road kill
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Do any of you read this site?

It is evidently a Libertarian "Think Tank."

Does not quite square up with what gets tossed out here as "Libertarianism."

http://www.cato.org/

Franco
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Read it daily and it very much reflects what us Libertarians post here on RTF!

In fact just yesterday I posted about Liberty, Peace and a Balanced Budget.

Libertarians did not support Romney or Obama because we are against Crony Capitalism, Big Goverment, Deficit Spending and believe in self determination. All the things the Dem and Repub candidates stand for!

I for one have posted many links to Cato articles.

huntinman
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Libertarians did not support Romney or Obama because we are against Crony Capitalism, Big Goverment, Deficit Spending and believe in self determination. All the things the Dem and Repub candidates stand for!

You did support Obama by not voting Romney...just the fact...

M&K's Retrievers
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Franco, you sound like your running for office. Next you'll be talking about bridges, roads and teachers. Oh yeah, green energy.

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Yes!
Very good site.

Another for us Colorado guys is the

Independece Institute:

Not to railroad the thread,, but here is an article from the Independence Institutes web site, that has a guy who just wrote a book on Government and the second amendment.

He wrote the following article about Oas treaty.

Gun Control was a topic that was "Off the Table" in debates this past election...
The second amendment was brought once,, and President Obama said he supported the second ammendment,, but with reasonable regulation....

He is an example of what HE president Obama,, and Secretary of state call reasonable...

These sites are where you find information like this.. The mainstream press wont give aitime to any of it.. The folks that blindly follow our media,, readstuff like this,,, and they just revert to adressing the article as fear mongering,, or right wing kooks...

President Obama considers this as "reasonable" regulation..
We must be very careful of the lefts definitions of simple words..
Remember president Clinton?

You gun tingerers, and reloaders read this..

http://davekopel.com/2A/Mags/oas-treaty.htm

Franco
11-09-2012, 09:59 AM

BS..that would be with a capital B and S!

You must have missed the fact that Presidents are elected via the Electoral College while you were obtaining your GED.

Louisiana, like most southern states would vote for Charles Manson if he had an (R) behind his name. By voting for Gary Johnson, I am supporting an alternative voice to the dysfunctional Dem and Repub parties.

BonMallari
11-09-2012, 09:59 AM
wasnt Cato the sidekick of the Green Hornet.....and wasnt he played by Bruce Lee :confused::rolleyes:

Franco
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
CATO Institutes' Mission Statement

Mission Statement"To increase the understanding of public policies based on the principles of limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace. The Institute will use the most effective means to originate, advocate, promote, and disseminate applicable policy proposals that create free, open, and civil societies in the United States and throughout the world."

huntinman
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
BS..that would be with a capital B and S!

You must have missed the fact that Presidents are elected via the Electoral College while you were obtaining your GED.

Louisiana, like most southern states would vote for Charles Manson if he had an (R) behind his name. By voting for Gary Johnson, I am supporting an alternative voice to the dysfunctional Dem and Repub parties.

You have some sort of hangup about GED's... Still working on yours?

Marvin S
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Do any of you read this site?

It is evidently a Libertarian "Think Tank."

Does not quite square up with what gets tossed out here as "Libertarianism."

http://www.cato.org/

I am a member - so get what I would call an unbiased look at things - some of there writings are very good as a baseline from which to view the options - they have many good articles on all things government:cool: - The Koch's were among the founders, when they tried to take it over recently it ended in court with the long time head being replaced, & the Koch's taking a lesser role - somehow those organizations do not do well on the second run of management - I hope CATO does, in my mind it is a very necessary buffer :).

As for Franco's view of being a libertarian, he's a pinochio follower & based on his knowledge of Virginia Postrel a Janey come lately to the political scene - Goldwater's view was much more realistic :confused:. Franco is selective in the material he agrees with, which is what makes his particular brand of reasoning (if one can call it that) so hard to fathom. I guess it's like his FB prognostications :p.

road kill
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I am a member - so get what I would call an unbiased look at things - some of there writings are very good as a baseline from which to view the options - they have many good articles on all things government:cool: - The Koch's were among the founders, when they tried to take it over recently it ended in court with the long time head being replaced, & the Koch's taking a lesser role - somehow those organizations do not do well on the second run of management - I hope CATO does, in my mind it is a very necessary buffer :).

