PDA

View Full Version : He Has Talked the Talk........

road kill
01-17-2013, 05:45 AM
.....will he Walk the Walk???

Franco, Republican Rand Paul got my attention;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkrkwCltdHQ

Franco
01-17-2013, 06:35 AM
When one talks about Libertarian Republican Rand Paul, realize that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I don't think there is any doubt he will walk the walk and continue to alienate many Republicans, much like his father.

Interesting that what Rand is suggesting is the same thing his father has been saying the last week on his speaking engagements with 100% of the speaking fees going to the Liberty Pack. We are talking about two men with strong beliefs in The Constitution.

If the 2nd Amendment is tampered with, so will the 1st.

P S

Notice the Israeli flag in the background? Rand has been is Israel the last week explaining to them why he would end Foreign Aide to them. Though Rand is a member of one of the Protestant religions, he was reading the Torah in Hebrew to elders at a Temple. There is a video of it on youtube.

road kill
01-17-2013, 06:47 AM
When one talks about Libertarian Republican Rand Paul, realize that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. I don't think there is any doubt he will walk the walk and continue to alienate many Republicans, much like his father.

Interesting that what Rand is suggesting is the same thing his father has been saying the last week on his speaking engagements with 100% of the speaking fees going to the Liberty Pack. We are talking about two men with strong beliefs in The Constitution.

If the 2nd Amendment is tampered with, so will the 1st.

P S

Notice the Israeli flag in the background? Rand has been is Israel the last week explaining to them why he would end Foreign Aide to them. Though Rand is a member of one of the Protestant religions, he was reading the Torah in Hebrew to elders at a Temple. There is a video of it on youtube.

We (America/not just Republicans) desperately need a leader.
The opportunity is there.

Right now, I am watching Rubio and Paul.

JMO

Dustin D
01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
I listen to him last night on AFR and without being able to see him you could easily guess that he is Ron's son. They speak the same with the same pauses, they give that little giggle the same and they set up their sentences the same way.

Hopefully he has an even more successful career than his father and becomes President one day......soon hopefully.

Sadly that's probably too much of a dream b/c he's a Christian who attends Church every Sunday and doesn't mind telling folks that he depends on Jesus to help him make decisions. But hey, we'll attempt to vote a Mormon in lol Crazy Nation!

mudminnow
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Rubio is what the establishment would rather have than Rand, but Rand is wha the country needs more than Rubio. I have not been convinced that Rubio desires small government and large liberty yet. Rand is my man now

huntinman
01-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Is anyone, including Rand Paul identifying him as a "Libertarian Republican".

(Other than Libertarians desperately trying to hang on to a big name?)

Franco
01-17-2013, 09:09 AM
All one has to do is go to Rand's website and see where he stands on the issues. Then, go to the RNC website and read the Platform. Then, go to LP.org and read where they stand on the issues and one will see that Rand mirrors the LP Platform.

Rand is also a member of the Liberty Pack, an organization that funds and promotes Liberty loving candidates no matter which Party they belong to!

Again, the only reason Rand is classified as a Repub is because of the current two Party monopoly.

huntinman
01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
All one has to do is go to Rand's website and see where he stands on the issues. Then, go to the RNC website and read the Platform. Then, go to LP.org and read where they stand on the issues and one will see that Rand mirrors the LP Platform.

Rand is also a member of the Liberty Pack, an organization that funds and promotes Liberty loving candidates no matter which Party they belong to!

Again, the only reason Rand is classified as a Repub is because of the current two Party monopoly.

It's a simple yes or no question.

road kill
01-17-2013, 09:17 AM

I went to Rand Pauls website.
I did not see him referenced as a Libertarian, in any manner.

I see him identified as a Republican.

Franco
01-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Rubio is what the establishment would rather have than Rand, but Rand is wha the country needs more than Rubio. I have not been convinced that Rubio desires small government and large liberty yet. Rand is my man now

I agree.

