PDA

View Full Version : More Scary Black People

Buzz
11-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Holding doors open for ladies coming to the polls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXGAJX6KSk&feature=player_embedded

shawninthesticks
11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
But if the men in white hoods where to do this it would be prejudice!

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
INTIMIDATION its the only way obama can win.

road kill
11-06-2012, 10:03 AM
holding doors open for ladies coming to the polls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnxgajx6ksk&feature=player_embedded
He is clearly a sexist!!!!

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
11-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Why is he dressed in his Black Panther "uniform" if he is only there to be helpful?

lesa c

Pals
11-06-2012, 10:48 AM
they have no business being there Buzz. And you can stick your head in the sand all you want about this not being for show and intimidation. These guys are jerks. I would say the same thing if there were skinheads standing out in front of a polling place.

Jay Dufour
11-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Like button on all posts !!

roseberry
11-06-2012, 11:11 AM
if that "door opening son of a bitch" is not himself an intimidating racist i would like for anyone here to post a better picture of one at an american polling place today! i guarantee a man could not stand in front of a polling place in mississippi if he was white, had a good haircut and a visible tatoo. as said above it would not be tolerated.

buzz how long have you lived in racially diverse sd. how would your lilly white grandmother like walking into that location.......once the camera is off this beret wearing racist?

mudminnow
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TENs8J_ZGE0

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
He wouldn't be opening the door for me!

Buzz
11-06-2012, 12:26 PM
they have no business being there Buzz. And you can stick your head in the sand all you want about this not being for show and intimidation. These guys are jerks. I would say the same thing if there were skinheads standing out in front of a polling place.

I'm not saying they are not jerks. However, I would be really curious about where the polling location he's standing outside of is located. My guess is that it's a neighborhood where everyone looks a lot like him. My bet is that he is there to make sure that no one comes to try and intimidate his neighbors and keep them from voting. But it will play differently on Fox, they will leave that out to insure that you feel that if Rmoney loses, the election was illegitimate.

Buzz
11-06-2012, 12:30 PM
buzz how long have you lived in racially diverse sd. how would your lilly white grandmother like walking into that location.......once the camera is off this beret wearing racist?

I lived in Detroit during the 1967 riots. There were truck loads of folks who look nothing like me riding around our lilly white neighborhood. I spent about 8 years working in one of the worst neighborhoods in Detroit's inner city. So I know a little about racial tension and feeling intimidated. I just think that Fox is showing video and having a discussion that leaves out a lot of details. Why don't they have someone go over and interview the guy? Are they too intimidated? Maybe they need to get O'Reilly in on the caper. He's a tough guy, I doubt he'd be afraid to walk up and start asking questions.

I have worked as a registered poll watcher. They don't stand outside. When I did it, I sat right at the table with the poll workers and had my own list to work from. The party has poll watchers with lists of voters in a precinct. They mark off those who have voted so the party can examine the marked up list and only spend time contacting those who have not shown up to vote yet. I don't know if it's legal for this guy to be so close to the door, but there is no law against loitering outside a polling place that I know of, as long as you behave yourself. There are also rules against electioneering within so many feet of a polling place. He doesn't seem to be electioneering, but maybe his presence and blackness is intimidating folks into voting for the chosen one?

Lesa Cozens Dauphin
11-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't be intimidated by him. I just think if he is there as a helpful citizen he should be dressed in street clothes. The way he is dressed sends a message.

lesa c

luvmylabs23139
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Fox tried to interview him but were unsuccessful.

Raymond Little
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
"I'm sorry I ruined your Black Panther Party"...........Forrest Gump

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Holding doors open for ladies coming to the polls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXGAJX6KSk&feature=player_embedded
Yeah Buzz, that's exactly why he's there; to hold doors for ladies coming to the polls. You are ridiculous.

shawninthesticks
11-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Just COMPLETE CRAP! This just pisses me off the more I think about it the madder I get

huntinman
11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Just COMPLETE CRAP! This just pisses me off the more I think about it the madder I get

That's why Buzz posted it...

roseberry
11-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I lived in Detroit during the 1967 riots. There were truck loads of folks who look nothing like me riding around our lilly white neighborhood. I spent about 8 years working in one of the worst neighborhoods in Detroit's inner city. So I know a little about racial tension and feeling intimidated. ?

the act of segregating oneself from others is our nations most battled against form of discrimination. when detroit's most socioeconomically challenged neighborhoods are charachterized by some as "worst neighborhoods", it simply displays a racially dicriminatory attitude.

