PDA

View Full Version : How to piss off everybody....

JDogger
11-26-2012, 11:52 PM
I recently deleted a thread I started here based on the advise of another poster . I gave time for input from others. Only one suggested I let it stand. Then they attacked me for my deletion.
I've been out of the loop for most of today.
After dinner I logged on to review the more recent posts. If I used the word "virulent" in my previous post let me now state that it was way to gentle after viewing the recent posts on this first page.
"Be civil, or be banned" is not what we see.
I've been here for a while. I remember civil discourse and genuine disagreement between parties, but that is not what we enjoy today.

Deleting a thread that has gone astray is something more OP's should consider. My :2c: JD

HPL
11-27-2012, 12:05 AM
I too feel that at least some seem to find civility illusive. As I have always said, first one to call "stupidhead" loses.

road kill
11-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I too feel that at least some seem to find civility illusive. As I have always said, first one to call "stupidhead" loses.
So, if one started a thread under the premise that everyone who disagrees with your unstated position is "virulent," would that be tantamount to "stupidhead?"

Just askin'................

Ken Bora
11-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Deleting a thread that has gone astray is something more OP's should consider. My :2c: JD

well.... at times ;)
sometimes folk start a thread with the intent to slam folk. but once the "huddled masses" start typing it will morf into something way cool that the OP never planned and WE ALL learn from.
Murral's "$5 words" thread comes to mind.
Other times folk start a thread and when all the responces are opposit of what the OP wanted they turn tail and run.
Personaly I love it when folk learn and grow and positions or opinioins they HAD evolve because of our potus conversations.
BUT....
when folk just turn tail and run I often think "what a weenie"
If your gonna type it have the backbone to back it or the moral fortitude to admit you are changing your mind.
Admiting you were not quite correct is cool, taking your ball and running away. Kinda wuss like. In my opinion.

BTW I did not see the thread of what you speak at all. So, no clue on the topic or anything.

huntinman
11-27-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised you haven't deleted this one yet...

Sue Kiefer
11-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I sometimes like to voice my own opinion on such threads BUT when folks start attacking me personaly then "I'm out".
It's NOT worth it. I don't need some ahole attacking my character.
Typing here without seeing a person's face is so ooooooooooooo much easier isn't it for cowards.
"If" someone can change my mine Go for it. I'm game.
Sue

2tall
11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Hugh, you are right, it has gotten nasty 'round here. Some of it I let pass by because I do not attack sick old men. Some of it I let pass by because I do not think ignorance is intentional. Some of it I let pass by because I understand bitter old people that have failed in a personal quest. Some of it I let pass by because you can not reason with arrogance. And lastly, some of it I let pass by because.......YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!!:D;):rolleyes: Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?:confused:

JS
11-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Hugh, you are right, it has gotten nasty 'round here. Some of it I let pass by because I do not attack sick old men. Some of it I let pass by because I do not think ignorance is intentional. Some of it I let pass by because I understand bitter old people that have failed in a personal quest. Some of it I let pass by because you can not reason with arrogance. And lastly, some of it I let pass by because.......YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!!:D;):rolleyes: Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?:confused:

Gawd, I wish I had thunk of all that!!! :D

JS

M&K's Retrievers
11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
.... Now I wonder how many nasty pm's i will get because people decide it was them I was talking about?:confused:

My guess would be none. And speaking of nasty, your post leaves a lot to be desired.

smillerdvm
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM

You talkin bout me Willis?:)

Marvin S
11-27-2012, 01:21 PM

So, what did you just do? Again, what do you do for a living? You are correct ..........It's tough to fix stupid when it's a self improvement project :rolleyes:.

coachmo
11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
So JDogger let's get this straight, you typed a post on here in which you referred to individuals with right wing philosophy as "virulent" in an attempt to start civil discourse. Are you kidding or what? You knew (or at least should have been smart enough to know) that using an adjective such as virulent would get such a reaction. So either you're not as smart as you think or you're not telling the truth. Either way it doesn't matter to me but come on you are smarter than that aren't you?

road kill
11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
so jdogger let's get this straight, you typed a post on here in which you referred to individuals with right wing philosophy as "virulent" in an attempt to start civil discourse. Are you kidding or what? You knew (or at least should have been smart enough to know) that using an adjective such as virulent would get such a reaction. So either you're not as smart as you think or you're not telling the truth. Either way it doesn't matter to me but come on you are smarter than that aren't you?

BAM!!!!!

Head shot!!!!!:cool:

JDogger
11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks for proving my point there, Whiz!

road kill
11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for proving my point there, Whiz! its "WIZ," you leftys are having spelling issues lately
More hate and anger from you JD??
A personal insult, I'm shocked.:razz:

What valuable content you added.
Point???

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

coachmo
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
JDogger, what exactly was your point? No, not with your response to roadkill's post but your rationale for using such inflamatory language as virulent then pretending to have no idea why you get called on it. Is it your limited mental capacity or stretching of the truth? Please explain. I can't speak for roadkill but as I see it his colorful use of the English langauge and visual imagery is "spot on".

mngundog
11-27-2012, 03:24 PM
JDogger, what exactly was your point? No, not with your response to roadkill's post but your rationale for using such inflamatory language as virulent then pretending to have no idea why you get called on it. Is it your limited mental capacity or stretching of the truth? Please explain. I can't speak for roadkill but as I see it his colorful use of the English langauge and visual imagery is "spot on".
Probably the same reasons UB uses the same type of language against the people are the left.

coachmo
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
If memory serves me correct, UB is often vilified for his use of this type of language by the same people who do likewise then sit in judgement of him. Just saying.