As for Franco's view of being a libertarian, he's a pinochio follower & based on his knowledge of Virginia Postrel a Janey come lately to the political scene - Goldwater's view was much more realistic :confused:. Franco is selective in the material he agrees with, which is what makes his particular brand of reasoning (if one can call it that) so hard to fathom. I guess it's like his FB prognostications :p.
I like what I read there, but it sure doesn't square up with what Franco posts.

I am probably very much in line with these ideals.

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 10:17 AM
CATO Institutes' Mission Statement

Mission Statement

"To increase the understanding of public policies based on the principles of limited government, free markets, individual liberty, and peace. The Institute will use the most effective means to originate, advocate, promote, and disseminate applicable policy proposals that create free, open, and civil societies in the United States and throughout the world."

Like I said... Guys like Franco that CLAIM to be Libertarian,, and voted for President Obama,, should read the article link I posted above... Then explain how who they voted for,, represents LIMITED GOVERNMENT!

Gooser

Franco
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I like what I read there, but it sure doesn't square up with what Franco posts.

I am probably very much in line with these ideals.

Care to point out where my post differ in principle?

I bet you can't and will just come up with some rhetoric.

Franco
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Like I said... Guys like Franco that CLAIM to be Libertarian,, and voted for President Obama,, should read the article link I posted above... Then explain how who they voted for,, represents LIMITED GOVERNMENT!

Gooser

Completely dumb Gooser. Maybe you should read the Libertarian Platform before assuming.

http://www.lp.org/

BonMallari
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I actually follow the Cato Institute on Twitter, so they provide some great links to stories that interest me

road kill
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I actually follow the Cato Institute on Twitter, so they provide some great links to stories that interest me
So, the real conservatives here follow CATO, and the pseudo grand standers pick and choose and paraphrase??

Franco
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
So, the real conservatives here follow CATO, and the pseudo grand standers pick and choose and paraphrase??

Just like I said in post #13!

BTW, all you real conservatives here that follow CATO supported a Crony Capitalist, a party that wants to limit your Liberties, a party that loves big spending and government, and are advocating going to war with Iran!

Uncle Bill
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Just like I said in post #13!

BTW, all you real conservatives here that follow CATO supported a Crony Capitalist, a party that wants to limit your Liberties, a party that loves big spending and government, and are advocating going to war with Iran!

That's the problem with your brand of omniscience...you confuse voting against the current White House inhabitant, as voting FOR a party that is established and can be changed from within. The conservatives haven't been in office for many years, and it's taken folks like the Tea Party grass roots groups to get into the project of changing out the RINOs and the 'establishment' east coast and Washington corridor groupies. At least we have a structure from which to progress, rather than start to re-invent the wheel.

Good luck with your 5% getting anything established in your lifetime. But we'll keep our eyes on Louisiana and watch your 'party' take over, so we can expect the next Presidential candidate to rise from your organization.

UB

mngundog
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Yes!
Very good site.

Another for us Colorado guys is the

Independece Institute:

Not to railroad the thread,, but here is an article from the Independence Institutes web site, that has a guy who just wrote a book on Government and the second amendment.

He wrote the following article about Oas treaty.

Gun Control was a topic that was "Off the Table" in debates this past election...
The second amendment was brought once,, and President Obama said he supported the second ammendment,, but with reasonable regulation....

He is an example of what HE president Obama,, and Secretary of state call reasonable...

These sites are where you find information like this.. The mainstream press wont give aitime to any of it.. The folks that blindly follow our media,, readstuff like this,,, and they just revert to adressing the article as fear mongering,, or right wing kooks...

President Obama considers this as "reasonable" regulation..
We must be very careful of the lefts definitions of simple words..
Remember president Clinton?

