PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck Is NOT A Libertarian !!!

Franco
01-10-2013, 03:25 PM
http://reason.com/24-7/2013/01/08/glenn-becks-the-blaze-relaunched-as-a-li

In an attempt to salvage his sinking on-line media outlet, Glen Beck is now jumping on the Libertarian bandwagon by attempting to aligning himself with the movement.

He is NOT a Libertraian, never was and never will be. He can only do harm to it and he is being called out!

Go away Glen Beck.

road kill
01-10-2013, 03:32 PM

In an attempt to salvage his sinking on-line media outlet, Glen Beck is now jumping on the Libertarian bandwagon by attempting to aligning himself with the movement.

He is NOT a Libertraian, never was and never will be. He can only do harm to it and he is being called out!

Go away Glen Beck.

Are you the Sgt. at Arms of the Libertarians????:cool:

Franco
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Are you the Sgt. at Arms of the Libertarians????:cool:

Yes!

The man is a phoney. He called supporters of the Godfather of the Libertarian movement; Political terrorist! Now, Beck is looking for a new identity and he will be called out. His association can only harm the Party! We don't need or want him.

He has no clue as to what the Party's platform is. (see www.lp.org (http://www.lp.org))

Beck is being denounced on a number of Libertarian Facebook pages as well as from the National Party. The last thing we need is some far-right lunatic whackjob telling people he speaks for the movement!

huntinman
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Ron Paul is a registered Republican... What say you?

BonMallari
01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Yes!

The man is a phoney. He called supporters of the Godfather of the Libertarian movement; Political terrorist! Now, Beck is looking for a new identity and he will be called out. His association can only harm the Party! We don't need or want him.

He has no clue as to what the Party's platform is. (see www.lp.org (http://www.lp.org))

Beck is being denounced on a number of Libertarian Facebook pages as well as from the National Party. The last thing we need is some far-right lunatic whackjob telling people he speaks for the movement!

as opposed to you telling people about the movement....Give it up Franco...in every party there are going to be different interpretations and factions, if you think that ALL libertarians think alike then you are more delusional than I thought...Glenn Beck can call himself whatever he wants, but he has already been exposed, he is nothing more than a snake oil charlatan...look at his career...first CNN, then Fox now his own channel,as long as he gets people to buy into his garbage he will be on TV or some sort of media

huntinman
01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes!

So, the so-calle fastest growing party is really a small tent party?

Franco
01-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Ron Paul is a registered Republican... What say you?

In name only because of the current two party monopoly. There are several Libertarian Republicans serving in DC. Hopefully, soon they will be able to drop the Republican part.

Franco
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
So, the so-calle fastest growing party is really a small tent party?

The party is made up mostly of disenfranchised Repubs and Liberty loving Dems. What we don't need is some kook, looking for a home attempting to be the voice!

road kill
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
The party is made up mostly of disenfranchised Repubs and Liberty loving Dems. What we don't need is some kook, looking for a home attempting to be the voice!
The delicious irony of this!!!!!

Franco
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
The delicious irony of this!!!!!

You would think someone is a kook that believes in; a Balanced Budget Amendment, that the Federal Reserve should be audited, that Foreign Aide should end, the elimination of the Depts of Energy, Education, the EPA, HUD and many other wasteful social progams, shrinking the size of the Fed governemnt, ending the War on drugs, ending our Wars in A'stan and Iraq, and more is a kook!

You can keep your big government Republicans owend by Special Interest!

road kill
01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
You would think someone is a kook that believes in; a Balanced Budget Amendment, that the Federal Reserve should be audited, that Foreign Aide should end, the elimination of the Depts of Energy, Education, the EPA, HUD and many other wasteful social progams, shrinking the size of the Fed governemnt, ending the War on drugs, ending our Wars in A'stan and Iraq, and more is a kook!

You can keep your big government Republicans owend by Special Interest!

Sometimes it's not so much WHAT you say as it is HOW you say it!!

Franco
01-10-2013, 07:14 PM
That is ridiculous!

You and others have critized the man from head to toe and now it's the messenger?

Not buying that. I may be direct and I may not mince my words but I don't wiggle with my post.

huntinman
01-10-2013, 07:56 PM
That is ridiculous!

You and others have critized the man from head to toe and now it's the messenger?

Not buying that. I may be direct and I may not mince my words but I don't wiggle with my post.

Sounds like something Gooser would say:rolleyes:

M&K's Retrievers
01-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Go away Glen Beck.

Franco, I seriously doubt anyone here gives a crap who joins or speaks for your party.

duk4me
01-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Franco, I seriously doubt anyone here gives a crap who joins or speaks for your party.

Sorry Mike I actually do give a crap to whom joins and speaks for the Libertarian party and I damn sure don't want a self serving entertainer be it Beck or Rush or that washed up ESPN guy who's name escapes me.

Ya'll give Franco hell but at least he has the balls to oppose the two parties that are FAILING the American populace.

