PDA

View Full Version : Smear

menmon
11-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I want to call some attention to today's politics. Here are a few examples of where accusations were made and later proved to be false, but by the time the truth was known, folk stopped listening. And each and every time, the subject just changed to a new smear attempt with no one saying, I'm sorry...I had this wrong. There is so much of this coming from the right that most people don't buy it anyway.

Fast and Furious

Death Panels

Bengazi (sp?)

And many others

These folks need to be held accountable but also need to be given credit when they get it right, but they don't need to be smeared with lies for political gain.

Brad Turner
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
I am not sure I understand... We still don't know all the FACTS about the three examples you gave.

mngundog
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
In relation to the Fast and Furious it seems that no one is denying that we let guns go to Mexico and Americans died because of it, how has that been proved false?

road kill
11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
I want to call some attention to today's politics. Here are a few examples of where accusations were made and later proved to be false, but by the time the truth was known, folk stopped listening. And each and every time, the subject just changed to a new smear attempt with no one saying, I'm sorry...I had this wrong. There is so much of this coming from the right that most people don't buy it anyway.

Fast and Furious

Death Panels

Bengazi (sp?)

And many others

These folks need to be held accountable but also need to be given credit when they get it right, but they don't need to be smeared with lies for political gain.
I would like to point out that I have commented on this in the past.
"Death Panels" already exist.

When they sit you down and tell you the patient is on "pallative care," your insurance then ceases to pay for treatment.
At least in my case it went that way.

The difference now is that it may be controlled by bureaucrats.

As far as the rest of your topics, I don't think any of those things have been answered satisfactorily or finally.
The last chapters have not yet been written.

coachmo
11-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Wait, memmon are you actually talking about smear tactics and facts? The problem is you seem to be under the impression that facts can change as needed.

Buzz
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
I am not sure I understand... We still don't know all the FACTS about the three examples you gave.

We are learning the facts on this one, but it seems that Fox News cut the interview really short once they started coming out. But this is the root of it all:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/egbertowillies/8222250864/

Also pay particular attention to the comment under the video.

menmon
11-27-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm talking about the politicizing of events without the facts. Here is a hot topic...a federal officer dies...lets smear the AG to make hay. An ambassador gets killed so lets smear Susan Rice to make hay without know all the fact....let say there are death panels in the healthcare bill...to scare old folks. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about....may not want to admit it...but if you don't know what I'm talking about please refer to Murrals post on stupidity.

dixidawg
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
How long has Fast and furious been going on?

Who has been held responsible?

How long should we wait for these "facts"?

Long enough until everyone forgets and it fades into the sunset?

coachmo
11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Menmon, you're not really wanting to open a discussion on stupidity are you? Isn't it funny how you only bring up topics that in your mind indicate smear tactics committed by the Republican party? It's almost laughable.

menmon
11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
No a sting operation...one of many that orginated when this AG was not in office resulted in an officer losing his life and the right has tried to tag this AG and this administration with it to make political hay. These folks that fight these battles know the risk. So he was killed with a gun that was sold to them in a sting operation....if it had not been that gun it would have been another gun....but you guys saw this as an opportunity. Don't feed me this BS that the died officer is your concern.

menmon
11-27-2012, 02:52 PM
The democrats don't need to play these games....you guys win their battles for them. Akin, Murrdock, Romney...just let them speak.

coachmo
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
You have gone completely crazy if you believe the democrat party does not use smear tactics. I mean completely off the deep end. For the record I'm not a big government Republican supporter as I've stated many times on RTF.

Buzz
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
I used to respect McCain and Gram. Now I can see that the are nothing but political hacks.

menmon
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I didn't say that....I said they didn't need too. And they won't as long as the republican stay in denial

Cody Covey
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
trollololol

I find it funny that you come here just to spout your "truth", aka troll.

Fast and Furious we know that this was implemented under his tenure and he has consistently avoided talking about it at all. What did the "right" lie about to make hay. Really can't wait to hear....

Benghazi, Susan Rice / the administration went on for over two weeks about a video when it was known at the time that it happened that it was a calculated terror attack.

Death Panels, probably words that shouldn't have been used but the point was made and was accurate, see RK's post if you need help (you do).

Happy trolling...

Pals
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh for Gods sake--they all lie to cover their rear ends and their pensions. Both parties. Get a grip Menmon. I would love to know the truth of everything you mentioned--as a taxpayer and American I DESERVE to know the truth. You want to worship at the feet of the liberals have at it, don't even start on smear campaigns--you guys have the Gold Medal for Smear tactics and thug politics.