You gun tingerers, and reloaders read this..

http://davekopel.com/2A/Mags/oas-treaty.htm
Gooser that was an interesting read but not relevant to this election, both parties put up anti-gun candidates which basically makes this argument a mute point. The second amendment was off the table because both candidates had the same view.

Franco
11-09-2012, 12:51 PM
That's the problem with your brand of omniscience...you confuse voting against the current White House inhabitant, as voting FOR a party that is established and can be changed from within. The conservatives haven't been in office for many years, and it's taken folks like the Tea Party grass roots groups to get into the project of changing out the RINOs and the 'establishment' east coast and Washington corridor groupies. At least we have a structure from which to progress, rather than start to re-invent the wheel.

Good luck with your 5% getting anything established in your lifetime. But we'll keep our eyes on Louisiana and watch your 'party' take over, so we can expect the next Presidential candidate to rise from your organization.

UB

The reality is that the Teas took it in the shorts on Election Day and helped Obama win!
http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2012/1108/Why-Democrats-have-the-tea-party-to-thank-for-their-win-video

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Gooser that was an interesting read but not relevant to this election, both parties put up anti-gun candidates which basically makes this argument a mute point. The second amendment was off the table because both candidates had the same view.

You have got to be kidding!!!

From The Romney campain:

PRESIDENTIAL PLATFORM:

PHILOSOPHICAL VIEW:

“As the Supreme Court has recently reaffirmed, the Second Amendment protects a basic and fundamental individual right—the right to bear arms... and when I am president, I will do all in my power to defend and protect the right of all law-abiding Americans to keep and bear arms.”
MittRomney.com - Oct 4, 2012 (http://www.mittromney.com/news/press/2012/10/mitt-romney-announces-endorsement-national-rifle-association)

“I support the Second Amendment as one of the most basic and fundamental rights of every American.” (Governor Mitt Romney)
National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF.org) - Candidates Speak - Sep 24, 2007 (https://www.nssf.org/share/BP2/search/disp_BAK.cfm?Iyr=2007&Bissue=092407.htm)

“Let me speak very directly and candidly about where I stand. I support the Second Amendment as one of the most basic and fundamental rights of every American. It's essential to our functioning as a free society, as are all the liberties enumerated in the Bill of Rights...
“As president, I'll honor the right of decent law abiding citizens to own and use firearms in defense of their families, their property and for all other lawful purposes, including the common defense.”
NRA-ILA - Sep 10, 2007 (http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2007/presidential-candidates-ask-for-nra-sup.aspx)

pbworks.com - Mitt Romney & Guns (http://myclob.pbworks.com/w/page/21957844/Guns)

“The Second Amendment protects the individual right of lawful citizens to keep and bear arms. I strongly support this essential freedom and I applaud the recent federal appeals court decision in Washington, D.C., which concluded that the Second Amendment protects an individualized right to keep and bear arms. As President, I will support that interpretation and protect the right of every law abiding American to keep and use firearms. With respect to gun control laws, I believe we need to distinguish between law abiding gun owners and criminals who use guns. Those who use a firearm during the commission of a crime must be punished severely. The key is to provide law enforcement with the resources they need and punish criminals, not burden lawful gun owners.” (Mitt Romney)
The Washington Post - Mitt Romney on the Issues - Campaign 2008 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/issues/candidates/mitt-romney/#gun-control)

STRATEGY:

“I'll ask Congress to repeal the McCain-Fiengold law which sought to impose restrictions on the First Amendment rights of groups like the NRA to advocate for issues we care about. Some parts have already been declared unconstitutional. We ought to get rid of the entire bill.
“Finally, let me say that one of the most active fronts in the fight to preserve our Second Amendment rights today is being waged in the courts. Lawsuits have been filed seeking to take away the individual's right to bear arms. We have to look no further than the Parker case. I hope the Roberts court takes the Parker case and upholds the Bill of Rights to protect gun owners everywhere. I've made it clear that I'll appoint judges who believe in strictly interpreting the Constitution, judges in the mold of Roberts, Alito, Scalia and Thomas. It's simply wrong for judges to legislate from the bench. They should follow the law in the Constitution, not make new law.
“And I know that good judges aren't our only defense in the courts. We need tort reform as well. That's the way we fight the back door attempt to ban guns by bankrupting manufacturers.
“The right to bear arms is the cornerstone of our personal freedoms.
“It's a constitutional guarantee passed down to us by the founders.
“And it helps keep us the land of the free and the home of the brave.”
Speaking to members of the National Rifle Association, he continued:
“The message of my campaign is that we need to strengthen America. We need a stronger military, stronger families and a stronger economy. The work you do helps keep America strong. Thank you, may God bless you. And may God continue to bless the United States of America.”
youtube.com - NRA-ILA video - Sep 21, 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HILWwGwCpj0)

