PDA

View Full Version : Food (Stamps) For Thought

huntinman
11-15-2012, 02:12 PM
If all 47 million food stamp recipients had voted, they would have accounted for 75% of Obama's 62 million votes.

That doesn't begin to consider all of the other entitlement programs out there.

PamK
11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
yeah but that is not what happened
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/11/10/opinion/marshpdf.html?ref=sunday-review

Gerry Clinchy
11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
New figures for unemployment claims, out today, are up 78,000. That's a BIG jump over the last report. While CA had been up to date on reporting, OR and HI were not, so that accounted for part of the jump. (The previous report "estimated" what OR and HI would be). NJ applications are up a lot for the newest report. One things it would be as a result of Sandy ... but NY applications are not as dramatically higher. But the highest number of new applications are for ... OH and PA. With the war on coal just beginning, I'd expect that will continue to get worse. Makes you begin to wonder about the timing on this info, doesn't it?

New figures out now indicate contraction of manufacturing in October ... including the auto industry.

Guess OH voters really did get suckered. PA has been a blue state for a long time, so not as surprising. Maybe the results of the war on coal will get their attention next time? And maybe the EPA will have begun leaning on fracking as well.

huntinman
11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
yeah but that is not what happened
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2012/11/10/opinion/marshpdf.html?ref=sunday-review

Of course not... That's why the thread is titled Food stamps for thought... To encourage thought.

The only groups I've heard of that voted totally 100% lockstep were the 50 some odd Philly divisions that did not tally a single Romney vote.

huntinman
11-15-2012, 03:08 PM
New figures for unemployment claims, out today, are up 78,000. That's a BIG jump over the last report. While CA had been up to date on reporting, OR and HI were not, so that accounted for part of the jump. (The previous report "estimated" what OR and HI would be). NJ applications are up a lot for the newest report. One things it would be as a result of Sandy ... but NY applications are not as dramatically higher. But the highest number of new applications are for ... OH and PA. With the war on coal just beginning, I'd expect that will continue to get worse. Makes you begin to wonder about the timing on this info, doesn't it?

New figures out now indicate contraction of manufacturing in October ... including the auto industry.

Guess OH voters really did get suckered. PA has been a blue state for a long time, so not as surprising. Maybe the results of the war on coal will get their attention next time? And maybe the EPA will have begun leaning on fracking as well.

They were willing suckers...useful idiots more or less. Obama's "Rules for Radicals" methodology works on those who don't mind being led by the nose...

menmon
11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Foodstamps are your code word for black lazy person.

huntinman
11-15-2012, 03:12 PM

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown

Down East Labs 217
11-15-2012, 03:17 PM

Mike, your response makes YOU appear as a racist. When are you going to learn to leave it alone while you are behind. You will never be ahead or a winner. Winer maybe, but never a winner.

My opinion

Richard

BonMallari
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Thats about as BIGOTED a statement that has ever been uttered here on POTUS

menmon
11-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Your right...it is hard to win against stupidity.

Romney said today that he lost because Obama bought the election. Last time I got a count the man raised more moneyu than Obama so it clearly was not for sale. Albeit the republicans thought it was.

So this post is trying to say that people turned out and voted for him for foodstamps.....but someone will rebut this with more stupidity....just wait

huntinman
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM

Romney said today that he lost because Obama bought the election. Last time I got a count the man raised more moneyu than Obama so it clearly was not for sale. Albeit the republicans thought it was.

So this post is trying to say that people turned out and voted for him for foodstamps.....but someone will rebut this with more stupidity....just wait

You already have...

luvmylabs23139
11-15-2012, 03:59 PM

You are correct. Obama bought the election with taxpayer money and bypassing congress, not the money raised for his campaign.

menmon
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
You are correct. Obama bought the election with taxpayer money and bypassing congress, not the money raised for his campaign.

What ever you say....more brilliance

road kill
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM

You have.
You embarrass me, and YOU KNOW WHY!!!

M&K's Retrievers
11-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Can you explain just exactly how the money Romney raised in donations was use to buy votes? Obama bought votes via government handouts IE wellfare, free phones, interest free college loans, etc. In other words, the crap the 47% gets from the taxpayer. Hell, the taxpayers paid a big chunk of Obama's campaign travel expenses under the guise of "doing the government's business".

Romney buying votes? Impossible. He paid for campaign expenses. You will not be able to show how Romney bought one vote but I give you the opportunity.

Have at it regards,

Larry Thompson1
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Easy Menmom. Think happy thoughts.

M&K's Retrievers
11-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Can you explain just exactly how the money Romney raised in donations was use to buy votes? Obama bought votes via government handouts IE wellfare, free phones, interest free college loans, etc. In other words, the crap the 47% gets from the taxpayer. Hell, the taxpayers paid a big chunk of Obama's campaign travel expenses under the guise of "doing the government's business".

Romney buying votes? Impossible. He paid for campaign expenses. You will not be able to show how Romney bought one vote but I give you the opportunity.

