PDA

View Full Version : Sarge, turn on the news

huntinman
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
You think Al-Quaeda is dead... Think again.

zeus3925
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
I didn't say it was dead any more than all the deer in the woods that you that you didn't get to kill on opening day. ( I know you aren't the sort to brag about your misses.) But, there are a lot of them that are ending up as french fries and hamburger. Good Huntin'!

huntinman
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Sarge, just between you and me. I call myself huntinman because I love to hunt. Same with the photos on the avatar. I don't proclaim to be better than anyone else at any kind of hunting. I just love being out there, especially with my son or my granddaughter.

Blaze orange regards,

Here are my son and my granddaughter from last year. This was a season in which I never pulled the trigger, yet it was the most rewarding season of my life. If you can't understand that, you don't understand real hunters.

10817. 10818

zeus3925
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the pix, Huntinman! I am a hunter myself. I wouldn't do the dog games if it didn't apply to hunting. I love hunting and the only thing I regret is my aging body will probably bring it to an end much sooner than I wish.

My remarks are intended to be more allegorical than personal. I hope you will accept them as such.

Gamewise, I didn't see a deer much less shoot at one. But, sometimes the quiet retreat is good for the soul. I had lousy luck pheasant hunting, but got my arm sufficiently sore shooting sky carp.

What part of Tennessee do you live? I expect to pass through your great state sometime in the next 36 hours.

huntinman
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
I am in Clarksville, just inside the border from KY off I-24. (NW of Nashville about 45 miles). You going to be on I-65 or
I-24? Heading north or south?

huntinman
01-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I am in Clarksville, just inside the border from KY off I-24. (NW of Nashville about 45 miles). You going to be on I-65 or
I-24? Heading north or south?

Stop in, I'll buy you lunch or if its at night at least some coffee and a bite at the house...

zeus3925
01-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Thank you for your kind offer. We will be going through Clarksville. We are heading South. I'll send you a PM with my cell #

FOM
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Stop in, I'll buy you lunch or if its at night at least some coffee and a bite at the house...

Thank you for your kind offer. We will be going through Clarksville. We are heading South. I'll send you a PM with my cell #

This right here is what makes RTF great...we can all have differences, but when it comes down to it we are just one big "dysfunctional family!" ;)

road kill
01-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Are you taking the "Last Train............?"

charly_t
01-17-2013, 02:22 PM
This right here is what makes RTF great...we can all have differences, but when it comes down to it we are just one big "dysfunctional family!" ;)

Isn't it the truth ! vbg

huntinman
01-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Hey... WE can give each other hell... But don't let someone else try it... We might have to rain on their parade.

PS... Just got off the phone with Sarge... He's not as bad as all you guys have been sayin'

M&K's Retrievers
01-17-2013, 02:59 PM
He's not as bad as all you guys have been sayin'

He's not worse is he??:p

road kill
01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGyu7l3KcU

BonMallari
01-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Sarge is from the state that brought us Al Franken as a US Senator...yes the same doofus from Trading Places (I ,mean Al, not Sarge)...dont get much more liberal than that

huntinman
01-17-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGyu7l3KcU

OMG.... Not that bad. Just dog guys talking about something other than politics for a change.. .

zeus3925
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Thank you again, Bill. See you when we swing through.

zeus3925
01-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Sarge is from the state that brought us Al Franken as a US Senator...yes the same doofus from Trading Places (I ,mean Al, not Sarge)...dont get much more liberal than that
Yeah, but I don't vote for pro-wrestlers or funny men.

road kill
01-17-2013, 04:48 PM
OMG.... Not that bad. Just dog guys talking about something other than politics for a change.. .
You are very fortunate.....some pm's simply go unanswered!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/mystflpsy8/cryingemoticon.gif

mngundog
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Worse yet, Bachman.:(

DSO
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the pix, Huntinman! I am a hunter myself. I wouldn't do the dog games if it didn't apply to hunting. I love hunting and the only thing I regret is my aging body will probably bring it to an end much sooner than I wish.

My remarks are intended to be more allegorical than personal. I hope you will accept them as such.

Gamewise, I didn't see a deer much less shoot at one. But, sometimes the quiet retreat is good for the soul. I had lousy luck pheasant hunting, but got my arm sufficiently sore shooting sky carp.

What part of Tennessee do you live? I expect to pass through your great state sometime in the next 36 hours.

Very true statement. Reminds me of the time 8 years back taking my son DJ out behind the house during deer season. He was about 5 at the time and grew up watching his dad / uncles and grandfathers heading to the outdoors to go hunting. We sat for about an hour with not much going on. The woods were absolutely silent and I remember glancing over at him a few times and seeing the excitement in his eyes. Being a little guy he was restless and found it hard to sit still. In the calm silence of the woods I was one proud Papa. Had my little man by his side and I was in heaven. A notion came to me that I thought I should share with my son. As he scanned the woods looking for anything that moved I whispered "DJ, did you hear that?" He whispered back "no". I said "listen hard". He looked and listened with all his might and replied "I don't hear anything Daddy." That's when I told him "That's silence buddy, You're going love that sound some day." It's one of my fondest memories. Great thread guys.

Danny

HPL
01-17-2013, 09:28 PM

Let's wait and see if for some reason it makes the nightly news first ;-)

charly_t
01-17-2013, 10:00 PM
You are very fortunate.....some pm's simply go unanswered!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/mystflpsy8/cryingemoticon.gif

And some PMs don't go through on here.

