PDA

View Full Version : Another real laugh

HPL
12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Here is a link to some more real PC nonsense.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/05/penn-state-in-spotlight-again-with-sorority-photo-mocking-latinos/?hpt=hp_c2

Gun_Dog2002
12-06-2012, 04:12 PM
"This is not a joke. This is our culture," said Ariel Coronel, president of the Penn State Latino Caucus.

She was shocked when she first saw the photo and said the signs the women were holding were especially offensive.

"There's a huge drug war going on in Mexico and you have a sign that says, 'We will mow lawns for weed and beer,' " Coronel said. "It's wrong on so many levels. How can you think this is OK?"

So in other words the signs were correct. I wonder if Ariel is just as outraged about the huge illegal immigration problem's facing this country, you know something illegal vs merely offensive..

/Paul

HPL
12-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I grew up literally ON the border. I sent my first lab across the Rio Grande to Mexico to pick up a dove once when I was hunting along the river! In Brownsville the big annual festival (fiesta) is Charro Days (and if you can't roll your r's you're not saying it right) where hispanics and boleos (gringos) all dress up in what is seen as "traditional" Mexican garb (sombreros, guarache sandals, Charro suits (think Mariachi clothes), etc) and have parades, a grito (greeto) contest and lots of parties. It's been going on at least since my 80 year old mother was a girl. I have photos of me and my brother as kids in peon costumes with drawn on mustaches. Not viewed as some horrible racist event, but rather a celebration of the unique culture of the border region. All I have to say to those yahoos in this article is get a life. It was a PARTY!! They wore costumes!! Big deal. Quit running around looking for ways to be offended.