PDA

View Full Version : Addiction

murral stark
11-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Is it just me? Or does anybody else feel that this forum is like an addiction? I tell myself everyday that I am not going to come here and get in the discussions. But, just like the junkie or alcoholic, there it is calling me and I just can't leave it alone. Anybody else?

Franco
11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Is it just me? Or does anybody else feel that this forum is like an addiction? I tell myself everyday that I am not going to come here and get in the discussions. But, just like the junkie or alcoholic, there it is calling me and I just can't leave it alone. Anybody else?

True for all the regulars whether they care to admit it or not.

JDogger
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM

When my wife finds me at the puter when I should be doing something else, she sometimes asks, "hanging out with your filthy nurse?"
JD

M&K's Retrievers
11-29-2012, 09:27 PM
It's called something to do. It gets worse after hunting season.

charly_t
11-29-2012, 10:57 PM
It's either an addiction or an escape for me. Mostly coming here is relaxing for me. That may sound strange since we often argue here but I find it good to enjoy a donnybrook.

road kill
11-30-2012, 05:27 AM
True for all the regulars whether they care to admit it or not.
Perhaps you should speak for yourself??

I enjoy the banter.
It is indeed a habit, but I would rather be in the blind.

There are several here I would enjoy (and have) sharing a duck blind with.

We run and judge HT's, met so many nice people there.
Ironically, some of the icons and legends are not so nice, but that;s OK, most are.

I actually spend a lot of time on the 3 computers on my desk.
So I usually keep one of the screens on one of the sites I visit.

For the most part I enjoy this site and the folks I talk with here.

It is a little dissapointing the HATE showing up recently, but that is not my issue, that is the haters.
AS I discussed with a prominent poster here recently, there is obviously a hole in some haters souls, and they are trying to fill that.

I am pretty comfortable with who I am and how I got here.
If some person I don't know, that has never offered a kind word to anyone hates on me, so what?

Now, if Ken or Bon started hating on me, perhaps I would pay attention, they are quality people.

M&K, Huntinman, Marvin, Pual Young, Blackstone, PALS, Charly T and so many more from both sides are welcome in my blind any day!!!
Their bank accounts are not overdrawn!!
I am proud to call them friends!
Several others as well.

So is menmon, his personna here is a bit misguided, but I can say without hesitation, he is a top quality guy in his heart!
I am going to get murral "addicted" to hunt tests this summer!!:cool:
(he lives near a top notch HRC club, I want to get him involved, you know, make him poor!!)
Some posters here, I am not so sure have a heart.

It is for entertainment, enjoyment and to kill time.

PEACE!!!

Daniel J Simoens
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM
what else would I do at work?? This is one of 4-5 sites I visit all work day!! ha

Franco
11-30-2012, 10:52 AM

With 8,300 post in such a short period, I would say you are the biggest RTF junkie here!

Nor_Cal_Angler
11-30-2012, 10:57 AM

I enjoy the banter.
It is indeed a habit, but I would rather be in the blind.

There are several here I would enjoy (and have) sharing a duck blind with.

We run and judge HT's, met so many nice people there.
Ironically, some of the icons and legends are not so nice, but that;s OK, most are.

I actually spend a lot of time on the 3 computers on my desk.
So I usually keep one of the screens on one of the sites I visit.

For the most part I enjoy this site and the folks I talk with here.

It is a little dissapointing the HATE showing up recently, but that is not my issue, that is the haters.
AS I discussed with a prominent poster here recently, there is obviously a hole in some haters souls, and they are trying to fill that.

I am pretty comfortable with who I am and how I got here.
If some person I don't know, that has never offered a kind word to anyone hates on me, so what?

Now, if Ken or Bon started hating on me, perhaps I would pay attention, they are quality people.

M&K, Huntinman, Marvin, Pual Young, Blackstone, PALS, Charly T and so many more from both sides are welcome in my blind any day!!!
Their bank accounts are not overdrawn!!
I am proud to call them friends!
Several others as well.

So is menmon, his personna here is a bit misguided, but I can say without hesitation, he is a top quality guy in his heart!
I am going to get murral "addicted" to hunt tests this summer!!:cool:
(he lives near a top notch HRC club, I want to get him involved, you know, make him poor!!)
Some posters here, I am not so sure have a heart.

It is for entertainment, enjoyment and to kill time.

PEACE!!!

Wait...what about me??? I still love you Stan. Is there still a sweat spot for me in that heart of yours???

Love ya, and yes I agree there is an addiction to this place, I dont post much but still follow all of you wierdo's.

Jake

menmon
11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
When we get on a topic I'm passionate about it is hard to stay away. Albeit we don't agree on much, we all have one thing in common and that is we are dog people. We all want our dog to win but when they don't we cheer for the dog that deserves it.

It may not always sound like it...but I respect everyone of you even when we don't agree.

road kill
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Wait...what about me??? I still love you Stan. Is there still a sweat spot for me in that heart of yours???

