PDA

View Full Version : Impeachment hearings before or after inauguration?

Ken Bora
11-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Do you think formal investigation hearings, “Impeachment”? By our House of Representatives will start before or after the inauguration? Remember, impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges.
What do you all think?

HPL
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
On what issue?

paul young
11-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Do you think formal investigation hearings, “Impeachment”? By our House of Representatives will start before or after the inauguration? Remember, impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges.
What do you all think?

On what charge(s)?

Ken Bora
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
from the news....

A House committee is planning to hold a closed hearing next week on the Libya consulate attack, following up on an issue that Republicans had emphasized before the presidential election in questioning President Obama's foreign policy record.
Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi. A local Libyan extremist group is suspected of carrying out the attack, but the Obama administration has been criticized for its confusing explanation for the strike and for security warnings that apparently weren't heeded.
The House Intelligence Committee will hold its closed hearing on the attack on Nov. 15, Fox News has learned. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, CIA Director David Petraeus and Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, are expected to testify.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/07/house-panel-to-hold-hearing-on-libya-attack-with-top-obama-intelligence/#ixzz2BeGBJEG5

paul young
11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
"criticism" = Impeachment?

Darned good thing we haven't been applying this standard to every president who has ever held office........

Ken Bora
11-08-2012, 10:49 AM
special closed door criticism........

Larry Thompson1
11-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Well I am sickened by the things that have accured on 9-11. The only true response should have been swift and decisive. It is the 1 and only true job of the president, bieng to protect the people of the U.S. I can only hope the truth comes out but I doubt it ever will. Someone is responsible for not protecting our people. That person should be found guilty of atleast neglagence.

M&K's Retrievers
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
I voted for after but I doubt it will happen at all. Gotti was the Teflon Don. Obama is the Teflon POTUS.

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
You need an option for "not gonna happen". While I really think his bypassing congress on several issues such as the illegal alien thing deserve impeachment I don't think the republicans will ever try to impeach him unless he does something that even the dems and the media can't whitewash.

BonMallari
11-08-2012, 02:01 PM
not gonna happen

1. don't have the votes

2. don't have enough proof

3. American public wont put up with it

unless you get someone like Hillary or Petraeus coming out and saying on the record that the Pres knew and gave the stand down order, they have nothing...leaked emails wont do it

HPL
11-08-2012, 02:05 PM
How about "I DON"T WANT PRES BIDEN"!!!?

huntinman
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
not gonna happen

1. don't have the votes

2. don't have enough proof

3. American public wont put up with it

unless you get someone like Hillary or Petraeus coming out and saying on the record that the Pres knew and gave the stand down order, they have nothing...leaked emails wont do it

plus, as the "second black president" he is untouchable...

Daniel J Simoens
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I hope the try and end up wasting billions and billions of dollars. why not, what else are they going to do with their time??? pass meaningfull laws???? lmao lol rofl

Eric Johnson
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
special closed door criticism........

The House Foreign Affairs Comm was holding open hearings. The House and Senate Intelligence Committees were holding closed hearings but...I think these hearings are always closed. IOW, there's nothing that even hints at impeachment.

JS
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
This is simply another outrageous waste of the taxpayers' money!!!! They all have laptops! All the facts they need are readily available on RTF/POTUS!!

JS

smillerdvm
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
What do you all think?

Ken you might want to change the channel to something other than Fox "News" occasionally

Actually it probably will not matter if you keep watching Fox; cause Im guessing they will quit pushing this BS story now that the election is over they have lost their "Fair & balanced" motive

luvmylabs23139
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
How about "I DON"T WANT PRES BIDEN"!!!?

Given the choice between Obama and Biden I take Biden. I think Uncle Joe would at least try to work with republicans.