Have at it regards,

Bump for Sambo.

menmon
11-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Have at it regards,

You guys don't get it....the 47% remark, abortion remarks, controseptive remarks, free phone remarks, interest free loan remarks...etc. this is what beat him and instead of avoiding this misspeaking you embranced it....stupid and you guys just don't get it

starjack
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
you guys don't get it....the 47% remark, abortion remarks, controseptive remarks, free phone remarks, interest free loan remarks...etc. This is what beat him and instead of avoiding this misspeaking you embranced it....stupid and you guys just don't get itpot meet kettle

paul young
11-16-2012, 02:58 PM
The RNC platform beat Mr. Romney. If he had been allowed to campaign using the ideas and policies that made him a great Governor, he would have won easily. He was very much a centrist as Governor of Massachusetts, and well liked. Much like in 2008, his running mate was no help to his electability either. -Paul

BonMallari
11-16-2012, 03:50 PM
The RNC platform beat Mr. Romney. If he had been allowed to campaign using the ideas and policies that made him a great Governor, he would have won easily. He was very much a centrist as Governor of Massachusetts, and well liked. Much like in 2008, his running mate was no help to his electability either. -Paul

disagree with you Paul...Romney had already gone to the center after securing the nomination, the R party wants a bonafide conservative to carry their flag, Mitt wasnt it...lots of conservative voters sat on their hands on the sidelines...He was a good candidate, just not good enough....

Franco
11-16-2012, 04:48 PM

I agree and the march of time is their worse enemy. The GOP is going the way of the dinosaurs. They either join the 21st Century or they will soon be fossils.

roseberry
11-16-2012, 05:29 PM

this comment is so short sighted! foodstamps is also code for "poor white trash wefare rats"!

i thought you might be one of those navaho wind talkin' code breakers until you missed that one menmon.;-)

Marvin S
11-16-2012, 06:50 PM
this comment is so short sighted! foodstamps is also code for "poor white trash wefare rats"!

i thought you might be one of those navaho wind talkin' code breakers until you missed that one menmon.;-)

He definitely lets a lot of wind :).

M&K's Retrievers
11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
You guys don't get it....the 47% remark, abortion remarks, controseptive remarks, free phone remarks, interest free loan remarks...etc. this is what beat him and instead of avoiding this misspeaking you embranced it....stupid and you guys just don't get it

As usual you are dodging the question. You still have not explained nor proven your accusation that Romney bought votes. That's because you can't.

menmon
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
As usual you are dodging the question. You still have not explained nor proven your accusation that Romney bought votes. That's because you can't.

He raised and spent more money on his campaign than anyone in history....and could not win.

M&K's Retrievers
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
He raised and spent more money on his campaign than anyone in history....and could not win.

You said he tried to buy the election just like Obama with Obama's handouts. What exactly did Romney do to but votes? You can't answer. Just more of your rambling BS.

menmon
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
You said he tried to buy the election just like Obama with Obama's handouts. What exactly did Romney do to but votes? You can't answer. Just more of your rambling BS.

I know Romney said he did....like most things he has said...not true.

Sore Loser!!!!!

Just don't get it that more folks don't agree with the RNC

M&K's Retrievers
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
I know Romney said he did....like most things he has said...not true.

Sore Loser!!!!!

Just don't get it that more folks don't agree with the RNC

Methinks you have finally lost it. You said that Romney tried to buy the election. I asked you how and you can't answer. Your rambling is getting old.

menmon
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Methinks you have finally lost it. You said that Romney tried to buy the election. I asked you how and you can't answer. Your rambling is getting old.

When someone throws that much money at an election....the jargen is they are trying to buy the election. I have not lost anything

M&K's Retrievers
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
When someone throws that much money at an election....the jargen is they are trying to buy the election. I have not lost anything

That may be your jargon but what I was referring to was buying votes as in something in return for a voters vote like welfare, phones,etc. You knew that but are now trying to crayfish out of the discussion by claiming that Romney outspent Obama.

HPL
11-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Well, to begin with, the word you were looking for is "jargon. I am definitely going to have to agree with Mr. Whitworth on this one. In my linguistic conceit, I believe that I have read enough and have enough general life experience to say that when one speaks of "buying" an election, one is normally referring to using promises of favors to targeted members of the electorate to get their votes. I don't see how spending millions, billions, or even trillions on ad campaigns is buying anyone's vote (except perhaps the ad executives' and since they get paid up front, not even them).

murral stark
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Well, to begin with, the word you were looking for is "jargon. I am definitely going to have to agree with Mr. Whitworth on this one. In my linguistic conceit, I believe that I have read enough and have enough general life experience to say that when one speaks of "buying" an election, one is normally referring to using promises of favors to targeted members of the electorate to get their votes. I don't see how spending millions, billions, or even trillions on ad campaigns is buying anyone's vote (except perhaps the ad executives' and since they get paid up front, not even them).

Didn't Romney make promises to his donors what he was going to do? Repeal Obamacare, not tax the wealthy any higher rates than they currently pay. Are those promises to his supporters or do I misunderstand how it works?