W POST: “Do you think tighter restrictions should be in place for those buying a firearm?”
ROMNEY: “No. I believe we need to focus on enforcing our current laws rather than creating new laws that burden lawful gun owners. I believe in safe and responsible gun ownership and that anyone who exercises the right to keep and bear arms must do so lawfully and properly. I do not believe in a one-size-fits-all federal approach to gun ownership because people keep and use firearms for different reasons. Law-abiding citizens have a right to protect their homes and their families and as President, I will vigorously defend that right.”
The Washington Post - Mitt Romney on the Issues - Campaign 2008 (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/issues/candidates/mitt-romney/#gun-control)

“ "When it comes to protecting the Second Amendment, I do not support any new gun laws including any new ban on semi-automatic firearms. As President, I will follow President Bush's precedent of opposing any laws that go beyond the restrictions in place when I take office. The laws I do and will support include decades-old restrictions on weapons of unusual lethality like grenades, rocket launchers, fully automatic firearms and what are legally known as destructive devices and would include similar restrictions on new and exotic weapons of similar or even greater lethality. I am proud of my record of defending life and the Second Amendment."
“Dec. 30, 2007 Mitt Romney”
2008election.procon.org - Are more federal regulations on guns and ammunition needed? (http://2008election.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=1674#romney)

“Governor Romney has stated that he would not reinstate that Assault Weapons Ban. In fact, Governor Romney does not support any new gun laws including a ban on semi-automatic firearms. He would consider limitations on weapons of unusual lethality like grenades, rocket launchers, fully automatic firearms and what are legally known as destructive weapons.”
Targeted News Service - The Real Romney Record - Dec 30, 2007 (http://www.retrievertraining.net/arch/real/The-Real-Romney-Record.htm)

While I agree the Romney has had issues in the past,, the Election was about a choice!!

A choice between the attitude of OBAMA,, and the choice of a candidte that directly supports the second ammendment..Romney isnt going to the U.N. (small arms treaty act) or the OAS treaty.. he is on record of supporting the second ammendment,, not trying to eliminate it..

It was a choice sir!

For a Guy Like Franco,, who in other threads has said that Democrats are more about LIBERTY than a Republican has ever thought of being...
It makes me wonder how he ever came to that conclusion when President Obama is seriously suggesting act like the ones I mentioned...

It suggests that,, If he realises that a vote for a third party is a vote for President Obama ,,, and if he realises he really only has a choice between the 2 parties,,,and the fact he says he believes the Democrats are more about LIBERTY than the repubs,,, well then he voted democrat.....

Weather he pulled the lever for a LIBERTARIAN or not,,, His vote was Democrat,, and he was fine with that,, because he has said the Democratic party is more about LIBERTY than the RePUBLICAN...

He doesent care!!

INSTEAD,,,he calls me stupid... All he has,,, is to state the Obviouse????:):)

I'm sure all you smart guys on RTF has figgered out Gooser aint bright..:):)

Franco
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
First. lets start with the truth. Though I am NOt an Obama supporter, this is his stance on Gun Control.

Second Obama-Romney 2012 Presidential debate : on Gun Control

Barack Obama: I believe in 2nd Amendment, but not war weapons on streetsQ: In 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals.
OBAMA: We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves. My belief is that we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns. Source: Second Obama-Romney 2012 debate Oct 16, 2012

Franco
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Second, the Dems do represent personal Liberties much more so than the Repubs. If anything, the Repubs do not believe in equal rights for all Americans, just read their political platform!