Franco
01-10-2013, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=duk4me;1054170]Sorry Mike I actually do give a crap to whom joins and speaks for the Libertarian party and I damn sure don't want a self serving entertainer be it Beck or Rush or that washed up ESPN guy who's name escapes me.

Ya'll give Franco hell but at least he has the balls to oppose the two parties that are FAILING the QUOTE]American populace.[/

Some just want the same old, same old and some want reform. I'm glad you recognize that!

smillerdvm
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=duk4me;1054170]Sorry Mike I actually do give a crap to whom joins and speaks for the Libertarian party and I damn sure don't want a self serving entertainer be it Beck or Rush or that washed up ESPN guy who's name escapes me.

Ya'll give Franco hell but at least he has the balls to oppose the two parties that are FAILING the QUOTE]American populace.[/

Some just want the same old, same old and some want reform. I'm glad you recognize that!

There are too many brainwashed non thinking sheeple. Im glad to see that duk is capable and willing to look behind the curtain. We need more thinkers and less cheerleading sheeple that follow and believe the talking points of their chosen group without holding them responsible for the actual results they produce. Then and only then will we regain a rational responsive govt that serves the people

shawninthesticks
01-10-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm late to the party ,but I'm still with Franco ...Repubicrap and democrapic,I could care less about a (party) We need responsible adult's that understand "cause and effect" not a party.

Are you a Republican ,democrat or American?

BonMallari
01-11-2013, 05:10 AM
I'm late to the party ,but I'm still with Franco ...Repubicrap and democrapic,I could care less about a (party) We need responsible adult's that understand "cause and effect" not a party.

Are you a Republican ,democrat or American?

You just contradicted yourself...if you could care less about a Party then it doesnt matter whether you are Republican, Democrat or Libertarian...the only time it really matters what party you belong to is if your state holds a closed primary....we get so caught up in trying to label each other...There are some Dem's on this board who I have similar views...there are some Repub's that I have almost nothing in common...As I stated on another thread, it makes very little difference to me what party you affiliate yourself with, its how you align yourself and who you align yourself with that separates us

If you want me to take notice of the Libertarian party then lets see some name politicians leave the Republican Party and run as a Libertarian...its like the Tea Party, many candidates want to wrap themselves in the flag and warmth of the Tea Party, but when it gets down and dirty they run as a Republican....Why else do you think Jim DeMint left the Senate ? possibly because the Tea Party darling could only get so much support, but when it came to legislation and votes, there are still just two major sides

Pete
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Ya'll give Franco hell but at least he has the balls to oppose the two parties that are FAILING the American populace.
Amen to that.
I doubt there is one true conservative left in washington. The libertarian platform is as conservative as it gets.
Most of you are fooled by their smiles and warm sincerity's and the fact that on the surface they are really quite eloquent and "presidential" and appear prim and proper.
They can be convincing for sure.
They have convinced you to look at what they say and not what they do. Look at the fruitful nation our government has produce

Pete

huntinman
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
All you "libertarians" are talking a good game now... how come you can't put up a candidate that didn't walk right off a spaceship from Mars? Come on... I you didn't have a bunch of fruitloops running around maybe some would actually listen to your message.

Franco
01-11-2013, 10:37 AM
You just contradicted yourself...if you could care less about a Party then it doesnt matter whether you are Republican, Democrat or Libertarian...the only time it really matters what party you belong to is if your state holds a closed primary....we get so caught up in trying to label each other...There are some Dem's on this board who I have similar views...there are some Repub's that I have almost nothing in common...As I stated on another thread, it makes very little difference to me what party you affiliate yourself with, its how you align yourself and who you align yourself with that separates us

If you want me to take notice of the Libertarian party then lets see some name politicians leave the Republican Party and run as a Libertarian...You just don't get it! We don't want big named repubs in the Libertarian Party. They are a big part of the problem we have today. Just look at this last piece of legislation they passed laden with pork/earmarks. its like the Tea Party, many candidates want to wrap themselves in the flag and warmth of the Tea Party, but when it gets down and dirty they run as a Republican....Though there are nine Congressmen who call themselves Libertarian Repubs, we currently have to deal with a two party monopoly Why else do you think Jim DeMint left the Senate ? possibly because the Tea Party darling could only get so much support, but when it came to legislation and votes, there are still just two major sides Don't confuse the Teas with the Libertarians!

My responces in red.

Four years ago the LP was not organized in all 50 states like it is today. The state organizatiosn are putting up L candidates for state offices as well as looking at National offices. There is growing dissatisfaction with the Repub Party as well as the Dems. It is clear to many that they are there to serve the Special Interest and not the people! That is why we have the problems we do today and to think they will reform is like asking a a leopard to change spots.

mudminnow
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I think the libertarian leaning candidates have been great, but the media marginalizes them as "that crazy old man" or "that person that just wants to smoke weed", just as they marginalize social conservatives by saying they hate women and gays. Congratulations for buying into their portrayal on libertarians just as the majority of americans bought into the conservative portayal this last election season.