as a southern, white man i have dealt with the self loathing, depression and other psycological difficulties that regret of past wrongs can place on one. thankfully, the guilt i felt for things i had never even done has been dealt with. i didn't even need to move to an all white state, refer to the neighborhoods of others as "worst" or wear my bleeding heart liberal views as a badge that i had dealt with my issues. i had a great therapist though!;)

Pals
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm not saying they are not jerks. However, I would be really curious about where the polling location he's standing outside of is located. My guess is that it's a neighborhood where everyone looks a lot like him. My bet is that he is there to make sure that no one comes to try and intimidate his neighbors and keep them from voting. But it will play differently on Fox, they will leave that out to insure that you feel that if Rmoney loses, the election was illegitimate.

How do you explain the fact that GOP poll watchers(LEGAL ONES BUZZ) were run off and it takes a court order to get them back?? Please spin this one. It is WRONG to intimidate people--I don't give a crap what color your skin is or what party you belong to--IT IS WRONG!!! Oh and Buzz--if this guy wanted to open doors for people and NOT get the publicity he(POS) is getting, he should have worn a shirt and tie.

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Obama is playing basketball today on a foreclosed property, and Romney is working for the people, who cares more about America!

Buzz
11-06-2012, 03:22 PM
the act of segregating oneself from others is our nations most battled against form of discrimination. when detroit's most socioeconomically challenged neighborhoods are charachterized by some as "worst neighborhoods", it simply displays a racially dicriminatory attitude.

as a southern, white man i have dealt with the self loathing, depression and other psycological difficulties that regret of past wrongs can place on one. thankfully, the guilt i felt for things i had never even done has been dealt with. i didn't even need to move to an all white state, refer to the neighborhoods of others as "worst" or wear my bleeding heart liberal views as a badge that i had dealt with my issues. i had a great therapist though!;)

Good Lord, I'll try and remember to call them socioeconomically challenged neighborhoods from now on. But I will tell you, there is just no way you could call them "good." Around Detroit we just called them bad neighborhoods.

Where is there an "all white" state?

Pete
11-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Just looked like some polite black dude to me. "Dam person of outside possibility of nigerian descent"' How dare he stand outside on a public sidewalk opening doors for people.

Pete

Buzz
11-06-2012, 03:24 PM
That's why Buzz posted it...

I guess you have me figured out.

FWIW, listening to RW radio and watching Fox News, I figured you guys just like being mad. In fact, I don't think that clip was edited, it came straight off of Fox News...

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
The question to ask is why is he there? Is he needed to open the door? Couldn't they hire someone who needs a job to do that? NO he's a member of the black panthers. He wasn't sent there to pass out milk and cookies.

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Just looked like some polite black dude to me. "Dam person of outside possibility of nigerian descent"' How dare he stand outside on a public sidewalk opening doors for people.

Pete
Would you like him standing outside of your house opening the door for your wife? I didn't think so.

Buzz
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Fox did get some information on him. I commend them for putting this on their website. FWIW, this looks like a pretty much minority neighborhood... I don't think they feel threatened by him being there.

A member of the New Black Panther Party who was charged with voter intimidation in the 2008 election for standing outside a Philadelphia polling site was back Tuesday morning – in an official capacity.

Jerry Jackson, who was charged in the 2008 case along with Minister King Samir Shabazz, but later saw charges dropped by the Department of Justice, was seen early Tuesday outside a North Philadelphia voting site wearing the group’s trademark black beret, combat-style uniform and heavy boots. Fox News confirmed he is a designated poll watcher.“No comment,” Jackson said when approached by a reporter at 1221 Fairmount Ave., in the city’s 14th Ward, where he lurked on Election Day in 2008.

One voter who didn't mind Jackson's presence was Robin Spriggs, 50.

"We need it," she said. "It doesn't matter the color, the creed or anything like that. They protect everyone."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/new-black-panthers-back-at-philly-voting-site/#ixzz2BTgte7Bc

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Relax Fox News! It was just Ty Bowman and his new workout routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yuFy_qjolU

Dustin D
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I pray for something like that to happen near me. I'd love to show up wearing a Romney/Ryan shirt and yelling to the top of my lungs GO ROMNEY! GO ROMNEY! and DARE that SOB to come within arms distance of me.

Would be a great time!