Just look at how long it took the Repubs to come around with Civil Rights! Now, they want to treat people who happen to love one another but because they are of the same sex, as second class citizens.

If the Repubs truly embraced Liberty, they would adopt the policy of, Live and Let Live! And, not condem people because they they don't fit into their idea of right and wrong.

Add the fact that the Repubs are all about Crony Capitalism, big government and over-spending and you have a political party more than willing to take away your Freedom!

Marvin S
11-09-2012, 02:25 PM
The reality is that the Teas took it in the shorts on Election Day and helped Obama win!
http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2012/1108/Why-Democrats-have-the-tea-party-to-thank-for-their-win-video

The Christian Science Monitor, along with the Wall Street Journal, has become irrelevant because they have tried to become fair & balanced - which means they have passed the point of sanity into looney land. My apologies to the loonies :).

I was very happy that we ended up with Romney-Ryan as a slate - apparently a significant portion of fly over country was also - I believe they had a very good message, & I am certain some of the ills will be corrected during the current POTUS's term as they had many good ideas :cool:.

Most of these campaigns are self financed, both sides, so sometimes the choice of who will be the bearer comes down to who has the scratch. In our own state the MSFT crowd is taking their stock option money, most of which one could make a great case for it being undeserved, & using it to buy elections. Usually as D's :o. Why was it that Romney's wealth, earned through sound business practices was an issue, but in the last election John Kerry's (unearned because he married into it) wealth which was 3 times Romney's was a non issue? It was because the MSM doesn't report & most folks are too lazy to dig out the facts :(. A significant number of posters on this forum & Franco's unintelligible rants are proof of that :robot:.

mngundog
11-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Gooser, 8 years ago when Romney held a press conference to sign his weapons ban he stood up at the podium and said
“These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”. That sounds like anti-gun to me, and it fly's in the face to what he's been saying to win the election, you can put lipstick on a pig...................

cpj
11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
It's obvious to me the Tea Party was quickly consumed by the Republican Party. They fell in line and have been silenced. The Republican establishment couldn't afford to allow the TP to educate a large chunk of its voting block. In my little piece of the world, I saw one Tea Party ad which was on FB. It said, click "like" if you think Ann Romney would make a great First Lady. What a joke they've become.

cpj
11-09-2012, 02:51 PM
For fans of the Cato Institute, you might give Mises.org a try. Libertarian, Austrian economics and Anarcho-capitalism all in one. Conservatism with a free market, non intervention theme.

Marvin S
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
It's obvious to me the Tea Party was quickly consumed by the Republican Party. They fell in line and have been silenced. The Republican establishment couldn't afford to allow the TP to educate a large chunk of its voting block. In my little piece of the world, I saw one Tea Party ad which was on FB. It said, click "like" if you think Ann Romney would make a great First Lady. What a joke they've become.

If you are an R donor you would notice that there was an attempt by individuals to commercialize the movement - I have had several which I have conveniently placed where they belong. The thought process behind the movement & the spontaneity are/were a strong showing of a desire of normal folks to be part of the process. There is no requirement for membership so the movement will have it's fair share of less than desirables. At the risk of being repetitious, one only need look at this forum. If each of us could vote 3 people off who would they be. & in the end, who would be left to have a discussion with :o.

Franco
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
The Christian Science Monitor, along with the Wall Street Journal, has become irrelevant because they have tried to become fair & balanced - which means they have passed the point of sanity into looney land. My apologies to the loonies :).

I was very happy that we ended up with Romney-Ryan as a slate - apparently a significant portion of fly over country was also - I believe they had a very good message, & I am certain some of the ills will be corrected during the current POTUS's term as they had many good ideas :cool:.

