PDA

View Full Version : SOoooo...Shouldn't we be more concerned about tomorrow???

Uncle Bill
12-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I know, tomorrow is just a future yesterday, as Craig Ferguson is famous for saying. But this tomorrow is the winter solstace...the end of the mayan calender...the Hopi Indians expect the 'blue star' to smack into earth...even the great astrologer and seer of all time, Nostradamas, while not calling tomorrow as the "end date" (He predicts that will happen in 3798, or somewhere near that), he has the 2012 date as one to be reckoned with. Not sure what Edgar Cayce had to say about the "date" if anything. But the various prognosticators of the future have some interesting comments we should be concerned about. It doesn't seem to be the situation, however. What say you?

UB

achiro
12-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Matthew 24:36

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Uncle Bill
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Matthew 24:36

You have brought up the 'Christian' view, which I happen to agree with. The "end" has yet to be set up; too many of the prophetic steps to the "end" have yet to happen, so buying into the Mayen calender's end as being the end of the world, would be foolish from a Christian's standpoint.

It's interesting seeing all of the 'ancillary' bolstering being produced in various TV shows about this time of the year 2012. The other night I watched a very intriguing apocolytic show based on the Georgia Guidestones, and the Rosicrucians.

Some of the scientific intelligencia are anxiously awaiting to see what will happen when the sun aligns with the center of the Milky Way. Many believe we will be bombarded with a huge coronal ejection. This will manifest itself in some destruction of our magnetic protection, and clobbering our various frequency determinant devices like the internet and cell phones. It will be easily and quickly known if that happens, so that's what I find fascinating about tomorrow's bench mark date.

UB

DSemple
12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
All I know is I've procrastinated doing a bunch of work (just in case), and I'm going to be one busy son of a gun come Monday if the sun rises just like normal.

Kids don't know the boxes under the tree are empty regards

Don

Pete
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm thinkin the Myans ran out of ink. He He,,,, actually it is the end of a 25,772 cycle. The Sun will now appear to rise or set (can't remember) at the center of the milky way. right dab in the middle of that thinga ma gig the Myans built. I'm guessing they didn't want to start a new calander so soon. writers cramp.

Daniel J Simoens
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
If it does end tomorrow:
http://i.imgur.com/PHpzr.gif

BonMallari
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Is my car payment still due tomorrow ?

Pete
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
http://www.calendarinthesky.org/Portals/CalendarInTheSky/Article%20Images/Galactic%20Alignment/NASA-precession_animation_Web.jpg

Pete
12-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Also the tilt of the earth may be contributing to the melting of the ice caps. Look like a good guess any way. What if the earth was in its opposite tilt

aLWAYS THINKIN:D oH bOY THE MYAN GODS HAVE BLESSED ME WITH EMOTICONS TODAY goodie goodie:-P:-P:-P:-P
Pete

gmhr1
12-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Darn, its still here

MooseGooser
12-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Mine happened with the demise of Hostess.
my next big fear is the loss of Pop Tarts

its OVER then

HPL
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
What time was this supposed to happen? Decided not to do the dishes last night, but today was trash day so went on and set the dumpster out last night just in case we are still here.

zeus3925
12-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Some of the scientific intelligencia are anxiously awaiting to see what will happen when the sun aligns with the center of the Milky Way. Many believe we will be bombarded with a huge coronal ejection. This will manifest itself in some destruction of our magnetic protection, and clobbering our various frequency determinant devices like the internet and cell phones. It will be easily and quickly known if that happens, so that's what I find fascinating about tomorrow's bench mark date.

UB

Huh??? Should I lay in my stock of booze, now?

Marvin S
12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Picked up a smoked ham this AM from the local butcher for Xmas eve - took the wife out for our anniversary, which is today - we are beyond Golden :cool: - otherwise a normal day :).

charly_t
12-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Marvin, congrats to you and your lady.

charly_t
12-21-2012, 05:34 PM
I think that I remember reading that they had more than one calendar and the others did not say there would be an end today.

luvmylabs23139
12-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Picked up a smoked ham this AM from the local butcher for Xmas eve - took the wife out for our anniversary, which is today - we are beyond Golden :cool: - otherwise a normal day :).

Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs!

Uncle Bill
12-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Congrats Marvin. I'm happy the Mayans didn't interfere! ;-) My bride and I celebrated our 52nd this past weekend. She fixed our traditional Christmas dinner last weekend also...sauerbraten, with all the trimmings. Mighty yummy. Wanted to enjoy it before returning to my chemo program, which always wipes out my ability to taste anything. I was in the midst of that last year at this time, so we didn't have our traditional Christmas meal. I really missed it, so this year was very special.

Have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

UB

MooseGooser
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Uncle Bill

I for One is dammed glad you is still around

Merry Christmas to you and Yours..

Gooser

huntinman
12-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Congrats Marvin. I'm happy the Mayans didn't interfere! ;-) My bride and I celebrated our 52nd this past weekend. She fixed our traditional Christmas dinner last weekend also...sauerbraten, with all the trimmings. Mighty yummy. Wanted to enjoy it before returning to my chemo program, which always wipes out my ability to taste anything. I was in the midst of that last year at this time, so we didn't have our traditional Christmas meal. I really missed it, so this year was very special.

UB

Good luck with that... my thoughts are with you.

Marvin S
12-22-2012, 09:41 PM

UB

I have you by a little bit in the longevity of marriage so you need to get the chemo done & get back to living so we can have a contest. My SIL is doing the chemo thing right now from a rare form of cancer caused by chemicals, she was a biologist at the state lab so worked around a lot of chemicals. She's a young thing!

My bride couldn't cook a lick when we got married but she learned & is very good at it. But a treat for her is going out so I suffer, not silently :). I also told her, after all these years of chasing dogs, that we would do more together, so the dogs are a thing of the past. Except, if we move to somewhere that is close to hunting I will get a Brit & go blow holes in the sky in my spare time.

On our way back to Climax, CO after the vows we enjoyed split pea soup for dinner in Silt, CO on Xmas eve. Only place open. What a trip, of course in those days you did not take on responsibility before you were financially able to handle same. 4 days off to get back to Seattle, get married & get back to work the day after Xmas.

You & your family have a nice holiday :)!!!!!!!!!!!!