

Just saying.................

BonMallari
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
You think I am a coward. Far from it. I would say the exact same things to someone's face as I type here. If you were offended, then we could discuss it further and where ever it may lead would be fine by me. Others here do in fact talk tough behind a keyboard, but if we were face to face, they would turn tail and run and hide. I have told a few here in pms that if they would like to talk smack to my face, I would embrace the opportunity to shut their mouth.

As for you Mr. Whitworth. I have been let back on here and you will not make me go away. GET OVER IT!!!

Murral havent we had this talk before ? No one is bullet proof on the board...challenging people to face to face meetings or in PM's just makes people want to put you on ignore or leave the board altogether

murral stark
11-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Murral havent we had this talk before ? No one is bullet proof on the board...challenging people to face to face meetings or in PM's just makes people want to put you on ignore or leave the board altogether

Sorry, Bon. Thanks for the reminder.I deleted the post. I was just asking Mr. Davis if he would like to have a matching of wits in private so neither of us would be embarrassed. I was not wanting to physically challenge him in private. Just a little conversation to see who could out wit the other.

As for you Mr. Whitworth. I have been let back on here and you will not make me go away. GET OVER IT!!!

M&K's Retrievers
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Sorry, Bon. Thanks for the reminder.I deleted the post. I was just asking Mr. Davis if he would like to have a matching of wits in private so neither of us would be embarrassed. I was not wanting to physically challenge him in private. Just a little conversation to see who could out wit the other.

Not trying to or I would have sent the Mods copies of your PM's to me. Get a grip kid. I, like Bill, are done.

Gerry Clinchy
11-12-2012, 03:40 PM

And Reid announced, before the election, that if Romney were elected he would do all he could to oppose anything Romney tried to do. Politics as usual.

murral stark
11-12-2012, 07:31 PM
And Reid announced, before the election, that if Romney were elected he would do all he could to oppose anything Romney tried to do. Politics as usual.

For Reid to make a statement like that is just as stupid as McConnell saying what he did. They need to check their attitudes at the door and work together to find a resolution that is best for the entire country.