PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving to all

murral stark
11-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Just wanted to wish everybody a happy thanksgiving.

JDogger
11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Just wanted to wish everybody a happy thanksgiving.

Thanks Murral, and a happy turkey day to you and your's, and all my RTF PP "friends" as well. JD

PS I'm off to hunt the RG with a bunch of other guys in the AM. let's see who gets there first...JD

Franco
11-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks Murral, I hope you have a great one too! Best thing about it is making turkey gumbo with the leftovers. Now if only we could get some cooler weather we would have more birds to shoot at.

murral stark
11-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks Murral, I hope you have a great one too! Best thing about it is making turkey gumbo with the leftovers. Now if only we could get some cooler weather we would have more birds to shoot at.

We're still chasing that one honker in the flock here that has an orange neck collar on. We're going to try to get him in the morning, again. He is a crafty old rascal.

Ken Bora
11-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Happy T day gang!
I'll be after the white tail deer afore first lite.
Maybe I can just hit one with the truck!

murral stark
11-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Happy T day gang!

Whatever works man. Gotta fill the freezer one way or another. Be safe, those deer hunters are crazy sometimes.

charly_t
11-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Happy T day gang!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the members here.

4 young deer in the yard about 8 this a.m. All were this year's fawns. Been seeing one doe and two fawns all Summer. Another single fawn was here with it's mama a couple of times. The three fawns have been here off and on. Sometimes three were together. The fourth "baby" showed up this morning. They were running more or less in a wide oval figure. Through the yard into the trees and brush and then back into the yard again. All of them looked to be in good shape. The two mamas have not been seen for about a month now. Not a buck in sight all Summer.

road kill
11-22-2012, 04:44 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Franco, we have had SW winds and 40+ degree temps up here the whole month of NOV.
Not much of a push for Northern birds, and the season is near over!
On my way to the blind now!

paul young
11-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Hapy Thanksgiving everyone!

We're out the door in a minute or two bound for my Wife's Son's house in Rochester, NY. MMMMMMM Turduckhen and all the fixin's!!!!!!

Friday thru Sunday we'll be fishing for trophy Brown Trout and Steelhead in Oak Orchard Creek, which is nearby. Have a GREAT Holiday!-Paul

duckheads
11-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Happy thanksgiving everyone!

I left work early yesterday and my son and I climbed into the tree stand about 3. At 3:45 a doe came at us thru the woods. She stopped and looked around for awhile. Then another big doe came from the same direction but out in the field in front of us. Then a nice buck came walking in the field with the second doe. He turns and comes towards the woods and stops just in the woods but behind a tree. From what I could see he was a nice buck. We played the waiting game and finally he turned around and gave me a clean shot and we got our first buck together. Unfortunately his right rack was broke off or he would have been a nice ten pointer. I am using my phone or I would post some pictures.

Franco
11-22-2012, 08:09 AM
One more thought on T Day, from one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/248844_4572112313961_833980780_n.jpg

luvmylabs23139
11-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all! Today is the day we don't count calories or watch portion sizes in our house.
A day of food, football and dogs. What could be better?

2tall
11-22-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm at work today while the other half does the cooking! Not a bad place to be, opening day at the prettiest ski resort in the west:D Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.