Possible Repub cadidates for 2016;

Rick Santorum is the front runner. He is already campaigning and fund raising. Has a fund raiser in my little town on March 9th at the Catholic Conference. And, was the runner up to Rmoney.

Bobby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul

Who am I leaving out?

dback
01-17-2013, 09:23 AM
It's a simple yes or no question.

:-) :-)

And as long as he stays on board that big boat and works hard for change I'll listen.......as soon as he hops on a dinghy and starts flinging rotten grapefruit at the mothership......I'll flick boogers back.

Franco
01-17-2013, 09:24 AM
I went to Rand Pauls website.
I did not see him referenced as a Libertarian, in any manner.

I see him identified as a Republican.

Go to his Releases and News sections and see where he stands on the issues, then tell me where he is aligned. He is all about a smaller Fed Govenrment, end to Foreign Intervention, Personal Freedom, Peace, End of Drug War. Ending the Fed Reserve/Gold Standard etc. This is not what today's GOP supports! Remember, most still don't know anythng about the Libertarian party and some are scared of the name. There are some like Hintingman who take joy in spreading false information about the Party.

dback
01-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Who am I leaving out?

Mmmmmmmm.....Paul Ryan..........

M&K's Retrievers
01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
I agree.

Rick Santorum is the front runner. He is already campaigning and fund raising. Has a fund raiser in my little town on March 9th at the Catholic Conference. And, was the runner up to Rmoney.

Bobby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul

Who am I leaving out?

Just what we need. We already nominated Romney who couldn't beat McCain who couldn't beat Obama the first time. Now are we to look to the guy(s) who couldn't beat the guy who couldn't beat Obama the second time.

Makes sense to me.

Franco
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Paul, Rubio and Jindal were not Primary candidates last go round.

I'm just pointing out the likely candidates so far.

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
so now we have Libertarian republicans

Tea Party republicans

Republicans In Name Only- RINO's

Reagan republicans

and all this time we were told that the Republican Party was finished.....kinda hard to kill an elephant

road kill
01-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Scott Walker
(he is not a Libertarian)

huntinman
01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
so now we have Libertarian republicans

Tea Party republicans

Republicans In Name Only- RINO's

Reagan republicans

and all this time we were told that the Republican Party was finished.....kinda hard to kill an elephant

But the only real conservatives are the FRANCO REPUBLICANS... They look and sound like regular Republicans... But somewhere, somehow get the seal of approval of the mysterious FRANCO, the Cajun prognosticator. Although this brash prognosticator stands on his high horse boldly proclaiming all that will happen on the gridiron and in the halls of power, he is rarely correct. Never fear, this bastion of Libertarian Loquaciousness is unwavering in his support of the rare (in fact, never seen Libertarian Republican).

Dan Storts
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
The GOP will try to ram in Christie. The then try picking a conservative running make the right, of the party, happy.

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 10:13 AM
The GOP will try to ram in Christie. The then try picking a conservative running make the right, of the party, happy.

I think the MEDIA will try to ram in Christie...just think he is too much of a loose cannon to satisfy the hard core rank and file

M&K's Retrievers
01-17-2013, 10:15 AM

Christie?? King Barack's supporter. I hope we can do better.

Those that are qualified to do the job don't want anything to do with it.

Dan Storts
01-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Christie?? King Barack's supporter. I hope we can do better.

Those that are qualified to do the job don't want anything to do with it.

I personally cannot stand the guy. He is a donut shop's dream and buffet restaurant's nightmare.

huntinman
01-17-2013, 11:01 AM
I personally cannot stand the guy. He is a donut shop's dream and buffet restaurant's nightmare.

He's worse than Obama... Never met a TV camera he didn't love. Just a blowhard. Chris Christi in stretch pants.

M&K's Retrievers
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM

Don't forget blowhard and BSer but I guess that goes with the job description.

mngundog
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
We (America/not just Republicans) desperately need a leader.
The opportunity is there.

Right now, I am watching Rubio and Paul.