Love ya, and yes I agree there is an addiction to this place, I dont post much but still follow all of you wierdo's.

Jake
There is a "SWEET" spot for you.

But no "sweat......"

EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

BonMallari
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
will readily admit to the "addiction" of the RTF, but like the changes I am making in my personal and professional life, I am trying to eliminate the negative influences or at least limit those interactions that I have with those people..I have learned after attending church this summer that there is evil all around, and like other "addictions" to either lifestyle choices or substance issues, that we are able to pick and choose who we want to be around..

One of the commitments that Dana and I have made in our quest to be better people is to start surrounding ourselves around better people,and eliminating those that have either negative influence or negative habits...

Guess the same goes for me here and other website/chat forums that I peruse...readily admit to some post election burnout, but also have not had anything positive to add to many of the topics lately..I dont have anyone from Potus on ignore but I do choose who I interact with , and who I choose to read but go no further, same for the main board (but I do use the ignore function)

Made a couple of real good friends here on the RTF, both guys and gals...the kind that I want to hang with in the real dog world

road kill
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM
With 8,300 post in such a short period, I would say you are the biggest RTF junkie here!
I don't know "BOOTY," if we added all of your RTF posts you'd be pretty darn close.:D

Franco
11-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't know "BOOTY," if we added all of your RTF posts you'd be pretty darn close.:D

yea, but I am not the one in denial;-)

road kill
11-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Really................if it makes your day to call me addicted, that's good for you.

I prefer dedicated.:cool:

huntinman
11-30-2012, 12:06 PM

There you go again, denying you are in denial...:rolleyes:

duk4me
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
will readily admit to the "addiction" of the RTF, but like the changes I am making in my personal and professional life, I am trying to eliminate the negative influences or at least limit those interactions that I have with those people..I have learned after attending church this summer that there is evil all around, and like other "addictions" to either lifestyle choices or substance issues, that we are able to pick and choose who we want to be around..

One of the commitments that Dana and I have made in our quest to be better people is to start surrounding ourselves around better people,and eliminating those that have either negative influence or negative habits...

Guess the same goes for me here and other website/chat forums that I peruse...readily admit to some post election burnout, but also have not had anything positive to add to many of the topics lately..I dont have anyone from Potus on ignore but I do choose who I interact with , and who I choose to read but go no further, same for the main board (but I do use the ignore function)

Made a couple of real good friends here on the RTF, both guys and gals...the kind that I want to hang with in the real dog world

Aw man does that mean you aren't going to the race book with me in April?:)

roseberry
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
"high my name is john.....im an rtf-aholic."

chris should establish a twelve step subforum!

charly_t
11-30-2012, 03:42 PM
"high my name is john.....im an rtf-aholic."

chris should establish a twelve step subforum!

Good one. LOL, wonder how many would actually "join" the group.

huntinman
11-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Good one. LOL, wonder how many would actually "join" the group.

The first step is admitting you have a problem;)

charly_t
11-30-2012, 04:18 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem;)

Therein lies the problem..........

Log on the net. First stop my e-mails then here. Yeah, I got the problem :-)

BonMallari
11-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Aw man does that mean you aren't going to the race book with me in April?:)

thats not a vice that is a way of life......I will be right there

zeus3925
12-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I admit to being a POTUS junkie as well. Politics seems to be in my family's DNA. I really enjoy the "chess game". I find most of you to be quite respectful even with an opposing point of view. I think that is great.

I don't have much patience though with the haters, as some of you may have noticed. Calling people names because of their viewpoint is juvenile and un-American.

charly_t
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
.................................................. .................................

I don't have much patience though with the haters, as some of you may have noticed. Calling people names because of their viewpoint is juvenile and un-American.

Uummm, got to consider the source you know. Some of us are in our second childhood on this forum ;-)

duk4me
12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
thats not a vice that is a way of life......I will be right there

Not meaning to hijack but I am so looking forward to shaking your hand Bon and spending an afternoon with you. You sir are a class act.

Ken Bora
12-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I admit to being a POTUS junkie as well. Politics seems to be in my family's DNA. I really enjoy the "chess game". I find most of you to be quite respectful even with an opposing point of view. I think that is great.

great post!!

MooseGooser
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I think you is ALL crazy........

And If there is one thing Gooser is familiar with,,, its Crazy!!!

I is a bit hurt also that Stan dint mention My name on his duck blind list... But then again,, ..... Welll never mind..

:):)

Gooser

road kill
12-03-2012, 05:03 AM
I think you is ALL crazy........

And If there is one thing Gooser is familiar with,,, its Crazy!!!

I is a bit hurt also that Stan dint mention My name on his duck blind list... But then again,, ..... Welll never mind..

:):)

Gooser

Mr Goose, no disrespect intended, "I hardly know ye........."