PDA

View Full Version : Noah's Arc Documentary using real scientists

Pete
11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsG3E7WAn0&feature=related

Here is a scientific study of a boat found in the mountains of Ararat with the same dimensions of Noah's Ark. About a 40 minute documentary.
Pretty cool if you ask me.
enjoy
Pete

Pete
11-15-2012, 12:05 AM
Did anyone take the time to watch the whole documentary.
Lots of things those who control the systems don't want us to know, Why has this been suppressed? I have a guess.
Pete

Ken Bora
11-15-2012, 12:09 AM
I just watched the hole thing. It was cool. I would love to roam round that area. Gosh the history! Eastern Turkey.
The photo before and after earthquake was wow! But I dont know. and those anchor stones????? I dont know.

Pete
11-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Ken
What do you question about the anchors.
Is it the 8 crosses inscribed? Is it that some one else could have carved the anchors? May be those who named it the "valley of 8'.
The radio image of the frame of the boat and the iron used to join it really set the hook for me,, also the measurments . I think the thing that really gets me is you never hear about any thing like this on the news. They only tell you what they want you to hear. Thanks for taking the time to watch it Ken.
Pete

Ken Bora
11-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Ken
What do you question about the anchors.
Is it the 8 crosses inscribed? Is it that some one else could have carved the anchors? May be those who named it the "valley of 8'......
Pete

yes x 3
maybe first crusade era? I mean still cool and all.... and old... but? but? but? i dont know.

Ken Bora
11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
or the anchor stones are true and real but were unadorned. after all Noah had a deadline to meet didn't he?
and the carvings on them are first crusade era or after.

Pete
11-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes he did. It took him about a hundred years to build it. I would agree also that the cross did not become a symbol like that and that the upgraded images of the cross look like from the crusade era. One think though. Noah would read the word written in the heavens. One of the constellations is the southern cross. I'll have to go look up the ancient star names in that constellation.

The boat thing is hard to deny though even for Franco (. (.
Pete

Franco
11-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Since you've asked.

I have to agree with Ken. Besides, the crucifix symbol didn't begin until the death of the Rabbi Jesus. Noah was way before.

Also, consider the source...
UFO TV, World's largest selection of exotic science. One series that I kind of remember was when space aliens kidnapped some erotic dancers.;-)

M&K's Retrievers
11-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Since you've asked.

I have to agree with Ken. Besides, the crucifix symbol didn't begin until the death of the Rabbi Jesus. Noah was way before.

Also, consider the source...
UFO TV, World's largest selection of exotic science. One series that I kind of remember was when space aliens kidnapped some erotic dancers.;-)

Was Ron Paul with them? :lol:

huntinman
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Walking like an Egyptian...:cool:

Franco
11-15-2012, 07:46 PM

I doubt it but, probably wishes he was and I wouldn't mind being on that voyage too!

huntinman
11-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I doubt it but, probably wishes he was and I wouldn't mind being on that voyage too!

Keep toking, you'll get there.

Franco
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Keep toking, you'll get there.

That's all you have in trying to sidetrack your unpatriotic rhetoric? Weak and just demonstrates you are clueless about me and Foreign Policy!

huntinman
11-15-2012, 07:55 PM
That's all you have in trying to sidetrack your unpatriotic rhetoric? Weak and just demonstrates you are clueless about me and Foreign Policy!

When you start throwing out terms like unpatriotic and unAmerican to someone you have never met... You are showing your ignorance. You have already lost.

Franco
11-15-2012, 08:00 PM
When you start throwing out terms like unpatriotic and unAmerican to someone you have never met... You are showing your ignorance. You have already lost.

I'm just going by what you post here on POTUS!

MooseGooser
11-15-2012, 09:34 PM
I have had discussions about the cross with folks before,,

Here is what many believe.
http://www.masters-table.org/pagan/cross.htm

RailRoadRetrievers
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
The cross has to have had pagan origins, the first to use the cross were the Romans, Christ was not the first crucified in such a manner though. It was prophesied about in the Old Testament, long before the Jews were under the Roman foot. That's the great thing about the blend of Scripture, OT and NT. But yes, pagan origins, but quickly became a symbol of Christian belief because the cross represents or reminds us of what Christ endured so that we may all have salvation in Him.

off soap box.....

roseberry
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
gooser,
that was interesting material on toting a cross through a door. they didn't seem to consider that if a camel or horse could actually stoop down and get through the "short door", the door would also need to be rather wide. if the door were four feet wide to accomodate a kneeling camel then the five foot nine inch wide top beam of a cross could be leaned corner to corner and carried through a door four feet and two inches tall.(according to pthygorean theorum and algebra one in eighth grade anyways)

franco,
your classification of Jesus as Rabbi only might indicate that you should rename your favorite professional football team. maybe call them the "New Orleans list of historical individuals who spent their lives serving humanity believing mistakenly that they were called to service by a Diety that does not exist".

charly_t
11-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Many years ago there was a group ( made up of people from a bunch of churches but I have forgotten the name it went by ) who came to Bartlesville Ok to present the idea of exploring that site to Phillips 66 and to Cities Service oil companies ( I think ). Of course they were raising money for the trip etc. That was before there was so much unrest in that area. Anyhow.........they had a short piece of wood encased in plastic resin ( ? ) that we got to hold and look at ( very interesting ). It was supposed to be from the boat. I have watched this sort of thing on the Tulsa PBS more than once. I had never seen anything about the carved crosses that I remember though. I hope I remember all of it correctly.