And Bon, DeMint would have barely even needed to campaign to get re elected. He had plenty of votes and was leading folks in SC to a more libertarian mindset. Lindsey graham better watch out for his seat next time he is up for re election.

BonMallari
01-11-2013, 10:46 AM
You don't want big name republicans, well then I guess you don't want Rand Paul....he ran under the flag and support of the TEA Party in Kentucky....now you get him to leave the R Party and you got something

and someone calling themselves Libertarian Republicans is no different than someone calling themselves Tea Party Republicans...they are still Republicans but with an emphasis on a different wing of the party

huntinman
01-11-2013, 10:47 AM
You don't want big name republicans, well then I guess you don't want Rand Paul....he ran under the flag and support of the TEA Party in Kentucky....now you get him to leave the R Party and you got something

and someone calling themselves Libertarian Republicans is no different than someone calling themselves Tea Party Republicans...they are still Republicans but with an emphasis on a different wing of the party

I have never heard Rand Paul identify himself as a Libertarian Republican.

mudminnow
01-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I havent heard him call himself that, but i have seen him act that way in his voting record and that is what matters.

huntinman
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I havent heard him call himself that, but i have seen him act that way in his voting record and that is what matters.

You just keep on thinking that and let me know when he ditches the R's to come run as an L.

Franco
01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
All you "libertarians" are talking a good game now... how come you can't put up a candidate that didn't walk right off a spaceship from Mars? Come on... I you didn't have a bunch of fruitloops running around maybe some would actually listen to your message.

Here is one of your Libertarian Fruitloops. He was kicked off of the Budget Committee by Boehner because he wanted to propose a balanced Budget!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c101.0.403.403/p403x403/67830_10151184800852568_1703458399_n.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/libertarianrepublicans

Bon, Rand Paul is a Freshman Senator that is widely rejected by the Repub bigshots. Rand is already a Libertarian but ran as a Repub because of the two party monopoly!

mudminnow
01-11-2013, 11:18 AM
You just keep on thinking that and let me know when he ditches the R's to come run as an L.

Well i doubt he will ditch it because there are too many people who vote for party and not policy. The biggest problems i have with the republican party right now is their need of constant unwinnable wars, moral policing of the bedroom, and supporting warrantless searches, siezures, and killings of american citizens. Call me crazy but the Federal Govt should not be doing any of this stuff.

Franco
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Well i doubt he will ditch it because there are too many people who vote for party and not policy. The biggest problems i have with the republican party right now is their need of constant unwinnable wars, moral policing of the bedroom, and supporting warrantless searches, siezures, and killings of american citizens. Call me crazy but the Federal Govt should not be doing any of this stuff.

Bingo!

I am a dues paying member of a national organization known as the Liberty Pack. Our agenda is to promote any candidate, no matter which party they are affiliated with that represents the ideals and platform of the Libertarian party. We know that the path to politcal clout and reform is a three pronged stratergy. The first two is in influencing and promoting the platform through the exsisting two monopoly parties. The third is in building a bigger LP. As the third happens, more of the first two will drop their Repub and Dem affiliations.

Julie R.
01-11-2013, 01:33 PM

Very good points. I've always been bothered by the growing trend of the GOP to be in lock step with the dictates of the religious right. You simply cannot legislate morality. What bothers me even more is the great dumbing down of America, which has proven fertile ground for the current 2-party monopoly. I think Romney was wrong about the 47 percent; it's obvious that over 50 percent vote single-issue because they don't know any better.

We know that the path to politcal clout and reform is a three pronged stratergy. The first two is in influencing and promoting the platform through the exsisting two monopoly parties. The third is in building a bigger LP. As the third happens, more of the first two will drop their Repub and Dem affiliations.

Oh and Franco, I think the LP should adopt a proven successful strategy: promise them not only cell phones, but weed and amnesty for themselves and all their relatives. LOL. That should garner a good number of the single issue voting public's support!

mudminnow
01-11-2013, 01:57 PM
I think it is funny that the GOP has the religious right in their palm so much, that they could choose a mormon which is considered a heretical cult to most christians, and still get their vote. The GOP is at a tipping point, they can go with Christie et al and become the "big government, irresponsible spending, moral police" or go with folks like Amash and Paul and become the party of "Limited government, states rights, responsible spending". Whenever i explain to folks the advantages of a small federal government with a powerful state govt, they think its great. Oh, you are gay and want to get married, move to a state that allows it, oh you want to have an abortion, move to a state that allows it. This was never taught in me during my school years and is no surprise coming from the same teachers that thought whenever there was a vacancy in the Trinity, lincoln should fill it. The more uneducated voters are, the more likely they are to vote themselves into slavery

Franco
01-11-2013, 02:12 PM
The one issue voter is a problem and the reason we have the government we have. Most tend to gravitate to the more sensational and social issues when the biggest afront to our freedom is in the destruction of our economy via crony capitalism and speacial interest supported by both the Dems and the Repubs and financed by the Fed Reserve.

http://www.lp.org/issues