JMO
Rubio the immigration King the man who helped Obama write his immigration plan?

Marvin S
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM

Myself not a Rubio fan but as someone who

I voted for Romney

Who would you like to see going through the primaries? Who is clean enough for you?

mudminnow
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
If I had a crystal ball i think it would show a tough 2016 primary with Christie and Rubio in the front. The media would give all the time to these guys and they would argue how by being big government they are really small government. Then the Rand Paulians would get fed up and vote for a libertarian candidate again.

Rand Paul is a libertarian republican by description and republican by camp. Just like Rubio is a tea party/ who cares about immigration repub, and christie is a pro big gov/fast food/ dem lite repub. They describe the differences in the party. In my state we have two republican senators, one is a RINO (Lindsey graham) and the other is a tea party (Tim Scott). Unfortunately the latin lovesick ex governor Sanford may make a run for the special election for demints seat. Sanford was great politically but awful personally, and we all know that can only work in the democratic party

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
If I had a crystal ball i think it would show a tough 2016 primary with Christie and Rubio in the front. The media would give all the time to these guys and they would argue how by being big government they are really small government. Then the Rand Paulians would get fed up and vote for a libertarian candidate again.

Rand Paul is a libertarian republican by description and republican by camp. Just like Rubio is a tea party/ who cares about immigration repub, and christie is a pro big gov/fast food/ dem lite repub. They describe the differences in the party. In my state we have two republican senators, one is a RINO (Lindsey graham) and the other is a tea party (Tim Scott). Unfortunately the latin lovesick ex governor Sanford may make a run for the special election for demints seat. Sanford was great politically but awful personally, and we all know that can only work in the democratic party

what about your Governor...do you think she got hurt politically by backing Mitt, or that Sarah P. campaigned for her

Sanford scares me that he thinks he is still a viable candidate...I even saw one report that his former wife turned down an offer to run for the seat

mudminnow
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't think she will run, she isn't liked to well across the state. Alot of folks blame and smear her for no good reason. I voted for her, and i may again because she is very anti pork and limited government. For as much as the state is labeled as conservatives, our state govt is not.

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't think she will run, she isn't liked to well across the state. Alot of folks blame and smear her for no good reason. I voted for her, and i may again because she is very anti pork and limited government. For as much as the state is labeled as conservatives, our state govt is not.

I liked her, thought she should have been on the short list for VP consideration...but if she isnt well liked in her own state then she has probably reached her political zenith

mngundog
01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Myself not a Rubio fan but as someone who

Who would you like to see going through the primaries? Who is clean enough for you?
I believe Rubio will get the nod, he's the one guy (being discussed now), that can capture the young vote, the Hispanic vote, and female vote (I know I will get blasted by this). I respect Christie's way of handling things, he's the one guy who is not going to flip flop and is capable of reaching out across party lines, although I don't believe is some of his politics. As for you last question, Tim Pawlenty is clean enough for me but does not have the charisma to get through the primaries. Rand Paul is interesting to say the least. Newt, Donald, Bachmann, Please not again.

road kill
01-17-2013, 12:59 PM
Don't know of anything Rubio and the Obama agree on.

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I think its a long way to 2016, and hoping some fresh new faces emerge

mngundog
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Don't know of anything Rubio and the Obama agree on.
You agree with Rubio's stance on immigration?

mngundog
01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
I think its a long way to 2016, and hoping some fresh new faces emerge
I with you. +1

Franco
01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Interesting little piece on Mitch McConnell from the Economic Policy Journal.
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/01/jesse-bentons-attempt-to-co-opt-liberty.html

Gerry Clinchy
01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
I agree.

Bobby Jindal
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul

Who am I leaving out?

I think that Ryan is still viable, but I think he's more valuable in Congress.

Too new to DC yet, but Ted Cruz impresses me so far as one of those "fresh faces" that could emerge.

I think Allen West could enhance a ticket.

Romney did better in NV this go-round than McCain did. Might have been the influence of Gov. Martinez?