RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

2004 FT & HT Calendar Corrections Here!

9K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  AmiableLabs 
#1 ·
Hey Gang,

Like most of you I am working out my FT and HT calendar for this year.

There has already been talk that the RFTN got some of the dates wrong on their schedules.

IF YOU ARE SURE they have made a mistake, please post it here and share the correction with the rest of us. It would be a big help.

Thanks!

Kevin

[Mods, you might consider making this thread a sticky for a couple days.]

#2 ·
Great suggestion, Kevin! For example, are the Middle Tenn. and River King trials really going to be on the same weekend (Spring and Fall) this year? That has never been the case in the past. Neither of those trials has historically been huge, so there wasn't any reason in terms of numbers that they would have changed it. Also, I noticed they list 3 trials taking place in Texas on the weekend of March 12-14. Two trials I could see, but 3? There was also not listing for the Golden Retriever Club all breed trial for the Spring (Usually in March in Weldon Springs)--are they not having one or was it omitted? It would be great if some of the forum participants could save me some phone calls.

#5 ·
Jerry,
You're right, I got the wrong weekend--The card shows that Bluebonnet, Rose Country and Texas Panhandle are all supposed to be on the weekend of April 9-11. Is that right, or should one of those have been put on a different weekend?

John, thanks for the info. You're right, too--Steve would find that trial pretty hard to pass up after last year. He'll probably go straight from Texas to Wentzville.

#6 ·
:D :D :D Emilly, it's only about a MILYUN miles from Bluebonnet to Amarillo. Then Rose Country is dang near in LA. We still got Central, South, and West Texas that have NOTHING that weekend.

Texas is kinda, sorta, semi BIG.

Jerry

#8 ·
:D :D From my house, I can drive halfway to San Diego and will spend the night in El Paso.

I've never run a trial in Amarillo because of the drive!!

"The sun has "riz".
"The sun has "set"
"And we is still in Texas, yet."

Jerry

#10 ·
Calendar Corrections

Metro Alliance Fall trial date is 10/29-10/31.
The mistake in the dates on the calendar is not RFTN's fault .
Some field trial secretarys ( present company included) failed to realize that 2004 is a leap year and didnt adjust for it when they sent thier date to RFTN's. RFTN's printed what they received. (garbage in, garbage out! )
AKC sent a note to all secretarys in mid Dec. reminding them of the leap year but by that time I'm sure RFTN's card was gone to print.

#16 ·
Don't make book on the AKC's dates just yet! The Idaho Retreiver Club is trying to change the date the AKC gave us due to the fact that leap year moves our trial date to Labor Day weekend. Since our trial is run out of a Campground we have to move. This means we have some conflicts to resolve but we are in the process of changing the date the AKC gave us. Double check your dates with the FTS.

One error I can correct from RFTN is the Willamette Retriever Club Field Trial will be on Feb. 27-29 not Mar 5-7. This was per the FTS.

#18 ·
I notice that Blackhawk, North Dakota RC, and Watopa are listed as all occuring June 4-6. Usually Blackhawk and NDRC conflict but not also Watopa? I believe Watopa is usually a week b4 the other two? I am guessing that this is a mistake. Anyone know?

#20 ·
to verify corresponding dates for 2004 field trials go to www.akc.org

type in corresponding date, hit go, and you'll get the corresponding date table.

Using the 2003 date for an event, you will get the dates through 2008

#21 ·
Bluebonnet

Looks like Bluebonnet will be a larger trial than I first expected according to RFTN schedule.

Hey Geels, thanks for messing up my Nextel Cup weekend.

#22 ·
G
#24 ·
Colorado HT dates

Dates for some of the Colorado tests are slightly different this year. Here are the 2004 dates:

May 8-9 - Fort Collins Retriever Club, Wellington, CO [single Jr, Sr & Mr]
May 29-31 - Colorado Foothills Retriever Club, Snyder, CO [double Jr & Sr; single Mr]
June 5-6 - Pikes Peak Retriever Club, Snyder, CO [single Jr, Sr & Mr]
June 12-13 - Labrador Retriever Club of Greater Denver, Calhan, CO [single Jr, Sr & Mr]
June 26-27 - Colorado Women's Retriever Club, Platteville, CO [single Jr, Sr & Mr]
August 21-22 - Colorado Foothills Retriever Club, Berthoud, CO [single Jr, Sr & Mr]
dates are still pending for the MHGRC test (will probably be Sept 11 & 12)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.