PDA

View Full Version : A new catch phrase for you all.

Ken Bora
01-03-2013, 09:38 AM
A new catch phrase for you all.
I think it is mine,
I don’t hear anyone else using it yet.
So much today is a one-line sound bite. So here you go.
It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.
If it truly were the guns fault……….
“WHY IS IT YOU NEVER SEE A MASS SHOOTING AT A GUN RANGE?”

hhhmmmmm? Gosh I wonder why.

road kill
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
In line with Ken here, how does anyone ever leave a "GUN SHOW" alive??????

Julie R.
01-03-2013, 10:30 AM
Or how about sporting goods and gun stores? Never heard of any mass killings at any of them. We have a local gun store here, Clark Bros., that's a media favorite to photograph for TV blame-the-gun stories. Lots of gun haters like Mayor Bloomburg love to blame VA for all the guns in the hands of criminals. Clark's has a gun range out back and has been around for probably 50 years. Funny I've never heard of any murder or shooting there....:confused:

caryalsobrook
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I think it is mine,
It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.

I bet it is because they don't allow ammo!!;)

Joke Joke everybody:)

huntinman
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I think it is mine,

because it is a "Criminal Free Zone"

Ken Bora
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM
because it is a "Criminal Free Zone"

gosh that should be a sign. I should make one for my sugarhouse!

JDogger
01-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Why is it we never see a mass shooting in Switzerland? Oh wait, we just did. Guns mandated by the state. Well, Hell there goes that arguement. The shooter had been evaluated by the state, (remember, the state we don't want...) had removed and destroyed his state issued guns. Yet he was able to procur other guns, shoot and kill 3, and wound others.
http://www.google.com/#q=switzerland+shooting&hl=en&tbo=u&rlz=1R2ADRA_enUS457&source=univ&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=_13mUOeODMmdqgHroICQBA&sqi=2&ved=0CC8QqAI&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.aWc&fp=5c7b28b1d15eb1af&bpcl=40096503&biw=1016&bih=577
JD

Ken Bora
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
so crazy criminal with unlawfully obtained guns and enough ammo to kill dozens.
kills 3. then what happend? He was shot. Your point please?????

JDogger
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
so crazy criminal with unlawfully obtained guns and enough ammo to kill dozens.
kills 3. then what happend? He was shot. Your point please?????

The Swiss model of guns issued to former military to keep at home is often touted as a model. Yet that model failed. Even though his guns had been removed because he had be adjudicated as unstable, he was still able to procur the guns used. There's no easy answer is there?

mjh345
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM
The Swiss model of guns issued to former military to keep at home is often touted as a model. Yet that model failed. Even though his guns had been removed because he had be adjudicated as unstable, he was still able to procur the guns used. There's no easy answer is there?
No there is no easy answer.
So what makes anyone think ignoring the 2nd Am is "the answer"?
You cannot legislate away crazy

caryalsobrook
01-04-2013, 06:44 AM

What stupidity. About 50,000 people get killed a year in cars. we have airbags, seat belts, and even more. should we get rid of Cars? How about bicycles? Oh no! People even get killed on bicycles. Let's get rid of bicycles. We just have to walk. Garbage in garbage out. There is risk in everything and nothing is all good and nothing is all bad.

BuddyJ
01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
No there is no easy answer.
So what makes anyone think ignoring the 2nd Am is "the answer"?
You cannot legislate away crazy

If we could legislate away crazy Washington DC would disappear. (what a wonderful thought)

Julie R.
01-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Speaking of Washington D.C., until very recently when the Supreme Court overturned its handgun ban, it had some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Also one of the highest murder rates. Yet last year there were only 88 murders, a huge decline. It's been all over the news...yet nowhere have I heard mention that it just might be because the handgun ban was lifted?

Marvin S
01-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Speaking of Washington D.C., until very recently when the Supreme Court overturned its handgun ban, it had some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Also one of the highest murder rates. Yet last year there were only 88 murders, a huge decline. It's been all over the news...yet nowhere have I heard mention that it just might be because the handgun ban was lifted?

Remember Carl Rowan - big spokesman with a pulpit as an editorial writer with the WA Times for the anti-gun crowd, but had an unregistered weapon in his house.

Down East Labs 217
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
More people were murdered last year by hammers than rifles by a number of close to 2 to 1. More people were murdered by the use of hands last year than by rifles. Are we going to outlaw hammers and hands?

Weapons are not the problem. People are the problem. You can not legislate away murder. People that want to kill, will kill regardless of the weapon they have. You just never hear about the hammers because it lacks sensationalism. Therefore it is a BORING headline.

Keep the second amendment, open the nut house's back up and lock the crazies away. That ladies and gentleman is my non political correct statement of the day.

My opinion

Richard

BuddyJ
01-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Well put, I hope your aim tomorrow is as accurate as your opinion is today. See ya in the am.

Gerry Clinchy
01-04-2013, 08:08 PM
American Thinker had an interesting piece on why you need larger clips ... various scenarios of multiple attackers and also the inability of .22s and .38 slugs not being able to take down an attacker before he could inflict serious injury.

charly_t
01-04-2013, 08:23 PM
.................................................. .....................................

Keep the second amendment, open the nut house's back up and lock the crazies away. That ladies and gentleman is my non political correct statement of the day.

My opinion

Richard

Good post.

I don't know if this had been covered in any thread lately so here goes. How many of these people who commit mass murders have been hunters of game animals ? Not trying to hi-jack this thread.

P.S. I have not heard of one of them being a hunter/sportsman before they went off their rocker. They practiced with a gun at gun ranges in some cases but that is not the same.

charly_t
01-04-2013, 10:38 PM
I think it is mine,

Crazy but not stupid maybe. You could probably also say that they are cowards..........gun range users are equiped to shoot back ( and know how ).