Buzz
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I pray for something like that to happen near me. I'd love to show up wearing a Romney/Ryan shirt and yelling to the top of my lungs GO ROMNEY! GO ROMNEY! and DARE that SOB to come within arms distance of me.

Would be a great time!

I wish I was half the man...

Buzz
11-06-2012, 04:52 PM
loi·ter
We have signs that say its against the law to do this at a polling place. I guess thats why he opens the door no one could get in without his help. . Was he hired? I think not

  to linger aimlessly or as if aimless in or about a place: to loiter around the bus terminal.

Did you notice the clip I posted in this thread that I got from the Fox News Website? They found out after they did their on air story that the guy is actually an official poll worker this time around. So, in fact, he was not loitering. He was working in his official capacity. I guess he decided to go legit.

I still don't understand how you all feel that an African American would be intimidating standing outside the polls in an African American community. Please explain.

HPL
11-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Good Lord, I'll try and remember to call them socioeconomically challenged neighborhoods from now on. But I will tell you, there is just no way you could call them "good." Around Detroit we just called them bad neighborhoods.

Where is there an "all white" state?

I suppose it would be a matter of degree, but I suspect both Dakotas of being overwhelmingly caucasian, along with utah and some of the tiny states on the east coast perhaps.

Pete
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Would you like him standing outside of your house opening the door for your wife? I didn't think so.[/COLOR]]

He is on a public sidewalk. And yes he could open the door for my wife in a public place any time he felt like it. I had a blast at the poles today. Our town has 2 booths well kinda booths (3 sided cardboard cut outs) and paper handouts. There were 10 or 12 people at the same time this morning. So We had a non private voting area,,,where we lined up on bench seats and copied each others answers We talked duck hunting and set blind times for my neighbors granddaughter. We would make that black dude feel right at home.

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Pete, you and Buzz don't get it. It's more about appearance than anything else. He is wearing traditional "Black Panther" garb. He is presenting himself as a Black Panther. If I stood outside a polling station wearing a KKK robe, would that be ok? Do you think anyone would have a problem with it if I was polite and opened doors for people? If he is an "official" poll worker, he shouldn't be wearing a Black Panther beret and military insignia. Go ahead and spin this any way you want but it is what it is. The double standards in today's society are ridiculous, especially when it comes to race. Terry Bradshaw makes an inside joke about fried chicken when Reggie Bush scored a touchdown and everybody screams racism. His joke was between him and another commentator and had nothing to do with racism or Reggie Bush but that's not how the liberal media made it sound. Yet, a Black Panther can stand outside a polling station during a Presidential election and it's ok.

HPL
11-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Re: "All white states".

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.html&h=473&w=567&sz=27&tbnid=uc82p-1LyTeqFM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=97&prev=/search%3Fq%3DUS%2Bblack%2Bpopulation%2Bdistributio n%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=US+black+population+distribution&usg=__1TY4pQDSQxiLV1vkHK0fzQbffiY=&sa=X&ei=d4yZUIDCJ8XSqwHpw4B4&ved=0CDUQ9QEwBw

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/77/104577-004-9F7D3B63.gif&imgrefurl=http://kids.britannica.com/comptons/art-143189&h=826&w=941&sz=63&tbnid=mJdUQFXTNJaskM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=90&prev=/search%3Fq%3DUS%2Bblack%2Bpopulation%2Bdistributio n%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=US+black+population+distribution&usg=__yO_pTR_CussNg1fn3HWCslm-xlo=&sa=X&ei=d4yZUIDCJ8XSqwHpw4B4&ved=0CD0Q9QEwCw

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
You call it ok, I call it the same as it was in 2008, Intimidation. He is making a statement by wearing his black panther clothes.

I.am glad to hear that he is legit, but they should not allow him to dress that way if he's a poll worker

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 05:23 PM
You call it ok, I call it the same it was in 2008, Intimidation. He is making a statement by wearing his black panther clothes.
That's exactly what it is.

Pete
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Pete, you and Buzz don't get it. It's more about appearance than anything else. He is wearing traditional "Black Panther" garb. He is presenting himself as a Black Panther. If I stood outside a polling station wearing a KKK robe, would that be ok? Do you think anyone would have a problem with it if I was polite and opened doors for people? If he is an "official" poll worker, he shouldn't be wearing a Black Panther beret and military insignia. Go ahead and spin this any way you want but it is what it is. The double standards in today's society are ridiculous, especially when it comes to race. Terry Bradshaw makes an inside joke about fried chicken when Reggie Bush scored a touchdown and everybody screams racism. His joke was between him and another commentator and had nothing to do with racism or Reggie Bush but that's not how the liberal media made it sound. Yet, a Black Panther can stand outside a polling station during a Presidential election and it's ok.