HPL
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
So, if one started a thread under the premise that everyone who disagrees with your unstated position is "virulent," would that be tantamount to "stupidhead?"

Just askin'................

I don't remember (or perhaps didn't see) the initial post, so can't really answer your question, however, either I don't know what virulent means (and that's really unlikely) or I'm just missing something here. I would consider virulent a perfectly good adjective. " ________ _________ seems to harbor a virulent hatred for XXXXXXXXXXX" for instance. Or "The virulence of his dislike of boiled peanuts was obvious to all". One might even go as far as to say "The virulence of his opinions often taints his ability to press home his point." I see nothing particulary offensive or even uncivil in any of those.

murral stark
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm surprised you haven't deleted this one yet...

Can you put together more than one sentence at a time? Or,will you go into a meltdown if you have to say more than one liners in succession? LOL

road kill
11-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't remember (or perhaps didn't see) the initial post, so can't really answer your question, however, either I don't know what virulent means (and that's really unlikely) or I'm just missing something here. I would consider virulent a perfectly good adjective. " ________ _________ seems to harbor a virulent hatred for XXXXXXXXXXX" for instance. Or "The virulence of his dislike of boiled peanuts was obvious to all". One might even go as far as to say "The virulence of his opinions often taints his ability to press home his point." I see nothing particular offensive or even uncivil in any of those.

vir·u·lent (vīry-lnt, vīr-)
adj.
a. Extremely infectious, malignant, or poisonous. Used of a disease or toxin.
b. Capable of causing disease by breaking down protective mechanisms of the host. Used of a pathogen.
2. Bitterly hostile or antagonistic; hateful: virulent criticism. See Synonyms at poisonous.
3. Intensely irritating, obnoxious, or harsh.

Just tryin' to help.

road kill
11-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Can you put together more than one sentence at a time? Or,will you go into a meltdown if you have to say more than one liners in succession? LOL
Often, less is more!!

murral stark
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Good one.:p

JDogger
11-27-2012, 11:20 PM
. Bitterly hostile or antagonistic; hateful: virulent criticism. See Synonyms at poisonous.
3. Intensely irritating, obnoxious, or harsh

Thanks again rk. you work for me, JD

Ken Bora
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
. Bitterly hostile or antagonistic; hateful: virulent criticism. See Synonyms at poisonous.

works for you?????
so it was Stan that started a thread and then deleted it????
gosh it's hard to keep up.

Pals
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM

The irony here is just staggering.

huntinman
11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm back to my original point to JD on the deleted thread. How about delete all you threads and posts?

starjack
11-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm back to my original point to JD on the deleted thread. How about delete all you threads and posts?
That would be a treat

murral stark
11-28-2012, 08:26 PM

As "Stone Cold Steve Austin" said, " Why don't tou take a cup of shut the HE^& up?" LOL

JDogger
11-28-2012, 11:55 PM

You and Starjack always have the option of the ignore function provided on RTF. You could also exercise self-control and not click on any post made by myself...JD

huntinman
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
You and Starjack always have the option of the ignore function provided on RTF. You could also exercise self-control and not click on any post made by myself...JD

You seem to have forgotten (which is not surprising) that you asked in the post that you deleted if you should delete your post. I'm merely trying to remind you of my correct response to your question.

JDogger
11-29-2012, 12:04 AM
You seem to have forgotten (which is not surprising) that you asked in the post that you deleted if you should delete your post. I'm merely trying to remind you of my correct response to your question.

That was then, this is now. JD

Uncle Bill
11-29-2012, 04:58 PM
That was then, this is now. JD

Sadly...this IS now. It wasn't that long ago when someone would have typed out your title, with the word used for urination, was as vulgar as the "S" word for defacation. But then....this is now. You have come so far, Grasshopper.

Let me suggest to use more 'LOLs' in your posts, as your comrade that continues to shout at us that he's no woman does. That way we will all know your mental state when you issue 'virulent' statements.

That way we can put in the realm of being blessed...like the wall plaque states, "Blessed is he who can laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be amused."

UB

murral stark
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Sadly...this IS now. It wasn't that long ago when someone would have typed out your title, with the word used for urination, was as vulgar as the "S" word for defacation. But then....this is now. You have come so far, Grasshopper.

Let me suggest to use more 'LOLs' in your posts, as your comrade that continues to shout at us that he's no woman does. That way we will all know your mental state when you issue 'virulent' statements.

That way we can put in the realm of being blessed...like the wall plaque states, "Blessed is he who can laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be amused."

UB

Dear Mr. Valued Resource,
Read post #29, it pertains to you too. BTW, I am not yelling at anyone. I'll be in SD 1st week of march, why don't we meet somewhere and have some coffee.

JDogger
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM

UB

I invite anyone with the time and inclination to view a couple of pages of Bill's recent posts.

Good for the goose, good for the gander regards, JD

huntinman
11-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I invite anyone with the time and inclination to view a couple of pages of Bill's recent posts.

Good for the goose, good for the gander regards, JD

And while they are at it, maybe they could peruse just one page of yours... They probably wouldn't be able to comprehend much of it... Should you delete it?

JDogger
11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
And while they are at it, maybe they could peruse just one page of yours... They probably wouldn't be able to comprehend much of it... Should you delete it?

Don't take it personally,Bill. I was speaking to the Bill that calls himself 'Uncle'. I'll not go further and make any snarky comments for the time being. I'm cooking and that is my preemptive short-term goal. JD