Most of these campaigns are self financed, both sides, so sometimes the choice of who will be the bearer comes down to who has the scratch. What cave have you been living in? Adelson alone contributed more than 10 million this last campaign. There was more Speical Interest money floating around this past election than at any time in our history. And, it all went to the Dems and Repubs in buying influence. In our own state the MSFT crowd is taking their stock option money, most of which one could make a great case for it being undeserved, & using it to buy elections. Usually as D's :o. Why was it that Romney's wealth, earned through sound business practices was an issue, but in the last election John Kerry's (unearned because he married into it) wealth which was 3 times Romney's was a non issue? I said the same thing here on RTF. I also said that being a Venture Capitalist was not a prequalification for the job. It was because the MSM doesn't report & most folks are too lazy to dig out the facts :(. A significant number of posters on this forum & Franco's unintelligible rants are proof of that when you can't beat them in a debate, just insult them! You have no Cred, typical. :robot:.

my comments in red!

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Minn guy.
like I said, Romney not perfect, but between the two choices,

you done see a guy that takes an OATH to uphold the constitution,then entered into talks with UN thugs,on the small arms treaty,and promotes osa

the man wants to have reasonae regulation on guns that include reloaders to have a manufacturers license,to keep records of every round reloaded.

wants you to be required to have that same license to mount a scope on that harmless recreational rif of yours.

this is his reasonable regulation he talks about when he states

I believe in the second amendment, as long as it includes reasonable regulation.

The man took an OATH

Gooser

Susie Royer
11-09-2012, 03:11 PM
First. lets start with the truth. But weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced.

What is an assault weapon?

Franco
11-09-2012, 03:14 PM

It has been defined for some time and easy to find on the web!

Criteria of an assault weaponAssault weapon (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Assault_weapon) (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Firearms) that possess the features of an assault rifle (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Assault_rifle) (which are fully-automatic). Semi-automatic firearms (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm), when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Trigger) pull.
In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15 (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/AR-15), TEC-9 (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Intratec_TEC-DC9), non select-fire AK-47s (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/AK-47) produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Uzi)) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of features from the following list of features:

Susie Royer
11-09-2012, 03:22 PM
It has been defined for some time and easy to find on the web!

Criteria of an assault weaponAssault weapon (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Assault_weapon) (semi-automatic) refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Firearms) that possess the features of an assault rifle (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Assault_rifle) (which are fully-automatic). Semi-automatic firearms (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Semi-automatic_firearm), when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun; rather, only one round is fired with each trigger (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Trigger) pull.

So, if I'm reading this correctly my Browning BAR .270 semi automatic is considered an assault rifle?

Franco
11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
So, if I'm reading this correctly my Browning BAR .270 semi automatic is considered an assault rifle?

No. The BAR270 only holds 5 or 6 rounds.

Semi-automatic rifles (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Semi-automatic_rifle) able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Telescoping_stock)
Pistol grip (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Pistol_grip)
Bayonet (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Bayonet) mount
Flash suppressor (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Flash_suppressor), or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Grenade_launcher) (more precisely, a muzzle device that enables launching or firing rifle grenades (http://www.retrievertraining.net/wiki/Rifle_grenade), though this applies only to muzzle mounted grenade launchers and not those mounted externally

cotts135
11-09-2012, 04:24 PM

What????????????????????????:confused::confused:

mngundog
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Susie, right now the "AR rifle" is the fasted growing firearms in terms of sales today, if you read Outdoor Life, Field&Stream or any of the hunting magizines today almost without fail they will be talking about them as hunting guns. In my local community about 80% of the coyote hunters are using guns bases off of the AR platform, these are the same rifles that Romney defines as assault rifles and banned in Mass, along with regulations of adding fees to the purchase of every new gun purchased.

Susie Royer
11-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Susie, right now the "AR rifle" is the fasted growing firearms in terms of sales today, if you read Outdoor Life, Field&Stream or any of the hunting magizines today almost without fail they will be talking about them as hunting guns.