Brian
I am not spinning any thing. for starters all I saw was a black guy wearing a barea and opening a door for people. I have read nothing into the video. . I have no idea if he is a black panther or an x green barea. If indeed he is a black panther,,,he has every right to hate white people just as the KKK has the right to hate black people. As long as they don't do harm ,,,who gives a rats ass what they believe. He appeared very harmless to me in the video. As long as he remains harmless he can dress and do what he chooses. Personally that would not intimidate me or my wife.

I also understand the double standard and where you guys are coming from. But fox news is kin with cnc,,same mother different father or same father different mothers.
Pete

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/we-talked-to-the-special-ops-vets-who-are-monitoring-voter-intimidation-at-polling-sites-theyre-having-a-lot-of-fun/

Special ops are on the scene

Brian Cockfield
11-06-2012, 05:49 PM
He wouldn't intimidate me either Pete but in an election where every single vote makes a difference, he should not be there. Period. Just because he doesn't intimidate me doesn't mean he wouldn't intimidate my mother or wife. The Black Panthers are a hate group and it's sad that a member of hate group is allowed to stand outside of a polling station. I don't give a rat's a$$ how nice he is.

Marvin S
11-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I suppose it would be a matter of degree, but I suspect both Dakotas of being overwhelmingly caucasian, along with utah and some of the tiny states on the east coast perhaps.

Both the Dakota's have a large population of "ORIGINAL" North Americans :)

Uncle Bill
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM

We refer to them as "Native" Americans. Get it strait or I'll put you through one of those little round windows on the side of your sight-seeing yaht. Heh heh heh heh:D

UB

BonMallari
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM

so what about ALASKA

Paul "Happy" Gilmore
11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
so what about ALASKA

They were Russians back then.

MooseGooser
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
The way Gooser looks at it,,,

If he wants to be a door man,, he needs to dress like it.. Dont they have a uniform??

Wheres the Union Now???

is he a scab worker??

I think it Classy they want to do this,, but really,, its a Tux,, white shirt,, cumberbun,, and Spats!

JMO

Gooser

HPL
11-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Neither of the Dakotas has a LARGE population of anybody and the word you were looking for is "aboriginal".

Terri
11-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Government dependency is a sure way to keep a person of any color in slavery. Buzz sorry to bust your bubble, but I'm not scared of black people.

Terri

murral stark
11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
You call it ok, I call it the same as it was in 2008, Intimidation. He is making a statement by wearing his black panther clothes.

I.am glad to hear that he is legit, but they should not allow him to dress that way if he's a poll worker

Is there an established dress code for poll workers? I don't see the guy intimidating anyone at all. If him standing there is intimidating, that's a stretch.;)

gmhr1
11-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Did you see any of the other workers dressed like that?
Pollworkers should wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing

murral stark
11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Did you see any of the other workers dressed like that?
Pollworkers should wear comfortable shoes and warm appropriate clothing.
In the brief clip I saw, I didn't see any of the other poll workers. Who decides what is appropriate clothing? Is there a written dress code for poll workers? The other workers must not have seen any issue with his attire. His clothing seemed to be keeping him warm. He also did not look like he was uncomfortable with the footwear he chose.

charly_t
11-06-2012, 10:10 PM
What if it was a muslim in traditional muslim clothing at the door ? Male or female ?

What about a native American brave wearing war paint ? You get the picture,
just station someone at the door who does not appear to be like the general
population for that area.

murral stark
11-06-2012, 11:12 PM
What if it was a muslim in traditional muslim clothing at the door ? Male or female ?

What about a native American brave wearing war paint ? You get the picture,
just station someone at the door who does not appear to be like the general
population for that area.

But he was just like the general population of that area. At least that's what I saw. I didn't see anybody running and not going in to vote because they were scared of him.

Henry V
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Wait .... Karl Rove was just on FOX and said that the call for Ohio was premature and is not correct. But then some FOX eggheads said they were 99% certain that Obama would take Ohio.

Buzz
11-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Wait .... Karl Rove was just on FOX and said that the call for Ohio was premature and is not correct. But then some FOX eggheads said they were 99% certain that Obama would take Ohio.

Nice to hear from you Henry!