Pete
11-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Very good stuff Gooser. May be those really worn cross looking carvings were really stick men (.

HPL
11-16-2012, 12:29 AM
gooser,
franco,
your classification of Jesus as Rabbi only might indicate that you should rename your favorite professional football team. maybe call them the "New Orleans list of historical individuals who spent their lives serving humanity believing mistakenly that they were called to service by a Diety that does not exist".

Referring to Jesus as a rabbi is perfectly reasonable since he was a jew and a teacher which is one of the definitions of "rabbi". Not exactly a pejorative as I understand it.

Ken Bora
11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Referring to Jesus as a rabbi is perfectly reasonable since he was a jew and a teacher which is one of the definitions of "rabbi". Not exactly a pejorative as I understand it.

I agree,
and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.

roseberry
11-16-2012, 08:55 AM
in Matthew 16:13 Jesus asked the disciples(this is my recollection not a real translation), "who do others say that I am?" a variety of answers were given by Simon Peter. then Jesus asked, "Who do you say that I am?"

in this case my friend Franco only(as i noted) referenced Jesus as Rabbi. with "Saints" being a "churchy" word i thought it might be a little funny to give his team a similar but "non churchy" mascot.

huntinman
11-16-2012, 08:59 AM
in Matthew 16:13 Jesus asked the disciples(this is my recollection not a real translation), "who do others say that I am?" a variety of answers were given by Simon Peter. then Jesus asked, "Who do you say that I am?"

in this case my friend Franco only(as i noted) referenced Jesus as Rabbi. with "Saints" being a "churchy" word i thought it might be a little funny to give his team a similar but "non churchy" mascot.

They already have a "non churchy" nickname... They are the Aints

Pete
11-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree,[/COLOR]
and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.]

Ken I'm not sure I want to go here or not,,,,,awe what the hell (. (.
There are 8 usages of the word Rabbi. 5 of them are from followers/disciples addressing him as Rabbi.
The other 3 are in a record in Mathew 23:1-10,, for context,, where Jesus is telling them not to refer to themselves as Rabbi and gives examples of the negative side of Rabbi or the misleading side of Rabbi also because there is only one Rabbi or better interpreted master. That is JC

"My Rabbi "then is my master and teacher and that personal Rabbi is JC. They may be christian whether they like it or not (. (.

pete

MooseGooser
11-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Ya Goosers team is the Broncos...

Them donkeys ( or arses ) were instrumental figgers in the Biblical days..

Many in this city I live in,, think Denver has the second comming in their midst...

If he doest win the superbowl,,,,, I think history MAY repeat itself..

Plodding along regards:

Gooser

Ken Bora
11-16-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree,[/COLOR]
and bet he was addressed as such now and again as he walked the earth. When I have old testiment talks with my Hebrew friends more than one speak of Jesus as "My Rabbi" not "A Rabbi" but mine. they have told me that means a Rabbi is "a teacher of the Torah" or "My Master". Too tired to google but am mildly sure a regular teacher is a moreh.]

Ken I'm not sure I want to go here or not,,,,,awe what the hell (. (.
There are 8 usages of the word Rabbi. 5 of them are from followers/disciples addressing him as Rabbi.
The other 3 are in a record in Mathew 23:1-10,, for context,, where Jesus is telling them not to refer to themselves as Rabbi and gives examples of the negative side of Rabbi or the misleading side of Rabbi also because there is only one Rabbi or better interpreted master. That is JC

"My Rabbi "then is my master and teacher and that personal Rabbi is JC. They may be christian whether they like it or not (. (.

pete

Roses are Red
Violets are Blueish
if it wasn't for Jesus
We all would be Jewish

please forgive me and bless the starving pygmies in Houston

Franco
11-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Hey, if it were up to me, I would have named them the New Orleans Bourbons after the French Dynasty that was in power when the city was founded. The Fleur de Lis is a symbol of the Bourbon and Sun King dynasties.

A little History trivia; the city was named such in honor of the Maid Of Orleans. A photo of her statue is in my avatar. Anyone know her alias?

I stole the term "Rabbi Jesus" straight from Thomas Jefferson's Bible.
;-)

Pete
11-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Roses are Red
Violets are Blueish
if it wasn't for Jesus
We all would be Jewish

(.(.
Or

Roses are red violets have electrolytes if it weren't for Jesus we'ed all be pagans Israelite's and procylites.(sp) sorry its one of my 5 dollar words.
OK enough silliness gotta get out the door the sun is coming up.