My husband has several ARs. I bought him a 223 last year for Xmas...still don't have Yote jacket <VBG> Now I see Franco changed his post about the definition of a semi...let's get the definition straight before you post it Franco LOL

BonMallari
11-09-2012, 05:07 PM
My husband has several ARs. I bought him a 223 last year for Xmas...still don't have Yote jacket <VBG> Now I see Franco changed his post about the definition of a semi...let's get the definition straight before you post it Franco LOL

You are the kind of wife that guys wish they had married....you rock girl

mngundog
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Minn guy.
like I said, Romney not perfect, but between the two choices,

you done see a guy that takes an OATH to uphold the constitution,then entered into talks with UN thugs,on the small arms treaty,and promotes osa

the man wants to have reasonae regulation on guns that include reloaders to have a manufacturers license,to keep records of every round reloaded.

wants you to be required to have that same license to mount a scope on that harmless recreational rif of yours.

this is his reasonable regulation he talks about when he states

I believe in the second amendment, as long as it includes reasonable regulation.

The man took an OATH

Gooser
Gooser I agree with you on Obama but for the life of me can't see why the Republican party would run a candidate with Romney's stance on gun control. Between the two of them Romney I believe is probably the lessor of two evils only because the Republican party may be able to reign him in as seen in his recent flip-flopping of beliefs.

Franco
11-09-2012, 05:28 PM

I didn't change a freaking thing, I just posted more of it. Don't complain when you are too lazy to look it up for yourself!

Susie Royer
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I didn't change a freaking thing, I just posted more of it. Don't complain when you are too lazy to look it up for yourself!

Lazy? Some one needs to....never mind your just not worth it <VBG>

huntinman
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM

Don't be picking on her... She's our kind of girl... We might have to come down there and hide your pot:rolleyes:

Franco
11-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Don't be picking on her... She's our kind of girl... We might have to come down there and hide your pot:rolleyes:

How clever. You can't make your points in a debate or discussion so you try to out Fox, Fox News tactics!

huntinman
11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
How clever. You can't make your points in a debate or discussion so you try to out Fox, Fox News tactics!

Did someone at Fox threaten to hide your pot?

roseberry
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
i don't mean to get anyone off track but i seriously always thought the term libertarian was a code word for a dude who supported legalization of marijuana.

btw i have never understood the need to legalize weed. we all know if the government gets involved, regulates and taxes weed, it will cost a great deal more than it does today. gooser should document colorado black market kw cost per oz for us today in his home state. then two years from now we can compare the oz gooser obtained today with the fda regulated, labeled and taxed variety being sold in the "state weed store" of the future. this may be one of those things a government does well........i doubt it though?

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Hahahahaha!:):):

Gooser doesn't smoke pot, drink, chase women.

My boring life revolves around silky undergarments, diet coke, and PopTarts

OH,,, and Pool Noodles.

roseberry
11-09-2012, 07:07 PM
gooser it is a scientific experiment. you don't have to smoke it. just obtain it in the name of science and place it in a "time capsule" for comparison two years from now. lol

murral stark
11-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Did someone at Fox threaten to hide your pot?

What have you got against pot? One of God's herbs that he put on this planet. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it bad. Do you drink alcohol? I don't like alcohol, so does that mean it's bad? Absolutely not. Just uptight, self righteous dinosaurs think pot is bad. The Natives put it in their "Peace Pipe". If you would hit the pipe a couple times, you might loosen up and quit being a stick in the mud.:cool:

huntinman
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
What have you got against pot? One of God's herbs that he put on this planet. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it bad. Do you drink alcohol? I don't like alcohol, so does that mean it's bad? Absolutely not. Just uptight, self righteous dinosaurs think pot is bad. The Natives put it in their "Peace Pipe". If you would hit the pipe a couple times, you might loosen up and quit being a stick in the mud.:cool:

And if you would pull your head out of your... Never mind:rolleyes:

MooseGooser
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
what have you got against pot? One of god's herbs that he put on this planet. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it bad. Do you drink alcohol? I don't like alcohol, so does that mean it's bad? Absolutely not. Just uptight, self righteous dinosaurs think pot is bad. The natives put it in their "peace pipe". If you would hit the pipe a couple times, you might loosen up and quit being a stick in the mud.:cool:

Dude!!!!! Maintain!!!! :):)

cpj
11-10-2012, 07:06 AM
If soldiers were given the opportunity to fight with civilian model AR's do you think they would choose them over their combat models? Of course not.