PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to "The MAN!!!"

road kill
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Stan "The MAN" Musial turned 92 today!

I grew up watching him, he is my sports hero.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv217/BillBurgess/Image18-11.jpg

Happy Birthday Stan!!

joel druley
11-21-2012, 12:27 PM
One of the truly great baseball players when I was a kid. He and Willie Mays were a couple of my favorites. First MLBB game I ever saw was in Candlestick Park...Giants Vs Cardinals...Giants won in a slug fest and both Stan and Willie hit a home run.

BonMallari
11-21-2012, 12:33 PM
when I was a elementary school youngster I read every sports related book the mobile bookmobile had in it, one of those was about Stan Musial,the other about Red Schoendienst,got to actually watch Bob Gibson pitch...everything I have read and heard about Musial was that he is a great guy on and off the field, a true American icon

zeus3925
11-21-2012, 12:33 PM
He was one of those greats who could play any position well--even pitcher.

Marvin S
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
While stationed at Offutt AFB, Home of SAC, commanded by General Curtis LeMay on hot summer days we would be sure to get our duties out of the way by broadcast time :cool:. We would then listen to the Cards play by play on the radio - some names - Stan Musial, Enos Slaughter, Marty Marion, Red Schoendiest, Harry Brecheen stick in your mind. I know the Cards in those days were about as close to a dynasty as a team could get, National League style :).

WindyCreek
11-21-2012, 07:51 PM
One of the greatest players to ever live and a true sportsman in every sense of the word as well.