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Worse yet, Bachman.:(

Bachman over Frankenstein anyday~!!!
She is actually qualified to discuss taxes, unlike Obama or Frankenstein. YOU can agree or disagree with her about policy (sucking taxpayers dry for leaches as liberal obama fools do) but she knows the tax code.
She knows how we the real taxpayers are being sucked dry by the obama leaches.

JDogger
01-17-2013, 10:09 PM
And some PMs don't go through on here.

We will try to taste your tears. VBG eh? JD

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2013, 10:23 PM
We will try to taste your tears. VBG eh? JD

JD,
I don't know you and I don't know Charlie but somehow this is bothering me a lot more than any direct attack on me.

JDogger
01-17-2013, 10:27 PM
JD,
I don't know you and I don't know Charlie but somehow this is bothering me a lot more than any direct attack on me.

Good! Put me on ignore...JD

huntinman
01-17-2013, 10:40 PM

Now back to your bottle...

luvmylabs23139
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM

It's snowing in Dixie, a rare site. Was hoping for another rare site JD being at the least decent to Charlie. no lluck on that front.

JDogger
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
It's snowing in Dixie, a rare site. Was hoping for another rare site JD being at the least decent to Charlie. no lluck on that front.

Luvy, Huntinman. I doubt that Charly needs either of you to come to her defense. She plays here on PP with the rest of us, speaks her mind, and stands for what she believes.

Here is luvy's PM to me;

" put me on ignore...
Really? Why are you attacking Charlie rather than talking to her? I understand why you would do that with me as I take no crap am most likely a little brat in your mind, while I doubt I can find words that won't get me banned to say what I think about your Obama kissing ways. But Charlie has never used the words I use and well I'd still get my ass kicked for using those words to someone of her (crap what do I say to be pC) generation. Its sort of just wrong. "

So Luvy, rather than addressing me in public on the thread, instead chooses to do it by PM. Huntinman at least made his views public. Hoo-ah!

Salty tear-tasting regards, JD

road kill
01-18-2013, 06:46 AM

Consider it Done!!!

duk4me
01-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Consider it Done!!!

Hell Stan then you won't be able to have any fun.

road kill
01-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Hell Stan then you won't be able to have any fun.
I have never put anyone on ignore before.
I enjoy the back and forth.
I like bantering with Buzz, sarge, Gold dogs, mngundog, Blackstone (who I miss) and others.
I even miss menmon to a degree.
I understand that we all have taveled different roads to reach our current places.
Believe it or not, even I have had some of the best life has to offer and some of the worst life has to offer.
I just try to "keep on keepin' on.........."

But I don't like mean people.
So I now have 2 on ignore.
They are both very negative and flat out mean.
I have never seen a positive post from either of them on any subject....EVER!!!

In the bank account known as the "RTF," some folks are seriously "overdrawn."

Nuff said.

Golddogs
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM

Wrong guy Bon, I believe you are thinking of Dan Akroyd who was in the movie with Eddie Murphy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Ameche and an actor I caanot remember. ( great old character actor )

Franken was Stewart Smiley on SNL..."..Im' good enough, Im'smart enough, and dogonit I like myself!!! "

road kill
01-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Wrong guy Bon, I believe you are thinking of Dan Akroyd who was in the movie with Eddie Murphy, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Ameche and an actor I caanot remember. ( great old character actor )

Franken was Stewart Smiley on SNL..."..Im' good enough, Im'smart enough, and dogonit I like myself!!! "
Yep, Franken was anything BUT funny!

Golddogs
01-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Yep, Franken was anything BUT funny!

I have to disagree. When he had MJ ( Michael Jordan ) on in his Stewert bit, it was really funny. And he and Al Davis wrote some emmy winning stuff for SNL in the day. And I suggest you look at some of the bills he is working on. Almost all of them deal with veterans issues.
I voted Coleman, but he is doing a better job than many though. So much so that Coleman has announced he will not run against him next term.

JDogger
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Consider it Done!!!

My heart soars like an eagle! :D

BonMallari
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM

Al Franken was one of the baggage handlers that were tormenting the gorilla in the cage along with Tom Davis...but I only remember Jaime Lee Curtis baring her breasts in the movie:D

the other Duke brother was the great character actor Ralph Bellamy

Golddogs
01-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Al Franken was one of the baggage handlers that were tormenting the gorilla in the cage along with Tom Davis...but I only remember Jaime Lee Curtis baring her breasts in the movie:D

the other Duke brother was the great character actor Ralph Bellamy

OMG I completly forgot that:oops:........ ( it has been 30 years ) When they put the male gorilla in with the fake one, his eyes. And yes Ralph Belamy. The Duke brothers and the margin call.

Still one of of my favorite movies.

Looking Good Billy Ray;;Feeing Good Louis Regards

huntinman
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
I have to disagree. When he had MJ ( Michael Jordan ) on in his Stewert bit, it was really funny. And he and Al Davis wrote some emmy winning stuff for SNL in the day. And I suggest you look at some of the bills he is working on. Almost all of them deal with veterans issues.
I voted Coleman, but he is doing a better job than many though. So much so that Coleman has announced he will not run against him next term.

Hell, why would he? Any state that would elect a pro wrestler then a total doofus like Al Franken has shown it is not serious when it comes to its elected officials. Why bother?

HPL
01-18-2013, 06:21 PM
You realize that he can't see that, right?